🇬🇧 Once Upon a Time #Heroph...

By VaneAfter2022

How did the love story between the two co-stars begin? Well, you just have to read about it and find out. Jo... More

Once Upon a Time - Josephine
Prologue - Hero
Prologue - Josephine
Chapter 1 - The start -
Chapter 2 - Hero
Chapter 3 - Josephine
Chapter 4 -Breakfast together
Chapter 5 - The park
Chapter 6 - ice cream
Chapter 7 - I'm not competitive!
Chapter 8 - Let's rehearse together
Chapter 9 - Let's start!
Chapter 10 - Mercy?
Chapter 11 - Photoshoot
Chapter 12 - It's natural!
Chapter 13 - Lunch
Chapter 14 - A real date!
Chapter 16 - Just collegues
Chapter 17 - My Hero ❤️
Chapter 18 - Montage Scene
Chapter 19 - Like a hurricane
Chapter 20 - Ciak, action!
Chapter 21 - Would you?
Chapter 22 - Touch me
Chapter 23 - Ops...
Chapter 24 - The storm

Chapter 15 - The lake

153 12 2
By VaneAfter2022

Josephine

I bite the end of the pencil for the umpteenth time and scribble over the words I wrote just now.
No, that's not good.
Tessa would never think these things.
I do, but she definitely doesn't.
I snort while coloring a corner of the page full of ideas and notes.
I'm definitely distracted by a thousand thoughts that crowd my mind and that I can't calm down.
After the evening I just spent with Hero, I can't help but relive our entire date on a loop. Saying it was perfect doesn't give an idea of how I felt and how I feel now.
My stomach is upset and I can still taste his lips on mine.
I nibble on them by running my tongue over them.
He kisses tremendously well!
My heart beats so much just thinking about it.
Did it really happen or was it just a dream?
I sigh, closing my eyes.
A sudden flash outside the window catches my attention.
After days of infernal heat, tonight it's finally raining and the temperature is more acceptable.
Of course, as soon as the rain stops there is the possibility that it will be even hotter, but for now I'm enjoying the moment.
I close my eyes again, breathing deeply the scent of the rain that beats incessantly on the glass of my room, slightly open to allow the air to pass.
It's relaxing and I really need to concentrate now.

"You are already awake?"

I turn to a familiar voice.
Hero rubs his eyes looking very sleepy, his hair disheveled.
That's not what catches my attention though.
He's in boxers, no shirt.
My gaze wanders over his figure, observing every detail.
It's sooooo hot! I'm breathless watching him.
From my surprised look, he must realize that something is wrong.

"Oh shit! I didn't think of that!!!" He runs off to his room and I laugh.

Like I've never seen a guy in boxers. Pfff...please!
His reaction was funny though and that's why when he comes out the door again, I'm still giggling.

"Sorry Jo! I went to the bathroom, saw the light on in your room and thought I'd check!" He runs a hand through his hair, messing it up even more.
I smile, biting my lip to avoid laughing again. He's seriously mortified and I still have to laugh!
"No problem Hero, really!"
He nods, still visibly embarrassed.

"What are you watching?" He comes close to me, peering out the window.
The lights of Atlanta reverberate in the darkness of the night. It's only 4.30 and there's still a little bit left before the sun rises.
Normally I'd be sleeping great at this time, but tonight I obviously can't sleep a wink.
Apparently I can't even concentrate on the script.
I read almost all the more complicated scenes and reviewed both my part and Hero's. I like to have the situation under control.

I show him my notebook and he nods, without saying anything.
We both look out the window, the patter of raindrops on the glass keeping us company.
It is a reassuring silence that is often created between us. I don't feel the need to interrupt him to say who knows what bullshit. It's nice to be like this.
Another flash of lightning pierces the sky, followed by quite loud thunder.
The storm is getting closer and closer and the rain is increasing accordingly.
It's raining so hard that, looking outside, everything is out of focus, even the street lamps seem enveloped in a kind of magic.
Cars rarely pass by and illuminate the landscape with their headlights, but what's more, the night reigns and the sound of the rain is the soundtrack.

"Are you worried about tomorrow?" Hero watches me, probably trying to figure out what's on my mind.

"I'd say I'm excited, more than anything" I smile at him.

“Do you want to try the lake scene again?” He whispers, looking at me intently.

The idea of kissing him again makes me suddenly hot.
I would really like it!
I sigh, closing the folder.
It's not a good idea.
"It's late. You should be in bed" I point out, without answering his question.
I'm afraid of losing control. Especially if we kiss here, in my room.

"You should rest too. But it seems to me that's not what you're doing!" He raises his eyebrows in defiance as a dimple appears in his cheeks, along with a hint of a smile.

I close my eyes smiling. That's actually exactly what I'm doing.
I'm relaxing, somehow.
"The rain relaxes me" I look back outside sighing.
I feel his eyes on me and my mind wanders back to the memory of a few hours ago. His kisses, his caresses on my hips, the tears of happiness he wiped from my face, the songs he chose thinking of me.

It was seriously the best date I've ever had.

"Would you like me to keep you company?" His is almost a whisper but I understand every word very well.
I nod and sit better on the armchair in front of my bed.
He sits in the chair next to me, facing the window.

We stay like this for I don't know how long.
I only know that when I reopen my eyes, the first thing I see is his figure, curled up in the armchair while he sleeps blissfully.
I move slowly to avoid making noise and to stretch my muscles.
The sun is illuminating the city with a very weak light while the clouds still reign supreme.
The rain seems to have lessened and fresh, humid air comes in through the window.
We fell asleep like this, close but not too close. At a right safe distance.
On the other hand, he had even proposed sleeping together a few nights ago. I don't know what went through his head, but it seemed like a crazy idea to me.
I would have liked it, for sure. But it remained a crazy idea and I was quick to decline the invitation.
Two work colleagues don't sleep together!
Of course, after tonight and especially after those kisses we gave each other, the attraction between us is undeniable. We are colleagues but perhaps we are something more?
I do not know. I have no idea.

I stand up slowly, continuing to relax my muscles as much as possible. I slept crookedly in this chair and now I'm suffering the consequences. The good thing though is that I was finally able to sleep. I probably haven't slept this soundly in a while! I feel sore, but rested at the same time.

The time on the alarm clock next to the bed reads 7.25.
We don't have much time before we meet Anna and Jenny for the second day of rehearsals. Not if I want to get settled and take a shower first.
I consider whether to wake Hero up or let him sleep a little longer.
He sleeps soundly and, although the position he is in doesn't seem very comfortable to me, he is truly relaxed.
I'll wake him up later, just enough time to take a shower!
Trying not to make any noise, I lock myself in the bathroom and enjoy a beautiful cool shower. The muscles relax and I feel much more in control of myself.

When I come out of the bathroom, wrapped in the very soft hotel bathrobe, I am greeted by beautiful green eyes that scrutinize me attentively.
I stop instantly, not expecting to find him already awake.
Hero is still sitting by the window.
He stretches and sighs as he gets up from the chair.
“Hey,” his voice is hoarse and he clears it soon after as he runs a hand through his hair.
I look at him and think I'm definitely lost contemplating the fact that he's here, in my room, in a t-shirt and shorts.

I bite my lip before answering him.
"Hey" I can't think of anything else to say, honestly.
His gaze wanders over my body, covered by the bathrobe. I feel his eyes on me and he sighs when he looks back at me again.

"I should..." He touches his hair again "Did you sleep well?"

“Oddly enough, yes!” I smile at him and he immediately smiles reflexively.
"You?"

“A little sore, but strangely I slept well too!” He comes closer to me and I feel the need to get closer to him.
However, I force myself to stay where I am.
What's more, I'm naked under this light layer of toweling and that's not a detail to overlook!

"I'm going to take a shower too" he points to his room "See you in the breakfast room soon?"

I nod, my brain completely blank, unable to form an intelligent sentence.
I always have the answer ready. Always.
Nevertheless...
He passes me by and his scent invades my nostrils for a moment.
It's an intoxicating sensation that's almost addictive.
The whole room has its own scent and it short-circuits my brain.
He leaves a kiss on my cheek, smiling close to my lips. I smile reflexively as my heart beats wildly.
“See you later,” he whispers before disappearing into his room.
I close my eyes trying to think about what I need to do now.
I have to change, first of all. Then go to breakfast and meet Anna and Jenny.
Okay, I can do it.
It is not difficult.

I hear the sound of water coming from his bathroom.
He's in the shower.
Unchaste images come to mind and immediately the memory of him dressed only in a pair of boxers pops up among the memories. Those broad shoulders. Bare chest.
Even though I was tired, I remember that perfectly as if I had it right before my eyes. Indelible in the memory.

I grab a tank top and a pair of shorts, put on my sandals and leave the room, making sure I have both the clipboard and the key card with me.
The elevator ride is slow and quiet. Lately I have always gone down to the hall with him, except on rare occasions. It feels strange to be alone now.
When the elevator doors open, there is already a lot of people coming and going in front of the reception and I head towards the room where breakfast is held, without looking around too much.
There's no sign of Anna around although we generally always meet here in the morning. I literally forgot to ask her if she wanted to have breakfast with me.

Who knows what distracted me?
Or who, to be precise.

I grab some eggs and pancakes from the buffet and sit down, continuing to look around.
I don't know what I'm looking for, really, but it seems like my subconscious is waiting for someone.
A huge glass of orange juice sits in front of me, followed by a plate full of bagles and pancakes.
Hero's smile brings me back to reality and those fantastic dimples on the sides of his mouth remind me that he and I kissed last night.
And we weren't acting! Hardin and Tessa have nothing to do with it this time!
Also because I couldn't fall in love with Hardin, both because he doesn't actually exist and because he and I wouldn't be compatible in real life. Luckily, the Hardin in the book and the one in the film are quite different, but I much prefer "my Hardin" who is watching me curiously at the moment.

"We go out together tonight?" he says softly as he bites into a bagel with satisfaction.

I smile biting my lips "Gladly!"
I sigh as I think about what we could do together tonight.
Don't be malicious, come on! I hear you!

Hero smiles and nods. His eyes don't leave mine and I feel like I'm under a spell.
"If you look at yourselves like this even during the filming of the film, it will be a worldwide success!!!"
And here's Anna.
Smiling and enthusiastic, she sits between Hero and me, looking at us with trepidation.
"Are you ready to start in earnest?"

I would like to answer her but the voice disappeared for a moment I don't know where.
Hero has a strange effect on me, to say the least!
"We were just talking about it." Hero winks at me and smiles at Anna.

He winks at me and my heart skips another beat! Can you be so beautiful, especially first thing in the morning?
I should put this on my no-go list!
It is not possible!

'Today we will rehearse directly on the set, at the lake!' Anna is visibly excited and anxious to get started. I actually hope that everything goes well. "It's the most important scene of the whole film and I can't wait to sit in the front row to see mine book come to life! You will be phenomenal, I already know it!" She looks dreamy and I sincerely hope not to disappoint her.

I nod, eating a piece of pancake. I keep my mouth busy, so I can't say something stupid, in the euphoria of the moment.
Luckily Hero seems perfectly capable of carrying on a conversation and I relax, continuing to eat.
I listen carefully to what he says to Anna and I am captivated by his words. He asks intelligent, witty questions and you can tell he has studied Hardin's character thoroughly. Anna answers him and helps him understand some passages.
I am taken aback for a moment by one question in particular.
“Do you think Hardin would kiss Tessa with his eyes open?” His gaze rests on me for a moment, before returning to Anna.
She looks at us smiling and certainly a little curious as to why this question.
I play dumb and look back at him, seriously interested in the answer.
The memory of his kisses still burns on my lips.
His eyes watching me as he devoured my lips are etched in my memory.

"Well, I'd say so. It's definitely a very Hardin thing to want to control everything, even when it involves a kiss." She answers thinking about it before looking at us curiously again.
Hero nods and resumes eating.

He looks at me when he notices that Anna is distracted by her cell phone. His smile sends an electric shock through my body. I chew my lip as I continue to look at him.
I terribly want to kiss him.
Now.
Right now!

"Jenny is calling me." Anna interrupts our exchange of glances.
"As soon as you've finished eating, meet us at the reception, okay?" She stands up as we both nod. In a few seconds she is already out of the room, visibly agitated.

Filming will officially start in just a few days but this is the first time we will be acting on set. It's a bit like starting for real. It's exciting!!!
I feel Hero's gaze on me again and I turn to him.
“I have something in common with Hardin so…” He whispers looking at my lips.
I have to swallow several times to keep my heart from jumping out of my chest.
His hand touches mine in a gesture that seems casual but has a lot of meaning to me.
I squeeze his fingers as I hear him sigh.
I'd like to kiss him too, now!
“Don't be so proud of it!” I whisper as he lets out a smile.
"Are you ready?" He motions for me to go to the front desk and I nod.
He holds out his hand and I head towards the hall with him.
My hand in his.

The journey is short and I try to reorganize my ideas as much as possible.
Of course, the adrenaline that simply having my hand in his gives me is to be considered completely normal.
At this rate, concentrating on work will be pure hell!

I sigh, closing my eyes for a moment.
Hero stops and I with him, held back by his grip on my hand.
"Jo, hey..." he whispers, looking at me seriously.

"Hey!" I let out the breath I didn't realize I was holding.

"I know you're nervous. I am too!" He smiles. “Let's try to think of ourselves as Hardin and Tessa as soon as we get on set. Everything we do or say will be their story, not ours.” He's serious and looks at me trying to get me to focus again. “We're a team, okay? And honestly, I think we'll be really great together!”
His smile is reassuring.
I take a deep breath, nodding confidently.
We really are a really good team, me and him.

I hold out my fist and he bangs it against his own, chuckling.
"Go Team!" Let's say it together. It could seriously become our motto!
We are two crazy people!

We reach Anna and Jenny in the hall and get into the mini van with them that will take us to the lake.
I feel the warmth of Hero's skin in contact with mine, sitting close together. His leg touches me and I feel like I'm catching fire from spontaneous combustion.
I take a deep breath, looking outside.
I have to concentrate: it's about work now.
Atlanta passes by quickly from the window and soon the skyscrapers and busy streets give way to green areas and desolate streets.

"We're almost there!" Anna smiles brightly looking outside "It took longer to choose this location than to write the entire book!" She giggles in amusement. Jenny smiles at her and nods.
I smile too, continuing to look outside.

Hero seems deep in thought and I just watch him. We both need concentration and it's definitely harder to step into Hardin's shoes than Tessa's.

When the mini van stops, we are in front of what looks like a forest.
The first scenes, Anna explains to us, will be filmed here. We will arrive in Hardin's car, then go down the path to the lake.
The director of photography takes some photos of us among the trees and all we have to do is stand still, without smiling.
Especially without smiling.
And Hero today seems to be struggling to do so.
Even his modeling experience doesn't seem to help him much.
He sighs and takes a breath several times, before assuming an almost neutral expression.
Every time his eyes find mine, a smile arises spontaneously that he tries to control by biting his lips.

"Okay guys, that's enough for me. Let's move towards the lake so you can try!" Jenny motions for us to follow the crew who are moving some of the equipment they brought.
I look at the lake that extends in front of us and it's like a vision, in this infernal heat. I can't wait to dive in!

"You can rehearse the scene while we fix some technical details." Anna smiles at us before following Jenny a little further.
We both nod and sit near the dock, looking for a moment just for us.

“Why are they setting up the lights and cameras if we're just going to have rehearsals today?” I ask Hero looking towards the lake.

It's relaxing. The voice of the birds is the background to the noise of the equipment being placed around.
The sun reflects on the water and I pull the hat on my head a little further down. I forgot my sunglasses in the room. I didn't even think about bringing them with me.

"They'll probably want to shoot a few scenes anyway, to test the lights" he shrugs, speculating on the reason for all this. He also lowers his hat to shield himself from the sun.
I nod. He might be right.

“Jo, I was thinking something…” He clears his throat and, like me, continues looking at the lake. “We should figure out how to kiss.”
I look at him questioningly. In what sense 'how to kiss'?
"Hardin can't kiss like I would, I wouldn't be in the character at that moment" explains it better.

I think about it for a moment, losing myself again with my gaze in the greenish blue of the lake in front of us.
I nod after a while "Right. We have to stay professional and act our best."

"We can kiss properly later... In the room maybe" he whispers, moving closer to my ear.
Crazy shivers break out on my skin.
Out of the corner of my eye I see a mischievous smile appear on his face.
It comes naturally to me to smile too and I splash him with a little water, leaning forward to collect it with my hand.

"Hey!" He covers his face in amusement, splashing me in turn.

We laugh together, in a bubble of our own, as if there weren't at least twenty other people very busy around us.
“No tongue, okay?” I whisper as I look at him to see his reaction.
It doesn't break down. He simply nods convinced.

"And if, by any chance..." He clears his throat "It could happen that... But it's just a hypothesis, it doesn't necessarily mean..." It's confusing me.
I didn't understand a single word.
My gaze must be clear because Hero looks at me and bursts out laughing.
"If I get too emotional, let's say, don't worry about it, okay?"

I close my eyes smiling.
He's talking about a hypothetical erection.
I want to laugh and nudge him with my shoulder.
"Erection. It's called erection, Hero, you know? And it's perfectly natural! You're a boy and I'm a girl, whatever name we have at that moment, your body responds independent of your will!"

“You sure are the daughter of two doctors, huh?” He teases me by giggling.
I actually remember my mother's explanations exactly, when I became old enough to understand some particular dynamics.
Sex was one of them.
I know very well how it works, at least the theory.

I stick my tongue out at him before dipping my feet into the water, leaning out a little.
It is fresh and pleasant on the skin.
"I'll take that as a compliment!" I smile and look back at the lake.

"Guys, we're ready!" They shout at us from not far away.
Hero helps me stand up and together we reach the crew.

"We have prepared some costumes for you, we will try with those for today." They lead the way towards a trailer where we will obviously have to change.

“You go first, I'll wait out here” Hero lets me through and I enter the dressing room inside the trailer.
They prepared a blue costume and a simple white dress for me.
When I go outside, I immediately find Hero looking me up and down and swallowing.
He takes a deep breath and enters the dressing room too, without saying anything.
A sound engineer places a microphone right under the collar of my dress, hidden from view, and makes me test it to see if it works.
Satisfied, he quickly walks away giving instructions to other guys from the crew around.
I breathe in the fresh air deeply, after a night of intense rain.
It's a wonderful feeling!

“Jo, can you come for a second?” Hero opens the dressing room door ajar and motions for me to join him.
I nod and enter the trailer with a big question mark on my face.

"I think you forgot this" he hands me a bathrobe, identical to the one he is wearing.
I wear it and I thank it.
I hadn't really seen it before.
It's so hot, that I had no problem going out like this.
I feel Hero's eyes on me as I put on my bathrobe.
We both keep it open in the front and look like we just stepped out of a spa.
The situation makes me giggle and his look becomes a mixture of confusion and amusement.

"Would you like some tea, sir? A massage?" I imitate I don't know who, while I pretend to hand him a non-existent glass.

He bursts out laughing "Did the heat go to your head?" But he plays along and takes the imaginary glass.

"Maybe!" I chuckle.
Or I get stupid when I'm with you!
It seems like a more than plausible option to me!

"Are you ready?" I ask him, caressing his face in a move that comes naturally, without thinking about it at all.

He nods "I think so!" he whispers coming closer to me.
He arranges my bathrobe by opening it slightly and I follow his movements, enchanted.

"I was thinking we could..."
I don't give him time to finish the sentence as I'm already on his lips.
I had a terrible desire to kiss him since this morning and we can't try in these conditions.
His mouth is like a drug.
It consumes me and recharges me at the same time.
I taste his mouth, sucking on his upper lip. Hero sighs and surprises me by letting out a moan.
I could die now, just from the sound that comes from his throat.
I remain with my eyes half closed enjoying the scene, with my arms around his neck.
I'm kissing him again, for real and I abandon myself completely in his arms.
His hands wrap around my hips, pulling me further into his body.
He opens his mouth and I do the same, allowing his tongue to collide with mine.
The moan that fills the room definitely comes from me this time.
He pushes me against the coffee table, making me sit on the counter. He positions himself between my legs, out of breath.
"I would like to eat you with kisses" He whispers "I would spend hours between your legs!" He sighs and I completely lose my mind. I wish I could stay like this all day with him!
The smacking of our wet lips is something extremely sexy. I don't think I've ever been so turned on by just a kiss.
This, however, is not 'just' a kiss like many others. I'm kissing Hero. I'm kissing him for real. And he is absolutely not like many others.
He is special. I can't even explain why, but I feel like it is.
His hands grab my dress, squeezing it between his fingers as I caress his face.
Our noses collide repeatedly and our lips refuse to break contact.
We continue kissing, even though I feel like I'm losing control. I do not care. Really, I don't care.
I enjoy the moment fully with an irrepressible desire to taste his skin.
I go from kissing his mouth to his cheeks, then slowly moving down towards his ear and neck. God, I'd eat him with kisses if I could. He breathes hard, closing his eyes. Seeing him like this, totally abandoned, is like a vision. It doesn't seem real, it's so beautiful.
He nibbles on my skin under my neck, then in my neckline and sucks firmly.
"Hero..." I stop him by placing my hands on his chest.
He sighs, closing his eyes and resting his head in the crook of my neck to catch his breath.
“Don't leave marks,” I whisper, running my hands through his hair.
He tries to regulate his breathing and nods slowly. He can't leave hickeys on my neck. Not when we have to start filming in a few days.
He lifts his head and I meet his eyes. We both smile as I continue to stroke his hair.
I bite my lip and he does the same thing.
“I got carried away by the moment,” he whispers.
I nod giggling "Me too"
Definitely me too!
We didn't even think that someone might come in at any moment!

Hero starts fixing my bathrobe again, this time closing it a little more in the front.
"There, now you're ready!" He smiles mischievously, as if he hadn't spent the last few minutes eating my mouth.
I smile reflexively, genuinely amused by the situation that has been created.
I can't wait to kiss him again!

We walk together towards the pier, where we will finally start rehearsing.
The adrenaline coursing through my veins this time is due to the excitement for the film.
Our bathrobes lie on our chairs placed on the grass.

How cool is it to have a chair with your name written on it?
I'll have to ask if I can take her home once filming is over!
It would look great in my room!

I sigh as I look towards the horizon.
The sun reflects its rays on the lake, creating crazy plays of light!
It's really happening! We are about to begin this adventure in earnest!
Hero looks at me, fully understanding what I'm thinking.
He takes a deep breath and settles down next to me, standing on the dock.
We know the lines by heart by now. No hesitation, no hesitation.
Anna looks at us enraptured and Jenny motions for us to start acting.
I have no idea if they are already recording the scenes or not. The cameras seem to be on but this could also be evidence. I don't have that much experience on set to already understand all the dynamics.

Hero suddenly wakes me up from my thoughts because at a certain point, out of nowhere, he undresses, taking off his jeans and the dark t-shirt he was wearing.
He places the shirt on a ledge of the dock and looks at me.
He's only wearing black boxers, super tight by the way, and a mischievous smile on his face.
My heart is going three thousand an hour!
Oh. My God.
I'm left like a crazy person looking at him with my mouth open.
All we need is the trickle of drool coming out of my mouth and then I'll look like a maniac who has never seen a boy in a bathing suit.
Rather, can this seriously be considered a costume?
No, they definitely look like boxers to me and they fit him tremendously well, by the way.
Really, really good!
Did I mention he's really fine?

"Tessa?" My Hardin chuckles, looking at me questioningly.
I shake my head as if to make the thoughts that are crowding my mind slide away.
I don't think I should make myself faint just because Hero is in his underwear.
No, right?
I clear my throat and join him.

"You do not come?" He asks smiling.
I shake my head as I take a step towards him.
Hero dives into the water and resurfaces shaking his head.
"It's fresh! It's amazing!" This is Hero speaking, definitely not Hardin.
I smile in amusement and let out a giggle.
He stops and looks around.
"At this point the seabed is shallower" shows me that he can perfectly stand upright. Of course, for him who is two meters tall there are no problems.

I shake my head "Easy when you're clearly out of size!" I snort.

He looks at me surprised, his eyes widen and bursts out laughing "Jo, at least don't let everyone know"
It takes me a while to understand what he's referring to, a clearly sexual joke.
Ah, men!
I roll my eyes as I can't help but giggle along with him.

He joins me on the pier to let me enter the water with him.
"Tessa..." He whispers, letting me know he's back in character.
"Hardin..." I answer him again concentrated.
"Come on! Jump in!" He exclaims, running a hand through his hair.

"I don't have a costume!" I point out to my Hardin, the obvious.

“You can wear my shirt,” he points to his black t-shirt lying at my feet.
I pick it up and take a deep breath.
I'm not embarrassed to stay in my costume in front of other people, but Tessa isn't that bold. She's shy and inexperienced and in some ways I'm a lot like her.
So I can't just take off my dress and dive in, like I would if I were myself. In fact, I probably would have dived in long before Hero.

"A little privacy?" I motion for him to turn around, then tightening my arms around his body.
What excites me is undressing in front of him.
But I'm not Josephine right now, so anything goes, right?
I grab the dress and pass it over my head in one sharp motion.
I stay in my costume and hurry to adjust the Hero t-shirt on my body.
It has its own scent.
It's incredibly enveloping and for a moment I no longer understand anything.
Hero turns again and looks at me seriously, his eyes shining brighter than the sun's reflection on the water.

I approach the edge of the pier and wait for him to reach me to give me a hand.
Tessa would do that.
When I slip into his arms, both of us smile.
It is inevitable.

I'm stuck to him and I feel... Well, I feel everything! Everything everything I mean.
"Huh." Hero smiles a little sheepishly and I bite my lip to keep from laughing.
He's excited. I can clearly feel it on my belly.
I move a little to re-establish some distance. More than anything to give us a way to focus on what we have to do.
"Guys, let's take a break to sort out some technical things, we'll tell you when to start again!" Jenny shouts from the dock. “Okay?”
We both nod, relaxed again.

We can be ourselves, although I try to stay focused as much as possible!
We swim together in the lake for a while, playing and joking with each other.
“Whoever gets to that boulder first wins?” I propose, unleashing my competitive streak again.
He doesn't know it, but I've been swimming my whole life. Both in the pool and in the sea.
Beating him will be child's play!

He looks at me closely studying my expression "You proposed it too emphatically! What's the catch?"
This guy has only known me for a short time and yet he almost always manages to reveal my intentions. Possible?

I act stupid "Why? Are you afraid of losing by chance?"

"Oh, no. I wouldn't want you to feel bad when I beat you in two seconds!" He chuckles.

"Pfff... You wish!" I shake my head and get into position.

He may be as tall as a baobab, but touching the seabed with his feet is a great impediment.

"Okay then... On three!" He exclaims.
I wait for him to start counting, but instead he just shouts "Three!!!" Before rocketing off towards the arrival point.
I am taken by surprise but I don't let it scare me and I start swimming as fast as I can.
We arrive almost at the same time as the arrival boulder, a little out of breath.

"We should have established penances for those who lost!" I snort realizing I didn't think of that before.

"Are you so eager to do a penance?" He chuckles.

"No, also because I won!" I exclaim indignantly.

"Ha, ha. That was fun! No way! I won!"

Thus begins a meaningless argument regarding who touched the boulder first. It goes without saying that each of us upholds our own thesis, not giving in an inch.
We are interrupted only by Jenny who calls us to order, motioning for us to join her near the pier.

"It went well for you!" I mutter “You cheated too!” Referring to his counting to three.

“Did I cheat?” He bursts out laughing.

I reach Jenny first and wait for Hero to position himself next to me.
The director gives us some indications regarding the shots of the scene but completely surprises us by saying "I would like everything to be as natural as possible, so feel free to interpret the scene as you see fit."

I look at Hero to see his reaction. He seems calm. He smiles and nods as if it hadn't bothered him in the slightest.
My brain is going two thousand miles an hour.
How could we make the scene more real?

Something brushes my side and I turn around in alarm.
Next to me is Hero smiling and I understand that it is his hand that is caressing my skin, under the water.
"Are you coming, Tessa?"
I nod, taking a deep breath.

We position ourselves at the point of the lake that Jenny indicated to us and start rehearsing the lines again.
I hover around him, postponing the moment when we will be closer.
Close enough to kiss.
I wet my hair by dipping my head in the water and watch his reaction when I turn to him.
He smiles and remains where he is, in silence.
I have to think this is Hardin, not Hero. I'm not the same person.

"What do you love most in the world?" I ask, picking up my line.

He huffs, "Pfff... Easy! Myself!" He plays Hardin's arrogance very well and I keep swimming around him.
He holds out his hand. I can glimpse it from the surface of the water.
I place mine on his and let myself be dragged gently towards him.

“I don't bite, I swear,” he whispers so only I can hear.

I smile trying to contain myself as much as possible.
The scene requires no smiles now.
I soon realize how difficult it is to be close to him and at the same time, stay afloat. It's more complicated than expected.

"Lean on me" He suggests guiding my hands onto his shoulders.

"They'll see my hands in the frame." I point it out to him.

He looks at my hands and seems to think of another solution.
"So... Like this?" This time it's his hands that rest on me. On my hips.
They hold me close to them, preventing me from going up and down on the surface of the water.
I nod even though I feel very hot, as if the water had become broth!

"I thought you just wanted to be friends" Tessa asks her Hardin doubtful and excited at the same time.
Excited, I am, so of course she is too.
Hero shakes his head slightly before replying "You and I could never be friends" he whispers looking at my lips.

Here is the moment we have been waiting for and, although I have already kissed him more than once, it is the first time in front of a camera for the film we will have to shoot.
It's exciting!

He rests his forehead on mine and I feel him take a deep breath.
I bite my lip before swallowing and try to stay in character as much as possible.
I'm Tessa, I'm not Josephine and this is my Hardin.
His lips find mine, simultaneously with one of his hands holding my face in place. The other hand is planted firmly on my hip.
As if I was going anywhere! Not even for a thought!
We've decided to keep the kisses very professional and as hard as we're trying, I'm not really sure anyone watching us is thinking about how good we are at acting.
Seems pretty real as a kiss, in my opinion.
And it is.
It definitely is!
Hero eats my lips hungrily, as if he hasn't been waiting for anything else for who knows how long.
I feel overwhelmed by emotions.
I slide a hand up his neck rather awkwardly. I really don't know where to put my hands!
He continues to grip my side, holding me close to his body.
It's hot. It's terribly hot!
I catch air as his nose collides with mine in a sweet caress.
We breathe on our mouths before continuing to kiss.
Hero stands up, taking me by surprise and I can't help but follow him, craning my neck towards him as much as possible.
He sighs as he returns to the water, dragging me with him again.
My heart goes to two thousand!
His lips suck, bite and claim my mouth with an emphasis that shocks me.
When he pulls away from me, I open my eyes and get lost in his. We both have short, labored breathing.
I can't say or do anything.
I am aware that I am among many people who are inevitably watching us but I have the impression of being alone with him in this lake.
His hands slide towards my ass and I suddenly realize that I have wrapped my legs around his pelvis. I didn't even realize it, engrossed as I was in kissing him.
My breathing is still ragged and his eyes send me into a tailspin.
Everything about him drives me crazy.
The sensation I feel in my lower abdomen is new. Strange but beautiful.
His hands caress me softly as his eyes pin me in place.

“We should pretend like…” He clears his throat. "I should touch you now..."

"Yes, it's the scene where Hero... I mean, Hardin I meant!!!" I widen my eyes and see him doing the same thing.

He starts giggling and the movement of his body makes me sway too.
It's like torture. I feel it on my skin and I don't have the courage to mov.
Or rather, I would but I am aware that I am not alone with him.

The silence that surrounds us makes us both turn towards the pier after a while.
Anna is the first person I see.
Her eyes are wide open, her hands are covering her mouth and she's...

Is she sobbing?

I frown, trying to get a better look at her.
"She's crying?" Hero asks, looking in the same direction as me.
One of his hands returns to my hip and caresses me softly.
I swallow to put my thoughts back in order. Or at least I try!

"It seems so!" I whisper back.

"Will it be good?" He smiles looking at me.

"I have no idea!" I take his hand and shake it under the water.
I would like to stay here for a while longer.

Jenny motions for us to join her and reluctantly we break away, swimming towards her.
Hero pulls himself up onto the dock with a rush and then holds out his hand to help me reach him.
I accept his help and let myself be lifted up, as if I were a feather.
It doesn't seem like it, but the boy has strength!

"You were fantastic! Phenomenal!!!" Anna runs towards us hugging us both. "Hardin and Tessa! It's really you!"
She couldn't have given us a greater compliment! It means we are realistic in acting!

“I got goosebumps!” Jenny beams at us "Luckily we filmed everything, so we'll include some of today's scenes in the film too!"

My eyes widen in surprise and I find myself looking at Hero again.
He has the same expression as me and chuckles excitedly.
We basically started shooting the film without realizing it!
My heart is in my throat with emotion!

“I have read the book and I can confidently say that you are excellent Hardin and Tessa!” A lady with long blonde hair smiles at us.

I don't think I've ever seen her before. I stay for a moment to observe her and she must notice my confusion.
"Nice to meet you, I'm Meadows!" She holds out her hand and also smiles at Hero "I play Professor Soto in the film"

My eyes widen in surprise, while I shake her hand. I didn't think the other cast would be arriving this week. There are still 3 days left before their arrival, or at least that's what they told us.

"I'm also a producer of the film" she continues seeing our questioning faces "That's why I arrived on set first!" She has a big smile on her face as she speaks.
I smile at her too, while Hero holds out his hand.
"Pleased to meet you!"

I take the bathrobe and put it on, handing Hero his.
"Thank you" he whispers as our hands touch. It gives me electric shocks every time my skin meets his even for a moment.
It's absurd!

"Do you know Swen?" Meadow turns to a boy with platinum blonde hair who is talking to Anna.
I shake my head as I straighten my bathrobe. I still think back to the scene we rehearsed and I would like to talk to Anna to find out if we need to improve any aspects.
We didn't get to rehearse the more intimate scene and I don't know if they will actually rehearse it.

"Honey, come here!" She shouts at the boy.
Honey? I stop to think for a moment.
I know, love has no age and everything you want. I'm not judging anyone. But I didn't expect it!
She seriously looks like his mom! Furthermore, they both have blond hair and light eyes.
The boy reaches us and holds out his hand "Don't pay attention, she couldn't resist the temptation to meet you! You already have a fan!" He playfully teases her and she turns slightly red in the face.
We exchange a few jokes and I must say that they are both really nice.

Anna calls my attention with a hand on my arm.
I turn to her just as she apologizes to the other two, saying she needs us to perfect the scene.
We both nod and follow her.
Jenny shows us some parts of the filming they did and it's really exciting to see how the scene could turn out in the film.
There's me and Hero laughing and joking in the water. They filmed everything, even our stupid competition to see who can reach a boulder that emerges in the water first.
I look at Hero in surprise. I had no idea they were recording.
He is very focused on watching the video and nibbles his lower lip every now and then.
I watch him ruffle his hair in a gesture he makes when he's nervous or thoughtful.

"Good, we can try again. This time we'll add audio to test various methodologies. Do as before: everything as natural as possible! Okay guys?" Jenny looks at us expectantly and we both nod before returning to the dock.

I take off my bathrobe and dive right in, without waiting for Hero. I really need some cold water to calm my hot spirits.
Hero joins me soon after and in no time is back in front of me in the water.

"Anyway, now I also have video proof!" I giggle, positioning myself in front of him.

He looks at me questioningly and I continue "Proof that you cheated earlier, during our competition!"

He bursts out laughing and pulls me towards him.

"Baby, come here and kiss me!"
It pounces on my lips and there is no better place in the world than here.
With him. Tight on his body.

I am happy.

I am truly very happy.

--------------------------------------------

Author's notes

And so, the first day of rehearsals on set ended.
These two can't stop kissing, can't they? 😘

The cast is about to arrive.
What will happen in the next few days?😎

See you soon 💕

Vanessa 💫

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.2K 2.5K 41
This is part 3 of my Herophine fanfic series: Hero and Jo have finished filming 'After We Collided' and are once again separated when they return to...
23.3K 953 42
Hero and Josephine had a hard past. After a year they finished the filming of After and had their first night together, they are back for the filming...
77.9K 2.5K 52
"How did you create this couple chemistry?" This is the kind of question I don't know how to answer. Contrary to what our fans think, Hero and I are...
75.8K 2.7K 33
Herophine fanfic : Josephine and Hero have been dating since sometime during the filming of 'after'. However they are advised to keep the love betwee...