Trust Me (A Harry Styles Fan...

By 1D_lover_hs

Bethany Smith is a multibillionaire. After her parents die suddenly, she is left in the world to fend for her... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79

Chapter 75

5.9K 164 8
By 1D_lover_hs

Bethany's POV

When you wake up in a hospital, everything around you doesn't seem right. The lights seem brighter, your vision seems fuzzier and everything smells so chemically. You don't feel like you're at ease. All your senses and nerves are heightened because you realize something happened that was bad enough to admit you into a hospital.

I woke up, seeing a doctor talking to none other than Harry Styles in the corner of my room. I had a room to myself, and it was bigger than what I expected a hospital room to be. I even had a view of the city. I'm pretty sure they gave me a VIP room.

Harry was running a hand through his hair as he talked to the doctor. I couldn't see their faces, only their backs. I could tell Harry was worried, even frustrated. You could see it in his posture and the way he stood.

His black jeans clung to his legs and his jacket was thrown on the chair next to my bed. The doctor was a man with dark blonde hair, almost brown. He stood in his lab coat and what looked like scrubs with a stethoscope around his neck. It was still dark outside, but I didn't know what time it was.

"Harry?" My voice sounds like a frog, and I have to literally stop myself from laughing at how bad I sound.

Both sets of eyes snap over towards me, staring at me in shock. The doctor walked calmly towards me, but Harry was practically sprinting. His hand was wrapped tightly around mine as he leaned down and pressed his lips to mine.

"Welcome back, Ms. Smith." The doctor says happily.

"Call me, Bethany. Ms. Smith makes me sound old." I give him a small smile, watching him nod his head in assurance.

"Well, you fainted. We gave you some fluids to help hydrate you. We're just going to check your vitals and if everything is okay, you should be on your way." He talks to me as he looks through some papers he had set on a clip board.

"Sounds good to me."

Harry holds my hand as they check through everything. My blood pressure, temperature and pulse were fine. Now we were just waiting for some blood tests to come back. Harry never left my side, and it seemed to cause quite a bit of chaos for the nurses that were helping because they couldn't get around him. He refused to move, saying it was important he stayed with me.

Everyone had left the room except Harry and the Doctor, and the results of the blood tests were in the doctors hands.

"Now, Bethany, I'd like to speak to you alone if that's okay." He looks between Harry and I. Harry opens his mouth, and I'm sure he's about to refuse. So, I throw my hand over his mouth.

"That'll be fine." I smile up at the doctor, who's name seems to be Dr. Hart. "Harry, just go stand outside the door. I'll be fine."

I can see worry in his eyes, something I hated to see. I moved my hand away from his mouth, and as soon as I do, I watch him clench his jaw.

"Beth-" he starts but I cut him off.

"Go. I'll be fine." I use my stern voice- the voice I use when I'm talking to business men that think they have authority over me.

His lips snap shut and his eyes go wide. I may have passed out and I may have just woken up 5 minutes ago, but I'm not letting a man run my life anymore.

He stands up without another word and saunters out of the room. A frustrated hand runs through his hair harshly and he avoids all eye contact as he walks out of the room and slams the door shut. I feel my eyes shut in frustration as well. It's always a scene with him when he doesn't get what he wants.

"I'm sorry, he's not usually like this." I apologize, running a hand down my face.

"It's alright. He's just worried." Dr. Hart tells me.

"It's overbearing at times."

"Does it stress you out?" He asks, taking a seat on the edge of my bed. He has his clipboard and pen in hand, scribbling down thoughts as he talks.

I was confused as to why he'd ask me that. I was confused as to why he was writing so much so quickly.

"Why?" I ask before I can even answer.

"Bethany..." He starts off slowly. His eyes flutter away from his paper and look at my face.

"What? Is something wrong with me?" I ask frantically, sitting up in bed quickly. He rests a hand on my shoulder and presses me back lightly into the mattress.

"No nothing is wrong with you." He assures me with a small laugh. I sigh out in relief.

"You passed out due to stress and a large amount of it at once. I believe there was something that surprised you, and it made your heart rate increase so fast, that your body couldn't keep up." He speaks slowly, explaining what he thinks happened to me.

"So I passed out from shock?" I ask.

"I presume so. But there must have been a lot of stress already."

Well the shock thing makes sense. I know who killed my parents. That was pretty shocking.

Holy shit.

I know who killed my parents.

"Bethany! Bethany!" I feel him shaking my shoulder, but it takes me a couple seconds to snap back into reality.

"Sorry." I shake my head, biting my lip.

"Your heart rate sped up again... Can you tell me what's stressing you out? Because we may be able to prescribe you some anti-anxiety meds so this doesn't happen again."

"N-no. I'm fine. Honestly. Something happened tonight but I'm alright. I promise."

He looks at me, studying my face slowly. His eyes were staring into mine as if he was trying to get me to tell him what happened. I wouldn't budge.

"Well, then I'll sign the discharge papers and you can be in your way."

He stands up after shaking my hand and makes his way towards the door. I watch him stop as his hand rests on the handle. He doesn't move, and instead just stares at me.

"If the stress does start to become too much, you need to take a step away from it all, and take a break. Goodnight, Bethany."

He steps out of the room, and within three seconds, Harry was rushing into the room. He took a seat in the chair next to the bed immediately, grabbing my hand in both of his.

"Oh you can get dressed and sign the discharge papers at the nurses station." Dr. Hart's head pops back into the room, causing my head to snap back towards him. He smiles and waves before taking of for good this time... Hopefully.

When the door finally shuts, my attention turns back towards Harry. His eyes are watering, tears slowly falling down his cheeks.

"Why are you crying?" My voice laced with worry.

"I was scared."

"Scared?" I was confused. Nothing was wrong, I just fainted.

"Yes I was scared. You looked like you were fucking dead! And you wouldn't wake up."

"Well nothing's wrong with me." I assure him, but immediately tell him a lie. "They think it was just too much alcohol."

"Then why did I have to leave the room?" He asks skeptically.

"They wanted to know if I was an alcoholic or if I needed help." I say shamefully.

I didn't want to lie to him, but I needed him to earn his trust back before I could do that. I didn't want people knowing except for my lawyers until I could prove Katherine Galvin murdered my parents.

"That's terrible for them to assume that!" He snaps.

"No no! They asked questions to make sure I'm not." I give his hand a gentle squeeze, hoping to calm him down.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. M'just worried about you."

"Well don't be. I'm okay." I bring his hand up and press my lips to it lightly.

"Okay, let's get out of here."

I sit up in the bed, flinching as my feet touch the cold tile. A rush of chills runs up my spine as I feel his hand on my lower back. He's trying to help me stand, and my shakey legs want to thank him for it.

I reach for my dress, seeing as it's resting on the shelf by the window. He beats me to it, grabbing it and unzipping it so I can slip it on.
I untie the gown I'm wearing and let the sleeves fall from my body.

His eyes never leave mine, but I know he's dying to look down my body. I didn't know if it was because it was late, and I was sleepy, but a wave of boldness ran through me.

Just because I wanted to take things slow, didn't mean I couldn't screw around with Harry.

I needed to get my head off knowing who killed my parents. I had all day tomorrow to take care of it.

So, I bent over in front of him, "accidentally" letting my butt rub against his crotch as I slipped on my heels from the evening.

I turned around again, standing and looking at him in nothing but my white lace thong and nude heels.

"You're making taking things slow, very, very, hard." His voice is deep and raspy. His eyes flutter close as I bite my lip.

I smile in victory, but only for a few seconds.

I was still tired. Falling asleep wasn't exactly going to be hard for me tonight. Between the alcohol I consumed and blacking out, I was very sleepy. My vision was still a little fuzzy, but that usually happened to me when I was tired.

I pulled the dress back over my head, letting it hang loosely from my body. I turned around, motioning for Harry to zip it up. His fingers skimmed every inch of my spine as he lifted the zipper up the track.

There was a knock at the door when I was completely dressed and Harry wrapped his suit jacket around me. He opened the door to see a male nurse walk in with a wheel chair. He looked giddy, and excited. His eyes were wide in happiness.

"Bethany Smith?! You're the VIP that's taken over the hospital?" He fusses around the room, walking towards me with the wheel chair.

"I guess so?" I say unsurely. How was I supposed to know if I was the one who did that.

"Can I get your autograph on this Vogue magazine? I know I'm a guy, but I'm so into fashion and also very gay and oh my gosh could you please!"

I watch as his hands fumble around with the pouch on the back of his chair. Then, he pulls out the magazine, revealing the picture of Leighton and I in our gold dresses. I take it from him, as well as the pen he seemed to find and sign it quickly.

"You guys looked so fierce in those pictures throughout the article about you two. Oh I can't get over it..."

He starts to ramble on as he pushes me out the door in the chair. I tune him out, too sleepy to speak to him about a magazine that seemed to have consumed my life tonight. I didn't want to be rude, but he was so peppy the entire time and it was 2 am. I was tired and grumpy and knowing I was about to start my period didn't help that much either.

"Oh Jesus... That's a lot of paps. Let me find a different way out with less attention yeah?"

That seemed to wake me up. I hadn't even realized it because I'm positive I'd fallen asleep in the chair.

"Please, that'd be very helpful." Harry answers for us, and I feel my eyes start to flutter shut again.

When I opened them again, there was a bit of a sunrise in the distance shining through my window. Harry was beside me, loosely draping his arm over my waist. He was sound asleep, and covered in nothing but his black boxer briefs.

I was in his black shirt from last night and a pair of regular underwear. Thankfully he'd changed me, and thankfully I'd slept through it.

This morning was important. This morning was the beginning to finally getting the justice my parents deserved. Today was the day I had my parents murderer arrested.

I slowly got out from the covers, and made my way towards my closet. I had to be quick and quiet. It was 5:30 in the morning, but I was too fueled on adrenaline to stop and go back to sleep.

I grabbed a pair of light washed boyfriend jeans with rips down the legs, and a pair of nude heals. I was going to wear Harry shirt today. It smelled like him, and I needed the comfort.

It was bad enough the press would be all over my ass for getting back together with him, I needed his strength and moral support for dealing with lawyers all morning.

I ran into a guest bathroom down the hall and washed my face and threw my hair in a messy bun. I had no time for fancy make up and hair. I had no time because I needed to get the crazy bitch that killed my mother and father behind bars.

I ran through the house carrying my heels. Luckily I'd rolled the cuffs of the jeans up so I wouldn't trip, because they were a little too long for my legs.

When I got to the kitchen, I grabbed a pre-made smoothie from the fridge and a protein bar from the pantry. I hated breakfast and I didn't have to make it anyways so this would have to do.

Then I grabbed my purse and slammed the door shut.

As I rode down the elevator, I dug around in my purse for my phone, sighing in relief as I found it at the very bottom.

I pressed the name of my lawyer in my contact list, fidgeting as the phone rang.

"Hello?" He was groggy, and I knew I'd woken him up.

"Charles-"

"Bethany Smith. It is 5:45 in the morning. And it's my day off. I'm hanging up and going back to-"

"I KNOW WHO KILLED MY PARENTS." I say quickly and loudly as I slam the car door shut. I sit in the drivers seat and turn the car on.

There's a brief period of silence, but I can hear him breathing.

"I'll be in your office in 20."

And with that... The line goes dead.

*******************

An: I'm very tired and it's 2am.

Goodnight.

VOTE COMMENT SHARE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 173 35
Love is hard. It's like a flower, it needs love and care. Bethany and Harry's relationship is more than that though. It's a delicate flower that need...
4.7K 80 23
Daina is lucky enough to get a place at her dream school in London. By mistake she meets Niall Horan and his friends, and by mistake she falls for hi...
6.9K 259 34
Anna grew up in Cheshire with her very close friend, Harry. Little did they all know that he would become Harry Styles. They had been separated from...
1.7K 131 30
Alexia runs away to London after having a horrible past. She starts a new life living with her best friend. She falls for a special boy who goes by t...