tough love ; jack gilinsky

By nagrom_

Meredith is a hot tempered rich teenager, who doesn't like to be told what to do. But when she's forced to wo... More

i n t r o
o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y - o n e
t w e n t y - t w o
t w e n t y - t h r e e
t w e n t y - f o u r
t w e n t y - f i v e
t w e n t y - s i x
t w e n t y - s e v e n
t w e n t y - e i g h t
t w e n t y - n i n e
t h i r t y
t h i r t y - o n e
t h i r t y - t w o
t h i r t y - t h r e e
t h i r t y - f o u r
t h i r t y - f i v e
t h i r t y - s i x
t h i r t y - e i g h t
t h i r t y - n i n e
f o r t y
f o r t y - o n e
f o r t y - t w o
f o r t y - t h r e e
f o r t y - f o u r
f o r t y - f i v e

t h i r t y - s e v e n

2.7K 52 27
By nagrom_

m e r e d i t h

The next day I woke up at one, I never sleep in that late.

But I was really scared that my mom had come home and saw Cam, Addie and Shawn and kicked them out or something.

"Crap, Jack get up." I said pushing him to the floor. I climbed out of bed and went to my dresser to grab a hoodie, I grabbed the first one I saw and rushed downstairs. The amount of panic I'm in right now is insane.

"Good morning Mer!" Shawn smiled. I looked around to see all three of them drinking coffee with Ryan. My mom was nowhere in sight.

"Where's mom?" I asked sitting down next to Addie, she slid a mug of tea towards me. I gladly took it.

"She said she had to go to out of town for work and won't be back until tonight, so consider yourself lucky." Ryan said rubbing his head, I'm assuming he's hungover from that party he went to last night.

"Mer, your phone's ringing." Jack said as he walked down the stairs.

"Well, give it to me then." I rolled my eyes and he threw the phone at me. I looked at the caller id, it was my mom.

"Everyone shut up." I said before answering the call.

"Hi mom."

"Hello Meredith, I just called to remind you that you have to see Dr. Jamieson today."

"Yeah, I know. I'm getting ready now."

"Good, see you tonight."

"Yeah bye."

Like I said, it's not easy holding a conversation with her.

I put my phone down and sighed, she doesn't fucking get it. Therapy isn't going to help me like she thinks it will.

"So, what time do you have to be at therapy?" Jack asked putting his chin on my head and wrapping his arms around me. {these two are my goals like for real}

"Three, and it's like forty five minutes away so we should start getting ready now." I sighed.

"We? You want us to come with you?" Cam asked choking back his coffee.

"Yeah, because then my therapist can tell my mom I can leave this fucking city and live with you guys again." I said finishing off my tea.

"Meredith, you and I both know mom would never agree to that. No matter what your therapist says." Ryan said raising an eyebrow.

"I don't care." I said putting my tea mug in the sink and going up to my room to get dressed. It was a super nice day out so I picked out black shorts, a white v neck and black converse. I brushed my hair I put on a black beanie before going back downstairs.

Ryan had gone back to bed and everyone else was waiting for me.

"I'm driving." I announced snatching Addie's keys from her. She sighed before we all trudged outside to her car.

Jack had called shotgun so Addie sat in between Shawn and Cam in the backseat, which I thought was hilarious.

"Since I'm driving, I'm in control of the music. So, Jack plug my phone into the aux cord and play She Looks So Perfect by 5SOS because I'm feeling basic as fuck!" I shouted as we pulled out of the driveway. {im not saying 5sos is basic, meredith is. i fuckin love 5sos}

-

Forty-five minutes and a whole 5SOS album later we arrived at Dr. Jamieson's office.

I think Addie was just glad to finally get out of the car, I mean I would be to if I had to sit back there for that long.

Jack and I walked inside with our hands intertwined. Cam, Addie and Shawn behind us.

I went up to the receptionist and told her my name and she told us to sit down and wait.

It usually wasn't a long wait.

"Meredith?" Dr. Jamieson smiled as she emerged from her office.

"Is it okay if my friends joined us?" I asked as we all stood up.

"Of course." She said as we all followed her into her office.

We all sat on the large couch across from Dr. Jamieson, Jack and I were sitting in the middle. I was holding his hand just playing around with it out of nervousness.

"So, Meredith why don't you introduce me to your friends here." Dr. Jamieson smiled looking at each of them.

"This is Cameron, Shawn, Jack and Addie. They just arrived in Baltimore yesterday." I smiled.

"Oh, these are the four you told me about last week?" I nodded.

I knew she was gonna make each of them talk about something, so I just kinda sat back as she asked each of them questions.

-

"Meredith, hold on can I talk to you alone for a second?" Dr. Jamieson said as everyone else went outside.

"I observed you the entire session and I noticed something, the way your face lights up when you're around your friends. It is in my professional opinion if you moved back with them, because I know for a fact your depression could easily go away. So please think that over with you mother and get back to me as soon as possible. I will also give her a call about it." I nodded before skipping outside.

"Well you look happier, what did she tell you?" Shawn laughed.

"No reason!" I lied as we all got back in the car.

"Let's go to chipotle." Jack suggested.

"But you hate chipotle." I said raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, but you like it and I like you." He said leaning over and kissing me. {oh fuck that was cliché}

"Oh my god, I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit." Cam said jokingly.

"Haha, shut up." Jack said turning to face him.

"How about you both shut up, that sounds great." Addie said pushing Jack back into the front.

I just rolled my eyes as I started driving to the nearest chipotle because I'm starving.

-

"Mer, why did I get a call from you doctor saying that you should move back with your friends?" My mom said as we all walked in the house.

A huge wave of panic rushed through my body, I have no idea what to tell her.

"Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit." I muttered.

"Meredith. I asked you a question." I could hear the click of her heels, as she got closer.

She walked around the corner and in that moment I swear I would rather jump out of a moving train than be in this situation.

"Oh what the fuck?" She asked as she saw Cam, Jack, Shawn and Addie.

"Surprise?" I asked nervously.

"This was all your idea wasn't it Meredith? To get them to come here and 'rescue' you. It's not going to work, I'm not letting you leave that easy Meredith. As for you guys, I want your shit out of my house now." She said looking at all of them.

"Hey, I hope you realize that Meredith is nineteen years old, not twelve. So technically she doesn't have to listen to you." Shawn said matter of factly.

"Okay, fine. She can leave but it's not she has any money to keep her steady." She scoffed.

"Wait, what do you mean? Last time I checked my bank account had enough money in it to support a five person family." I said in confusion.  {this bitch is loaded. or was}

"Oh, yeah. I used all that to buy this house." She said like it was nothing.

"You what?" I asked, my blood starting to boil. I was ready to punch her. I don't care if she's my mom or not.

"Yeah, I took your credit card and you know used it." She said taking off her heels.

Isn't that considered fraud?

"Hey, hold on here. You can get thrown in jail for that." Addie spoke up. She should know, her mom's a lawyer.

Her mom's a lawyer.

"As long as none of you brats tell anyone I'll be fine, so back to my point. Get the fuck out of my house before I call the cops." She sneered before going into the kitchen.

"Addie, call your mom right now." I said as she pulled out her phone calling her mom.

"AS for the rest of you, help me pack up my most important things, we're getting out of here tonight." I said as the boys followed me upstairs.

I grabbed two backpacks and a purse, and we all shoved whatever I thought I needed in them. Turns out I don't really care about 80% of my stuff.

Once everything was ready we went back downstairs, my mom had gone in her room so I literally could leave and she couldn't do a thing about it.

I wanted to tell Ryan where I was going though.

"Here, put these in the car. I'll be out in a minute." I said to the boys and they all nodded and went outside. Addie was still talking to her mom.

I quietly tiptoed into Ryan's room, where he was sitting at his desk studying or something.

"Hey, Mer. What's up?" He asked putting his pen down and spinning around on his chair.

"I'm leaving." I said as he had a confused look on his face.

"What do you mean?" He asked. Jesus, was I not clear?

"I'm going home, I'll call you when I get there but I need to, mom basically stole all my money. I don't feel safe around her anymore and neither should you. So if you can, buy your own place and get out of here. Okay? I'll call you, but for now I love you." I said before running out of the house. Everyone was in the car, so I hopped in the back with Cam and Jack.

"Let's get out of here."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

127K 1.7K 55
//Currently editing// Read at own risk, this was my first ever book I have ever written so it is a bit bad. Amelia Jackson is a 18 year old who just...
16.5K 158 32
Due to a dark secret from her past, Trin is severely depressed and suicidal. And it doesnt help when her family moves to Nebraska. Until she runs int...
Stay By kait(:

Fanfiction

2.5K 23 28
Ali's just a 16 year old girl with ALOT of problems in her life. She's got parents who don't care about her at all,a 17 year old brother who bullies...
32.7K 569 34
Lexi gets bullied by Magcon. Theres nothing she can do. Her best friend Riley is always by her side. Soon, one of the boys feel awful of what hes bee...