𝐖𝐡𝐢𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐂𝐫�...

By midxnightsx

BOOK 1 IN THE ECHOES SERIES In the realm of power and dominance, the Singhania's stood tall as one of India's... More

Whispers and Crosses
✦ . ⁺ Husband And Wife ⁺ . ✦
✦ . ⁺ In Love ⁺ . ✦
✦ . ⁺ Mrs. Singhania ⁺ . ✦
✦ . ⁺ Ravishing ⁺ . ✦
✦ . ⁺ Nervous ⁺ . ✦
✦ . ⁺ Blush ⁺ . ✦
✦ . ⁺ My Wife ⁺ . ✦
✦ . ⁺ Emptiness ⁺ . ✦
✦ . ⁺ Ride ⁺ . ✦
✦ . ⁺ Shimmer ⁺ . ✦
✦ . ⁺ Fire ⁺ . ✦
✦ . ⁺ Alone ⁺ . ✦
✦ . ⁺ Shards Of Glass ⁺ . ✦
✦ . ⁺ Divorce ⁺ . ✦
✦ . ⁺ Spin ⁺ . ✦
✦ . ⁺ Touch ⁺ . ✦
✦ . ⁺ Dead ⁺ . ✦

✦ . ⁺ Dinner ⁺ . ✦

1.7K 196 37
By midxnightsx

I need y'all to get this chapter to 50 comments and I'll post the next chapter sooner:) don't spam emojis btw.

Happy Reading.

Kashvi lay sprawled out on the bed, her sketchbook resting against her knees as she sketched designs for her newest collection. The room was dimly lit, with only the soft glow of her bedside lamp casting shadows that danced across the walls.

As the clock struck 11, the door creaked open, and Rishiv entered, his silhouette framed by the faint light from the hallway. Despite the late hour, he looked just as good as he had that morning, his features chiseled and his presence commanding.

Deciding to ignore him as she had done countless times before, Kashvi continued her work, her focus undeterred. But Rishiv had other plans, his voice cutting through the silence like a knife.

"Your father has invited us for dinner," he said casually, disappearing into the closet without waiting for a response.

Kashvi's hand paused mid-sketch, her brows furrowing in annoyance. She didn't bother to look up, her attention still fixated on her designs.

"Decline it," she muttered, her tone devoid of any warmth.

She had no desire to return to the place people called her home, a place that had never truly felt like one. The people who resided there had never accepted her, treating her with disdain and contempt. And she wasn't really sure that her stepmother and sister wouldn't try to poison her food. She might not like her life but that doesn't mean she's gonna want to die.

Rishiv emerged from the closet, his expression tight with frustration. He moved to join her on the bed, pushing her legs aside to make room for himself.

"I would if I had a choice," he admitted bitterly, his tone laced with resentment. "But unfortunately, we don't."

Kashvi finally looked up, meeting his gaze with a mixture of curiosity and apprehension.

"What do you mean?" she inquired, her voice soft.

Rishiv's features hardened, his jaw clenched with anger.

"My father," he spat the word as though it left a bitter taste in his mouth, "has ordered us to go. So even if we don't want to, we have to listen to what that asshole says."

Resigning to her fate she continued with her work while Rishiv was on his phone.

-

The next evening, she begrudgingly got ready for dinner in a white sundress with yellow and pink flowers. Her feelings about going to her parents' house hadn't changed since yesterday and she didn't think they ever would.

"Are you done?" Rishiv asked as he walked into the closet.

In a white shirt and black slacks, he looked every part the businessman he was. Maybe that was the point of the outfit, to tell her parents it wasn't a family dinner but just a meeting he was obliged to attend.

Rishiv had no interest in having dinner with those manipulative liars. It had been almost a month since he had gotten married to Kashvi, and so far they'd tried three times to get him back with Shreya, even though he firmly declined every time.

He knew tonight was just another plot to do that, and he would do everything to make it their last one.

Getting into his car, Kashvi settled comfortably for what was going to be a very uncomfortable night for her.

As they parked the car, she heard him murmur, "Let's get this over with."

As they rang the doorbell and waited, Shreya opened the door in the skimpiest outfit Rishiv had ever seen.

It was red and barely hid her ass and breasts, only covering a little in the middle. He knew what was happening but chose not to comment on it while Kashvi's nose scrunched up in disgust looking at Shreya.

"Please come in," she said in a sickly sweet voice while she dragged a finger on his chest in an attempt at seduction.

Right at the door? God save me. Kashvi thought as she walked in.

"Aah, Rishiv. Good to see you again, son," her father greeted as he walked in.

Then, for the sake of appearances, he walked towards Kashvi and gave her a hug, surprising her.

Before he pulled back, he whispered, "Hope you haven't gotten comfortable... Since Shreya is back now, you aren't needed for much longer."

His words stung Kashvi, but she didn't show it. Years of living with them had made her perfect her mask of hiding emotions when needed.

"Let's go for dinner," Shreya said in a high-pitched voice as she took Rishiv's bicep in her hands and started to take him towards the dining room.

Kashvi didn't comment on it and only she knew how much she was holding back.

Rishiv tried to shake off Shreya's arms from his, but she clung to him tightly. He could easily overpower her, but he didn't want to cause a scene which would make him have to face his father more than he had to already.

Kashvi's father sat at the head of the table with Kareena to his right. He made Rishiv sit to the left.

Shreya was about to take a seat beside him but before she could, he quickly pulled Kashvi's waist, making her fall on the seat beside him.

Kashvi gave him a quizzical look asking him with her eyes what the fuck he was doing. He pointed towards the seat she was already sitting on and asked her not to move all with his eyes.

As much as he didn't like Kashvi, she was better to sit beside than Shreya, who wouldn't stop touching him.

Shreya glared daggers at Kashvi as she said, "That's my place. Move,"

Before Kashvi could reply back, Rishiv responded, "If you don't mind, I'd like for her to sit beside me. Hmm?" in a tone that suggested that he wouldn't take well to arguing with him.

Huffing in displeasure, Shreya went towards her mother and took a seat there.

It was awkward for a few moments after the maids served food before Kashvi's father broke the silence. "So, Rishiv, How's married life? I hope that Kashvi hasn't been an issue to you?"

Kashvi's grip around her fork tightened. He was speaking as if she was an object. Issue to you? He wouldn't have had an issue if they hadn't forced her to marry him in the first place.

Instead of speaking her mind, she chose to stay quiet.

"It's been good," Rishiv gave a curt reply while taking a look at Kashvi.

He was surprised to see her not reply back to her father's underhanded comment. That wasn't the Kashvi he knew. And he hated this version of her more than the regular one. He preferred the Kashvi who spoke her mind and always argued with him. She was a challenge.

And he loved. A good challenge.

"That's good," Kareena said in a voice that implied it was anything but.

The dinner went with business talk between Rishiv and Dilip while Kareena and Shreya glared at Kashvi. If looks could kill, she would've been up in heaven moments ago.

After finishing dinner they all sat around the living room couches and this time Shreya didn't leave the chance to sit beside Rishiv.

After a few more minutes of small talk was when Kareena brought up the real reason for the dinner.

"So Rishiv..." She started like most of the conversations that night and ignored Kashvi once again. "Your marriage wasn't under the best circumstances and we want to make it right,"

"Right?" Rishiv asked. How can they make an unwanted marriage right?

This time it was Dilip who said "We want you to get married to Shreya since that was the initial plan before it was ruined,"

How dumb was he? Kashvi thought. Rishiv revealed her as his wife to the entire world. Did he not know the damage his company would get when it's known that he gave both his daughters to the same man?

"I'm already married," Rishiv stated.

"But that was unwanted. Shreya was your first choice. Not her." Dilip said while looking at Kashvi.

"You don't get to forcefully get me married to someone then act like I'm the one who forcefully married him by telling him to replace me." Kashvi snapped. That was the most she spoke that night, mostly keeping to herself to avoid conflict.

"You replaced me!" Shreya Shouted in pure unadulterated hatred and anger.

"Cause you left! And it's not like they gave me a choice." Kashvi gave back.

Rishiv stood there letting Kashvi get her anger out.

Her father walked towards her in quick strides and pulled her wrists into a hurtful grip and ordered her to shut up.

"No! I'm done with your bullshit," she said.

The next second his hand was in the air, ready for the impact of the hit, Kashvi closed her eyes. Moments passed and she didn't feel anything. She opened her eyes to see Rishiv's hand having her father's in a tight grip to stop him from moving it.

"What are you doing?" Dilip asked Rishiv with rage.

"I don't know what happens between you, but Kashvi is MY wife. She's Kashvi Rishiv Singhania now. So you better watch it with her before I do something that you'll regret." Rishiv said in the calmest voice. It was only Kashvi who knew about the storm his words hid behind the facade of false calmness.

"She's my daughter! You don't get to tell me what to do in my damn house." Her father roared.

Rishiv still stood there without so much as a flinch and waited for a moment before he walked towards Kashvi.

"Ready to leave, tiger?" He asked as he took her wrist in his and started walking before she could speak.

"You're gonna regret not listening to me!" Dilip threatened as he watched them leave.

Rishiv chose to ignore him and walked towards his car, opening the door for Kashvi before he got in himself.

As they started back to the villa Kashvi commented "Well that was a fun dinner."

"Your father is a peice of shit." Rishiv said and asked the question that's been on his mind "Does he always hit you?"

"Yep. Got used to it when I was 16," she spoke as if it wasn't a big deal.

Rishiv didn't like what he heard but he didn't comment on it.

The rest of the drive back was spent in silence.

The highest 1800+ words for Rishiv Kashvi:)

Leave me your reviews for this chapter ☁️

Hopefully in the next chapters I'll write some bonding moment between the family:)

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.9K 2.6K 39
Ranking #1 comedy romance The royal family of Rajasthan or the ruling family actually. The "RATHORE FAMILY"a well known name in business as well as...
86K 4K 38
Abhimaan Singhania- CEO of Singhania group of companies. A person of whom even the devil is scared of, his name is enough to scare anyone. his own fa...
118K 4.5K 33
(#Book 1 in substitute bride) In this captivating tale, we follow the intertwined destinies of Rudransh Singh Raghuvanshi, the dashing and enigmatic...