Sneaking Around (Nate Maloley)

By hale_swaleee

Vanessa and Nate meet at one of his club gigs and end up having feelings for each other. After Nate comes ov... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
SEQUEL!!!

Chapter 26

3.4K 72 2
By hale_swaleee

After we ate dinner we took Swazz back home and then headed to my house.  I plopped down on my bed as Nate hung out with Tommy downstairs.  They started playing xbox and I really didn't want to watch them play.  I decided I should take a bath and try to relax, so I stood up and walked into my bathroom and started the bath.  I peeled off my clothes and stepped into the warm water, laying my head back against the wall and stretching my arms on the side of the tub.  It's been a while since I've taken a bath and it feels amazing.  The warm water started to relax my muscles and I forgot about everything going on.  Until I stepped out into the cold air.  

I wrapped the towel around myself after drying off and putting my hair in a messy bun.  I walked into my room and shut the door and grabbed a pair of yoga pants and one of Nate's shirts and quickly changed into them.  I lay down in my bed after I hung the towel up to dry and scrolled through my social media.  I looked at the time and it was only seven thirty, but I really wanted to go to bed.  I don't see why I shouldn't, or couldn't.  And plus I was up at seven this morning and then walked up and down a mountain multiple times today because of Nate's shoot.  I put my phone down and turned off the lamp on the bedside table and rolled over and snuggled into the blanket and closed my eyes.

I never heard Nate come to bed last night, but he was there when I woke up.  I checked the time and it was 11:34.  I saw I had a missed call from my dad and Cindy, so I figured I should call one of them back since maybe they get to come home today.  I quietly got out of bed, trying not to wake Nate but that didn't work.  He groaned as I stood up and I giggled and turned around.

"Where are you going?" He whined and I sat on the edge of the bed.

"I was going to call Cindy back and I didn't want to wake you" I shrugged hitting the phone app on my phone.  "But since you're up I'll lay back down and call her, just be quiet" I said and he nodded as he grabbed me around the waist pulling me into his chest.  I hit Cindy's contact and put the phone to my ear.

"Hey you're up now good" Cindy sighed.

"Yeah what's up?" I asked brushing Nate's hair away from his face.

"We can come home today, so we need you to come get us soon.  We're getting ready to sign the release papers" Cindy explained and I nodded.

"Alright, I'll wake up Tommy and we'll come get you" I sighed.  She thanked me before hanging up.  I looked up at Nate and frowned.  "You gotta go home" I sighed and he nodded and pressed a kiss to my forehead.

"They're coming home?" He asked and I nodded as he released me so I could sit up.

"Yeah and I'm already preparing to get shit from my dad about my tattoo" I chuckled quietly.

"Just come over later if you want" Nate said sitting up and wrapping his arms around my waist from behind, moving my hair to one shoulder and pressing a few light kisses to my neck.

"I probably will" I nodded turning around to kiss his lip.  "I have to go wake up Tommy" I said pushing myself out of the bed.  I walked across the hall and opened Tommy's door and jumped on his bed as he groaned.  "We have to go pick up your mom and my dad" I said and he nodded.

"Okay" He groaned sitting up and rubbing his eyes.  "Sleep was nice while it lasted" He said and I giggled.

"Just sleep over at a friends house or something" I shrugged walking towards his door.

"For a few months until the boys can sleep through the night?" Tommy chuckled getting up and following me out into the hallway.

"Or just suck it up" I said and he nodded and walked into the bathroom.  I walked back into my room and put on a pair of running shorts and an old Ice Hockey t-shirt from my high school and then brushed my hair and put it back up in a messy bun.  I walked across the hall to the bathroom and brushed my teeth since Tommy was done and then I was ready to go.  Nate had just finished packing his bag and I frowned.  "It was only like two days but it was a fun two days" I said walking over and wrapping my arms around Nate's torso as I looked up at him.  He leaned down and pressed a kiss to my lips.

"You'll just have to stay over at my place more" He smirked and I smiled.  Tommy walked in and groaned when he saw Nate and I.  I giggled as I pulled away.  Nate grabbed his bag and we all walked out to the driveway where Nate got in his car and drove to his house while Tommy and I went to the hospital.  

I texted my dad when we were there and he told us we needed to bring up the carseats.  Tommy and I got out and each grabbed one of the seats from the back and walked through the hospital doors and up to Cindy's room.  They strapped Ethan and Aiden in and then dad and Tommy each carried a carseat as Cindy and I followed.  Tommy showed dad how to click the seats in and then I went all the way to the third row of seats, while Tommy drove and Cindy sat in front of me, in the middle, with the twins.

I looked over the seat and made faces at Aiden since he was awake.  A small smile would appear on his face and I decided to make a snapchat of that because it was simply adorable.  I took a video and he smiled a few times and then I uploaded it to my story with the caption "The boys come home today" with the confetti emoji next to it.  I put my phone next to me on the seat as we pulled into the driveway.  Tommy and my dad each took a seat and I unbuckled Aiden once we got in the house and picked him up.

"Vanessa we need to talk" Dad said and I rolled my eyes and placed Aiden in the bouncer next to the table as I sat down on one of the kitchen chairs.

"What about?" I sighed, crossing my arms over my chest.

"First off your attitude and second your tattoo" He said sternly and I rolled my eyes once again.

"I don't see what's wrong with having a tattoo" I shrugged.

"How come I've never seen it?" He asked.

"It's on my boob" I shrugged looking at my nails.

"Why on earth would you get a tattoo? You know how much I don't like them" He said and I nodded.

"Did you ever think that's why I got it? You baby me so much and maybe I just wanted to do something that you wouldn't approve of since everyone sees me as the perfect little angel.  Well guess what? That's not me" I said, raising my voice as each word left my mouth.

"Don't yell we have two baby's in the house now" dad warned and I laughed.

"I'm going to yell all I want! They're baby's and they're three days old, trust me they won't remember this.  And by the time they can talk I know they're going to be yelling at you because you're a pain in everyone's ass! Why do you think mom left?! And Andrea doesn't want to talk to you anymore!" I shouted "She tried talking to you and fixing your relationship but you went and screwed it all up again and honestly I'm not surprised" I snapped.

"Vanessa don't you dare talk to me like that" My dad boomed and I laughed.

"I will talk to you however the fuck I want" I said and he glared at me.

"Watch your mouth!" He shouted.

"You think when you yell it scares me? It did when I was like five but I'm eighteen now and it doesn't scare me but nice try.  I've been told that I need to start respecting you and I was really going to try but then you came home and made it a hell of a lot harder" I said standing up.

"I think you should leave" My dad said and I raised an eyebrow.

"You're kicking me out?" I asked pointing to myself and he nodded.

"Yeah I am.  If you're not going to respect me then you can leave" He said and I nodded.

"Great" I smiled.  His face softened as if he thought kicking me out would make me upset, but it didn't.  Honestly I'm tired of arguing all the time and being treated like a baby.  I walked over and kissed Aiden on the forehead and then did the same with Ethan before running upstairs and grabbing a bag and stuffing clothes in it.  I grabbed my keys and wallet and walked downstairs and walked out the front door, slamming it behind me.  Over the past few months, I had saved enough money and bought myself a car so my dad can't call and claim it stolen this time.  

I got in my car and grabbed my phone and dialed Nate's number as I started the ignition.  He answered after a few rings and I sighed.

"What's up?" He asked and I can picture his eyebrows being furrowed in confusion and worry.

"Can I come stay with you? For a while?" I asked biting my lip.

"Yeah of course" He said "What happened?" He asked as I backed out go my driveway and put my phone on speaker.

"Well me and my dad got into an argument but that's no surprise.  He kicked me out thinking that I would be upset and beg to stay" I laughed.  "He said to leave and I asked if he was kicking me out and he said yes with a cocky smirk on his face and so I smiled at him and said good and then his face fell like he thought I would be upset" I sighed.  "I know you said I should respect him but there's times when it get's really hard" I said.

"You can explain it all when you get here" He said and I nodded as I turned onto his street.

"Yeah I will, I'm almost there" I said before hanging up.  I parked my car and grabbed my bag and walked into Nate and Sammy's apartment.  I walked into Nate's room and threw my bag in the corner before going out into the living room and joining Nate on the couch.  I rested my head on the arm of the couch and tossed my legs onto Nate's lap, his hands resting on my ankles, his thumb rubbing back and forth gently.  He turned his head and looked at me before turning off the tv.

I took a deep breath before explaining everything that happened after we walked through the front door of the house.  I told him that the only reason I'm upset I was kicked out was because I wouldn't see the twins, but on the bright side I wouldn't be kept up all night from their crying.  I looked down at my phone and chuckled as I saw my dads contact name on the screen.  I showed it to Nate and he shrugged.

"Answer it if you want" He said and I bit my lip as I thought about it.  Eventually I gave in with a sigh and answered.

"I didn't think you would actually leave" He said and I laughed lightly.

"I figured since when I said good that cocky look left your face" I said crossing my one arm over my stomach.  I looked up at Nate and saw him raising an eyebrow down at me as if saying 'respect your dad.'  "But I'm not coming back" I shrugged.  "Not yet at least. I think I need some time away"

"Well where are you?" He asked.

"You don't need to know" I said calmly.  

"Yes I do I'm your father" He said and I nodded.

"Yeah a father who kicked me out" I rolled my eyes.

"Lose the attitude" He said and I laughed and sat up.

"Why are you still trying to tell me what to do? You kicked me out so I left! I'm not under your roof anymore so I don't have to follow your rules!" I said and he sighed.  "I'm not arguing anymore today I'm done" I said pulling the phone away from my ear and hitting the red end button.  I put my phone on do not disturb, knowing he would keep calling, and tossed it onto the coffee table.  

"You just need to relax" Nate said moving his hand to rest on my back and rubbing soothingly.

"It's really hard with him always down my throat" I said putting my head in my hands.

"Why don't we go away this weekend?" He asked.  I picked my head up and smiled at him "My parents have a cabin a few hours away, let's go" He said and I nodded.

"That sounds great" I said leaning back into the comfy couch cushions.  

"It will be just you and me all weekend, we'll leave Sammy here" Nate chuckled and I nodded.  "Let me call my parents because I need to ask and we'll need to go get the keys from them" He explained and I nodded.

"When would we go?" I asked and he shrugged.

"It's only Wednesday, let's wait until Friday to leave" He said and I nodded.

"This is going to be amazing" I smiled grabbing onto Nate's hand as he picked up his phone to call his parents.  I hope they say it's okay.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

169K 2.4K 33
"You're a player, you flirt with every girl you can get your hands on, and I bet you can't date a girl for two days, let alone thirty!" "Deal." All t...
88.3K 2.1K 19
He pushed me to the bed "Are you ready" he asked "Of course" I replied ••• She never really loved anyone, till she falls in love with the new boy in...
6K 103 50
Frances never knew who was it. All she knows is that she is away from him. But little does she knows about the distance they were trying to maintain...
135K 4.3K 29
Book Three of the "Zone" series. ⓒ copyright | mesnate Book #1: Friendzone Book #2: No Boys Zone Book #3: Danger Zone