The not so "Nerdy" nerd (NaLu...

By Pupkey

Natsu Dragneel is the smartest student in Fairy Tail Academy and considered the top in all Fiore. He is known... More

IM SO EXITED!!!
Chapter 1: Introducing Natsu
Chapter 2: The meeting
Chapter 3: Interesting...
Chapter 4: The attack
Chapter 5: The mystery savior is... YOU!?
Chapter 6: Let's follow him
Chapter 7: Making friend's...and frenemies
Chapter 8: The competition
Chapter 10: The start of a beautiful friendship...kinda
Chapter 11: Getting used to it
Q&A: Ask Pupkey
Chapter 12: Remembering the past
Chapter 13: Our Past 1
Bad News
Chapter 14: Our past 2
Chapter 15: Thinking & Dreaming with pink
Chapter 16: A Basketball tryout? A group project?...and a Queen bee?
Chapter 17: Neighbors
Chapter 18: Hanging with my Frenemie
Chapter 19: Project's and sleepovers
Chapter 20: Admitting our feeling's
Chapter 21: [ You Name it ]
Chapter 22: Got my old dad back
Chapter 23: My...memories and... past?
Chapter 24
Chapter 25: Brothers conflict
Quick question
Chapter 26: Let's confess!
Not an update, but an awesome pic!
Chapter 27: Nakama's and the Black Wizards kidnap
Chapter 28: From friend to rival...at basketball that is
SORRY!!! T^T/ARIGATOU!!! :D
Chapter 29: Tigers vs Fairies
Chapter 30: The game continues
Chapter 31: Our hands, Our master
Chapter 32: From good to bad
100 Questions Tag
Read Facts About Me...or else :P
Another tag :D
Chapter 32: Bonus talk
Chapter 33: Best friends are supposed to look out for each-other right?
CELEBRATION!!!
Chapter 34: Mafias
Chapter 35: Luce
Been a while

Chapter 9: Natsu vs Gray

9.4K 324 309
By Pupkey

Yo Mina!!!

Noticed I've been updating a lot?

Well correct you are!

This story is really fun to write and you guys are enjoying it as well!

Its weird to write a love story when I don't like romance!

I'm more of an action person but I'm enjoying this so far!

Thanks for all the views and likes!

Here's the new chapter!

Enjoy!

All rights go to Hiro Mashima!!!
NOT me!!!

-----------------------------------------------

Lucy's POV~

"Gray is next!" I yell as the announcer said the top contestants are fighting next.

The announcer called Gray and he come out to the center wearing navy karate pants with a white and silver line at the bottom.

He looked at us and waved a bit. We started cheering loudly.

"GO!!! GRAY-SAMA!!!" Juvia yelled waving a flag with his face causing him to glare at her pissed. But I saw him blushing so...that progress.

Then they announced the other guy. Behind me I heard some girls giggle.

"I can't believed we're gonna see salamander fight!" A girl squealed.

"I know! He's so hot!" The other on squealed and they started jumping in their chair. 'Curiosity got the best of me so I had to ask.'

"Who's salamander?" I asked them which made them look at me in shock.

"He's an amazing fighter! He's never lost all the fights he's been too. He even beat an oponent with one hit. And most importantly..." The girl said looked at the other one who blushed.

"...HE'S SOOOO HANDSOME!!! KYAAAAAA~~" They squealed VERY loudly and me and my friend blocked our ears.(A/N: For some reason I don't like girls who act like these, but I had to add them)

"The guy sounds tuff. I like him already" Gajeel grinned waiting for him to be announced.

The guy then started announcing 'Salamander'.

"Natsu Dragneel!!!" The announcer yelled. 'Wait what!?'

I looked at the guy and it was Natsu! He was wearing black karate pants with red flames at the bottom and his scarf around his waist with some bandages wrapped on his arms and legs. 'He looked soo h- NO LUCY! DONT GO ALL FANGIRL ON ME!!' I mentally lectured my self as I looked at my friends. They where all shocked. Especially Gray and Gajeel.

"IM ALL FIRED UP!!!" he yelled causing the crowd to go wild.

"H-he's that S-Salamander guy!?!?" Yelled Gajeel still shocked. " A-and h-h-he's ripped!!!"

It's true Natsu had a lot of muscle. But not the ugly ones that are to big. (A/N: No offense to anyone who likes them like that)

"Did you know this Lu-chan?" Asked Levy and I shook my head.

"He's not a nerd?!" Asked Gajeel still processing what's happening. 'I think I saw smoke conning out of his head.'

"This will be interesting" said Erza watching clossley.

"It is quite intriguing" said Jellal watching the upcoming fight.

I was gonna say something when the bell ranged.

"First round. Hajime!" Yelled the announcer and Natsu and a still shocked Gray where walking around each other.

Gray's POV~

'I can't believe it... I'm fighting the school's most nerdy's guy!! And his top ranked like me. Is he even a nerd!? He's ripped!!' I couldn't stop thinking. He actually looked cool. Still don't like him. Nerds should stick to calculating in History class. (A/N: His not to smart)

Back to reality, I can not let him beat me.

'I bet the guys he's fought where weak.' I thought smirking.

"What cha smirking about, Ice princess" he asked me with a small smirk. 'Ice princess!?!'

"The heck you call me Hot head!" I yelled and sprinted at him to high kick him but he blocked it with the back of his right hand then punched me in the gut repeatedly sending me back.

'Dang he's good'

I recovered quickly and this time he went at me. He threw a fast punch aimd at my gut but I managed to grab it and punch him in the face.

He backed away and wiped some blood from his nose.

I jumped and kicked high to kick his head but he did the same. We then started throwing punch after punch blocking each others attacks. Then when I thought I had the upper hand he grabbed my wrist and kicked the back of my leg causing me to lose my balance and sadly the first round.

"Dang it" I cursed under my breath.

"First round goes to Salamander!" The announcer said and Flame brain had a small smik. 'I let my guard down. That's not gonna happen again'

"Second round, Hajime!"

I got in my position and waited for him to attack first which he did. He punched, I blocked. I punched, he blocked. I kicked high again and hit a bit of his jaw. Then I started punching fast but he kept dodging and going back a few steps. It looked like he was not as skilled as before. 'What is he planning?' I thought hiting him. Then I backed away.

He then jumped and kicked me in the head. But before the impact I grabbed his ankle and slammed him against the floor.

Natsu's POV~

Gray just slammed be into the floor, causing me the second round. That was not part of my plan.

1- Try to take the lead

2- Learn his skills and weaknesses

3- Fight with what you've learned

Those three rules are quite handy. But he is an excellent fighter.

He uses high kicks a lot but leaves his defense down when he does it. That's my ticket to win.

" Second round goes to Gray!" The announcer said.

I got up (A/N: How they jump and land on there feet and stuff) and got in position.

'I can win this'. I thought full of confidence.

"Last round which will decide who will win. Hajime!"

Lucy's POV~

There tied! I'm so nervous.

"Who do you think is gonna win?" Asked Mira and I shrugged.

"There both amazing fighters. This could be any bodys win" I said looking at the fight.

"GO GRAY-SAMA!!! GRAY-SAMA LOVE!!!" Yelled Juvia striking posses. We all sweat dropped. I looked back at the fight thinking.

In the second round I noticed Natsu not attacking much, but observing Gray and his movements. Thats a clever thing to do.

Natsu then started approaching Gray. Natsu threw a punch and Gray dodged. Then they started to fight like those martial arts movies. Really fast and swiftly. Then they sprinted away from each other.

"This is so intense!" Said Jellal almost yanking Erzas hair.

"J-Jellal, my hair" said Erza holding her hair. Jellal rubbed the back of his head with a bit of blush.

"G-Gome, Erza"

"There gonna go off" said Gajeel who had a red Levy in his arms from anxiousness.

"GaLe~!!! KYAAAAAA~~!!!!" squaled Mira.

I looked back at the fight and saw Gray launched at him with a high kick but Natsu dodged and kicked his legs causin him to fall and lose the match.

"No way...Gray has never lost that quick from what I've heard." said Levy shocked still in Gajeel's arms.

"Last round and victory goes to Natsu Dragneel!!!" The announcer yelled and the crowd went wild.

Natsu then grabbed the trophy and grinned, Gray still on the floor.

Natsu's POV~

'I won! That was a bit hard tho. That guy knows how to fight.' I thought walking over to an Ice cube on the floor with wide eyes. I crouched down and gave him my biggest grin.

"That was fun! Let's fight again sometime!" I said still grinning and stood up and reached out my hand. He took it and I pulled him up.

"You're a great fighter. But you leave you're defense when you high kick." I said and he grinned which confused me.

"You compleatly lose focus when you're scanning you're opponent. Guess we both have things to work on Ash for brains." He said smirking and I stood there shocked. 'I never noticed that'

"But youre a skilled fighter" he said offering a fist bump.

"Right back at you" I said fist bumping him.

Natsu & Gray's POV~

'Even if we're fist bumping, I still dont like him for some reason. Something about his face irritates me. Wonder why?'

Lucy's POV~

I was watching them fist bumping and they walked back to their rooms or something.

Before Natsu entered he looked to where we where and grinned.
'Wait, it looked like he was looking at me directly... No that's not possible!!! >////<'

Then I feel four dark auras to my side.

"Ooooohhh~, did Natsu just grinned at you or did my eyes deceived me?" Asked the she-devil smiking with her minions, Erza, Juvia and Levy behind. The boys where just scooting away scared.

"Yea Lu-chan~ He seems to have a liking to you" said Levy doing that stupid face I hate.

"Indeed. I think you like him to" said Erza whit a small smirk. I blushed a lot.

"I-i-i-iie!!! I-its n-not li-ke th-that!" I yelled and thought of something to get of the theme...Got it!" Let's go congratulate Gray for his effort and Natsu!" I said and there auras went down.

"Yes, Juvia will comfort Gray-sama with all of Juvia's love and affection" Juvia said with glee.

We got up and went to Grays room thing. We opened the door and where greatest by Gray's step mother and coach, Ur.

"You're Gray's friends huh? Come in." She said moving aside to let us enter.

We went inside and Gray was on a chair eating ice cream.

"Yo" he greeted whit a spoon. He was now wearing blue baggie pants and a grey shirt with his necklace and back shoes. His dad Silver and step sister where inside too. They waved and we waved back.

"Nice effort Gray. You almost had it" I said reassuringly.

"Yeah" the others said giving a thumbs up and he smiled.

"I would have deafeted him tho..." Mumbled Gajeel and Levy punched him in the arm.

"I think a mosquito bite me" he said looking everywhere playfully which angered Levy

*Thud*

"ITTE!!! Shrimp that hurt!" He said rubbing his head which Levy punchund hard.

"...baka" she mumbled with a red face.

"Gray-sama! Juvia is here if you need a shoulder to cry on!" Juvia said clinging on to him.

"Oi! Stop it! I'm fine, just a little pissed!" He yelled trying to push Juvia off. He gave up.

"Can't believed the guy is strong" said Gajeel. "Did you guys know? You didn't seem to surprised that he wasn't a nerd" he finished looking at us.

"Well...kinda" I said scratching the back of my head while the others laughed awkwardly. Even Jellal?!

"Jellal? You knew he wasn't nerdy?" Mira asked.

"Kinda. He went to the shop earlier with workout wear." He explained and she nodded.

'I thought he didn't want anybody knowing he wasn't a nerd? I'll ask him later.'

"Well let's go to see Natsu and congratulate him." I said and heard snickers behind me but ignored them.

We where waking to his room thing when I bumped into someone.

"Sumimasen" I said bowing.

"It OK. Lucy right?" I looked up and saw Natsu's brother...I think.

"Oh, you're Natsu's brother right?" I said a d he chuckled lightly.

"Something like that..." He said with a sad smile. 'Weird' (A/N: Hehehe X3 )

"Anyway, where is that stupid Pyro?" Asked Gray and the guy pointed to a door.

"Thank you sir" said Erza and we walked to the door.

I opened it and saw Natsu wearing a red shirt, cream pants and black sandals with his scarf.
He's back was facing us.

"Hey Zeref-nii can we go-" he turned around and looked at us. He smiled.

"Yo! What are you guys doing here?" He asked walking closer to us.

"We wanted to congratulate you for winning" I said and the rest except Gajeel who grunted and Gray who looked away with a tch.

"Arigatou!" He said smiling and I blushed.

"How about we go eat? There's a restaurant near here" Jellal said and we all nodded.

"Wanna join us?" I asked Natsu and he nodded.

"Sure! Let me just tell my master. Be right back!" He yelled running off.

"Let's get ready to leave then" said Erza.

"Hai!"

-----------------------------------------------

Sorry for the crappy chapter!

I bet you where expecting an a.axing fight but I can't narrate that good so...yeah!

But hey, again I say...yeah!

Remember to like and follow!

God bless!

Ja ne!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 82.5K 50
AU/OOC Natsu Dragneel is the well-known playboy of Fairy Tail High. But will his demeanor change when the new transfer with good intentions, Lucy Hea...
267K 9.5K 30
Lucy Heartfillia is a young and beautiful girl. She is an elite general of the capital army of Magnolia. She has a caring father, friends, and is ve...
169K 5K 55
Fairy Tail Fanfic Fairy Tail Academy is a private academy where werewolves of different packs go to school. Lucy Heartfilia and her friends, Levy McG...
151K 3.6K 34
Natsu Dragneel is the schools bad boy at Fairy Tail High. He's battle scarred from fights and follows his own rules. He rides a motorcycle and wears...