Mortal Kombat x Male Reader

By WilliamHarley0

Long ago Outworld waged a war against Earthrealm and attempted to take control over our world, led by the dar... More

Bio and Characters
Chapter 1: Johnny Cage
Chapter 2: Sonya
A/n
Chapter 3: Scorpion
Chapter 4: Cyrax
Chapter 6: Jax
Chapter 7: Smoke
Chapter 8: Sub-Zero
Chapter 9: Kitana

Chapter 5: Liu Kang

73 3 2
By WilliamHarley0

The tournament saw death and betrayal. It saw tremendous fights after tremendous fights, but now it was time for the final stretch between Earthrealm and Outworld. The Shaolin monks chose Liu Kang as their chosen one, the person who would defend Earthrealm against the tyranny of Shao Kahn, but he would be challenged against the very best Outworld has to offer to make his way to Shang Tsung.

Shang Tsung: Kombatants! I present this latest creation of Shao Kahn.

The guards were walking in with someone in between them. This warrior, if used properly, would win the tournament for Shao Kahn and the merging of Outworld into Earthrealm.

Shang Tsung: He is many warriors, their souls fused into one being. Behold... Ermac!

The warrior named Ermac brings his hands over one another, circling them around as a green hue covers his body. Johnny and Jax share a cautious look as Kano looks over to Kitana and lightly chuckles.

Raiden: Be wary, Liu Kang. He is unlike anything you have fought before.

Liu Kang was the last fighter for Earthrealm, and winning these fights would save them from the mergining of Outworld and their own realm.

Shang Tsung: [Liu Kang approaches] Liu Kang! You are the sole Earthrealm warrior to progress to this final stage of the tournament!

Liu Kang: I am ready.

Ermac: We are many. You are one. We will destroy you.

0:53/3:41

Liu Kang makes quick work out of Ermac, winning yet another fight for Earthrealm.

Liu Kang: Earthrealm will not fall into your master's hands.

Raiden and Kung Lao are pleased with the way Liu Kang is progressing in the tournament and join him, then everyone from Earthrealm proceeds to leave the room. Kitana walks up to Shang Tsung, ready to receive her orders.

Kitana: He is a greater threat than anticipated. I will ensure he does not reach the final challenge.

Shang Tsung nods, giving Kitana her orders and watches as she follows Liu Kang, who makes his way to the gardens to train. He slowly perfected his teachings, with the help of Raiden, of course.

Raiden: Remember Bo' Rai Cho's teachings. For my vision to be realized, you must not let emotion overpower you.

Liu Kang: [Curious] Your visions. What causes them?

Raiden: My future self sent them to me. Perhaps to ensure some outcome.

Liu Kang: Or to prevent one.

Raiden gasps, receiving another vision. This one during his fight with Shao Kahn, only to hear himself mutter something.

Future Raiden: He must win!

The vision ends and Raiden remains quiet, before finally speaking about what he saw.

Raiden: He must win. Those are my last words before I die. [Looks to Liu Kang; confident] I believe it is you who must win. [Takes amulet; shows to Liu Kang] This amulet was forged by the Elder Gods. It cracked here in the present after my first vision. If we choose wisely, the future will be secured and the cracks healed.

Liu Kang: I trust you will make the right decisions.

Raiden: We must trust in the Elder Gods, Liu Kang.

The Thunder God teleports away, leaving Liu Kang to process all that he's been told, only to be met with Kitana. She attempts to attack, but the Shaolin student dodges her attacks and pushes her back. She once again tries to strike, but Liu Kang kicks her away, stopping her for a second time. Kitana starts getting frustrated and goes for a third attempt, but Liu Kang just takes her fists in his own hands, forming a smile on his face.

Liu Kang: [Impressed] You're good! Show me more.

Kitana: [Pushes him back] Do not underestimate me, Shaolin.

5:49/7:17

Liu Kang relishes in his victory, but it wasn't the match he was impressed with. With each attack, Kitana only showed great strength, which he was pretty fond of.

Liu Kang: I am impressed.

Kitana: [Sits up; holds her head down] Do it.

Liu Kang: [Confused] Do what?

Kitana: Kill me.

Liu Kang: Why would I do that?

Kitana: I came to kill you. I have failed my father. My emperor.

Liu Kang: [Shocked] Shao Kahn is your father?!

Kitana: I have disgraced him. You must kill me.

Liu Kang: I will not. This encounter never took place. You have disgraced no one.

Kitana watched as Liu Kang stood and left her, confused as to why he was being so nice after learning about her relation to Shao Kahn.

Liu Kang: [Turns to her; smiles] I hope we meet again. Under different circumstances.

Kitana glances at the ground, but eventually looks back to Liu Kang, forming a smile on her face. She was shown kindness to someone whom was considered her enemy, but now finds it hard to see Liu Kang as anything different. The tournament continues as Liu Kang, Kung Lao and Raiden make their way to the arena, ready for the next match. Liu Kang and Raiden stop in the middle of the ring and bow to one another, showing each other their respect before the last fight before the confrontation with Shang Tsung.

Shang Tsung: Kombatants! Only one Earthrealm warrior remains. The Shaolin Liu Kang. Is he ready to bear such a heavy burden? Earthrealm's fate is in his hands. Your opponent will be... Scorpion!

The specter appears from the fires of the Netherrealm, ready to combat against the power of Liu Kang, who stands across from him, ready for the challenge.

Liu Kang: I do not fear you, demon.

Shang Tsung: Fighting with Scorpion... the sorcerer Quan Chi!

A portal appears behind Scorpion as Quan Chi appears from it, chuckling as he approaches his partner. Liu Kang was definitely surrounded in this fight, but he was willing to go through anyone Shang Tsung brought forward to free Earthrealm from the terror of Outworld.

Scorpion: You have already lost.

10:39/13:11

Although the odds were stacked against him, Liu Kang prevailed against the team of Scorpion and Quan Chi, staying in the tournament for one final match, slowly making his way to fighting Shang Tsung.

Liu Kang: As I said, I do not fear you. I pity you.

Shang Tsung was growing tiresome at the sheer force that Earthrealm shows in the tournament, but was ready for the fight against Liu Kang.

Raiden: [Liu Kang approaches] You have done well. But the tournament is not yet over.

Liu Kang: Goro.

Johnny Cage: [To Sonya; confused] What's a Goro?

Sonya was confused by Johnny's question, but shrugged her shoulders, however, Liu Kang was ready to face Goro nonetheless.

Shang Tsung: Liu Kang... [Liu Kang nods to Raiden] it has been years since an Earthrealm warrior has progressed this far. But the reigning champion is far beyond your ability. [Liu Kang takes breath] To the Lair with you!

A portal appears underneath Liu Kang's feet and drops him down, into the very depths of the island and into Goro's Lair. He lands on the ground hard, then proceeds to look around. He notices a chair in the room, but turns to the sound of Goro of the Shokan behind him.

Goro: I did not expect to fight in this tournament. But eventually even the Shaolin produce a warrior worthy of a Shokan.

Liu Kang: I know who you are! I am ready for you!

Goro: I will give you a warrior's death.

14:37/16:47

Liu Kang: It seems the Shaolin trained a warrior greater than a Shokan.

The Shaolin student brings his hands together and takes a breath, relishing in his victory against Goro. The portal returns as Liu Kang looks at it, ready to return to his friends. They all waited to see who would approach from the final fight: Goro of the Shokan or Liu Kang of the Shaolin, when all of a sudden, the young Shaolin warrior approaches, seemingly without a scratch.

Liu Kang: [Turns to face Shang Tsung; ready to fight] Shang Tsung! Only one fight remains! Face me... in Mortal Kombat!

Shang Tsung: So be it.

17:46/19:13

Shang Tsung lays on the ground, defeated in Mortal Kombat as Liu Kang celebrates his victory for Earthrealm. Now was the time everyone wanted, however.

Liu Kang: [Walks up to Shang Tsung; determined] Say it.

Shang Tsung: [Sits up; looks down] I concede.

All of Earthrealm cheers for Liu Kang. Kung Lao, Nightwolf, Sonya, they all cheer for their ally.

Raiden: He has saved Earthrealm.

A light covers the room, then the rest of Earthrealm's champions approach Liu Kang, showing their support and joy for his victory against Shang Tsung. The warriors of Outworld walk into a portal back to their realm, but Kitana looks to Liu Kang and draws a smile, appearing to be happy for him. He nods to her, understanding what that smile meant, but gets drawn to Raiden as he approaches. They bow to one another, feeling glad to have made it this far, but Raiden takes a look at his amulet. It cracks even more, which upon seeing, the Thunder God gets a slightly shocked expression on his face, unable to understand why, after so many victories in Mortal Kombat, his amulet would crack even further.

Word Count: 1503

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 134 15
Two years after Shao Kahn's defeat, the Earthrealm has to face an old new enemy : the Fallen God Shinnok. Raiden, the Thunder God, and Sakuya, the Na...
18K 380 21
This is the final part of a three part series i'm making. Raiden has killed Shinnok, but this causes a chain reaction that calls upon a new threat t...
6.6K 149 18
Edenia. Another realm taken by Shao Kahn in his quest for complete dominance. Earth Realm is next, as the tournament that will decide the realm's fat...
661 78 35
This is the third story of The Deal. A portal opens up between the Outerworld and Earth. Emperor Shao Kahn, ruler of the mythical Outerworld, pounces...