Serendipity Next Door (SND Se...

By x_LavenderHoney_x

The apartment next door to Brooke Walters' was empty for the last 4 years since she moved in. She would stand... More

Summary
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
New Series: Serendipity Next Door
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Epilogue

Chapter 9

6.4K 250 68
By x_LavenderHoney_x

Chapter 9

Remember when we were having lunch together at a fancy restaurant, and I told you I've been lied to a lot?" Kevin asks me.

I nod my head. Of course I remember. That was when I thought we were getting along, but I was mistaken. That was also when I realized Kevin was filled with mysteries

"Well it is true that I have been lied to. When I was 17 I had found out that my mom wasn't my mom. Coming to find out I was a love child." He breathes out.

He's staring out into the lake. I can tell that he has more to say so I don't say anything. Kevin takes a deep breath and averts his eyes away from the lake. Instead he moves them to me. 

"When I found out, I felt betrayed. For seventeen years of my life, I thought that Karen was my mom. I wrong, though." he murmurs.

I lean my head against his shoulder. He feels tense. I give his arm a comforting squeeze. I want him to know that I'm not going to judge. He starts to relax and smiles at me. 

"After that my dad started telling me all about my real mom. Who's name was Melissa Campbell. He was saying that she was a rich and a model. I demanded to see her and when I did, all that stuff my dad told me about her was bullshit. She wasn't a model and she wasn't rich. Instead she was stripper and lived in a run down apartment. She was stripper that lived on the bad side of New York and had sex with men for money."

Kevin turns his eyes back to the lake and just stares at it for awhile. He doesn't even blink. He just stares. After taking a moment he continues talking.  

"I asked her how she met my father. She told me that he had came to the strip club that she worked at and he wanted a private show with her. So she gave him what he wanted. Then a month later after their hook up, she realized her period was late. She went to the convenience store and bought a pregnancy test. She took it and the test came positive. When my dad came back to the club she told him. He freaked out because the sick bastard was married. He decided to take care of her by taking her to ultrasounds. When I was five, my dad took me away from her and raised me with Karen."

Kevin closes his eyes. I just sit there and let all those words sit in. No wonder he's so cold-hearted. He's been lied about his mother twice by his own father. Maybe that's why when he was talking about his father he looked angry. 

I suddenly feel bad for him. I was being bitchy towards him without knowing what's been bothering him. This man isn't heartless. He just locked it up because he's afraid of getting lied to again. 

Kevin pokes me on the cheek. I shake out of my thoughts and looks at him. He has a small smirk on his face.

"Don't look like that. You're making me not want to tell you the rest." he pokes my cheek again. 

"Are you sure you're ready to tell me more?" I whisper. 

He doesn't reply. It's just silence around us. It seems like he's thinking about telling me the rest. He then nods his head. 

"Yeah I'm ready to tell you the rest." 

I give him a reassuring smile. That seems to give him a boost of confidence because he doesn't take long to talk. 

"After talking with Melissa, I walked back home. I hated everything at that moment. I hated my dad, I hated Melissa, and I....hated myself." He balls his hands into fists on his lap. He takes his third deep breath of the night and continues.  

"When I came home I yelled at my dad for lying to me. I was so pissed that I didn't care that I was the kid and he was the adult. Luckily Karen was there because she calmed me down. Once I was calm she started explaining things. She told me that she was upset with my dad for getting another woman pregnant. Until he brought me home. She said she forgot about being angry with him. Instead her mind was filled with taking care of me like I was her own child. At first I thought she was bluffing, but she had this sincere look in her eyes. That was when I started remembering her smiling at me and doing all these wonderful things for me when I first came. I had felt safe and calm when I was around her." 

Kevin's eyes has that sparkle that he gets when he talks about Karen. He loves her so much because she took care of him like he was her very own son. 

"Have you seen your real mom since?" I ask.

Kevin shakes his head. He reaches into his coat pocket and pulls out a pack of cigarettes, and a lighter. He takes a cigarette out and lights it up. I watch as he starts smoking. 

He notices that I'm looking and holds the cigarette out to me. "Wanna try?" He asks. He waves it in front of my face while wiggling his eyebrows. 

I can't help but laugh. This cold-hearted man has a funny side. I enjoy it. This is a rare side of Kevin. Since he's so cold and doesn't show his emotions often.

"No. Like I said the first time you asked, cigarettes are bad." I say.

Kevin grins at me and continues smoking. We sit there watching the lake sparkle from the fairy lights above it. The sight is stunning. I wish I brought my camera so I can take pictures of it. It is a rare sight to see a beautiful setting like this. 

Suddenly Kevin's phone buzzes. He reaches inside of his pocket and pulls it out. I watch him as he looks at the screen. His eyes narrow and he twists his mouth in an angry look. He answers the phone and squishes the cigarette to the ground. 

"What do you want?" he asks in a cold voice. The once soft look on his face turns into a hard, cold one. 

I can hear the person on the other end yelling. Whoever it is they sound really mad at Kevin. I wonder what he did. 

"I told you already that I won't coming. You should listen to me sometimes." Kevin snaps and hangs up the phone.

"Who was that?" I asked. 

Kevin sighs and rests his hand against my cheek. He gives it a stroke. I hum at the soft feeling. 

"It was my father. He's throwing a party for one of his clients, and he asked me to come. I told him no when he asked me but he wasn't listening. That's nothing new." Kevin rolls his eyes as he explains to me. 

"You should have went." I protest. I understand that he's upset at his father, but he needs to at least try to support him. 

"If I went I wouldn't have been able to talk to you. And do this." He leans down and attaches his lips to mine. 

We move in sync in a slow kiss. I sigh and wrap my arms around his neck. His hand is still on my cheek, rubbing it. His body is bringing me warmth.

Kevin pulls away and picks me up. I squeal in surprise. What is he doing?! None of my exes have done this to me. So this is kind of new for me. 

"Wrap your legs around me." He whispers in my ear. 

I listen to him and wrap my legs around his waist. Kevin gives my ear a small peck. I can't help but blush. Okay, now he's being too adorable. Which is also rare for someone like Kevin. I like it, though. 

He starts twirling me around and bending me down all over the place. I giggle into his neck as I hold on tight. Through my giggles I can hear Kevin making noises and laughing. 

Kevin sets me back down on the ground. I almost fall over from my dizziness. Kevin catches me and wraps his arms around my waist. I wrap my arms around his neck and grin up at him. I can't help but stare into his eyes. They look lighter than before and they are glowing with happiness. 

"You know what? Maybe you're not a weirdo like I thought you were when I first moved in. You're cool." Kevin says.

I pout my lips out at him. I can't believe he thought I was a weirdo. Actually I can believe it. This is Kevin we're talking about. He would call any stranger a weirdo, because it's him. 

Kevin leans down and attaches his lips to mine again. Happiness spreads through me as we kiss under the moonlight. 

~

The sound of my alarm and someone kissing my neck wakes me. I slowly open my eyes and turn over. There in front of me are brown eyes. Brown eyes that I have an obsession with.

"Finally you're up." Kevin grins at me.

"I would've woken up earlier, but someone kept me up late last night."

"Come on, you enjoyed it." Kevin gives me wink. I roll my eyes and sit up.

When we came back from the park Kevin asked me to watch all the seasons of Friends. He looked so excited that his eyes were sparkling that I had to say yes. We stayed up until 4 in the morning at season 5, episode 6.

"Don't get me wrong. I did enjoy it. Matter of fact I loved it." I correct him.

Kevin laughs and gives my neck a kiss. Just at the small gesture I can't help but feel hot. I push his head away and get out of bed. Kevin has a pout on his face like a puppy. It makes me want to lay back down and cuddle with him for the rest of the day.

I stretch my arms over my head. The feeling of my bones loosening makes me sigh contentedly. I turn back around to face Kevin.

He has pushed the covers off of him, showing off a beautiful golden chest. I stare at it for a while. How is it possible for someone in New York to look so tan? It's impossible her because of the cloudy weather.

Someone clearing their throat throws me out of my trance. Kevin has a smirk on his face. I turn my face away in embarrassment. Caught again.

"I'm going to take a shower." I tell him.

I can feel his eyes on me as I walk around to get my towel and clothes. It feels weird to know that someone is watching your every move. It makes me feel a little nervous.

"Alright. I'm going to go to my apartment and take a shower there. Meet me in my apartment when you're ready. I wanna take you somewhere today." Kevin says.

I watch him as he walks towards me and presses a soft kiss on my lips. I hum in protest when he pulls away. He gives me a grin. A grin that makes me feel a little weak in the knees.

"Laters babe." He whispers in my ear, and then walks out.

I blink at where Kevin was standing a few seconds ago. I can feel the ghost of his breath on my ear. What the hell just happened.

It takes me a while to get myself together so I can get in the shower.

~

A/N: Sorry for the lame ending :P. I was kind of in a rush. But no worries, I'm going to revise this when the book is finished. Which is going to take a while on the speed I'm on. But hope u enjoy and see u soon ♥

-Lisa ♥

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.6K 1.8K 30
"Tsk. You really need to learn how to fight, Osamu." The ginger grumble while eyeing his friend who was carefully bandaging his left eye after receiv...
157K 6.8K 200
This story follows the early life of James also known by his street name Headshot or Shooter. James had an extremely rough childhood, one that turned...
184K 5.8K 32
I was moving to LA since my mom got a job promotion. New school, new friends, what could go wrong?
43K 927 31
Not your average girl*wink* Not you average boy *wink wink* Note-if u have problems comment I'm sure we can fix them