Chasing the Bad Boy

By keepingitreal15

Lizzie Carter is your 16 year old stereotypical spoiled little rich girl from New York who has a tendency to... More

Preface
Meet Lizzie Carter
Begging Daddy
Surprise
Dinner
Stormy Night
Alone with Him
New School
Friends and Enemy
Revenge
In The Woods
Love Notes
Danger
In The Mansion
Caught
The Talk
It's On!
The Party
Demands
Dating THE Bad Boy
Flirting
The Visit
Halloween
Meet The Grandparents
Flashback
The Call
The Photo Shoot
A Girl Named Sophia
True Love (side story)
Christmas with Sarah
Oh Granny
X is for Xavier
Set-up
Unexpected
A Life Without Him
Chase Me
The Last Part

Valentine's Day

4.2K 123 15
By keepingitreal15

When we came back from the holiday vacation, nothing much happened. In fact, January breezed by without anything important happening. We went on our normal routine as the school opened up. Of course, Liam and I were still devastated about what happened to Sarah. It affected me enough to ask my Dad to donate a million dollars to the orphanage where Sarah used to live. Dad was ecstatic about the idea, he loves helping people. Dad also agreed to continue giving financial support to the orphanage as long as we got money. Boredom washed through me as we got back to school, except during the 14th of February. Every couple was excited while I was seating there in the cafeteria, examining my nails.

So I guess everyone’s expecting me to be excited for Valentines right? Well, no. I mean, what would I expect from my…Liam?  Was he even my boyfriend? Well, I was the one who asked not put a label on our relationship so I got no right to complain about it. Anyway, Valentine’s Day doesn’t excite me that much. The only exciting part is seeing girls receive grand surprises from their boyfriends and watching them get fat because of the chocolates given to them. Anyway, it’s just another day for me to get through.

As I was examining my nails, I noticed Sean who was sitting beside me, kept on fidgeting. I wasn’t supposed to call his attention but it irritated me.

“Hey Sean, stop fidgeting.” I called out.

He stopped and stared at me. “Sorry?”

I rolled my eyes. “I said stop fidgeting. Where’s your mind at?”

“Sophia…Valentine’s…surprise.” He said mindlessly.

“Oh cool! What’s your surprise for her?” I asked.

“That’s the problem. I don’t have one.” Sean mumbled under his breath.

My eyes widened at this. “What the hell, Sean, what the hell?! I expected this from Liam but not you!” I almost shouted.

He clamped his hand over my mouth. “Lower your voice! I don’t want Sophia to know.” He looked around nervously.

I slapped his hand away from my mouth. “Fine, fine! Thank me because I just thought of something you can do before the day ends!”

“Really?” his face lit up.

“Yes, I’m going to help you but I’m still disappointed in you.” I snapped.

“Sorry, I tried to think of a surprise for days but that didn’t work out too good for me.”

“I can see that. Why didn’t you ask help from me days before?” I asked, exasperated.

“I didn’t think of it.” he nervously chuckled.

“What a genius.” I rolled my eyes. “Buy a bouquet of flowers and a bear. Girls love that shit.”

“Wouldn’t those be cliché?” he countered.

“Who’s the girl here, Sean?” I snapped.

“Sorry, sorry.” He held his hands up in mock surrender.

“Good, I didn’t say that would be all. Just do that for the meantime. I’ll take care of the rest.”

“Okay. Thanks, Lizzie! I’ll order a bouquet now.” he hugged me then ran off.

I rolled my eyes again. Boys. Ella and Eric were obviously in a janitor’s closet somewhere, making out. They didn’t even show up for lunch, those hormonal teenagers. I wonder how Ella doesn’t even get pregnant with the number of times they’re doing it in a day. I shuddered at the mental image of them creating babies.

As for Liam, well, the guy’s known for disappearing like a ghost so I wouldn’t even bother to look for him. I need to help out Sean first. I walked out of the cafeteria and went to the field. I looked around and spotted the guy I was looking for.

“Ethan!” I called out.

Ethan looked up and smiled at me while waving. I walked up to him.

“Hey Lizzie, what can I do for you?” he asked.

“Can you help me out with something?” I asked in a pleading voice.

“Sure. What is it?” he wondered.

“I’ll tell you about it later.”

“So is everything ready?” I asked Ethan and Sean. They nodded at the same time.

“Good. Where’s Sophia?”

“In her favorite seat, reading a book.” Sean exclaimed.

“Aren’t we gonna get a detention for this?” Ethan asked.

“Nope, trust me. I got your backs here. I already paid the librarian.”

We silently walked to Sophia, unnoticed by her. As we reached her side, Ethan started playing the guitar and I sung my heart out. Her head snapped up to Sean who was holding out a bouquet of roses and a life-size teddy bear. Everyone’s attention turned to us.

“Four-letter word but I don’t have the guts to say it

Smile till it hurts, let’s not make it complicated

We got a story and I’m about to change the ending

You’re perfect for me; you’re more than just a friend

So we can just stop pretending now

Gotta let you know somehow…”

Sophia jumped and hugged Sean as Sean hugged her back.

“I’ll be your shelter; I’ll be your storm

I’ll make you shiver; I’ll keep you warm

Whatever weather, baby, I’m yours

Be your forever, be your fling

Baby, I will be your everything…”

Sean spoke, “I love you baby girl. Happy Valentine’s day!”

“Thank you! Thank you, I love you too!”

As they kissed, I grabbed Ethan’s hand and dragged him out of the library.

“Hey thank you for helping me out.”

“No problem.” He said. “Hey can you walk with me to the field?”

“Is that all?” I asked.

He nodded and I agreed. As we walked to the field, I saw people gathering at a spot.

“What’s that about?” I asked Ethan.

“Let’s go see.”

We squeezed in ourselves through the crowd and saw what the fuss was all about. I saw a couple of people, including Ella and Eric standing in a straight line, each one was holding out a paper with a letter on it. I read the message:

I L O V E Y O U !

“Who is this for?” I asked Ethan who’s also reading the message.

He shrugged.

I looked back to the people. Ella caught my eye and smiled. I gave her a questioning look.

They brought out another paper with a different letter on it then they rearranged themselves and 3 more were added in the line.

W I L L Y O U B E M Y …

“Where’s the continuation?” I wondered out loud and turned to Ethan then found Liam kneeling on one knee instead.

I froze as I heard Ethan playing the guitar and singing Little Things of One Direction.

Liam handed me a red rose and a heart-shaped Ferrero Rocher. I took it from him, dumb-founded. He was smirking at me.

Then I caught on what’s happening. The surprise was for me.

I read the message written on the paper he’s holding:

 …GIRLFRIEND?

“OH COME ON, LIZZIE, ANSWER HIM!” Ella shouted.

I snapped out of it and nodded, not finding my voice to say yes.

The crowd cheered and Liam stood up as he swept me off my feet and kissed me.

"Didn't expect this from me, huh?" he smirked.

"Nope." I croaked as I finally found my voice.

"Still have a bad impression of me?" he asked.

"Not anymore. Is this why you haven't been around the whole day, you've been fixing this?" I asked, feeling excited.

"No, I've been flirting my head off with cheerleaders." He rolled his eyes.

I slapped his arm.

"Sorry, bad joke." he apologized. I giggled.

That's when I noticed the crowd around us. I glared at Liam.

He sighed and said in his sexy deep voice, "SHOW'S OVER, MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS, PEOPLE."

People immediately backed off and walked away, leaving the two of us alone.

Ella and Eric walked by us. Ella looked at me and mouthed, "Be safe." the same time I caught Eric mouthing, "Condom!" to Liam.

I blushed furiously. Liam just chuckled. They walked off.

"Thank you. This is the first time someone put so much effort on me."

"This is the first time I exerted effort on someone."

I giggled flirtatiously.

"You're free tonight?" he asked.

"Always." I whispered as I grabbed his shirt and kissed him to oblivion.

Author’s Note

And that’s how I was surprised last Valentine’s Day (except the kissing part and he asked me if I wanna go to prom, not be his girlfriend, but whatever). Lol. Sorry for not updating. March has been a busy month. I had my finals, graduation day, prom and application to other universities. Anyway, sorry for the long wait. I’ll update as much as I can. HAPPY APRIL FOOLS’ DAY, BY THE WAY! :))

Love lots,

Mad

All Rights Reserved 2013 © keepingitreal

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

135K 4.5K 52
• • • C O M P L E T E • • • •BOOK 1 OF THE LOVING 5SOS SERIES• Won't give up, even though it hurts so much. Every night I'm losing you in a thousand...
1.6M 44.3K 32
A little nerd with a big secret what happens when the bad boy want to find out
20K 490 30
If you want to be a bad girl, then you've got to rock the look and the attitude. It's all about having fun, living an exciting life, and being confid...
423K 4.5K 8
Ever tried spending days with someone you're supposed to despise? Well, meet Brenda Hoffman. She works for a company that tours their staff annually...