Take Me As I Am (Completed)

By myheartsmistake

I don't like One Direction. So can someone please tell me why I'm stuck on a game show with the five boys who... More

Take Me As I Am
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Alternate Ending ~ Nick
Alternate Ending ~ Harry
Alternate Ending ~ Liam
Alternate Ending ~ Niall
Author's Note

Chapter Forty-Two

209K 8.3K 1K
By myheartsmistake

Dedication to KittiKatty! :)

Chapter Forty-Two:

"Al! Welcome back! Oh my word, I've missed you so-o-o much!" A girl, blonde with dip dyed pink hair, and an annoyingly high voice declared. 

"Um… Who are you?" I stopped walking, Caleb and I both turning to look at this girl.

"You're so funny! It's Gianna! You know me, silly! Always the practical joker!" She giggled, hair flipping to the side.

"Um, okay Gianna, whelp, I better be going. Bye." I then linked on to Caleb's arm and sped walked out of there.

"That was weird." Caleb commented as we continued through the halls. Our goal was the outside tree - our usual lunch spot. 

It was our first day back to school, first day as a senior. Another reason I was praising the Lord that I was back home. From what Trinity and Cara told me, they didn't start for another week, but Jules was missing her first week of school. 

"It's been happening all day," I replied to Caleb. Suddenly, it seemed as though I was the most popular girl in school. 

And I didn't like it one bit.

"You're taking all the attention off of me. That's not okay." Caleb complained good-naturedly. 

"You can have the attention. Seriously. Take it. I won't be upset. At all." I said. We continued to walk down to where Nick and Devin were ogling at something on Nick's phone - probably at some skinny girl on Facebook. 

"Look at this, Al, you're everywhere." Nick shoved the phone in my face. The theory I had that they were staring at some girl was proven wrong, as I saw a picture of me and Harry Styles. Looking at it, I placed it as the time he told me that he had dropped his sunglasses into the toilet for the fourth time that afternoon. So I was in the middle of a laugh while he looked pretty darn sheepish. "Apparently you're dating him."

"That's a bunch of bologna," I rolled my eyes before scanning the article.

Popstar Finds True Love on a…. Game Show?

Nineteen year old Harry Styles seems to have taken a liking to a certain seventeen year old… Who happens to be a contestant on One Direction's reality game show? Talk about a love twist! The girl, Allison Grate, has become quite well known as the sassy, sarcastic contestant - one who has made it obvious that does not want to be on the show! When the show first aired, there was a lot of discussion on Al. A seventeen year old girl who seemed to hate One Direction? It definitely added drama to the show! We've seen her interact with all the boys, many 'directioners' declaring that her chemistry with all five is astounding! The two have even shared a kiss, during the fifth episode! Has Harry Styles finally found his princess? Or in this case… His tomboy?

"That is the stupidest thing I've ever read." I muttered, shoving the phone back to Nick. I immediately took my own phone out and dialed TheFantasticalHarry.

"Hello?" He answered almost immediately, his greeting drawn out in the way only Harry can do.

"We're not dating." I informed him.

"Yes, yes I know that." His tone took on a confused lilt. 

"Then why are there a ton of gossip magazines saying that we are?" 

"Al. They're called gossip magazines for a reason, you know." Harry chuckled, confusion gone as he found the amusement in the situation. 

"I don't want people thinking we're dating." I argued.

Silence. Then I heard a shuffling of feet and loud yelling in the background. Then, "Let me talk to her!"

"Al! Hi Al! Give me the phone!"

"Louis, get your greasy fingers off me!"

"I'm going to go now." I spoke, although a small smile had made its way to my mouth. 

"No!" Three voices chorused. Then an Irish accent got louder as I could picture Niall snatching the phone. "Hi Al. We miss you!"

"Miss you too. Kind of. Not really." A full-blown grin snuck onto my face.

"Trinity said you're coming to the party," Liam added in.

"Unfortunately." 

"You get to see us again, how could that ever be an unfortunately?" Louis inputed.

"Whatever. I'll see you guys later. Bye."

I hung up and placed the phone back in my pocket before unwrapping my roast beef sandwich. I then realized that all three of my friends were staring at me like I had five heads. I mumbled through my full mouth. "What?"

"Since you've come back, you haven't been the same. You text and call celebrities like it's no big deal, that's not something our old Al would have done." Devin wasn't accusing, he was simply trying to state a fact.

But I found myself extremely offended. "I'm the exact same as I was before I left."

"That's a lie." Nick tilted his head towards me.

"What are you talking about? 'That's a lie'? What the actual heck, man. I was stuck on a TV show for seven weeks. I'm sorry I've kind of forgotten what real life was like - but in case you forgot, the only reason I was there, was because of you. So." I crossed my arms in frustration, completely appalled that the three guys who've been through everything with me, were suddenly telling me I changed.

"It was a joke, it wasn't supposed to happen." Nick snapped. "And you have got to stop blaming me for that."

"Don't blame me then, for going. Do you know how much I dreaded going? But eventually I learned to get over, because I had to be there. I started having fun, I did some things I never thought I would do. So please, don't blame me for not hating every single second of it."

"That's not the problem." Nick rolled his eyes in a condescending way, something that made me want to punch his little know-it-all look right off his face. "The problem is, you're not the same girl you were when you left. You're friends with them now."

"Oh, heaven forbid! I'm friends with someone other than you!"

"You've changed." Nick shook his head in disbelief.

"You know what? Whatever. I haven't changed. And if you're so adamant in believing it, then fine. Believe it. I'm done with trying to prove differently - if you want to be friends, then you have to act like friends. You know where to find me when you're ready to apologize." With those words, I hiked my backpack onto my shoulder and stalked away. I continued to eat my sandwich as I walked to my next class.

I refused to focus on their words, instead I focused on school and on how stupid boys are.

~~~

La, la, la. I know it's short. Please don't comment that. It's frustrating, because although it might not be a 'fun' chapter and it might not be super exciting, it's still essential to the story. Next chapter is longer, I promise.

I hate anxiety. It seriously needs to go away. 

Some of you wanted to see my prom dress, so on Saturday I'll post picture of me on Instagram in my dress. My instagram is MyHeartsMistake :)

IMPORTANT NEWS. IF YOU MADE IT HERE, CONGRATULATIONS. YOU GET TO KNOW ABOUT SOMETHING EXCITING.

I've been writing a short story... It's going to be a spin-off of Take Me As I Am. I'd really like to share a bit of Trinity and Zayn's story. It's going to be called Invisible Love and I'll probably post it when this story is closer to being finished. So make sure you look out for it!

Also, The Lyric Project's prologue is posted! Check out my page, I think you guys will like it :)

Lots and lots of love!

~ Dedication to a commenter (Not if you ask for it, though!) ~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

302K 6.6K 25
Hi... my name's Ana. Uh... Let's get right into it. I'm from a larger than usual town in England. I, personally, was just minding my own business, an...
1.9K 52 25
When Valentina Rose and Christina Diaz hear that One Direction are going to their school, they dont take it that well... in fact the hate them. what...
1K 80 25
All the guys in One Direction want what no one else does, Faith. The girl of their dreams. One day they decide to make a game out of who will get Fai...
11.7K 196 25
Prologue: Sam Henderson. A girl living in the town, Falling Skies. She's a popular girl in school and all of the boys want to date her. Sam had made...