HE IS IN LOVE with his ex

By JanakiS01

What if you are married to a man who is still in love with his ex girlfriend and doesn't want you in his life... More

Prologue
CHAPTER 1 - Pissing him off
CHAPTER 2 - Newly Married
CHAPTER 3 - A New Beginning
CHAPTER 4 - A Good Wife
CHAPTER 5 - Honeymoon?
CHAPTER 6 - Stranded (I)
CHAPTER 7 - Stranded (II)
CHAPTER 8 - Not wanted
CHAPTER 9 - A Forgotten Birthday
CHAPTER 10 - The Departed
CHAPTER 11 - Search Mission
CHAPTER 12 - Apologizing
CHAPTER 13 - The Unexpected
CHAPTER 14 - Standing up for her
CHAPTER 15 - Hemanth
CHAPTER 16 - Love is tough
CHAPTER 17 - He can be happy
CHAPTER 18 - Cars have walls
CHAPTER 19 - Not for him
CHAPTER 20 - A Secret
CHAPTER 21 - Realizations
CHAPTER 22 - Disappointment
CHAPTER 24 - Mistakes
CHAPTER 25 - New Story
CHAPTER 26 - Go Goa... Gone
CHAPTER 27 - The Challenge
CHAPTER 28 - The Beach
CHAPTER 29 - Journey II home
CHAPTER 30 - First Love
CHAPTER 31 - Goodbye
CHAPTER 32 - A double C
CHAPTER 33 - The Aftermath
CHAPTER 34 - Life is beautiful
CHAPTER 35 - A quiet Sunday
CHAPTER 36 - Revelations
CHAPTER 37 - Snow World
CHAPTER 38 - The Best of Me
CHAPTER 39 - Fake arguments
CHAPTER 40 - Romances and Humiliations
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Epilogue
A FAVOUR
JUST...

CHAPTER 23 - A MESS

72.6K 3.1K 302
By JanakiS01

A BIG kiss to every person who voted and commented for the last chapter.  Here's the update that I promised..

---

At home, Sindhu felt really bad for saying all those things to Karthik's team. He may have pissed her off but that's not the right thing to do; though almost everything she said was true. The last thought brought a smile on her face.

She took money from his cupboard which he gave her for household expenses and went to market. She picked fresh vegetables and fruits before going back home.

At 5 PM when Karthik returned from office, she sliced fruits for both him and Tulasi.

She placed a plate of grapes and apple on the teepoy before Tulasi and another one with Papaya slices on it, a little away from hers.

"Don't eat papaya. I heard its not good for pregnant ladies" she reminded Tulasi who nodded with a smile while watching TV.

Sindhu didn't know if it's really true or a myth about Papaya but she decided not to go against it. She only bought it since Karthik's a big fan of it.

She then went to her room to apologize to Karthik; she just hoped he is not in a bad mood.

She cleared her throat to gain his attention "Are you not coming out?"

He looked at her seriously making her gulp in fear "Um. Shall I bring your fruit salad here then?"

He walked out of the bed and faced her "Not necessary"

She didn't miss the way he mimicked her; exactly the same way she said a few hours back.

"You will come to hall then?" Just say sorry, you idiot. Say it.

"Where is it?" he asked, walking out few steps when he saw Tulasi take a slice of papaya from a plate. It suddenly triggered his mind that she shouldn't eat it as he shouted "NO"

Tulasi quickly jerked away, clutching her heart "What the hell Karthik?"

"Don't you know you are not supposed to eat that?" he shouted at her before turning to Sindhu "Why the hell did you give her that?"

Before Sindhu could answer, he continued in a louder tone "Don't you know it's not safe for the baby?"

"What are you thinking Sindhu? I know you are not in your right mind today but doing this?" He stared at her disbelievingly "Do you want her to suffer from a miscarriage or what?"

Sindhu felt hurt at his accusations and left to her room, locking the door. How can he accuse her of trying to kill an innocent baby?

When Karthik stared at Sindhu's reaction in shock, Tulasi said angrily "Why did you do that?"

"You know what she--"

"It was my mistake. She informed me not to eat but I was so lost in the movie that I didn't know what I was doing"

"Why did she put it here when---"

"She must have kept that for you as you like it. I can't believe you just said that to her. How can you?"

"I am so sorry" he said guiltily.

"Yeah, try telling that to her" she said furiously before adding "I'd be surprised if she forgave you this time"

He headed to his room and slowly knocked the door. It was opened a few seconds later and Sindhu was about to walk away when he pulled her in "I need to talk to you"

"I don't think there's anything left to talk" she muttered coldly.

"Please let me--"

"I don't want to hear what you say" She murmured bitterly meeting his eyes "You have accused me of lot of things before. But, this is the worst of all"

Having said that, she removed his hand and walked away from the room.

Karthik remained still, remembering how painful she looked. He really wished he knew how to apologize her this time.

He was angry at what happened in the morning and took it out on her now. Anger is such a bad feeling that makes situation worse; if only he kept it under control in the morning. Adding to that, she didn't sit beside him in the car making him furious.

When he went back to the living, he saw Sindhu working in the kitchen, chopping vegetables. He switched on TV and put Star Sports where India Vs Bangladesh cricket match re telecast was aired. Though his eyes were on TV, his mind was on his wife who was very upset at him.

He was snapped out of his thoughts when he heard 'Ouch' from kitchen. He quickly ran towards her "What happened?"

Sindhu hid her hand behind her and said dully "Nothing"

Karthik knew she was lying but didn't know what to do about it. He asked her if everything was ok to which he got a dull reply 'fine'.

He left the room slowly and returned to his position when he saw Sindhu walk to their room. Five minutes later, she emerged from it with a bandage on her left hand finger. He realized that she cut it while chopping and felt sad and guilty again.

After dinner, he retired to his room and waited for her to arrive. When she didn't come for a long time, he went to the living to check up on her and found her sleeping on the couch with the TV still on with some romance movie in it.

He carried her to bed before going back to the living to switch off the TV and the lights. He tossed himself onto the bed, scooted close to her and took her hand into his. He kissed her injured finger and held her hand before drifting off to sleep.

****

Sindhu tried to stay as far as possible from her husband; she was hurt that Karthik could think of her to be capable of killing a baby. He might still love Tulasi and her health might be his prime importance but accusing her of a homicide is not acceptable. Is that what he learnt about her after more than five months of their marriage?

Though Sindhu would serve him food and pack lunch, she never dared to look at him. Even Tulasi seemed to be giving cold treatment to him. It killed her seeing him dull but it's nothing to what she felt after hearing his words.

One evening when Karthik is early from his office, the three of them gathered to watch a film that's aired on TV with Tulasi sitting between the two of them.

"I want to eat Chicken" Tulasi announced while watching a scene in the film where the lead actress is shown fond of Chicken.

"Now?" Sindhu asked surprised by her sudden craving. Of course, she heard about pregnancy cravings but they live in the outskirts with no KFC or Pizza Hut and she didn't know how to cook non-veg.

Tulasi nodded with a pout.

"We have to go out then" Sindhu said with a frown.

"We are not going anywhere" Karthik declared before turning to Tulasi "It's not good to eat food from outside. I will cook for you tomorrow since it's already late today"

Sindhu's heart sank hearing his words. He is going to cook for Tulasi when he never did that for her. No doubt he is still in love with Tulasi.

She remembered what he told her, a few weeks ago 'Why'd you think I'd cook for you?' and felt extremely sad. She has to cook only for herself tomorrow then.

When Tulasi nodded happily, Karthik turned his attention back to TV. Sindhu loves non-veg too and he realized it to be the best way to say sorry to her. Next time may be, he can take her to Paradise.

When Karthik came home the next day, he was excited to cook after a long time. His mother taught him how to cook when he was in college saying it will help his wife in the future. Though he was irritated in the beginning, he slowly began to enjoy it.

Even if it takes a lot of time to prepare biryani, he opted for it as Sindhu loves it and of course Tulasi too.

Seeing Karthik in excitement brought a sad smile on Sindhu's face; he was really enjoying cooking for Tulasi. Though her heart clenched, she loved seeing him in good spirits.

When it was nearing eight, she had dinner, alone at the dining table since Karthik was busy in the kitchen and Tulasi was in her room. She was about to get up from the dining table when her mobile rang. She quickly washed her hands and took the call.

"Hi drama queen" Hearing Hemanth's cheery voice lifted her mood instantly.

She sighed with a smile "So, you finally decided to call me?"

He chuckled "Yeah. I thought I should bring an end to your suffering"

Hearing him tease her made her chuckle "So, how are you?"

"Everything's good. I am surrounded by beautiful American women here"

"Oh, really? How lucky they must be?" she said sarcastically.

"That they are" he replied arrogantly.

"Ha Ha. Shut up now. Else, they will give you what you deserve"

"Which is?" he prompted.

"A kick in the----"

"Ok Ok.. Stop there. I really don't want to know"

"Good. Behave like a gentleman" she advised.

"I always do. You know that" he replied in a childish tone.

"Yeah yeah. You do" she agreed.

Truth is, he does. Any woman is lucky to have him as her husband as he is a true gentleman.

As they continued talking, Sindhu lost track of time talking about his education, his roommates and life at US. It wasn't until Karthik came to balcony, she realized it's getting late.

Karthik was wounded seeing the smile on her face turn to a frown seeing him. It must be Hemanth she was talking to since she looked very happy. At times like this, he feels he is not good enough for her; after all, he can't compete with a person like Hemanth.

"Yeah, what?" Sindhu asked in an impassive tone, closing the microphone of her mobile so that Hemanth can't hear them.

"Let's have dinner" he muttered, observing the phone in her hand.

Sindhu's mouth dried. He was expecting her to join them? But, she thought---

"What happened?" he asked calmly, seeing her eyes widen.

"I already had dinner" she said slowly.

He frowned "What? When?"

"Just a few minutes back" she mumbled, feeling stupid.

"Why? I mean I told that---"

"I didn't know you were cooking for me" she replied guiltily.

"Why would you think that?" Remember you didn't tell her that you will cook for her.

"Um... I--- um" she stuttered, words failing her.

"What is it? Why did you think I won't cook for you?" He asked, looking at her incredulously.

"Because.. you said.. um.. you won't... um"

For a minute, Karthik was clueless about what she was saying. In a flash, he remembered what he told her long back. But, he didn't mean it that way.

"So.. You won't have?" he finally asked, feeling upset.

She shook her head making him leave her. She felt guilty seeing him like that. Truth is she didn't know he would cook for her. It was her mistake; she should have asked him about it.

Remember you were not talking to him, her mind retorted.

Karthik felt disappointed with the way his relationship with Sindhu was turning out. Instead of progressing, they are having fights and misunderstandings and he wished he knew what to do about it.

He loved her. Simple.

He wanted to spend every waking minute of his life with her. He wanted to see her smile and be happy. He wanted them to have a fresh start. But, he didn't know how.

When Sindhu entered the living half an hour later, she found Karthik and Tulasi keenly watching a movie with their empty plates on the teepoy. Seeing the two of them like a couple saddened her; they looked so good together.

She quietly took their plates and dumped them in the kitchen sink.

Ever since Tulasi arrived, Karthik was in good spirits. She saw him happy and she wanted him to stay like that, forever. But for that to happen, she has to leave his life so that he can have a fresh beginning with Tulasi.

Is that even possible? Can she do that?

Is she capable of doing what Hemanth did for her? The way he left her, for her happiness, can she leave Karthik for his happiness?

He deserved everything. He is a very good man. It's her mistake bringing him into this hell knowing he loved Tulasi. Now, it's her duty to correct it. 

---

Thank you so much for reading. I felt like I was writing a daily soap script with the amount of drama in this chap. :p :p

I know you want them to unite. And it is going to happen soon.. Though they had a fight in this chap, there are small things that show how much they love each other.. I hope you noticed that.

I am truly amazed by the no. of votes to the previous chap. Thank you so much for that. Keep them going and I will update again tomm..

Please Vote, Comment and Share

- JANAKI S

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

368K 19.1K 81
#65 in onesidedd - 9/9/2018 #637 in chicklit - 30/5/2018 #595 in chicklit - 4/6/2018 #24 in onesidedlove - 17/6/2018 #448 in chicklit - 17/6/2018 ...
78.4K 8.6K 36
Sometimes two people who are poles apart come together.. but can they also sustain together? As we say "I love you" is just the starting.. what follo...
385K 16.3K 71
Shruti, a fun-loving girl, always dreamed of a Prince Charming on a white horse and a happily ever after. Atharva is a no-nonsense businessman, who...
151K 6.8K 53
He already seemed to like her. She seemed different. Her soft eyes, warm smile, hearty laugh, rosy cheeks, he liked it all. .... Kabir couldn't tear...