𝐑𝐮𝐢𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐚𝐥...

By Craftyrose_

"They call themselves, The Bad Batch" Genesis the first female clone is a defective clone with enhanced abili... More

A/N
Genesis
Thᥱ Bᥲd bᥲtᥴh
A dιstᥲᥒt Eᥴho
Oᥒ thᥱ Wιᥒgs of Kᥱᥱrᥲdᥲks
Uᥒfιᥒιshᥱd Bᥙsιᥒᥱss
Aftᥱrmᥲth
Cᥙt ᥲᥒd Rᥙᥒ
Rᥱρᥣᥲᥴᥱmᥱᥒts
Corᥒᥱrᥱd
Rᥲmρᥲgᥱ
Dᥱᥴomιssιoᥒᥱd
Bᥲttᥣᥱ Sᥴᥲrs
Rᥱᥙᥒιoᥒ
Boᥙᥒtყ Lost
Coຕຕoᥒ Gɾoᥙᥒᑯ
Rᥱsᥴᥙᥱ oᥒ Rყᥣoth
Iᥒfᥱstᥱd
Wᥲr-Mᥲᥒtᥣᥱ
Rᥱtᥙrᥒ to Kᥲmιᥒo
Kᥲmιᥒo Lost
Thank you!
Season 2 Style
Sρoιᥣs of Wᥲr
Rᥙιᥒs of Wᥲr
Thᥱ Soᥣιtᥲrყ Cᥣoᥒᥱ
Fᥲstᥱr
Eᥒtombᥱd
Trιbᥱ
Trᥙth ᥲᥒd Coᥒsᥱqᥙᥱᥒᥴᥱs
Thᥱ Crossιᥒg
Rᥱtrιᥱvᥲᥣ
Mᥱtᥲmorρhosιs
Pᥲbᥙ
Thᥱ Sᥙmmιt
Pᥣᥲᥒ 99
-Previously-
A Dιffᥱrᥱᥒt Aρρroᥲᥴh
Thᥱ Rᥱtᥙrᥒ

Pᥲths Uᥒkᥒoᥕᥒ

210 9 9
By Craftyrose_

Who would have assumed that the three remaining clones of Clone Force 99 would even be the remaining members of their squad. Who would have assumed that they were so desperate for information on Omega's whereabouts that they went after a Pyke syndicate member for an old acquaintance. But here they were, delivering said member to said acquaintance.

Entering what was assumed to be the main hall of the castle the three clones and the prisoner stepped forward onto a laser platform, guards surrounding the room. Roland, who still had his one horn missing, informed his mother that they were the mercenaries that they had discussed earlier.

"Such courage to demand an audience with me. You'd be dead if my son hadn't convinced me to consider your offer." Isa told them as Hunter pulled out the horn that was cut off.

"And we're here to deliver." Tossing it to Roland who looked rather pleased with the price. "You asked for the Pyke who disgraced your family."

"He's all yours."

"It won't be traced back to you. We made sure of it." Motioning to Genesis who had a smirk under her hood she now took up after she destroyed her helmet from pure anguish months ago. A brown leather poncho now sat over her armor that remained, her sword now dangling behind her, the tilt tilted to the side as it sat in its scabbard.

Despite the changes she still had the same fire in her eyes from her declaration that she was gonna kill hemlock and take everything that he built and burn it to the ground.

Isa ordered the prisoner to be taken below as the prisoner made a final remark at the crime lord as the doors slid shut, silencing the room except for Isa's sharp and threatening voice.

"Impressive. Your willingness to cross the Pykes shows how desperate you are. Tell me. Why is the intel you've requested of such value to you?"

"Dr. Hemlock stole someone from us. We heard your syndicate had the connections needed to find the Imperial's base." She frowned as Genesis had enough of the games she was playing, and she stepped forward, in front of her brothers as she made her presence well known to the woman.

"We've upheld our end of the bargain, now bring us what we require, and we'll gladly be on our way." She spoke with a sharp, yet calm voice as she stood her ground, clearly not intimidated by Isa. The others, clearly surprised in standing up to her even Roland was as it was very rare someone would challenge his mother.

The clone watched the Devaronian's fingers hover over a pair of buttons that sat on her chair's armrest before pressing one as a metal platform extended forward onto the laser platform as she then motioned for Roland to hand over the information as he walked across to them.

"Hemlock's whereabouts have been well guarded by the Empire, but one of our sources came across these coordinates linked to his laboratory." He pulled out a disc showing it to the clones as Hunter asked if this was verified.

"Take what you came for and go, before my generosity runs out." Isa added as Genesis spared one last glance at the Crime Lord before back at the disc. Considering the options they had left. Which wasn't much and this was one of their best shots at a lead.

Sighing she snatched the disc from Roland's hand as she said nothing and headed towards the exit, passing her brothers along the way.

The two said nothing as they followed behind her as this was her now normal behavior since what happened, nor stop Omega from going with the Empire. She had her moments where she acted like her old self, but now she was cold. More serious, more closed up then she was before... and in a way, they all changed.

Wrecker became more of a voice of reason for the sergeant and Genesis now that Echo had left to go help Rex once again. The anxiety grew more for Genesis and Hunter as they were now reaching a total of nine months, nearly ten of them trying to track down Omega and no end was in sight for them.

Everything affected the three one way or another, and they all knew that as the shift of nature on the Marauder had changed drastically, it was fully taken notice by them that they just simply accepted it without any argument.

Sitting in the co-pilot seat, Genesis was sharpening her sword as she had discarded her poncho on her seat as the reflection of the blue and white glows of hyperspace reflected off the sword onto the clone's face.

Revealing herself as she had cut her hair back all the way to a short undercut unlike her previous hair which fell down the side of her face.

Besides her new hair she noticed the bags under her eyes as this new Genesis that was present in the reflection was tired and anxiety filled to the point where she could snap any moment at another deafening blow to the trio.

She kept staring at the reflection until Hunter called her name, holstering the sword in the scabbard as she stood up and went over to him, silently motioning for Tech's datapad as he handed it to her.

Leaning against the console as she expertly navigated her way around it. Tech only taught Genesis the basics of how the datapad worked like following coordinates, nothing more.

"You know I could show you the basics." Genesis brought up as her brown eyes glanced up at Hunter as she handed him back the datapad. Tilting her head slightly.

"Will you let us find a new helmet for you if you do?" He asked as she turned away from her brother as she sighed, closing her eyes.

"I haven't touched the helmet or any other in six months, I don't deserve it." She plainly said, her eyes gazed down to Tech's damaged goggles along with the partly shattered helmet that she had smashed from her breakdown.

"And yet you still wear the armor." He pointed out as after a moment she silently nodded. He had a point there unfortunately. She was about to say something as her eyes caught the sight of Wrecker's Lula that he gave to Omega when she first joined. And immediately whatever she was gonna say disappeared from her mind as her mouth opened to speak, but nothing came out except a saddened whisper.

"You think we'll ever find her?"

"We will."

"Heard that before the last time we had 'reliable' intel." She scoffed, "It's been nine months. We've had leads that led us down a rabbit hole, eventually to a dead end, and ones that were just plain useless." She exclaimed as she stood up from her spot, staring down at Hunter.

The look, the anxiety stoic look he gave her had the clone sigh as that look alone reminded her that they were in this together for the long hale for the search for Omega. She sighed as one of her gloved hands ran through her short hair. "I'm sorry, I-"

"It's okay." He simply replied as she could tell it was an actual genuine acceptance as she bit her lip, nodding as she hummed. Thankful that Hunter managed to pick up on her attitude mood swings like that one for example as she would sometimes pick up on the expression thrown her way.

The two fell into a silence that was quickly disturbed by Wrecker's footsteps as he joined the two. "Echo said he and Rex need two rotations before they can meet us at the coordinates."

Sighing, Hunter's hand fell to the bridge of his nose, shaking his head as he stood up. "That's not good enough. We're going now." Wrecker stopped the sergeant with a hand on his armored shoulder.

"Hunter, the last time we stormed an Imperial base without backup," he peered up at Genesis, "not all of us made it out." Hunter didn't say a word as he passed the two as she frowned as they watched him take a seat in the pilot chair, Genesis followed suit, taking her place in her original spot as she moved aside her sword as she heard beeping sounds next to her.

"Omega's been waiting for us for a long time, Wrecker. I'm not making her wait another day." Pulling the switch the Marauder jumped out of hyperspace to be greeted by a green filled planet as they flew down into the atmosphere.

The planet was immediately giving off a swamp, jungle vibe as clouds covered the green-Ish hued sky all the way down to the tops of the trees that filled the entire surface you could barely make out the land below.

They landed the Marauder in a tiny open area surrounded by forestry, large trees covered in vines and the ground be covered in rather concerningly large vines also as they exited the ship. Genesis held Tech's holopad as she walked a few steps ahead as she heard Wrecker gag from the smell behind her remarking on how it smelt like rancid jotaz.

She frowned under the hood as she turned to the others. "Nothing on the scanners."

"The Empire could be jamming out sensors." Hunter suggested as she shook her head, not completely disagreeing with the idea but it seemed very unlikely as she spoke her counterpoint.

"It seems unlikely. If anything, the Empire would've picked us up whilst flying into the system. Unless they're quite covert with this hidden base crap." Murmuring the last part, she walked ahead through the clearing, the others following behind her.

The beeping from the holopad picked up as the three began following it, rapidly picking up it up she completely darted a different direction as she ran ahead, slowing down as the beeping grew rather faster as she ran in the direction the beeping went the fastest and loudest before slowly down in front of an overview below them.

Her mouth fell agape at the sight that was below them as she heard Hunter and Wrecker stop next to her. Below them stood an abandoned Imperial base covered in what looked like black vines to the point where you could only make out the shape of the facility. Barely making out the actual foundation of the building that wasn't concealed by the black vines.

"I'm gonna go out on a limb here." Genesis was the first that spoke up as Hunter checked out the infested base from the binocs. "She's not in there."

"That's Hemlock's lab?" Wrecker questioned aloud.

"Was."

"They destroyed it." Hunter confirmed from the close up look, managing to make out the ruins "Another orbital bombardment." Wrecker brought up the possibility that if Omega was here as Hunter quickly shut the thought down.

They weren't even sure if she was even present on the base before the bombardment. "The Durands' intel could be wrong." Genesis could tell that he was clearly trying to tell himself that, convincing himself that the intel was possibly wrong. She turned to him as he looked down at the base before coming to a knowing conclusion.

"Let's get down there and check it out."

✦✧✦✧

The three ran through the forest down to the lab before they eventually had stopped from the sound of branches rustling nearby that wasn't one of them.

"We're not alone." Hunter quietly informed them as the two readied their blasters as Genesis' hand fell to the grip of her sword as she observed the surrounding trees for any disturbances as two clone cadets jumped down with makeshift spears, pointed at them.

Wrecker laughed at the mere attempt to get them to lower their weapons and the fact that a blaster would clearly overtake a stick. "Wrecker." Genesis interrupted as her hand fell from the sword's grip as she realized who these kids were. "They're regs."

"And who are you?" The one next to Wrecker questioned as the two removed their helmets. Genesis slid the hood back, revealing their faces to the cadets.

"We're clones. Same as you." Hunter told them as one's stance calmed whilst the other said they didn't look like clones.

"They must be 99s." The other kid realized, "Defectives."

"Defective and effective." Rolling her eyes, Genesis sighed at Wrecker's comment as she stepped forward to the two cadets and asked in a calming voice asking a question, she knew they all had.

"What are you two doing out here?"

"What's it look like?" The kid with the piece of gear attached to the stick sassed back to her. "Surviving. Or trying to. No thanks to the Empire."

"They send you to finish us off?"

That's when it hit Genesis, they didn't realize that clones were being phased out. They didn't realize the horrible things the Empire was doing with the remaining clones. All they knew was that the Empire just turned on them. Nothing more.

Wrecker asked them if they looked like they were with the Empire as the cadets observed their armor and helmets, coming to the conclusion it wasn't something the Empire would allow given the faded coloring on the pieces.

"What do you want?" They questioned yet again as Genesis noticed them slightly easing up around them now that they've determined the three weren't with the Empire.

"We're looking for a young girl." Genesis explained, "She's like me. Like us. A clone. We think she was sent to the lab here."

"Never saw anyone like that, but Mox might know about her."

"He won't talk to them."

Sighing, Genesis' head fell slightly at the stubbornness as Hunter stepped up and practically begged to let them talk to this Mox person who might know where Omega was located. It practically hurt the two watching Hunter slowly ruin himself over trying to find Omega, Genesis knew exactly the feeling. And it wasn't helping that he felt it too.

"Stick to the trail. Follow our steps." Was all the one kid informed them of before adding, "And don't touch the vines."

✦✧✦✧

Following the kids through the thicket of the jungle the three adults listened to their story on how they ended up stuck on this planet and being left to fend for themselves. "When the Empire transferred us off Kamino, we thought we were getting more training. Instead, they made us prisoners. Took samples of our blood."

At the mention of blood samples, Genesis' hand went to her forearm where the scar of the IV that slowly drained her blood was attached back on Kamino. She noticed Hunter's helmet turn to her as her hand dropped, shaking her head. Her healing factor never quite healed that scar perfectly.

"Why? What was the Empire doing here?" He then practically interrogated the two cadets, not prying on Genesis' ghost of a memory as she ignored the slight pulsing of ghost pain the scar was giving off at the moment.

"Whatever they wanted."

"At least we escaped before they destroyed the facility." Then the sergeant asked if they had just been surviving on their own out here ever since the destruction of the nearby facility. Splitting up to go around a tree.

The two kids slowed down as the sound of a vine rustling as the one immediately with the gear attached to the stick turned around. Telling Wrecker to stop as the vine behind him moved.

"Wrecker, behind you." Genesis gasped at the sight behind them. The black-green vine began moving upwards as it raised itself up, alive on its own as the cadets dragged Genesis back who hadn't pulled out a weapon as her brothers pulled out their blasters at the conscious vine. Shooting at it the cadets yelled at them not to shoot it as it'll only get more hostile when they shoot.

"You mean it's not already hostile?" Wrecker exclaimed, backing up from the advancing vine.

"No!" More vines began trailing towards Hunter and Wrecker as one grabbed Wrecker from behind, letting out a scream, the vine dragged him to the tree, slowly dragging him up as Genesis pulled out her sword.

Quickly scaling up the tree halfway as she jumped off, slicing the vine holding onto Wrecker as she landed on her feet flawlessly as what sounded like screaming came from the vines as they shook violently as green smoke admitted from them as the vines shot away from the clones as the cadets ran ahead of the three before following behind.

"What was that stuff?" Wrecker panted as they ran a good few minutes away from the vine stuff, determined they were far enough away to rest for a minute.

"Slither vines. The Empire made it. It's some kind of experimental weapon, until they lost control of it."

"Probably why they ordered a Base Delta Zero on their own facility." They mentioned that they'll be save from the vines at the crag as they haven't spread there yet anyways as they directly reminded Wrecker not to touch anything.

✦✧✦✧

Nighttime had finally fallen as the group arrived at a crag that overlooked the wild jungle below as a clone cadet was moving around what seemed to be wood in a fire barrel as sparks emitted and an orange faded glow from the barrel. Mox looked up at the mention of his name as his eyes fell upon the three adult clones before shooting up from his spot.

"Who are they?"

"Clones. We found them by the overlook." Removing their helmets and hood, Genesis commented on the cave they got going on for their home as Mox asked what they wanted.

"We're looking for a young girl. She was taken by an Imperial named Hemlock. Her name's Omega."

Sitting back down on the crate Mox thought for a moment before telling them he never saw a girl in the lab before, but adding that he knows Hemlock. He told them that he was in charge of the facility until things changed. He explained that the Imperials started packing up and shipped out and that the three cadets made their move and escaped.

"We were the only ones who made it out before the orbital bombardment."

"Even the clone troopers left us to die. Said they were following orders."

Understanding what they had gone through as Crosshair was a prime example, despite him apparently turning against the Empire to warn the clones about Omega. But look how that went.

Hunter told them of a place where the cadets could go, a safe haven, but they first had to convince the kids to help them get in the base to find intel on Omega and Hemlock.

Talking between the three, one of the cadets told them that a control panel was still intact last time they scouted the area as he tried to get a signal out but no power.

"Can you take us there?" Genesis asked as the others protested, saying the whole lab is covered in slither vines, and that it was toxic.

"Stak's right. Going near those ruins is a suicide mission. You're on your own." They watched as the one who told them about the panel volunteered to help them as Stak tried to convince his friend to reconsider his choice as Deke's mind was clearly made up as he left the cave and the three followed behind.

"By the way. I'm Deke."

✦✧✦✧

Taking Deke back to their ship, Genesis flashed her light ahead as she lit up the ground every so often, looking out for those vines as she was using Tech's holopad to get them back to the ship.

"I can get you inside the ruins, but you won't be able to get anything from the console without a power source." Deke broke the silence, telling them about the ruins as Wrecker said they had the power source covered as they needed to grab something from their ship. "This clone you're looking for..."

"Omega."

"How long has she been gone?"

"Too long." Hunter stated before adding, "But we're not giving up."

"I wish the other clones felt that way about us." Deke admitted as Genesis' steps faltered slightly before returning to their normal pace. She remembered that feeling, she knew that feeling when she was a cadet. Being bullied by other clones for being defective and completely feeling isolated and alone.

But deep down she knew the others had her backs whenever she was pushed around. She could still remember Hunter and Crosshair getting into a fight with the other cadets for her sake. She almost smiled at the memory... back then, they were one family. Now, they were split, shattered in the ruins of this galaxy.

"You may be defective CTs, but at least you're loyal."

"We are." Genesis blurted out as she cleared her throat as she felt two pairs of eyes set on the back of her head as she swallowed a lump in her throat before pushing onto the ship up in the distance. The ramp lowered as Wrecker went inside to grab what they needed as Deke looked at like he'd never seen one before, noticing the scorch marks.

"Your skip has seen some action."

"Mostly during the war." Hunter explained, "And some after."

"I thought, one day, I'd be flying one of these on a mission. A lot's changed."

"It has." Genesis agreed sadly as she felt bad for the cadet who seemed interested in the future given before the Empire had taken real control over the cloning situation, the interest that he'd be flying a ship like the Marauder. The silence that then fell over the group changed as grunts escaped from Wrecker as he carried Gonky on his back with little to no struggle.

"Well, I've got the gear and the power. Lead the way, kid." Wrecker tossed two gas masks, one to Genesis and the other to Deke as she slipped on the mask as it activated right as it made contact with her face and the three followed the kid down towards the ruins.

✦✧✦✧

As the ruins of the laboratory grew closer and larger, the vines that consumed the ruins looked rather massive than the four, the front entrance wide open as the vines had slowed down in size, it still gave that eerie feeling like some monster was inside, waiting for prey to pounce on.

Avoiding the vines, Deke made it clear that the vines were everywhere. And he wasn't kidding as they grew all along the pipes, walls, and floor below them as they carefully stepped over the vines, careful not to awaken them. Right as Deke pointed that out, Wrecker stumbled slightly which earned a glare from Genesis.

Noticing that the vines every so often spat out some sort of fog residue. As they walked through an eerie corridor which kept Genesis on edge as her other hand sat against the hilt of her sword that sat behind her as Wrecker abruptly stopped at the sound of metal creaking before convincing himself it was all in his mind before catching up with the others.

"How much further is the console?"

"Hard to tell. More vines have spread down here. We had to stop scavenging the site because of it."

"Lovely." Genesis murmured before she asked what other experiments were going on in this place as Deke said it was nothing short of good, that they never told them what was going on.

Stopping the four turned to the sound of the slither vines growing down the wall, making a squishy, slimy sound as Gen and Hunter partially pulled out their bladed weapons as a roaring was heard from behind and Deke was grabbed by the ankle of one vine, pulling him back as the three ran after him, slicing the vines.

Genesis boosted herself off the wall to rid the remaining vines that began spewing out gas as the vines dropped Deke, pulling off his mask in the process as the cut vines screeched as they squirmed around in pain. Putting his mask right back on as the three adults dealt with said vines as they were kicked aside.

Making some remark about how gross this place was, Genesis shot around at the sound of something squirming behind them under some vines as some creature, with a mouth on the bottom of its body with completely deformed legs rose up and began shaking before it and another one ran from the light as they pulled their blasters out.

"Go! Keep moving!" Was all Hunter said before they got stopped by another one of those things, attempting to jump at the four it immediately got shot back as some black looking blood flew out of the body as it slid onto the floor before shooting back up again and scaled up the walls out of sight.

The four kept running as they followed Deke through the abandoned corridors, not looking back as they didn't want to stay and find out what other deformed experiment still resided in this lab. was in this lab.

✦✧✦✧

They arrived at an open section of the lab that had completely caved in on itself as the night sky glimmered above them as the stars watched them down below.

The sound of something before gurgling caught their attention as they glanced down with their lights to see some black liquid goo type bubble below them as the liquid let off the most grotesque smell ever as Genesis leaned back as she suppressed a gag.

It was obviously bad if Wrecker was even saying something about the smell as Hunter agreed with the two. Deke looked around with his light until it fell onto a console that was half covered by debris.

"There's the console. Come on." He told them as he jumped down onto a piece of metal that sat above the liquid, carefully scaling across as the others followed his footsteps, careful to not disrupt the debris that was situated in the perfect positions for them to get across.

Getting across, Genesis looked down at the liquid that bubbled from the movement as she heard the sound of metal being tossed behind them into the liquid below as it sank to the bottom.

"This liquid Hemlock's doing too?" She asked the cadet who shrugged, unsure.

"Not sure. But assuming with everything else here being an experiment, it's possible. " He motioned to the black, brown goo surrounding them as she nodded, carefully stepping away from the edge as the others behind her hooked Gonky to the console.

Handing the datapad to Genesis as she plugged it in to the console. Hunter spun around back to where they came from. "Something's coming." He turned back to Genesis as she pressed a few buttons. "We need to make this quick."

"Is it more of those things?" Wrecker asked as Hunter denied it, that something else was coming as he was unsure what it could be. But was quite confident that something was coming and that they had to be on guard.

Deke told them he was familiar with the system and that he could get the data they needed if they gave him time to see what he could find.

Genesis silently gave him the datapad as she turned around as she pulled out one of her blasters, her right falling onto the hilt of her sword as the three kept on high alert at the warning Hunter had given them moments ago. Lights shining back where they came from at the sign of nothing rushing through that corridor.

Right as they eased slightly, violent rumbling began shaking the whole platform as the bubbling in the liquid was becoming more prominent as they stepped back from the edge, awaiting whatever was gonna burst from the liquid below as a vine, the size of a tree then bursted from the side as the three began shooting at it.

As shots zipped past it, some eventually hit the vine as it screamed before slamming itself down onto the platform knocking everyone to the side as it retreated back underwater as multiple appeared from the sides.

'Time's up. Get the datapad!" Deke disconnected the datapad as Wrecker quickly unhooked Gonky and placed him on his back as the four began running for the nearest exit.

The vines tried swarming them as they turned back around and began scaling up the debris as it began following them from below.

The vines, realizing they're goal. Began slamming themselves into the debris as one piece that Deke was situated on began slipping down as Genesis leaned off the thin piece of metal she was on, her legs wrapped around the piece as she grabbed Deke's hand. Half her body and Deke hanging off as the vines and goo liquid below, waiting to consume them both at one slipup.

A strained sound escaped her lips as she used her upper body strength to pull the kid up for Hunter to grab him up as she quickly spun herself up right and climbed off the piece of metal before it was consumed by the vine's destruction.

Running through a smallen corridor with the vines behind their tails, they exited to the other side as they were blocked from getting through as no pieces of debris was above the surface of the goo as the four. Deke being given a blaster by Genesis blasted the vine trailing behind them as the liquid was slowly inching up towards them.

Noticing a piece of debris floating past, Hunter turned to the others as they saw what he was seeing as they jumped on the passing piece as the previous vine backed away, but another one bursting from the goo before them as another one followed before the four became surrounded by the conscious vines.

As it seemed like there was no way of them getting out of this alive. The glowing of a familiar light shined down on them as they looked up to see the Marauder lowering down enough for them as the ramp dropped down as the pulleys they used to do an air pick up for crates usually were hooked up and two sets of ropes lowered down as vines and the creatures from earlier began overwhelming them.

Deke and Wrecker grabbed onto the cable as Genesis and Hunter remained on the sinking platform as they grabbed onto the last cable. The vines began raising themselves up and wrapped around the Marauder to try and pull the ship down into the ruins as Deke continued firing at the vines, covering Genesis and Hunter as the former heard a gurgle sort of sound as she glanced down at the sight unfolding below them.

"Is that a Sarlacc!?"

A black sarlacc looking creature, the source of the vines rose from the water as its largemouth sat below the two, waiting for them as Genesis' screech caught Hunter's attention as he too glanced down at the creature below them.

Hearing the cadets yelling to shoot at the mouth as the vines slowly began lowering the ship further, and in this case, the three clones still hanging off the ship closer to death's jaws

"We need more firepower!"

Wrecker and Genesis both pulled out the few grenades they had as they activated them before dropping them in the mouth as the creature roared, stunning it for a moment.

"That's not enough!"

"Figured that out!"

Wrecker told the cadets to grab the case of explosives they had in the ship as the vines overpowering the ship, dragged them further as they began turning the Marauder to the side as the sudden sight of the crate and many explosives fell down into the mouth.

One that was activated by one of the cadets was the final one dropping in as the mouth glowed before screeching in pain as the vines abruptly let go of the ship before the Marauder rose up as the cables pulled the three clones up before rushing inside and to the cockpit.

"Go, go, go!" Flying the ship away from the ruins as fast as the Marauder would let them as immediately, they flew out of the atmosphere and Genesis punched in coordinates before they jumped into hyperspace.

✦✧✦✧

Resting her head in her hand, Genesis looked over the data they received as she groaned, tossing the datapad aside as she rubbed her hands down her exhausted face.

Leaning back in the chair as she heard footsteps from the side as the Datapad was picked up by Hunter as she looked up to him before the two looked over to the cockpit where the cadets were expressively telling Wrecker a story who listened before joining in.

"We'll find her." Genesis spoke, repeating the words he said to her earlier as she noticed the look Hunter had on his face, knowing exactly what he was thinking as her lips lifted into a small smile.

He looked down at her before nodding silently, returning said gesture as she watched him go over to the cockpit as she then sat up from her chair and joined the others.

"Gen's been going over the data." Hunter told them as she nodded before speaking up.

"From what I picked up, Hemlock transferred his entire base of operations to another location. His experiments too."

The cadets, a look with dismay on their faces at the news being given to them as they asked if the intel said where he went.

"There was a mention of a sector but nothing more. It's a lead, but we've got a lot more space to cover." She revealed to them, a tint of sadness detected in her voice at the mere mention of them not being all that close to locating Omega. But she had to stay hopeful that they were getting closer.

"Well, if that's where Omega is, then that's where we're going." Wrecker reassured as Genesis smiled a tiny bit as Hunter then told the cadets that they'll drop them off somewhere safe before leaving for the sector.

A look of surprise formed on the three's faces at the thought of a safe place away from the eyes of the Empire.

"Where?"

"An island. There are good people there. They'll take care of you." Hunter reassured the three.

"We're cadets without an army. I don't know where we fit anymore."

Telling them they had time to figure it out, Genesis clapped her hands together as a burst of energy ran through her at the idea of them stopping by Pabu one time.

"What about you three?"

Sharing a look with each other. "Our mission is not over yet."

"Well, I'll contact Mika to let her know we're stopping by..." She began going to the back as she spun around. "And you," She pointed at Hunter. "Got some bonding you gotta do with the new family member." 

✦✧✦✧

This felt like some Stranger Things type episode with the vines lol.

Anyways, Hi I'm back. Writing this note like two days before the finale. And I'm probably sobbing lol. But anyways, glad to be back. Hope y'all are ready for the final mission.

(Yes, I'm aware the font is off I lost the website I used; it'll change when I find it.)

Rose-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 141 14
Padawan Aesaedii "Saedii" Synn barely survived Order 66. At 15, she gained only a year of experience learning under Master Plo Koon before her Clone...
24.3K 629 46
Ella is a mandalorian Jedi trying to find her way through this new galaxy after order 66 and she happens to bump into her favourite clones. who knows...
7.8K 258 18
*✧・゚: *✧・゚: daylight ══ "and now i see daylight, i only see daylight" in which mara caldera travels the galaxy alongside the bad batch tech x fem!oc ...
50.9K 2.1K 80
𝚌𝚘𝚍𝚎𝚜 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎. Rylann Tetra, Shaak Ti's padawan, is stationed on Kamino to her disliking. Ry, taken from her home when she...