Relationship With My Best Fri...

By KearaBoo

(Book #4 of the Best friend's series) ______________________________ "Jackson, I can't do this to Nikki," I b... More

Family Tree
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35/Epilogue
Bonus Chapter #1
Bonus Chapter #2

Chapter 1.

95K 1.1K 633
By KearaBoo

"Brittni!" I hear my mom yell from downstairs. I groan and cover my head with my blankets. "Now!"

"Oh for the love of god!" I shout, throwing the sheets off of me. I stalk off to the bathroom, walking through the hallway, my feet dragging against the carpet.

"Brittni!"

"I'm up!" I shout back. God, is she annoying or what?

I take a quick shower and change into a floral, sun dress that goes to mid thigh and flares out. It has spaghetti straps and a sweetheart neckline, so I throw on light pink cardigan that matches with the pink, red, and blue flowers on the dress.

First day of school, gotta look nice, am I right?

"Brittni, Nathan's here to pick you up," my mom tells me once I get to the bottom of the stairs. "You look pretty today."

"Thanks, mom, see you later." I kiss her on the cheek and head to the door.

"Have a good first day of school!" My mom calls after me. I wave her off and walk through the door to Nathan's Chevy S10 pickup.

"Hey," he greets, giving me a quick peck on the lips as I sit in the passenger seat.

Nathan and I met during the summer, June tenth to be exact, and he's a really nice guy. He treats me better than any of my boyfriends have ever treated me and that's a huge plus.

Nathan is a year older than me, a junior, while I'm a sophomore. I'll be turning sixteen in November, though. So, technically, were only like three months apart.

The car ride is silent the rest of the way, the only thing that happens is Nathan putting his hand on my thigh.

Pulling into the school, I internally groan at having to go back to the hell hole. The worst part is that I'm still here for another three years, including this one.

"Come on, Brit, just watch, the school year will be over before you know it," Nathan assures me, squeezing my thigh before getting out of the car. Taking a deep breath I follow suit and walk up next to him.

"I hope your right," I mumble, he chuckles and swings his arm over my shoulders. We walk to a tree and stand under it, waiting for Nikki and Jackson to arrive.

Nikki has been my best friend since I can remember. She's always been there, every time I would get in a break up, or get sick, she was always there. I don't know what I would do without her.

Nikki has light brown hair and big brown eyes, she's very slender and has freckles that cover her cheekbones and nose. She's a very pretty girl, she could get any guy she wants. The thing is, her older brother, Jackson, is very protective of her. He's practically been her dad since her parents are never around.

Anyways, Jackson doesn't let her date, so when she does it has to be kept on the down low and made sure that no one will tell him.

Soon enough, I watch as Jackson's truck pulls into the school parking lot.

I watch him get out, looking like a Greek God in himself, his brown hair blows in the wind, and his shirt pulls against his muscles.

He's hot, I'll give him that, but he's also an extreme player, that's something I can't stand. I'm lucky to have Nathan, he'd never cheat on me.

"Hey girlie," I greet her when she walks up to me. I notice that Jackson is glaring daggers at some guy and as if he senses my eyes on him, his gaze catches mine. We stare at each other for a second before I look away.

"Hey," she says back. "Hi Nathan."

"Hey," he smiles at her, that genuine smile that he gives everyone. God, he's so cute.

"Ready for tryouts?" I ask. We started tryouts two days ago, so luckily we only have today left.

"Yes," she says. The bell rings a moment later and we bid our good byes before parting our separate ways, Nathan walking alongside me.

"I guess I'll see you at lunch?" Nathan suggest.

"Yeah, of course," I smile up at him. I make the first move to kiss him goodbye, standing on my tiptoes and pressing my lips to his for a quick peck.

When pulling away, I see Jackson staring at me as he passes by. His arm is around one of the...slutty girls of the school and It looks like she's trying to tell him something, but his gaze doesn't falter from mine.

I turn away and smile sweetly at Nathan before walking into Literature.

Literature of course goes by quickly, me completely absorbed in what Mrs. Checkerson was saying.

Next I have Health class which can be for any grade even though they encourage you to take it sophomore year. Even then, juniors and seniors wait until the last minute to take the one semester class.

I walk straight there, not seeing Nikki on the way unfortunately, and with the warning bell still not having rang yet, I sit down at a seat.

I end up just playing on my phone until the bell rings and that's when I notice all the people in my class.

A few girls from the cheer squad, some guys that I'm friends with, and...Jackson Long. Dear lord.

"Hello, everyone, I am Mrs. Lamb if you have not noticed. Before we get started, I will place the seating chart up on the overhead so you can find your seats," the health teacher explains and I look at where I sit.

It's in alphabetical order so I'm in the second row of desks and in the back.

Plopping down in the seat while I watch the rest of the class find their seats, I wait for class to start.

"Hey, best friend," a deep voice greets beside me. I know that voice from anywhere.

It's none other than Nikki's brother who can't seem to leave me alone.

Of course we would be sitting next to each other, I'm a J and he's an L. It's coincidental.

"I really don't need to be distracted on the first day of school," I turn to look at him blankly. He's smirking, that awful smirk that could make any girl drop her panties, but not me.

"I distract you?" He asks smugly. The ass.

"Yes, with your annoying face," I spit, flipping my blonde hair over my shoulder.

"Feisty, I like it," Jackson growls seductively. Well, that's nice to know.

"Isn't it like a crime to flirt with your little sisters best friend?" I ask, smirking slightly.

"Nah, I'm not flirting. Just playing around with you, plus even if I was, I doubt you'd deny it to Nikki," he states confidently making me want to punch that look off his face.

"Oh I'd deny it, because I'm not flirting back."

Jackson and I don't really have the best relationship, we always act nice around each other when Nikki is with us, but whenever we're alone, we're at each other's throats.

"You will be. In fact, I bet that you'll be laying beneath me in a week," he nods.

"Now that's just egotistical," I snap.

He laughs loudly and I can't help, but admire the way his eyes scrunch up. He's always a lot less hard to look at when he's genuinely smiling or laughing.

"So, I heard your dating that Junior. Nick, Ned, Nathan! That's it, Nathan Tame," he snaps his fingers, seemingly proud of himself for coming up with something so obvious.

"Yeah, what about it?"

"You don't think, he's using you or anything?" Jackson asks, trying to hold back a laugh.

"Fuck you," I spit and turn to face the front, ignoring him.

"Brittni. Brit. I'm sorry, you're really going to be like that?" He groans. "Fine."

The rest of the class is silent between the two of us. He can be so damn rude when he really wants to be.

Nathan is nothing like he is, he would never use me, ever.

Besides, what's there to use? I won't lie and say I'm a Virgin, because I've had sex once, wanting to get it over with.

It was in July this last summer and I can't say I regret it, now I won't have to worry about people using me when I'm not pure.

•••

The end of the day rolls around and I change into a pair of Soffee shorts and t-shirt before heading out to the field to do try outs.

"Hey Brittni!" Colten Mathews, Jackson's best friend and Nikki's personal hell maker, waves.

"Hi?" I say unsure and he smiles, walking up to me with Jackson right behind him. I didn't even know he was there.

"How are you doing?" He asks.

"Good," I say and try to walk around him, but he blocks my path.

"Why such the rush?" Jackson smirks.

"Oh would you two shut your pie holes! I have to get to tryouts so move," I shove past them and ignore their snickers as I make my way to the door.

"I guess I should probably tell you that your thong is showing through your shorts," Jackson informs me and my face heats up.

Not wanting to show how bad he's effected me, I turn  around and hold up both my middle fingers.

"Hope you enjoyed the view," I roll my eyes and open the door that leads to the field.

"Oh I did," I hear him say as the door closes behind me.

I shake my head and let the humid air warm my skin. The sun is shining and feels wonderful on my cold skin.

I spot Nikki walking towards the field and hurry to meet her half way.

"How was your day?" I ask her when I catch up.

She looks a little troubled at first before leaving a blank look on her face.

"Well," I don't like how she's says that. "Guess who was in my science class?"

Oo it's probably some hot guy!

I tap my finger on my chin for affect.

"I don't know. Who?" I giggle. Her face shows worry and I begin to panic.

"Um...Adam." Did I just hear her correctly? Is she talking about Adam Donaldson? There's no way.

Adam was Nikki's boyfriend during the summer. They began dating the same time as Nathan and I. We all met at the beach and everything kind of just fell into place.

Basically, Adam and Nikki had sex, she lost her virginity, and then he left her a week later. She was devastated. I was there to bring her back to her feet and now he comes back. I already know what his intentions are, to bed her again, but I won't let that happen.

She can't even look at me. She's just twiddling with her fingers.

"Look at me," I demand. I need to let her know that his intentions aren't safe. "What happened?"

"He tried to apologize," she tells me, still not looking at me.

I turn from angry to furious in a matter of seconds. How dare he leave her after what happened, and expect her to forgive him? I'm about to go all ham on him right now.

"Did you forgive him?" I cross my arms over my chest, expecting an answer.

"No, of course not," she says acting offended.

Okay, now I'm lost. If she didn't forgive him, then what's the big deal?

"I said he could come over to talk about it." Thats when I blow up.

"What?" I yell, furious that she fell right into his trap. "Your letting him come over? After what he did to you, you're considering giving him another chance? I can't believe you!"

God, I can't believe she would do that! I'm more angry at him for manipulating her into doing it. It's all his fault!

"Girls get over here!" The coach yells. Nikki takes one last look at me before running off towards the team. I guess you could say she got saved by the bell.

Coach tells us to stretch and that's what we do. I stretch out my right and left splits, then my middles. I practice my back bends and back walkovers, handsprings and tucks. I haven't lost anything over the summer.

All the girls stare at the football players while stretching, and even though I know I shouldn't, I do anyways.

Jackson stands across from Colten passing the ball back and forth, his hair matted with sweat and face red from heat.

He's a good looking specimen, but I shouldn't be thinking this way, this is Nikki's brother I'm talking about. My best friend.

That's your best friends brother, Brittni stop thinking about him.

_____________
Okay so I published this book because you guy have been asking about it.

This will probably be the only chapter this month because I have so many other books I need to finish and I'm doing this for you :)

What do you think about Brittni and Jackson's relationship? How long will it take for them to get together?

Don't be a silent reader!!!

Enjoy. Love you <3

Like and comment :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

87.3K 1.7K 20
Josh and Katie have been best friends since he first moved nextdoor midway through freshman year. They were attached to the hip and acted like they'v...
158K 3.9K 33
{rewritten version of Possessive Hearts} "Where do you think you're going?" He spoke. His big strong hands pinning me against the wall. The scent of...
271K 6.7K 23
"Hey," I said cautiously, scared to make the first move. Thankfully, I didn't have to make it. Luca stepped forward and took me by the waist, pulling...
10K 371 31
First book in the Hybrid mate series...... His name Joshsan Morgan... Future Alpha of the blood scent pack... He loves running.. And being around peo...