For the Love of My Sister

Af _geelovatic

Isabella Lovato. Izzy for short but I'm guessing you only noticed the Lovato part right? Well that part doesn... Mere

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
NOT AN UPDATE
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
PLEASE READ
Chapter 41
Read

Chapter 28

1.6K 48 1
Af _geelovatic

Demi's POV

"Ms. Lovato" I quickly shot up from my seat hearing one of the doctors call my name.

"Is Izzy okay" I asked in a panic.

"She's awake. However Ms. Lovato I do need to know where you found Isabella, we found Flunitrazepam, better known as the date rape drug in her system. Which explains her not being responsive". the doctor continued to explain. 

"I um picked her up from the beach she was out with um friends" I stuttered in attempting to figure out how Izzy had ended up in this situation.

"Okay well its important for you to have the full details, she's awake now. If you'd like you can take her  her breakfast, considering we pumped her stomach she really needs some nutrients in her" the doctor informed me handing me a tray of hospital food.

"Okay thank you. Question? Why was it necessary to pump her stomach" I asked.

"Ms. Lovato have you considered enrolling Isabella in rehab. She had high levels of alcohol in her and numerous traces of various other drugs" he said causing me to almost drop the tray of food.

"Thank you" I simply nodded before walking in to Izzy's hospital room.

Izzy's POV

My eyes felt heavy as the bright lights blinded me. 

"What the hell" I thought to myself as a attempted to sit up taking notice of my surroundings. Why was in a hospital and what the hell were all these the wires connected to me. Wait why was I in the hospital.

"Hey" I heard a soft voice turning my attention to the door. Demi. Crap! "The doctor said you need to eat up" 

"Sorry" I barely whispered under my breathe, I don't know why I suddenly felt ashamed.

"Come on, you need to eat something" Demi said placing the tray of food next to my table revealing a very undesirable oatmeal.

"I think you're cooking is better" I chuckled causing Demi to slightly laugh too. 

"I can go find something else at the cafeteria" Demi smiled.

"Please" I smiled.

"Okay, i'll be back" Demi said making her way to the door. "And Izzy we're going to talk after breakfast" she spoke before closing the door behind her.

I placed my head back on my pillow sighing. I knew what was coming and I could feel my anxiety building up. Trying to to calm my nerves I closed my eyes.

" I found some fruit and cereal" I heard Demi chirp walking up to my bed. 

"Thanks" I said sitting up again. After throwing out the nasty oatmeal Demi fixed me some cereal. 

Silence overtook us as I began eating and Demi continued drinking her coffee.

"Mom is on her way" Demi finally spoke up.

"You called her" I looked up.

"Actually she called me, thats why I was looking for you in the first place" Demi spoke making me look back down at my bowl of cereal. "Why did you run away Izzy" she asked.

"I didn't run away" I signed. "I just needed to get away for a bit" 

"Okay that's understandable but why. Izzy what's going on" she said coming closer to me. I couldn't take it anymore I felt tears breaking to fall. I felt warm arms embrace me, which was all I needed to break down. Demi continued to comfort for me in till I was finally able to compose my self. 

"Sorry" I sniffled letting go of Demi's embrace.

"Hey its okay I'm just... "

"Izzy" a familiar voice cut off Demi.

"Michael!" surprised to see him I attempted to get out of the bed but instead he just came running to my arms.

"Do you know how fucking worried I was" he muffled in the crook of my neck as he embraced my tightly. 

"I'm sorry" was all I could muster out. During my time here I had completely blocked Michael out of my mind because I knew I was doing so many fucked up things, in a matter of a week I had managed to cheat on him with two other people and despite my complete ignoring him he was still here by my side.

"I couldn't say no to him" I over heard Dianna's voice.

"Sorry you had me worried" Micahel said finally letting me go and giving me a kiss on the forehead.

"All of us actually" Dianna chirped up. I looked at their faces trying to say something but all I could think of was to simply apologize.

"Hey mom, why don't we give the two love birds some alone time and I get you something to drink" Demi nudged Dianna. I knew Demi was about to talk to Dianna about me and what had happened, hell I still wasn't exactly sure why and how the hell I ended up in a hospital.

After they left the room, Michael snuggled up to me on the bed.

"Babe, what happened" he spoke softly fidgeting with my fingers. 

"I just needed to get away" I spoke staring up at the ceiling my mind racing with coming up with a good enough story to start telling everyone when they asked. 

"Why" worry laced in his tone.

"I think we should break up" I spoke catching him off guard.

"What are you talking about" he shouted sitting up.

"Look at me, you deserve someone so much better. You have so much going for you college... football. You don't need me holding you back and constantly worrying about." I spoke doing my best to rid the knot in my throat and tears threatening to spill again.

"You don't know what I deserve, and I say I deserve you" he said.

"Michael... I just..." I was cut off by his lips crashing on to mine. It was a desperate kiss almost as if he wanted to prove to me all of his love in that one kiss. "I'm sorry I just I can't keep hurting you" I said finally allowing a few tears to fall.

"I will never stop loving you" Michael spoke softly his forehead pressed against mine before turning around and walking out of the room.

Demi's POV

"Mom I think Izzy needs help" I spoke.

"I do too" she answered making me look up. "I know a bit more than you do sweetie I just didn't feel like it was my place, considering i'm not exactly her mother."

"Okay but she lives under your roof mom, why didn't you ever say anything" I raised my voice.

"I know I should have known better but I thought she simply liked to have a few smokes and drank only when she went parties. But these past few months I could smell it in her breathe she wasn't just drinking occasionally it was everyday. She even offered Maddie a taste if she would keep quiet about her stash in her bedroom" my mom sighed. 

"It's okay mom" I hugged her, I was just thankful we were on the same page on getting Izzy help. 

"Michael where are you going, is everything okay" My mom let go of me as we saw him pass by.

"Yeah. Mrs. DeLaGarza thank you for letting me come but I think i'm going to call a car and head back home, i'm not needed anymore" he faintly smiled. What the hell happened in that room no did they break up, I thought to myself. 

"Of course. But sweetie what happened why are you leaving" my mom asked confused just as much as I was.

"Nothing, just can you give this to Izzy the moment kind of faded" he said handing my mom a small gift box from his pocket. "I was supposed to be her graduation present from me but the jewelry took a long time fitting it" he added.

"I will" my mom smiled finally connecting the dots just like I had. 

After talking with my mom and making a plan on how we were going to approach the situation with getting Izzy into a rehab program. We headed back to Izzy's room to find a nurse helping her take out her IV's.

"She's all set for discharge I just need a few signature from you Ms. Lovato" the nurse instructed handing me a clipboard.

"Where are my clothes" Izzy asked standing awkwardly by the bed.

"Well you came in pajamas, so that's all I have" I answered cheekily.

"It's fine" she said grabbing the clothes from my hand and heading towards the bathroom trying to cover her backside. 

~~

"Finally home" mom spoke taking a seat in my living room.

"Are you guys hungry? I can order in something" I suggested joining my mom on the couch.

"I could go for some Thai food" Izzy chirped in.

"Sounds good, let me grab my phone so I can order" I hopped up.

As I ordered our food I looked over to the living room where my mom had switched couches and had Izzy laying on her lap while she caressed her hair. I never actually took notice at how close they have become. Izzy actually had become really closer to our family, everyone had a different bond with her even my dad. He claimed she was the most fun to watch sports with. It amazes at how much she had hidden from us with her drug and alcohol abuse, she honestly always had on this strong front and did a damn good job a hiding whenever she was under the influence. I just couldn't help but wonder what was going on in her head or better what demons where eating away at her that she felt the need to self medicate to such extremes. 

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

3.6M 89.4K 45
******************************************* "No. I think it's a great idea. Then maybe I'll get the Queen that I was promised, not some little prince...
429K 27.1K 91
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
432K 9.1K 36
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
2.7K 150 11
Henry wants to meet his birth mother. Although she is apprehensive at first, Regina agrees and arranges for them to meet. But why does it feel like R...