Chapter 5: Liu Kang

The tournament saw death and betrayal. It saw tremendous fights after tremendous fights, but now it was time for the final stretch between Earthrealm and Outworld. The Shaolin monks chose Liu Kang as their chosen one, the person who would defend Earthrealm against the tyranny of Shao Kahn, but he would be challenged against the very best Outworld has to offer to make his way to Shang Tsung.

Shang Tsung: Kombatants! I present this latest creation of Shao Kahn.

The guards were walking in with someone in between them. This warrior, if used properly, would win the tournament for Shao Kahn and the merging of Outworld into Earthrealm.

 This warrior, if used properly, would win the tournament for Shao Kahn and the merging of Outworld into Earthrealm

Shang Tsung: He is many warriors, their souls fused into one being. Behold... Ermac!

The warrior named Ermac brings his hands over one another, circling them around as a green hue covers his body. Johnny and Jax share a cautious look as Kano looks over to Kitana and lightly chuckles.

Raiden: Be wary, Liu Kang. He is unlike anything you have fought before.

Liu Kang was the last fighter for Earthrealm, and winning these fights would save them from the mergining of Outworld and their own realm.

Shang Tsung: [Liu Kang approaches] Liu Kang! You are the sole Earthrealm warrior to progress to this final stage of the tournament!

Liu Kang: I am ready.

Ermac: We are many. You are one. We will destroy you.

0:53/3:41

Liu Kang makes quick work out of Ermac, winning yet another fight for Earthrealm.

Liu Kang: Earthrealm will not fall into your master's hands.

Raiden and Kung Lao are pleased with the way Liu Kang is progressing in the tournament and join him, then everyone from Earthrealm proceeds to leave the room. Kitana walks up to Shang Tsung, ready to receive her orders.

Kitana: He is a greater threat than anticipated. I will ensure he does not reach the final challenge.

Shang Tsung nods, giving Kitana her orders and watches as she follows Liu Kang, who makes his way to the gardens to train. He slowly perfected his teachings, with the help of Raiden, of course.

Raiden: Remember Bo' Rai Cho's teachings. For my vision to be realized, you must not let emotion overpower you.

Liu Kang: [Curious] Your visions. What causes them?

Raiden: My future self sent them to me. Perhaps to ensure some outcome.

Liu Kang: Or to prevent one.

Raiden gasps, receiving another vision. This one during his fight with Shao Kahn, only to hear himself mutter something.