Chapter 6: Jax

After failing to prevail in the rules of the Mortal Kombat tournament, Shang Tsung and the followers of Outworld returned to their realm, being met by a furious Shao Kahn.

Shao Kahn: You failed me! Five hundred years I have waited! Now I must wait five hundred more!

Shang Tsung: My lord! All is not lost!

Shao Kahn: [Scoffs and turns away] Curse the Elder Gods and their tournament! I should have taken Earthrealm by force! [Sits at throne] But I am bound by their rules. Rules that cannot be broken.

Shang Tsung: [Trying to plead] My lord--

Shao Kahn: Kill him.

Baraka and Reptile plan to do just that, and at their emperor's command, but not before the sorcerer can come up with one final plan for Outworld.

Shang Tsung: But what if the rules were changed?

Shao Kahn: [Stops them] Kitana!

Kitana stays in place and Shang Tsung sits in anticipation, hoping to get some of Shao Kahn's good praise back. He doesn't have to wait long, however, because the emperor soon realizes that the rules could change.

Shao Kahn: Continue...

Shang Tsung gets sort of a smile on his face, knowing the emperor of Outworld will let him live long enough so he can listen to what his subordinant has to say. Meanwhile, in Earthrealm, Liu Kang stands in front of his fellow Earthrealm warriors and the Shaolin monks, then bows to Raiden, who bows in return. Upon receiving the bow from his mentor, one of the Shaolin monks walks up to them, granting Liu Kang a medallion.

This medallion proves that Liu Kang not only is the winner of the Mortal Kombat tournament, but also that he is the one and true chosen one

This medallion proves that Liu Kang not only is the winner of the Mortal Kombat tournament, but also that he is the one and true chosen one. Once Raiden takes the medallion, he puts it around Liu Kang's neck and is happy to give him such a prize, and the Earthrealm warriors and Shaolin monks, thrilled to cheer in his honor. After receiving the medallion, Liu Kang and his allies all celebrated a well earned victory over Outworld at the Shaolin temple, but Raiden is conflicted, trying to further understand why the amulet cracked after Liu Kang defeated Shang Tsung.

Raiden: [Speaking to Jax; confused] I do not understand why my amulet is further damaged. He must win... If not Liu Kang, then who?

Jax: [Equally confused] Ya got me... Not sure anyone coulda done what he did. Made Shang Tsung look like a chump.

At the mention of the sorcerer, he appears to the side of Raiden and Jax, only much younger than when he held the Mortal Kombat tournament.