Monster Under The Bed (Charli...

By mrmrrouge

"He's mine, he just doesn't know it yet." Charlie possessed the most sought after power in the universe yet n... More

List of Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Not An Update - Title Change
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22

Chapter 13

875 33 12
By mrmrrouge

Author's POV

10 years ago

"We've tried everything that we could but if he still can't control his power on his own then he wouldn't be able to touch anyone at all for the rest of his life.", one of the personal doctors of Theerapanyakul's family explained.

"For now the injection can only help subside his power but to remove it completely seems to not have been effective. It also have a lot of side effects if we kept using it on him even more since we can't detect what his second gender is yet. It might not be suitable if he ended up being an Omega. It could be dangerous for his body development."

"The only solution we have until he's under control of his own power would best be confinement."

Both Pete and Vegas looks devastated to hear such things. They've been doing everything they could ever since the incident of Paris killing all the hostages in the basement. He seems to have an understanding on how much power he holds and being the 12 years old kid that he is, he wants to test it. He wants to use it on anyone and everyone which makes them afraid that Paris will suffer the consequences later on in life.

Thus why he's now in a special room designated for him, one where he couldn't come out without his parents' fingerprints. Technically he's locked in and was forced to stay inside without being able to meet anyone unless necessary.

Power training, physical and mental therapy, medications yet nothing works for him.

It was a hard decision at first for his parents to lock him up like this but that's the only way for now. Vegas didn't want his child to grow up to be a monster, he wants Paris to have a normal life like any other kids does.

That's the reason why he kept Paris a secret from the world for such a long time especially in the line of Mafia clans since the enemies will always find ways to bring Theerapanyakul's clan down. That includes harming a child.

But it's inevitable for him to keep Paris a secret since he needs to go around looking for treatments for his child. There's too many rats even in the medical field to keep this a secret for longer.

"I might know a way to help your child."

Vegas who was sitting at one of the bench in his private garden turns around to find one of his worker who's holding a rake slowly walking closer towards him.

Being the vigilant head of a mafia clan, he stands up before reaching out towards his gun's holster, touching it just in case the man try to make any dangerous move. He have to always stay on guard.

"I came in peace, sir. I just have a preposition for you.", the man in his late 40s said before letting go of the rake to lift his hands in the air as a surrender sign.

"Speak.", Vegas answered.

"I heard that you've been having trouble controlling your son's power. It's seems like it's too dangerous for a kid to handle so you've been trying to find treatments, a cure, am I right?"

"Yes, where are you going with this? I don't have all day.", the head of mafia clicked his tongue annoyed.

"Just want to confirm about your son's power. He can absorb anyone's power through physical contact? Any kinds of power from any kinds of second gender?"

"We don't know that for sure but he seems to be able to absorb from me and my husband and we're both a different second gender. For now that's what we have."

"Amazing!", the man beams a little too excitedly. "I have a son who have a power to turn his senses on and off like he have a power button. Maybe if your son can absorb his it'll be able to help him control those powers."

It's a fresh new idea that caught Vegas' attention since he has never heard any like it before after going to various doctors and meeting so many people for the cure. Why does it not occur to him or anyone he's been talking to that there's the possibility of doing that?

But doesn't it seems too good to be true? What are the odds that his gardener have a son with that ability and him offering the solution to Vegas? Plus who would want to lose their powers? In the world we're living in now, even scientists who's not blessed with powers are digging for ways to gain it. There's even black market of selling people with powers to the higher up.

So why would he give up his son's power that easily?

"What's the catch?", Vegas asked skeptical.

Sensing the doubtfulness from his employer, the man quickly reassured him.

"I didn't mean harm to you or your family, sir. I'm just a poor gardener who's trying to get by. My wife left us because we're poor and I barely make enough to live due to my lack of education. My son is 12 yet he's never been to a school before because I couldn't afford it. His power is useless for a poor family like us who wouldn't benefit from it."

"So you want money in return? How much?"

"Giving us a sum of money won't be enough, sir."

"Then what do you want?", Vegas frown his brows.

"A guaranteed life with everything good in it for my son for as long as he live. A house big enough for his hobbies, an education, a job and a marriage.", the last word came out a little more notable than the rest.

"Marriage? My son is twelve."

"So does my son, sir. As a father yourself, you knew how much length we'll go for our child. This is my way of helping him securing his future. Of course the marriage is not going to be in the near future but hopefully after they both graduated."

As much as he wants to help his son, he didn't want to decide for his son's future. It's enough suffering that Paris has been through but if he didn't agree, his son might not even have a future.

"We don't know if this would even work. Paris has absorbed our powers but not fully, only about 40 to 50 percent so even if we go forward with this, it's not guaranteed that he'll be fully capable to control his power. It could just be one more burden for him.", Vegas explained his concerns.

"But if we didn't try then we wouldn't know, sir. If it doesn't work then I will take a sum of money and leave with my son. You'll never hear from us again but if it does work then please let my son into your family. I want him to have a life that I could never provide for him. A secured life in your family.", the man's eyes showed sincerity of an unsettled father.

It is better to have a planned future rather than not having a future at all, right?

Vegas holds out his hand towards the man. "I agree with one condition, we're doing this my way and if I find anything suspicious about you or your son. I will throw you both out right away but do not worry I will still give you a sum of money. If this work, fully. Then you have my word. Your son will marry my son."

"Deal, sir.", the man happily takes Vegas' hand into a handshake.

*****

With that agreement, the gardener and his son finally moved into one of the guesthouse in the minor family's estate.

Even though it's just a guesthouse, it's way bigger than the single bedroom house they used to live in. It has 3 bedrooms with en-suite bathroom each, a kitchen, a dining room, a big enough living space as well as a nice view of the garden.

Vegas has allowed the kid to use any facilities in their mansions be it the pool, the theather, the library, just about everything but the basement. It's heaven on earth for the twelve years old kid who grew up with nothing.

The boy stands behind his father as they reached the locked room, curiosity made him peeks his head to the side only to find a scared little boy cowering in the corner inside the room.

His father has told him that this boy need his power to survive and all he needs to do is to just let the boy touch him. It's as if he's a hero helping the the children in need. Being the innocent boy that he is, he's nothing but happy to help.

"Hi! I'm Dean! What's your name?", the boy bravely makes his way to the corner before crouching down infront of the scared kid.

Dean notice that the kid only looks at his dad while ignoring him before Vegas moves towards them.

"Paris, Dean right here have a power that you might need to be in control of your own power. He can help you and if it works you can finally go outside again without hurting anyone including yourself.", Vegas explained softly.

"Is it?", Paris finally speaks. "He will help me?"

"I will! I will help you so we can go out and play together.", Dean said happily while holding out his hand.

A small smile finally plastered on little Paris' sweet face as he reaches for the boy's hand.

"Then please help me, Dean."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.1K 285 9
I am writing this as the series was not enough for me...Let me write from my imagination...You can share your ideas as well...So Lets make this space...
168K 5.7K 46
Warning: This story contains mature content [MxB] and mpreg, which stands for MALE PREGNANCY; if you don't like mpregs, you're free to leave. Critici...
948K 46.7K 188
Almost two centuries had passed since vampires emerged from the shadows. After declaring themselves as the dominant species and for all humans to be...
39.7K 2.1K 67
A story of a vampire who fall in love with a innocent human does the destiny really wants to collide both worlds or they want something else from bot...