Not with a Whimper, But with...

By Sara_Reed

Emerson Cooper and Christian Clark have both lost and gained a lot in their lives together. As an unknown ene... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Important Author's Note!!
Chapter 6
Author's Note
Author's Note (Yes I know, I'm sorry)
The 2013 Watty Awards
Explanations
NEWS

Chapter 4

504 15 4
By Sara_Reed

After a few hours at the spa getting mani pedi's and getting our hair done we're all ready. I'm putting on lipstain when my phone goes off.

"Hello?"

Hi princess.

"Hi."

He chuckles deeply, Are you all ready?

"Yes."

I have something for you.

"You always do," I sigh, "You try spoiling me."

I enjoy spoiling you.

I sigh and he says, You should answer the door.

"What?"

It's then I hear the knock.

Opening the door up reveals Christian, dressed in a mint shirt, almost the color of my dress, a black blazer and dark jeans. I take his hand and drag him in as Jude, Will, Ben, Channing, and Cole come in. Christian pulls me into his arms and cups my chin, "Hi."

"Hi," I murmur.

He takes my phone from my hand and pulls me to his chest, and then, after shoving my phone in his jean pocket slides his hands down my hips and around to my behind, pressing himself into me. He brushes his nose along my jaw. 

"Mm you smell good," he murmurs, "Is that a different perfume?"

I nod, "Yes."

He sighs appreciatively and uses his teeth to graze my collarbone, "Can we just go to bed?" he says huskily into my ear.

I sigh and wrap my arms around him, laying my head on his chest, wishing that we actually could.

"You are not stealing my maid of honor," I hear Avery say.

Christian frowns and kisses the tip of my nose as Will says, "You two really can't keep your hands off each other huh?"

I give him a dirty look and then bury my face in the crook of Christian's neck as he says, "I just happen to like spending time with my girlfriend. Nothing wrong with that."

He kisses my shoulder and says, "Come on, I have something for you."

He leads me into the kitchen and pulls a small box out of his jeans handing it to me. I sigh and take it from him, "More jewelry?"

He smirks and kisses my forehead, "Just open it."

I open the black box and find a set of white diamond and sapphire studded earrings, "Oh Christian."

"You like?" he asks quietly.

I look up at him and kiss him gently, "I love them. Thank you."

He brushes his nose against mine and says, "I picked them up this week."

"They're perfect."

He grins and leads me over to the mirror. I carefully put them in and as I look in the mirror he stands behind me. His arms around my waist as I say, "At this rate I'm going to need to upgrade my jewelry armoire."

He grins, "Actually, I was looking at plans for the house and the closet needs redone. There's a plan for one with drawers and stands for jewelry, and a makeup stand. We'll look at them next week with Jude and Avery."

"Em?"

I turn to see an upset Avery, "Av what's wrong?"

She frowns, "That house I showed you? It was bought out from under us. It was perfect."

"Do you know who bought it?" Christian asks with a frown.

She bites her lip and shakes her head while glancing at me, "No."

I narrow my eyes, "You're lying."

She sighs and crosses her arms, "It was Grace."

My jaw drops, "Why would Grace want a house you were looking at?"

Avery takes a deep breath, "Because before me Jude was seeing Grace."

Christian's eyes widen, "What?"

Avery bites her lip, "I wasn't suppose to say anything. He made me promise because he thought that...that Christian was seeing her."

Christian's jaw tightens, "I was keeping an eye on her, I never slept with her."

Avery nods, "I thought you had better taste than Grace," she looks at me, "She's been bothering Jude, trying to have lunch with him and stuff. He doesn't want to see her and she's upset that we're engaged."

"Does Jude know that Grace bought the house?"

Avery shrugs, "I don't think so, Violet called while I was getting ready."

I frown, "How could Violet possibly know that Grace bought the house?"

"She called me and told me she overheard Grace talking about the house to her sister or something."

I frown, "Sister? Grace has a sister?"

Christian frowns and shakes his head, "I thought she was an only child." 

"Me too," Avery says with a shrug, "But Violet swore that she heard Grace call the girl her sister."

I look at Christian and he says, "I wish I knew who this girl was."

I frown, "We'll figure it out when we get back. We can look at her list of visitors."

Avery nods, "It's not even important, it's just...weird."

Christian nods and then turns to me, tilting my chin up, "I'll see you later tonight right?" he asks quietly.

I nod and kiss him gently, "Yes."

He kisses me back and slides his hands down to my hips again, "You look incredible," he murmurs raking his eyes over me.

The mint green dress was hugging my curves, and the dark blue belt was around my waist. He cups my chin and places a light kiss on my lips again before saying, "I love you."

"I love you too."

He leads me to the living room and the guys say, "Come on Christian."

He frowns and kisses me again, "If you need me-"

I press my finger to his lips and shake my head, "I'll be okay. Go have some fun."

He pouts and kisses my fingertip, "You too baby."

As I down a shot with everyone else I nudge Jessica. She looks at me and frowns and as I nudge her again she turns her head to look at where the manager stands. 

"Think we should take her back yet?"

Jessica shakes her head, "Let's get part of a margarita in her, then she'll be ready." 

I grin in agreement and we both break into giggles as Jessica calls the waiter over.

A half hour later we're dancing around Avery. As she grabs me by my hips we grind to the music until we each have an arm slip around our waists, "Hello ladies, did you make an order?" the guy grins.

Avery looks him up and down and grins at me for a second before batting her lashes at the guy, "Maybe we did, maybe we didn't. Depends on the package."

I almost spit out my drink, but manage to swallow it, and the guy chuckles, "My name is Juan, I'd be more than happy to lead you to your party room ladies."

Avery grins, "Lead the way."

The seven of us end up in the back room, which was still open to the club, but had a special section just for us. A stage for the strippers and seats for the bride to be, the maid of honor, and the bridesmaids. 

As Juan comes up to Avery and I he brings along a friend, "Avery, Emerson, this is my friend Julian."

Avery grins at me, "Which one do you want?"

I roll my eyes at her, "It's your bachelorette party." She grins and yanks on Juan's tie, pulling him closer as Julian moves in closer to me.  

A while later we're both dancing with Juan and Julian when I feel arms wrap around my waist from behind. I slide my hands over the hands on my hips and recognize Christian's hands immediately. I start to turn but he nips at my ear, "It's okay."

I tilt my head back and look at him, "What are you doing here?"

He kisses my jaw and slides two things into my hand. One is velvet, and one is a folded bill.

He smirks at my expression and I bite my lip, "Where?"

"Here," he says huskily nibbling on my earlobe.

"Here?!"

"Shh," he murmurs rubbing my hips, "Here. No one will see. I promise."

I feel myself relax slightly at his words and gives me a shy smile, "Trust me?" he asks quietly.

"Always."

He drags me away from Avery who looks a little surprised by the sight of Christian and leads me to the back wall, over to the corner by a table where I had my drink sitting. Before I can ask what he's doing he picks me up and sets me on the barstool, moving the oddly shaped triangle seat into the corner. He presses himself into me and has me wrap my legs around his waist.

He takes the small velvet bag from my hand and pours out the duotones into his hand, "Are you ready for this kitten?"

I gulp and look at him, "What if someone sees?"

His expression softens and he shakes his head, "Do you think I'd risk anyone else seeing what's mine?"

I shake my head, "No Sir."

He smirks and brush my hair back, "I'll be careful. Where I'm standing no one can see. And we're in a club baby. No one really cares."

"I care," I say quietly.

His gaze softens again and he brushes his nose against mine, "I won't let anyone see," he pulls the sides of his blazer out and blocks my body from view, "My legs are blocking yours, no one will see baby girl."

I nod and he says, "Open your mouth Emma."

I open my lips for him and he slides one of the duotones into my mouth before taking the other in his own. He grins and gives me a playful look with his bright blue eyes. The eyes that still made me melt.

***Christian***

Her green eyes were bright and hazy with lust as I stared into them. She was tipsy, but I liked tipsy Emerson. 

As I pull back and tug the duotone from her mouth she whimpers. I slide my hand up the short skirt of her dress and run my finger down the lace panties she has on, tugging them to the side and running my finger down her sl!t, I groan in appreciation. She was always so ready, so wet, "Fuck kitten, you're so ready."

She lays her head on my chest as I nuzzle her neck, "Christian," she moans into my chest, "Oh please."

I gently rub her swollen bud and she clutches at my shirt, "This okay kitten?" I murmur.

She nods and looks up at me, completely lost, "Please. Don't make me wait."

I chuckle and kiss her gently, "I'll let you come kitten. But you have to be quiet."

She nods and slide a finger in before applying all the pressure I can on her cl!t. She lets out a little moan and shakes against me, withering in pleasure. As she takes a deep breath she looks up at me and blinks, coming to her senses. She blushes and buries her face into my neck, "I can't believe I just..."

I pull back and kiss her gently, "There is nothing to be ashamed of, don't clam up on me."

She bites her lip and looks up at me, her green eyes wide, "I don't know if-"

I shake my head, pressing my thumb to her lips, "We don't have to play."

She frowns and then pouts, "I want to, it's just..."

"Sensitive?" I offer with a smile.

She nods and I kiss her gently, "We can play tomorrow princess."

She shakes her head and grips my wrist, "Please. Please Sir."

I kiss her jaw and slide my finger back into her, "You sure baby?"

She nods, "Yes Sir."

I take the set of duotones out of my palm and gently slide the first one in. She squirms against me and buries her face in my neck, breathing hard and whimpering from the sensation. I slide the second in and make sure she can pull them out with the string if she needs too before taking the velvet bag and sliding it into the top of her dress, planning on sticking it in her bra until she can get her clutch.

"Where's your bra?"

She bites her lip, "Um, I can't wear one with this dress."

I shake my head at her, "If we were alone I'd take you over my knee right now."

She pouts, "I have the pasties on." 

I sigh and kiss her gently, "I'm still spanking you later."

She lays her head on my chest and wraps her arms around my waist, "Don't go yet," she says quietly.

I kiss the top of her head and hold her tightly, "I won't baby, but I'll have to soon."

She sighs and looks up at me, "Why aren't you with the guys?"

I shrug, "I wanted to see you, and strippers aren't really my thing, and I have you. I don't think it's right."

She looks up at me surprised, "You left because of me?"

I nod slightly and she smiles cupping my face, "Have I mentioned how much I love you lately?"

I chuckle and kiss her gently, "Hmm I don't think so."

"Well I do," she murmurs, "Very, very much." 

I kiss her cheek, and unfold her hand from where she clutches my t-shirt, "Now while I don't like strippers, that doesn't mean I don't want you to have fun."

She eyes the folded bills, one hundred dollars in singles to be exact, "You actually want me to use this?" she asks with a laugh.

I pout and kiss her gently, "Only if you want to. But," I say with a smirk, "You can always use them on me later."

She eyes me playfully and says, "Hmm what's an appropriate tip for a stripper? I could go in fives...I could make this last for twenty nights."

I chuckle and tilt her chin up to look at her, "My mischevious little kitten."

She grins and kisses my cheek, "I'll go have some fun now."

I pout and feel her slide money into my hand, "But you deserve some fun too."

I look down and realized she handed me half of the singles, "Em-"

She presses her finger to my lips, "No aruging Mr. Clark."

"Mmm Miss. Cooper, always causing trouble."

She smiles at me and I pick her up, setting her down, "I love you Emerson."

She tugs on my blazer and kisses me gently, "I love you too Christian."

"Have fun," I murmur.

She sighs and nuzzles my neck for a moment before pulling away reluctantly, "How have I ever managed one night away from you?" she asks quietly.

I sigh and kiss the top of her head, "I don't know Em, but we'll be together in a few hours. I love you baby girl."

She let's my hands go and lets me lead her back over to her friends where I place a firm kiss on her lips and brush my nose against hers, "Be a good kitten for me."

Her eyes brighten and I grin affectionately at her as she does to me, "Go," she instructs blushing.

I chuckle lightly and kiss her cheek, "See you later baby."

***Emerson***

As Christian leaves Pearl says, "Did I really just hear Christian Clark call someone kitten?"

I blush, "It's just a nickname."

Avery grins, "Aw Emerson he has a nickname for you that is sooooo cute!"

I frown and Matea says, "I thought Christian's pet name for you was princess. That's what I heard him saying at the-"

She stops talking and I say, "At what?"

She bites her lip, "At the hospital, when he was sitting with you. I meant to tell you before this, I've just had the chance. He was being stubborn. Wouldn't shower and take care of himself. He was just sitting with you and holding your hand and muttering about how he was going to show you how much he loved you and that he was so sorry he hadn't told you before." She takes a deep breath, "Cole is the one that finally persuaded him to take a shower. He said if you woke up and saw him like that it would only upset you. He even went to the penthouse and got clothes for Christian."

I frown at the thought, Cole had always taken control, that's what had attracted me to him all those years ago, and he was always taking care of people. That was the other reason. And it was also the reason I had been attracted to Christian.

I look at Matea, "No one mentioned that."

Matea nods and frowns, "I know, my parents waited in the waiting room, Christian was really upset with my mom and he didn't want to upset you." 

Avery squeezes my shoulder and Juan and Julian come up with a tray of shots, "Courtesy of Mr. Clark," Julian says smoothly with a wink at me.

I blush and Jessica grins as they hand us each a shot.

I down mine quickly and pull out my phone from my dress to see a text from Jude.

Thanks for the present Emerson. Remember, payback is a bitch.

Included is a picture of the female...err male stripper and Jude. Another picture is of Jude slapping Christian over the head as he and Will laugh hysterically. 

I quickly type back, Loooooooooooooooooooove you new bestest friend. ;)

I look up to see Avery frowning, "I want ice cream. Ooh I want dippin' dots!"

I give her a look like she's crazy and then she grins, "And then we can visit the next floor and tease the heck out of our boyfriends."

Avery slips money into both Julian and Juan's tight black pants with a saucy grin and then drags me out behind her. As we're walking through the club she says, "Okay, what were the two of you up to in that corner? Julian made me look and it looked like you were completely flustered and absorbed in one another."

I bite my lip as I wait for the man to give me my clutch and I say, "Nothing much."

"Emerson!" she scolds, "Come on, please tell me."

I sigh, letting the alcohol filled brain take over, "He asked to um...play."

She looks at me wide eyed, "Wait like tying up stuff?"

I nod slightly, "Kind of...but not tying up. More like...toys."

Her jaw drops, "What kind?"

I shrug, "Duotones."

She grins, "Jude has used those, I love those things. Wait...did he...in the club?!"

I shrug and blush, "Yeah."

Her eyes widen, "Weren't you afraid somone would see?"

I shake my head, "I trust Christian. If I had thought for one second he'd get some sick pleasure out of someone seeing I wouldn't have let him do it."

She frowns, "Em, I know this is going to sound awful but how can you still trust Christian?"

I mirror her frown and shrug, "I just do, it's emotional and physical and I know he'd never intentionally hurt me. I know he loves me, I've known since day one."

My own words hit me like ice, I did know.

Avery's gaze softens, "Just realized it huh?"

I nod, "Yes."

As we finish up our dippin' dots I spot a costume store and Matea and I share a grin. Avery follows our stare and grins as her eyes light up, "Oh! I want to go!"

We all saunter in and as the girls look at the feathered boas I look at a sign with a camera. The girl behind the counter pops her gum as she looks at a magazine and I say, "Excuse me, you guys do the picture here? With the old dresses and stuff?"

She nods, "Yep," popping her gum she says, "Bachelorette party?"

I nod, "Yep."

She grins, "We got some cute stuff too, lets see what we can find." 

Almost two hours and thirty saucy and slightly dirty pictures later I'm paying at the desk with Jessica. As I hand the girl my card she looks at me, "Aren't you Mr. Clark's girlfriend?"

I nod slowly, "Let me guess, my big shot boyfriend instructed to decline my cards tonight right?"

She nods with a grin, "Yes, but his brother, Jude, told me to listen to you."

I laugh and say, "Then swipe that card."

Jessica sighs, "He'll just stop the payment."

I shrug, "At least I tried."

As we walk back in to the club I spot the guys and slip up behind Christian. As I slide my hands around his waist his goes to grab my hands immediately and says, "Hi princess."

He pulls me around him and picks me up so I have to grab onto his arms. I kiss him lightly while I slide a picture into his back pocket.

As I pull back he reaches in and pulls the photo out. As he looks at hit his eyebrows raise and he looks at me, "Been busy?"

I grin, "Kind of."

"Are there more like this?"

"Maybe."

"I hope so."

I laugh and nip at his lip, "Maybe you'll get them later."

He grins and kisses me again, "Maybe we can get some photos done of just you and me." 

I look at him surprised, "Really?"

He nods and brushes his nose against mine, "I have a camera," he grins and tilts his head to the side, "I don't mind trying new things with you."

He sets me down and kisses me again, gentle and long this time. As I look up at him I say, "What if someone got a hold of them?"

He shakes his head, "They won't. I promise."

I bite my lip, "How can you be so sure?"

He frowns and brushes his knuckles against my cheek, "I've never told you this," he says quietly, "I took pictures of my subs. For insurance purposes." His frown deepens and he says, "The pictures are in another safe I have. In my closet. It's behind the shelf of shoes. It sildes out and I keep the contracts and the nondisclosure agreements."

My jaw drops and he almost looks ashamed, "I should have told you. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

I shake my head and cup his face, "It's okay, I get it," I say quietly.

He shakes his head and kisses me gently, "I'm so sorry princess," he murmurs.

I let him pick me up and carry me over to the couch where he sits with me in his lap. As I curl up in his arms I hear Jude say, "When the hell did you put that on?"

I grin as Avery bats her eyes at him, "Em helped me put it on. But I'd like you to take it off."

Jude looks at me and Christian snakes his hand up my dress to my thigh. He groans, "Emerson."

I grin at him mischeviously and kiss his cheek, "Yes Mr. Clark?"

He gives me a firm kiss on my jaw and moves so quickly I don't know how he's ended up on his knees in front of me with a wicked grin.

I hear Avery squeal and realize Jude is up her skirt, pulling the garter down. I pout at Christian and his grin grows, "Open your legs Emma," he orders.

I listen to him and open my legs for him, as he moves in he nips at my leg, trailing his fingertips up my leg, "Delicious," he mutters. I thread my fingers through his hair and he finally reaches the garter, tugging on it with his teeth and pulling it down my leg. He looks up at me once he slides it past my knee and down to my ankle and winks with a grin before slipping it off over my heel. 

I ruffle his hair as he leans forward to kiss me and as his hands tangle with my own I pull the garter from his grasp, sliding it on his head. He pouts at me and I giggle, "Very cute Christian."

He grins and kisses me again, "Mm think I'll be able to do that officially one day?"

I nod slowly, wrapping myself around him as close as I can get, "Yes."

He smiles shyly and nuzzles my neck for a moment before saying, "You seemed unsure before, now you don't. Not that I'm complaining but why?"

I shrug, "Because I just know you're mine."

He sighs and hugs me tight as our friends laugh together. I glance over at the them and see Jude twirling Avery around. Christian places a light kiss on my cheek, "They really love each other huh?"

I nod slowly, "Yeah, I think so."

He rests his forehead against mine and kisses my jaw, "I think your brother is getting friendly with Kelli."

I frown at the thought and he says, "You should talk to him so he doesn't do anything stupid. I takled to Ethan. He wasn't playing with her, that's why he slept with Victoria."

My jaw drops, "You talked to him?"

He nods, "She was upset, and she's your friend."

I kiss his nose, "Will you talk to Ben? I'm his little sister, he won't listen to me."

He sighs and nods, "Of course."

I enjoy his lips on my neck for a moment before he chuckles, "I left a mark on you earlier. Did you know that?"

I frown and turn to look in the mirror behind us. Surely enough on the right side of my neck, right at my collarbone and neck was a hickey, thankfully it was hidden by my hair, "Christian!" I scold.

He grins, looking like a happy teenager, "I love you?" he offers.

I pout at him, "How am I suppose to hide that at work?"

He shrugs and grins, "I don't know. Don't?"

He pulls me into his lap and stands up with me as I pout at him. He then leads me out to the dance floor and sets me down, "Now how about you forget my claiming mark and have some fun with me?"

"Claiming?" I question turning in his arms so my back is to his chest.

His arms circle my waist and he chuckles deeply, "You're mine, and now everyone knows it. That's the only way I could claim you in a place like this without a real ring. Half the women in here have rings, but half of them aren't real. It's so men will back off." He trails his fingers over the hickey and says, "This makes men back off of my girl."

Only my territorial, loving Christian Clark could make that sound loving and not possessive. I sigh in his arms and he kisses my jaw, "Face it baby girl, you're mine, and you love it."

My stomach churns at the thought, I was his, and I did love it, and he knew it. He knew just how much I loved him.

I just had to remember to trust that Christian would never use my love for him against me. And as I think about that he kisses my cheek, "I love you with all my heart Emma," he murmurs, "Always have, always will."

I smile happily and lean back to kiss him gently, "I love you too Christian." I pause and squeeze his hand, "As long as you're all mine."

He gives me a serious look and yanks the garter down so it's around his neck, "All yours," he says gently.

Yes, all mine.

A/N: You guys, I am soooooo sorry. This past week has been incredibly long and stressful, between taking my mom in for dental work and baby sitting my four year old niece for three days straight I'm exhausted. And to top it all off I woke up sick this morning. I have a terrible sore throat, and I think it might be strep. But I finished this chapter up for all of you because I know it's been almost a week since I last updated.

I hope you enjoy this chapter, hopefully there will be more soon if life doesn't get in the way.

xoxo, Sara

Continue Reading