Chapter 3

Friday morning flies by and before I know it I'm meeting Christian and Matea in the foyer of EmaVee.

As we slide into the car he says, "I have some amazing news," with a huge affectionate grin.

"What's that?" Matea asks tapping away at her phone, not even bothering to look up.

He gives her an irritated look and says, "The deal for the building next door went through. I know EmaVee is small right now and I want to combine the two buildings and I was thinking we could make EmaVee into EmaVee Inc. Like with Harvey Inc. One big company controlling it all."

"Wait," I say slowly, "Isn't it technically one company already?"

He shakes his head, "No, In fact they're two seperate companies. But if we make it one we don't have to worry about EmaVee Records."

I nod in undersanding and Matea says, "Who do you mean by we exactly?"

He grins, "I'll help set everything up and then it's yours. Both of yours."

This was even bigger than giving me EmaVee Publishing itself, and he knew it. 

Matea nods excitedly, "Oh yes! Christian that is perfect! Have I ever told you you're the best big brother ever?"

He rolls his eyes and then looks at me, "What do you think princess?"

I lean over and kiss his cheek, "I love the idea. But I know you Christian. You're still looking for the other half."

He bites his lip, "I am. It's had a number of owners. I'm trying to figure out who it went to after a man in Chicago bought it. I haven't been able to get a hold of him."

Matea frowns, "How long have you been trying?"

He shrugs, "Since the plane crash. I got the news right after." 

I frown, "Why didn't you tell me?"

He frowns back and cups my cheek, and smiles sadly as I lean into his touch, "I didn't want to cause you anymore stress baby."

I frown at him and shake my head, "I hate it when you don't tell me things because you think I'll freak out."

He brushes his nose against mine and pouts, "I'm just trying to take care of you."

I sigh and say, "I know," before resting my head on his shoulder.

As the plane takes off Christian holds my hand and lets me squeeze his, "How did you fly on your own last weekend?" he asks quietly as our friends talk.

I shrug and kiss his cheek, "I don't know."

He brushes his lips along my jaw and then slides one hand onto my knee, "You going to change once we can move?"

I nod, "Yes."

He smirks and slides his hand up my leg, "I'm going to help you. Put some use to that bed."

I roll my eyes at him and he chuckles, "Christian, you are-"

He leans in and kisses me, and as we hear, It's safe to take off your seatbelts now, he undoes mine and pulls me over into his lap.

I slip my arms around his neck and Jude says, "You'd think those two were the ones about to spend a night apart."

"Technically they are," Avery says, "Seperate suites."

I break the kiss and brush my nose against Christian's as he quietly says, "I don't want to spend the night away from you."

"We'll have tomorrow together at the hotel," I say.