Invalid (Supernatural)

By JaneRemmington

Tabbris is the angel of...whatever he's told. Orders are all he's ever known and all he's ever wanted. His on... More

1. Fetch
2. Saving Private Cas
3. Glitches
4. The Enemy of My Enemy?
5. Shooting Stars
6. Hitchhiker
8. Trust Is a Delicate Thing
9. Don't Fear the Reaper
10. Road Trip
11. Castiel
12. Here I Go Again On My Own
13. Headaches
14. The New Boss
15. Trip Down Memory Lane
16. Roles and Responsibilities
17. Where Do Your Loyalties Lie?
18. Double Agent
19. Wayward Son
20. Runaway
21. I've Drowned and Dreamt This Moment
Author's Note

7. Hospital Horrors

449 22 9
By JaneRemmington

Tabbris entered the hospital and approached the woman at the counter inside. He looked around the room uncertain of the procedures of such an establishment. It was a large open room filled with cushioned chair and sofas huddled around rectangular, wooden coffee tables. There were multiple tvs scattered about the room, and magazines on the tables that entertained the people milling or sitting about the area. The lady behind the counter looked up at Tabbris expectantly as Jennifer walked up beside him.

"Hello? Hi," Jen said smiling at the lady. "We're looking for a Dean Winchester."

"One moment, please," the woman replied pleasantly and typed on a keyboard in front of her. She looked up at the computer screen and said, "We have a Sam Winchester admitted."

"Where?" Tabbris asked.

He glanced behind the woman nervously. There were others here already. He could sense them.

"I'm sorry, unless you're family I cannot disclose that information," she replied.

He didn't have time for this. He needed to get to the Winchesters first. So he went into her mind. It was sort of like how they asked for acceptance into a vessel. However, this time he just went to talk.

"What's going on?" the woman asked looked at Tabbris confused. "Where are we?"

She looked around at the park they had landed in. It was a beautiful summer day and children were running around laughing and playing.

"This is just a good memory for you," Tabbris replied.

"Who are you?" she asked.

"I am an angel."

"Am I dead?"

"No, I need your help. I need to find Sam Winchester," Tabbris urged.

"Third floor, room 312," she said gazing off at a particular child in the park.

Tabbris nodded and snapped out.

The receptionist woman shook her head and looked around confused. Less than a millisecond had actually passed. Jen didn't even know Tabbris had been gone. Tabbris paid no attention to the flummoxed receptionist and pulled Jen over to a sign that read elevator. He pressed the up arrow button and stared intently at the silver doors.

"Where are we going?" Jen asked.

"Third floor, room 312," Tabbris replied just as the elevator doors opened.

They stepped in and she asked, "Why there?"

"Sam," he said pressing the button for the third floor.

Just as the doors opened again, the fire alarm sounded. Tabbris heard breaking glass and the piercing ringing of the alarm only increased. Jen turned back to the elevator in a lame attempt to escape, but it was locked down. They were here, Tabbris knew it.

Three twelve was to his right.

He walked out into the hallway as he heard someone yell, "Everybody out! Get out! Now!"

Doctors, nurses, and a few others rushed past Tabbris running and slipping through the broken glass that littered the hall. Tabbris saw the broken windows and felt a gust of air blow in from the outside. He turned to face the hallway to find Dean Winchester yelling near the fire alarm. He looked just as he had when Castiel had repeatedly murdered him. Minus the blood. He had short cropped hair and a hopeless expression that plagued his green eyes. Beside him a woman was laying on the ground. He bent down to help her. Tabbris watched unmoving for the moment.

"Stay there," he called back to Jen.

She nodded wide eyed.

"Hey, you got to get out of here," Dean said to the woman helping her up. "Come on."

Then an old man in faded coveralls walked out in front of Dean. He was carrying an angel blade.

"Whoa," Dean said pushing the woman behind him and pulling out his own knife. "Stay behind me."

The woman went behind Dean and he prepared for his fight with the farmer man. Then the lady punched Dean hard from behind. Dean staggered forward and she grabbed him back by the throat. She lifted him off the ground and slammed him into the wall.

"Or not," she said.

She slammed him back to the ground and drug him over to his brother's room door. The farmer guy followed her. She dropped him near the door and Tabbris walked casually closer.

"Let me make this simple," the woman told Dean. "Tell me where Castiel is, or your brother's gonna wish he were dead."

"Yeah, good luck getting past the warding," Dean spat at her.

"But we will," she said. "And when we do, I'm gonna strip off all his skin, and you're gonna watch."

The farmer broke the glass on the emergency ax case on the wall and pulled out the ax as if to prove the point.

"Bite me," Dean replied with a smile.

She punched him in the face. His skin cracked and blood gushed forward from the cut.

"All right," Tabbris said getting the two angels's attention. "Not that this hasn't been extemely interesting to watch, but I think I'll take it from here."

They looked at him questioningly.

"Who are you?" the woman asked.

"Tabbris," he said. "Now go. I will handle it."

"We need answers from him," she said looking back at Dean. "And you're just Naomi's bitch."

Tabbris gave a small laugh and pulled out his blade, "I guess you'll just have to fight me for him."

The angels turned away from Dean and pulled out their blades.

"Two against one," she said. "I like those odds."

Just as they were coming at him Dean called back to them.

"Hey, douche bags! If Heaven is locked, then where do you go when I do this?" he yelled revealing a blood banishing sigil he had made on the floor.

"Don't!" Tabbris yelled as Dean slammed his palm into the symbol.

White light flooded the hall and the two attacking angels screamed. Tabbris closed his eyes waiting for the inevitable. When he opened them, he was still in the hallway, unharmed. He checked himself over. He was alive, and the other two angels were gone. Dean stared at him.

"Who the hell are you?" Dean asked.

Jen came around the corner and walked up behind Tabbris.

"Oh my god," she said when she saw Dean and ran over to him. "Are you okay? We need to get you to a doctor. What the hell Tabbris?!"

"I didn't do that," Tabbris replied absent-mindedly.

"I'm fine," Dean said waving her off.

He got up quickly off the floor.

"I'll deal with you two later," he said to them and opened the door to Sam's room.

Dean entered the room and Tabbris stood outside the door unable to enter the warded room, Jen stayed next to him. The monitor was beeping loudly. A flatline. There was a man sitting in a chair next to Sam's bed clutching his side painfully. Sam himself was lying pale and lifeless on a hospital bed.

Tabbris had never seen Sam Winchester before. He was a very large human with very long hair.

"What the hell's happening?" Dean asked the man in the chair alarmed.

"This just started," the man, who Tabbris could tell was an angel, said. "And the warding. I'm afraid I'm weaker than I thought."

Dean grabbed a marker off the table near the bed and began crossing out the warding symbols. When enough were removed, Tabbris was able to enter the room. Jen followed him.

"What is going on?" Jen asked Tabbris, confusion in her eyes.

He pressed two fingers to her forehead. She was knocked out instantly and he caught her unconscious body before it could fall to the floor. Dean gave him a look, but was too busy to ask questions. Tabbris layed Jen gently down on the floor. He didn't have time to deal with her right now.

"I am sorry, Dean," the angel in the chair said.

Though sorry for what, Tabbris didn't know.

"No, no, no, no," Dean snapped. "We had a deal, okay? I fight. You save."

"And I would if I could," the angel replied. "I'm just afraid it's too late."

"Are you kidding me? Are you saying there's no way to save my brother's life?"

"No good ways, I'm afraid."

"Well, what are the bad ones?" Dean asked desperately. "We're out of options here, man. Good or bad, let me hear them."

"I cannot promise," the angel said, "but there is a chance I can fix your brother from the inside."

"What possession?" Dean asked incredulously. "You want to possess Sam?"

"I told you."

"No way."

"Understood," the angel replied. "It's your call."

"No, it's Sam's call," Dean said. "There's no way in hell he'd say yes to being possessed by anything."

"He would rather die," the angel stated.

Dean nodded looking down at his fading brother.

The angel waved a hand in front of the monitor, silencing it, and said, "I'll leave you two alone then."

He got up and began walking towards the door.

"Wait," Dean called after him. "If I consider this...and I mean just consider it...I need someting, man. You gotta prove to me how bad he is."

The angel walked back over to them and put a hand on Sam's forehead, then on Dean's. Tabbris knew what was going on. This angel, whoever he was, was showing Dean Sam's head. He waited impatiently. He didn't care about these two. He needed to find Castiel. But as his hasty brothers had found out, beating it out of them didn't seem to be the most effective way to go. So he waited.

Then the angel removed his hand from Dean's forehead.

"What are you doing, Sam?" Dean asked, clearly upset by what he had seen.

"As you can see, there's not much time," the angel said.

"I know. Damn it. I know," Dean said pacing about the room. Finally, he stopped, "How will it work?"

"Mutual benefit, I suppose," the angel replied. "I heal Sam while healing myself."

"And when he's healed?"

"I leave. It's the best of a bad situation, Dean."

"Even if I said yes, it doesn't mean squat," Dean said. "Sam will never say yes...not to you."

"But he would say yes to you."

Dean nodded, "I guess."

Then the angel put his hand back on Sam's forehead. One second the angel was the man in front of Tabbris, and the next he was Sam. The other man fell to the floor. Sam's eyes opened, but it wasn't Sam. He sat up stiffly and lifted himself up off the bed.

"Sam?" Dean asked.

"No," the angel replied.

Dean paused, "Okay, we've got to go."

He picked up Sam's clothes from a box and tossed them at the angel. The angel put them on quickly in place of the hospital gown.

"You," Dean said to Tabbris. "Can you zap us a ticket out of here?"

"I can't."

"Fine, I've got about a million questions for you," Dean told him.

"I'm here to help."

"You want to help? Then move," Dean ordered.

Tabbris nodded and turned back to Jen. He picked her up easily and carried her out into the hallway away from the alarming symbols. He pressed his fingers to her forehead and she woke up.

"What's going on?" she asked, looking up at Tabbris bewildered.

"You hit your head," he told her and pulled her up off the floor. "We have to go, now."

"Okay," she agreed, still dazed.

Dean and the unknown angel walked past and Tabbris, supporting Jen, followed them. They took the stairs down to the ground floor and left through the emergency vehicle entrance.

"So, how's it look in there?" Dean asked the angel as they walked away from the hospital.

"Not good. There is much work to be done," the Sam angel replied.

"Yeah, but he's gonna wake up right?" Dean asked.

"He will. And he will not even know that I am here."

"What? No, this is too big," Dean said.

"And what will Sam do if you tell him he is possessed by an angel?"

"Well, he'll have to understand," Dean replied.

"And if he does not?" the angel questioned. "Without his acceptance, Sam can eject me any time, especially with me so weak. And if Sam does eject me, he will die."

"Then we keep it a secret for now," Dean conceded. "Now for you," Dean said turning to Tabbris. "Who the hell are you?"

The angel turned to look at Tabbris for the first time. Something flickered quickly across his face and was gone.

"Tabbris," Tabbris said. "I am an angel."

"Really?" Dean asked. "Then why didn't the angel banishing sigil, you know, banish you."

"I do not know."

Tabbris was still working that one out himself.

"Who are you?" Tabbris continued, looking towards the unknown angel that was now inside Sam.

"Ezekiel," the angel replied hesitantly.

"I don't think we've met," Tabbris nodded to him, "but I've heard great things."

Ezekiel nodded back.

"Now," Tabbris said turning back to Dean, "I must find Castiel. Do you know where he is?"

Dean ignored him. "Who's she?" he asked motioning to Jen who had been back to normal for a while now.

She was being held firmly in place by Tabbris. Her eyes were wild.

Tabbris looked down at her, "She helped me get here."

"You people are crazy," she said fearfully. "Please, just let me go."

"Cut it out," Tabbris said, shaking her. "You haven't fooled me for a second."

She stopped struggling and looked up at him, "Really? I thought I was doing pretty good."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.7K 686 23
Sam and Dean Winchester. Two of the most feared hunters on the planet. Castiel Novak. The most bad-assiest angel in Heaven. Together their team is c...
1.4M 37.8K 55
**Set in Season 8** "You a cop?" "You probably wish I was." ________________________ He knew it was a bad idea to let her in, but he did it a...
118 0 10
Just a normal day at the bunker when suddenly an angel pops up. Since the moment you both met, its been nonstop eye contact. With the months flying b...
48.5K 1.3K 22
PART ONE [COMPLETED] There's so much uncertainty in your life. Why won't any demons make a deal? What is Sam up to and why won't he return your call...