Chapter 9: Kitana

Kitana, after disobeying Shao Kahn, went to the Wastelands of Outworld to calm her nerves. However, she was followed by her close friend, Jade, who was worried for her safety.

Kitana: [Judgmental] Is this how you show your loyalty, Jade?

Jade: Kitana, I--

Kitana: You follow me when I clearly wish to be alone, then you upbraid me? I will not be scolded like some child!

Jade: You need to be careful. I have never seen your father this angry with you. [Kitana walks away] You are a princess. He expects more from you than this.

Kitana: [Stops her] I know what he expects!

Jade: We will talk later. When you are in more of a mind to listen.

Kitana watches as Jade walks away, only to be left near the ocean to think about what she said to her. It's obvious Jade just wants what's best for her as her friend, but at the end of the day Kitana was her own woman and she was old enough to look after herself. Raiden, Johnny Cage and Smoke eventually come into the area and see her, standing in front of them with her back turned.

Raiden: [Approaches] Princess Kitana. I request an audience.

Kitana: Earthrealmers! You dare approach me?

Johnny Cage: [Trying to reason with her] Hey listen, honey, we don't wanna fight.

Smoke: But we will if we must!

Kitana: You will learn respect!

0:46/3:09

Although it was 2-against-1, Kitana made quick work of Smoke and Johnny Cage, even after Raiden was trying to be nice and have a friendly conversation with her.

Kitana: [Prepared to fix mistake] Shao Kahn wants death to follow kombat. I will give it to him.

Raiden: [Johnny Cage groans; approaches] Perhaps Liu Kang was wrong about you. Or perhaps he sensed, as I do, that there is conflict within you.

Raiden assists Johnny Cage, who rolls his arm around.

Johnny Cage: Thanks. [Cracks neck] Ow. You couldn't've seen that in one o' your hot flashes? [Walks away]

Raiden: Something whispers to you that circumstances should be different. That you should be different. You are much more like Sindel than Shao Ka--

Before he can finish his sentence, Raiden gets yet another vision, this one being of Kitana's Edenian mother, Sindel. She was rumored to have left Kitana at a young age and died, but it's just a rumor.

Raiden: [Speechless] But... she is dead...

Kitana: [Nods] My mother is dead, yes. Why do you--

Raiden: [Suggests something] You need answers, Kitana. I can help you find them, if you will trust in me. Go to Shang Tsung's Flesh Pits. Much will be revealed there.

Kitana: The Flesh Pits? But I am forbidden to--

Raiden: [Nods] Yes. You are. And why is that?

Kitana: I... don't know. Tell me--

Raiden: You must discover your true path. Alone.

The Thunder God walks away, leaving a confused Kitana to process this meeting with him. She understood why Raiden couldn't help her, but to find the answers she's looking for, she needs to search for them in the Flesh Pits. She is currently walking through the Living Forest on her way to the Flesh Pits, when all of a sudden, she senses a familiar presence.