PINK ROSE

By Lekhikawrites

BOOK ONE OF ROSE SERIES #1 "I know I'm not perfect, I don't have a perfect body like other girls, I'm not as... More

Prologue & Note
Aesthetics & Playlist
~1.
~2.
~3.
~4.
~5.
~6.
~7.
~8.
~9.
~10.
~11.
~12.
~13.
~14.
~15.
~16.
~17.
~18.
~20.
~21.
~22.
~23.
~24.
~25.
~26.
~27.

~19.

2.5K 190 26
By Lekhikawrites

AAKRITI'S POV:

I glanced at time hoping to end this last lecture as soon as possible. I've never been this impatient but right now, tapping my foot under the bench and impatiently waiting to end these last few minutes, I was fidgeting with my fingers while listening to the last lecture on information architecture. This is my last year. After two months I'll finally graduate as a UX designer. I can't say I'm good at studies but neither am I bad.

But for the last few days, I've been facing a messed up schedule. I'm trying to focus on my studies but something is diverting me. It's annoying and I'm not even able to help it.

Sensing my impatient and avid behavior Khushali passed me a look, I sheepishly smiled at her knowing very well how much she knew me. Again, not paying attention to the lecture I again lost myself in my thoughts. It's been more than a week. I confessed something that I might regret later in the future but till now I'm not regretting anything. Or maybe I'm just trying to make myself believe that I don't regret it. Don't know but somewhere his silence made me feel upset, I don't want to show it either. I wanted an instant answer from him but I assumed something for us which only my brain assumed.

For a girl like me, who has never felt these unknown emotions before, it is not easy to comprehend my feelings. I just express what I feel or think. We share a really good bond and I'm okay with it. But, Something was stinging inside my chest, maybe the thought of his rejection or denial, and on top of that, he didn't say anything.

Finally, the lecture ended, I abruptly kept my things inside my bag and stood up to leave only to get hold back from Khush.

“At Least wait for me, Akku”, she blew, I nodded hastily.

We were about to reach our college gate but Khushaali suddenly stopped me and scanning me carefully she questioned,

“What's wrong with you Aakriti? Nowadays you're behaving weirdly, you don't even pay attention to lectures.”, I squinted my brows and looked down to make some answers to her.

“I'm normal, nothing has happened to me”, I let out while turning my gaze off to her, She looked at me with a scowl and said something which skipped my beat,

“So you're liking him?”, how does she know? My eyes widened, I gasped and tried to deny it.

“You know Aakriti, your face doesn't match your intentions”, what?? I was puzzled as I passed a confused look to her.

“What intentions?”, bellowed hastily.

“Don’t act like this Aakriti, I know something is wrong with you, You're hiding something from me” she pondered as disappointment lingered in her tone.

“Why would I do that, there is nothing like you think”, I tried to explain to her.

“So now you don't want to share anything with me ?” she blew, her gaze met with  mine, gently putting my hand on her shoulder,

“Khush listen…”, I was about to clear her doubt but my phone rang flashing his caller ID I snapped out of the moment. I smiled internally knowing he was waiting for me but returning to  a serious composure I accepted the call,

“Hello”,

Kriti? Where are you?”He inquired from the other side of the call.

“Just Five minutes, I'm coming”, I informed him, and he hummed in return. I kept the phone inside my pocket and turned my focus on Khush, who was passing me with grumpy looks.

“Listen”,

“No, we will talk some other day, You may go”, she let out a sigh and shrugged her shoulders. I was in an enigma, whether to say anything or leave, because I, Myself, was feeling the changes in my behavior from the past few days.

I took a breath before saying bye to her.

____________

I identified his car near the college as I walked towards it, maybe after noticing me, he opened the car door for me. I Thanked him with a smile as I settled myself into the passenger seat. He welcomed me with a soft smile on his face.

He had a microphone in his ear as he was talking to someone before my arrival. He passed me a bottle of water. I took some sips when the acceleration of the engine resonated.

“How was your day?” he inquired, as he changed the gear making his veiny hands flex from his forearm. I swallowed a breath and turned towards him with a smile, and my chatterbox began. He chuckled in between and even listened to everything carefully.

The car halted, making me pause at my words. We hadn't reached yet but when my eyes went off to the window I saw a huge building in front of me. I glanced at him, and when reached near me to take out my seatbelt, one thing more changed between us is that I don't get easily conscious or timid with his proximity. Now it has become familiar to me, to be close to him.

“This is Our office”, his devoid voice cut through the air as he unbuckled my seatbelt. My eyes furrowed as my gaze met with his cold one. Why did he bring me here? Before I could ask he moved out, came to my side of the seat, and opened the car door for me.

“I have some work. Will you wait?”, he insisted, I agreed with a nod he extended his hand to me. I took it gradually. He closed the door and held my hand in his. He intertwined our fingers, taking my hand in his. We both walked towards the entrance.
I downcasted myself and followed him.

The chilled air touched my skin when we went inside. But suddenly, I clashed with his back when he suddenly stopped midway.

“Anh”, I winced, scrunching my nose.

“Mere sath chalo”, he whispered to me and pulled me forward, to match his pace.

[Walk with me]

The corridors were silent but still clicking sounds and the chilled atmosphere was breezy. I tilted my head towards him, with a void expression. He had trimmed his beard and I didn't notice it in the morning. Shut up!!

He was still holding my hand, without doing anything his hold was making me feel secure. He entered some digits and the lift opened instantly, he gestured for me to come inside as he again clicked on the other digit. I didn't say anything, I only observed my surroundings. The Office was awesome, with perfect vibrant textures of walls. Everything was perfect!!

_____________________

As I entered inside, I was bawled completely. The Room was huge and spacious. I looked around in amusement. The choice of color was appreciable.

“Princess”, I heard his low cold voice as I turned back to look at him.

It's beautiful”, I genuinely appreciated it with a smile.

“You like it?”His eyes turned soft as he took one step towards me. He reached near me as his hand cupped my cheek. My eyes furrowed gazing at him. I nodded, and he chuckled.

“Will you wait? I have a little work”, he requested. I nodded with a smile.

“If you want to see the office you can or better you sit there”, he pointed towards the sitting area in his cabin. Office hai ya mini house. My brows widened, and I agreed again with a gentle smile.

It's been more than 15 minutes I'm sitting here like a stupid, he was engrossed in his looking at him like this I understood
one thing that he might have been a very sincere student in his school days.

“What happened Princess?”, suddenly he questioned, still looking at the laptop screen.
His gaze flickered towards me.

I'm getting bored”, I whined.

“Mai bahar jau?”I asked with hopeful puppy eyes, Now he can't deny me. He cleared his throat but before he could utter anything,

[ Can I go out]

“Please”, I pleaded, he huffed and said Ok.

I excitedly stood up and walked out. A smile played on my lips. Everyone was busy working sincerely. I was in a mid-hallway when My eyes went to a huge gallery, the cafeteria was attached to it. I walked towards the gallery only to get mesmerized by the view. The city looks even more beautiful than before, I took two or three pictures and enjoyed the view.

“Aakriti”, A sudden interruption, diverted my gaze.

“Bhaiya?”, I bellowed in surprise.

“Nakul bhaiya, Aap yaha?”,

[Nakul bhaiya, You here]

“I can ask the same”, he asked in amusement and walked towards me.

“Tum yaha kaise? Wait!! Yeh sab kya hai? Are you married?”, his eyes widened in surprise when he saw vermillion in my partition and nuptial chain around my neck.

[You here? wait? What's this? Are you married]

“Huh, it's a big story”, I chuckled trying to avoid the topic.

“You didn't even invite me”, he complained in fake disappointment. I chuckled simply.

“Aap yaha kaam karte ho?”, I asked with a hint of curiosity.

[You work here?]

“Fortunately, unfortunately, Yes”, he huffed.

“Tum yaha kaise?”, he implored.

“Actually..”,

“KRITI”, I turned to look at the source of the voice because I knew who it was. I turned only to look at his cold eyes, which were void of expression. His slow footsteps clicked on the floor as he walked near me. I was looking at him with a warm smile, as he stood and held my palm in his squeeze gently while captivating presence made me awestruck. Instantly bhaiya wished him Good evening and he didn't even glance at him instead he nodded at him looking at me.

“Chale?”, his low cold voice, turned me all timid again. I nodded as my smile faded looking at his cold stoic face.
I looked towards Nakul bhaiya, as I could see so many questions rising in my eyes as I looked at his “couldn't believe” expression.

“Byee”, I mumbled lowly, looking at Bhaiya as he returned me with a smile,

Byee Aakriti”,

“Ma'am”, his sharp voice cutting through the air as stated looking at bhaiya, I frowned, understanding the tension.

“Aakriti Ma'am”, he added. Shaking his head, Bhaiya agreed to his words.

“Don't you have work?”, he again questioned bhaiya as my hand started to tremble suddenly. Bhaiya went off from there. He took hold of my hand and we both walked towards the lift, I followed him.

“You know him?”His voice hasn't changed yet, which made me gulp and shiver at the same time.

I nodded nervously and lowered my eyes. Lift opened as he pressed some digits. He nodded without even looking at me.
We entered the lift, and my thoughts of the chain began. But what I decided was,

“He's Nakul Bhaiya, Didi and he used to work in the same company. I didn't know him, I used to go with Didi to some get-togethers or normal Birthday Parties of her colleagues…there I met…”, I spoke hurriedly which made me lack breath.

“Aakriti!! Calm down”, his voice turned calm and soft. He kept his hand on my shoulder calming me.

“Did I ask you anything?” he asked as lowered his head to my level. My breaths turned abrupt. Suddenly the lift door opened, informing us that we reached the ground floor.

He again took my palm in his hand as we walked through corridors till reaching the parking.

We reached our car but instead of letting me get inside, he held my hand more tightly making me stop in my tracks.

“Aakriti”, he called me the way he always calls me which made my heart flutter.
I turned towards him, he held the car knob making a cage between him and the car as his eyes bored on me.

“I can never doubt you, Aakriti
I'm saying one last time to you, I trust you.
You don't have to give me explanations”, he uttered in his crystal tone.

My eyes met with his, which were emotionlessly filled with some emotions. Cold yet caring. I shook my head in agreement as he tugged the loose hair strands behind my ears. I nodded anxiously.

We both settled down in the car, he buckled my seatbelt and the sound of gearing up resonated. Suddenly in voluntary motion, he took my hand in his hold, and he kissed the back of my hand. I smiled shyly, looking in the direction he passed a gentle smile and intertwined our fingers.

“Let's go somewhere”, he said, focusing on the road.

“Where?”, I asked timidly.

“Be patient, you'll get it soon Princess.”
_________________________________________

Hello, butterflies🖐️, I've completed the upcoming three chapters of this book to not delay the updates, If you want the next update soon then at least 20+ comments should be done and I'll update the next chapter tomorrow 👽😁

And there is one more surprise for you cuties😚 soon I'm coming with a new book 😁

Vote target 100+ votes ( nahi bhi kiya toh bhi update kar dungi )🥰

Thank you for your patience 🥰
With all love Lekhika ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 95K 60
[FEATURED] Shruti never had marriage in her life plan. For her, it was, ❝Shaadi aur bacche, dusron ke hi achhe.❞ (Marriage and children benefit only...
69.8K 3.9K 39
"She had a memory lost vihan" Aksh said keeping his hand in my shoulder. "And s-she doesn't r-remember you" shantanu said. I feel like my whole worl...
54.7K 1.9K 13
#𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤-𝟏 𝐨𝐟 𝐫𝐨𝐲𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 ✧ 𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐢 𝐑𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 ✧ It's story of Anshumaan ♡ Krisha 𝗞𝗿𝗶𝘀𝗵𝗮 𝗚𝗼𝗲𝗻𝗸𝗮 Krisha...
29.1K 1.8K 15
𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐬 𝐛𝐲 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠. 𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐬, 𝐢𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐚 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥 �...