Fable II: The Quest of Redemp...

By KurtDestin

#1 Under Fable II (Since 12/13/16) #698 Under Adventure (Since 3/18/17) Lyllianna has just awaken in Bower La... More

Chapter 2: The Guild Ruins
Chapter 3: Bowerstone Inn
Chapter 4: The Black Dagger
Chapter 5: The Blowout
Chapter 6: The Reawakening of the Mark
Chapter 7: Oakfield
Chapter 8: Anthony
Chapter 9: Bloodstone or Brightwood
Chapter 10: A Perfect Shot
Chapter 11: Who Said Anything About a Sword
Chapter 12: Just a Dream
Chapter 13: A Westcliff Welcome
Chapter 14: One Year
Chapter 14.5: Letter to a Lost Lover
Chapter 15: Trouble in Bloodstone
Chapter 16: Leo Head
Chapter 17: The Child of Grey

Chapter 1: Awakening

142 7 3
By KurtDestin

A/N: Hey guys! Before you begin, I just want to let you all know that this is Book 2. Book 1 is titled Fable: Shadows Among Us! Thanks!
~KurtDestin

I. Awakening

I woke up feeling sand on my body, my pack and weapons damp on my back, and cool water brushing against my legs. I quickly retained my hazy memory and stood up.

'Where am I?'

I saw a lake with a small enclosed doorway in the middle looking strangely familiar. Almost as if I'd seen it before in a past life.

'What's going on? Where am I? Where are the others? Ben, Whitney, Jonathan? Mom, dad, Mia? Kylie, Peter, Phillippe? Or Talia? Where is my sweet innocent Talia?'

I began to think about the last thing I remember. That's when it hit me.

"Oa-Oakvale. It's go-gone. Th-They're all d-dead." I said, my voice hoarse.

I kept talking in my head about what was going on until I heard something, footsteps. I quickly hid against a small ledge built of the landscape and saw a girl with her brunette hair in a ponytail being followed by an . . . animal. The girl jumped in the water and swam to the enclosed door and pulled out an item which made me think I was dreaming. It was a Guild Seal. She opened the door and shut it behind her, leaving me still unseen, but curious.

I opened my pack and inside contained a few hairbands, hair clips, my Hero armor, an old green apple, six health potions, two will potions, my mini dagger, my locket, and best of all, my Guild Seal. I quickly put everything back in my pack except for my locket which I put around my neck. I glanced at it to notice the orange stone was once again attached to it.

I looked back towards the enclosed doorway and knew what I had to do. With my curiosity taking over, I jumped into the water. As I swam, I tasted the water and knew exactly where I was for the first time since I've woken up.

'Is this . . . It is! It's Bowerstone Lake water, from Bowerstone. But if this is Bowerstone Lake, then where is the Heroes Guild? Wait, Jack of Blades didn't . . . No, it's not possible! It can't be.'

I finally made it to the small entrance and saw the door. It was the entrance to the Guild. I tried to open the door in a state of fright, but it was no use. I thought for a second and realized what I was missing. The Guild Seal. I pulled it out and pressed it against the empty part on the door and it opened. I entered the structure and recognized the ruins.

Bloody hell, this is the Guild! What happened? But more importantly, where am I?

I walked until I reached a spot where there was a hole going far down. There was water at the bottom and after I convinced myself, I jumped. I hit the water and quickly crawled out to see a bunch of gigantic beetles.

"What on earth happened to the beetles?!" I yelled as I used my sword and I killed them all, absorbing the experience, but it felt different somehow.

I ran through the Guild until I reached a part I could never forget, the Hall of Heroes.

A ton of memories flooded into my mind. My first day at the Guild, sometimes helping one of the servants fetch ingredients, playing on the woods, and most of all, becoming a hero beside my best friends, Kylie and Peter.

I kept walking until I got to the entrance and the brunette girl I'd seen earlier and the animal following her were absorbed in a Cullis Gate of bright blue light.

I walked it to see a hooded woman and I spoke "Th-Theresa?"

A/N: Hey guys! Here it is, Chapter 1 of the sequel! I hope you all enjoy it and now I'm done. Have a nice day all of you and go follow AmbrosiaRose! JUST DO IT! Lol bye guys! Thanks!
~KurtDestin

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.8K 288 29
Evlyn Ashryver Whitethorn Galathynius is the heir of Terreson. Evlyn becomes overwhelmed by being Heir and having an overprotective family that never...
184 0 44
Seraphina Tellar was guaranteed a quiet existence in the Emerald Kingdom. She would live with her mother and father in Bluebell Cottage. She would ma...
145K 6.4K 45
Book Four in the Call Me Series Embry vanished after the murder of Sirius Black, leaving only a note behind to say her goodbyes and promise that she'...
962K 38.4K 141
[THIS STORY WILL BECOME FREE ON JULY 1, 2024] Two girls. Two secrets. Only one can survive. Years before Nelle Wychthorn plans her escape, Tabitha Ca...