New Beginning

By FallenCause

WARNING- READ THE FIRST BOOK 'Divergent High' BEFORE THIS! Beatrice Prior has moved on from a past of lies to... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19

Chapter 14

1.4K 65 101
By FallenCause

"Tris....you're pregnant." Christina whispers staring at the five positive pregnancy tests.

"No.. oh my..." I start to tear up and Christina wraps her arms around my shoulders.

"Hey, it's going to be fine." She assures and I cry on her shoulder.

"Tris? Are you alright?" Dales voice is laced with concern as he knocks on the door that Christina had shut.

"Uh.. Yeah! I'll be right o-out." I call back pathetically.

"Come on let's get you cleaned up." Christina says wiping some tears off my cheek and I oblige. I wrap the tests in toilet paper and stuff them deep into the trash can.

"Your going to tell Dale right?" She asks with raised eyebrows.

"Yeah, of course." I lie. Maybe it's best if he doesn't know right now.

"Tris. Your lying. You need to tell him, today."

"What if he leaves me? What if he leaves us?" I motion towards my stomach where a child is now growing.

"Listen, do you really believe he doesn't love you enough to leave you?" Christina exclaims while patting down some of my stray hairs.

"He does love us. I'm just.. Worried." I admit nervously and she sighs.

"Tris. Trust me, go tell him and everything will work out. Okay? Now go." She demands urging me out the door.

Checking the bedroom, I walk down the hall to find Dale. I hear him laughing in the kitchen and my hands start to get sweaty.

It's now or never.

"Dale." I call out his name as I peek in the kitchen and his head snaps towards me along with Josie's, who was sitting eating a ham sandwich.

"Yes?"

"Can I talk to you?" He obliged by following me outside to the backyard.

"Everything ok?" Dale instantly asks as I shut the back door.

"Yea- well I don't know. Dale, I-I'm p-pregnant." I whisper the last part quickly and I feel tears starting to form again.

"Pregnant? Tris, why are you crying? This is great!" He exclaims wrapping me tightly in his embrace.

"You don't have to pretend, I understand. I can always get an abortion or something. I mean there is poss-" My rant is cut off by Dales gentle lips covering mine.

"You will not get an abortion, that is horrible to think about. I am so damn happy you are pregnant, even though the child isn't mine, I will definitely love him/her as my own." I start to cry at his words and he hugs me tighter.

"So you won't leave us?" I croak and he freezes.

"Leave you? Tris, do you honestly believe I would fricken leave you? I would never leave you! I love you so much it hurts." He assures and I sigh in relief, wiping some fallen tears from my cheek.

"I love you too. But, what will I do about Tobias?" I ask concerned while looking up at Dales face.

"Well, if it were me, I would want to know. So I suggest you let him know you are pregnant, but let him know you are taking custody of the child."

"He's going to flip." I mutter pulling away from Dales embrace.

"Probably."

"Okay, I'll have him meet me in an hour somewhere." I decide and Dale frowns.

"Your going to meet him? Just text him." He huffs in annoyance.

"It's better to talk about this face to face." I reply shortly and walk into the house.

"Mommy! Christina like to shop!" Josie squeals running up to me and I pick her up.

"I know baby! Maybe all of us can go shopping sometime!" I exclaim and she grins at the idea.

"Oh! And aunt Kelsey!" She adds excitedly and I suddenly feel guilty that I haven't talk to Kelsey or told her anything the past few weeks. I need to remember to do that later.

"Okay, mommy has to go somewhere, but I promise tonight, we will have a girls night. Just me and you." I promise, kissing her on the forehead and setting her down.

"Deal!" She disappears back into the kitchen and I chuckle.

"Let me know where you are going to meet him at before you leave." Dale tells me suddenly from behind and I jump.

"Sure. Probably at Starbucks." I reply and head into our bedroom to get my phone.

7 new messages. 2 missed calls.

Tobias: I'll keep texting you till you answer.

Tobias: I'm not joking.

Tobias: are you pregnant?

Tobias: answer me dammit.

Tobias: tris, it's been almost three weeks. Talk to me.

Tobias: please don't be mad, you just forgave me. I can't bare for you to be pissed at me again.

Tobias: your killing me. Answer.

I sigh and send him a short text.

Me: Starbucks, 2:30. Meet me.

I have twenty minutes before I need to go so I head to the bathroom to freshen up and reapply my makeup. As I finish winging some eyeliner my phone buzzes and I pick it up from the bathroom counter.

Tobias: can't wait.

I roll my eyes at his reply and slip on some converse.

"Dale! Going to Starbucks now, should be back soon! Love you!" I shout opening the door and he calls back that he loves me too.

............

"A small smore's mocha please." I order handing the cashier five dollars.

"Have a nice day." The lady says handing me my change and order ticket and I nod back at her before scanning for a seat in the crowded place.

My gaze catches a familiar figure in the corner of the room and I start to walk towards Tobias with determination.

"Hey." He greets I slide into the seat across from him.

"Hello." I reply curtly and he frowns.

"Tris listen, I'm really sorry about that night. I didn't int-"

"Save it." I snap holding my hand up and continue. "I don't want to talk about it anymore."

"Okay... deal. But I do have one question to ask. Are you knocked up?" Tobias asks biting his lip nervously.

"The correct term is, pregnant, and that's what I'm here to talk about. I didn't just come to have a cup of coffee and gossip to you." I retort coldly.

"Sorry. So are you 'pregnant'." I roll my eyes at the way he corrected it and I open my mouth to reply, but am cut off by the speaker.

"Order 216 come get your drink. Order 216." The overcome announces and I sigh.

"That's mine be right back." I say picking up my ticket and heading to the front.

"Thank you." I hand my ticket to the guy who hands me my drink and he gives me a short nod before I walk back to Tobias.

"As you were so importantly saying....?" He raises his eyebrows as I sit down.

"So, I took a few tests and I am most defiantly pregnant." I reply as casual as I can and sip my drink. Which, by the way, tasted hella good.

"Are you joking right now? You are really pregnant? With my child?" He exclaims with wide eyes.

"Yes, but listen closely. Just because I'm pregnant by you doesn't mean you are going to have a right in mine or the kids life. Understand?"

"What do you mean? Damn well I am. You can't keep the kid away from me." His voice slightly raises.

"Watch me. I don't want to see you again, you have done enough damage to me so just go away and don't come back." I snap glaring at him.

"I'll take you to court." Tobias threatens and I scoff.

"No, you won't. Your the one who basically took advantage of me."

"I thought we were done talking about that?" He retorts coldly and I stand up abruptly.

"I said what I needed to so I am going to go now. Don't talk to me again, okay?" I seethe and walk out before he had a chance to reply.

"Dammit, Tris wait!" I hear him call out and I raise my middle finger and kept walking to my car.

"Tris!" I go to turn around, but he is already standing right in front of me with a scowl on his face.

"What?" I snap bitterly.

"You can be mad at me all you want, but I won't be taken out of my child's life. Am I clear?" He demands coldly and I flinch.

"No, because I will move halfway across the country if I have to, to get the hell away from you! And get away from me before I fricken call Dale." I shout pushing his chest away from me and open the door to my car only to have it slammed back shut and my wrist grabbed.

"Listen well, I will follow you halfway across the damn country if I have to. Understand? And you can run and cry to Derek, but I will always be in your life Tris. Now go." Tobias releases his hold on my wrist and I get into my car starting the ignition.

Tears from frustration slip down my cheek as speed down the backroads to my house.

"What the hell?" I whisper to myself as I slow down. Three cop cars and an ambulance are surrounding a half crushed car and another car halfway in a ditch.

"Excuse me ma'am, can you turn around please? We are cutting off this part of the road." An officer informs me through my window and I nod slowly staring at the scene where something seems off.

"Y-yeah. What happened?" I nod toward the scene in concern and the officer shakes his head sadly.

"Horribly, these two cars rammed into each other. One flew into the ditch and the other flipped a few times."

"Oh my gosh. That's terrible. Is everyone okay?" I gasp.

"The lady who flew into the ditch just hit her head, but the car that rolled had a guy and little girl in it. They were rushed to the hospital." He replies and my heart races.

"S-sir, can I ask what number that license plate is?" I nod towards the crushed red car that had rolled multiple times nervously.

"Sure miss." The officer looks at the clip board in his hand and I wait in anticipation.

"Looks like it's C23F56." He replies and my heart stops.

"Oh my..." I start to feel nauseous and the police man leans in my window.

"Miss are you alright?" He asks concerned.

"No, no, no. That's my husband a daughter.."

Hey its hope you enjoyed the chapter!!

Before my next one I just want to ask one thing of you guys, can you all go follow dat_one_reading_girl for me????

Please!!!

Thanks don't forget to vote, comment, and follow!! ☺️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 20.1K 44
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
671K 33.8K 61
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...
247K 8.8K 99
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
282K 9.5K 107
She was a capitol elite. He was the youngest victor in history. Their friendship was frowned upon, but their love was forbidden. Extended Summary Ins...