Transported: A Wings of Fire...

By Random_Man88

Imagine reading your favorite book series when you're suddenly transported into it. That's what happend to Da... More

Prologue
Part One: Arrival
The Journey Begins
What Is This Place?
Skywing 101
Familiar Faces
A Proper Introduction
A Flight In The Night
Meet The Jade Winglet
One Spicy School Day
Code Crackers
Drama
Confrontation
Aftermath
A Visit To Reality
Secrets and a Lost Friend
Broken Bonds
Losing My Mind
Hurricane Warning
Deadly Dreaming
The Devil Within
A Dramatic Awakening
Rolling Out
Passing The Time
The Borderland
Private Flights
On Our Way
Dangerous Discovery
R W P
Red Wing's Relic
The Truth Hits Hard
Groundhog Day
Storming The Stronghold
An 'Interesting' Escape
Unforeseen Consequences
Part 2: Heathens
Breaking Through
Wake Up To Reality
A Perilous Plan
Karma
Crashing The Compound.
What We Came For
Blistered, Blazed, And Burned
Unpleasant Surprises
News... Bad News...
An unexpected arrival
New Clawmate? Who dis?
Meet Your Match
So Long... For Now
Back for more
Ticking Sand
Blood In The Water
Taking The Leap
A regular day for once
Late Nights
[Don't] Deal With The Devil
Recognition
Puzzle Pieces
Eyes Of Chaos
And So There Were Ten
An Eventful Waste Of Time
Raised awareness
Sick of U
Triple The Threat
Bad Time Trio
Missing Faces, Wanted Faces.
Part Three: Chaos Rising
The Hunters Become The Hunted.
Stealth Is Optional
Shattered
Oh Calamari...
Inside Job
Supply RUN
Silver Teardrops
Chilly Colours
Somewhere Over The Ocean
Home Bitter Home
Daring Decision
Tension
The Consequences Of Your Actions
Heart Wrenched
"Fancy Seeing You Here"
The Start Of Something Terrible

Family -and Friend- Issues

839 16 60
By Random_Man88

Daniel stared back at Charlotte who in all honesty seemed pretty much the same as he last saw her, except for the fact that she was now and Icewing.

"Hey brother..." Charlotte said.
"It's been a while..."

There was a tense silence as Daniels' friends looked at him.
Their eyes were wide as they changed glances between Daniel and Charlotte.

Daniel stood in the centre of it all, unmoving as everyone's eyes were on him... Waiting...

Daniel put away his weapon as he looked back at his sister which he'd not seen in who knows how long.
A part of him wanted to run up and hug her, knowing that he'd not fully lost his family just yet.

However... A part of Daniel also hated her for how she treated him.
Yes it wasn't as bad as what Winter or Anemone had to deal with... But it wasn't like Charlotte was a good sister either.

Most of the time it wasn't like she was even there, apart from when she went out buy food and other stuff. -which was only because his parents weren't home- as such Daniel rarely even saw her, despite living in the same house.

In fact she was so absent in his life it would be generous to even call her a part of it...
Because of this Daniel couldn't help but scowl.
Angry thoughts had taken over his mind, pushing the few good times he had with her into oblivion.

Therefore in the end, when he finally responded, what came out of his mouth wasn't what anyone expected.

Daniel looked at Charlotte dead in the eyes before finally speaking.
"Don't call me that..."

Charlotte's eyes widened slightly as so did everyone else's in response to Daniel's hold hearted answer.

"What?" Charlotte said, somewhat confused.

Daniel turned his back to her.
"I said... DON'T CALL ME THAT!
He yelled with a mix of anger and sadness.

"I-I Don't understand-" Charlotte responded but was cut off by Daniel.

"YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO CALL ME YOUR BROTHER WHEN YOU WERE BEARLY EVEN IN MY LIFE TO BEGIN WITH!"
Daniel screamed at his so called 'sister' with tears in his eyes.

Charlotte paused for a moment.
"Daniel... I-"

"SAVE IT!" Daniel spat.
"YOU DIDN'T CARE ABOUT ME WHEN WE WERE BACK AT HOME SO WHY DO YOU CARE NOW?!"

There was a tense silence which settled in around the group.
Charlotte didn't know what to say. At least not until Kori gave her a nudge on the side of her wing.

Kori gave Charlotte a significant to which she understood.
"Daniel... I'm.. I'm sorry, for everything... I know I was a terrible sibling and I should of treated you better... But please... You're still my brother, even if you don't want to be..."

Charlotte paused, she waited for Daniel to react but when he simply stayed silent she decided to keep speaking.
"I made some stupid mistakes... I know that now... And I know that I hurt you more than I probably realise... But we're the only family we have left..." Charlotte said but soon fell silent.

Daniel sighed before speaking in a softer more neutral tone.
"It's good that you're alive... Charlotte.... But I'd rather that this is the last time we meet... I don't want you tangled up in this mess with me"

Charlotte scoffed. "Bit late for that ain't it?"

Daniel shot her an annoyed glare.
"Glad to see you haven't changed a bit" he said sarcastically, ignoring his sister's hurt reaction before rolling his eyes.
"Forget It. I can't be bothered to deal with this right now..."

Daniel looked at everyone else gathered here.
Almost all of them had lost interest in the conversation that he and Charlotte were having and instead found themselves in their own little worlds.

Apart from Kori who was still besides Charlotte, and Blue who was on the sidelines but paying attention, it was clear that everyone else wanted to make up and spend time with the dragons they had recently met.

'There's no point doing the mission now if everyone's so distracted... But then again it's not like we have a lot of time here...' Daniel thought as his face fell to one that's rather grim.

Since it was obvious nobody was up for the mission at the moment, there wasn't any point for him being there since although he did admit that it was nice seeing Charlotte again, he was in no mood to talk to her anymore than he already was.

Charlotte was still looking at him, waiting for an answer to her somewhat sincere apology.

Daniel dug his claws into the ground below him angrily as he looked at his sister.
No matter how hard he tried... He couldn't... He just couldn't find a reason to not be mad, after everything she did...

So in response he looked Charlotte in the eyes coldy before simply saying:
"Good day to you" in a somewhat disgusted tone, very obviously not accepting her apology before taking off into the air.

"Daniel!" He heard Charlotte call out to him but didn't look back, instead tucking in his legs to fly faster and let the sound of whipping wind drown out any shouts that could be heard prior.

Daniel made his way through the air, flying out across the top of the trees, ensuring that he was well out of sight from the rest of the group before circling around and eventually landing back into the Leafsilk kingdom.

From there -With some difficulty- Daniel made his way back to the 'Healing hut' as he decided to call it, where Cricket was still being held.

The moist dirt and waves squished under Daniels' talons as he walked.
The forecast above gave hints of a potential thunderstorm later on tonight or maybe even earlier. A few wet raindrops fell from above and onto the ground, watering the plants around him.

As he entered the spacious hut to escape the soon to be rainstorm for the time being, Daniel found himself alone with the still sound asleep Cricket.
She looked much better than before and was resting peacefully, even slightly smiling as she did so.
It wouldn't be long until she eventually woke up.

Daniel took a seat on the ground inside the hut which was surprisingly close to bone dry and covered in crunchy dead leaves.
It was messy but gave a somewhat nice and comfortable texture and atmosphere to lay down on.

The hut still held strong with the moss covered log walls.
Though what Daniel found intriguing was the roof of the hut.
He didn't know how it worked but the leaves seemed to be arranged in such a way that water effortlessly ran off without leaking into the hut.

Daniel couldn't seem to find any sort of support apart from the initial walls for the hut.
It seemed that the roof was completely made up of neatly woven and carefully placed leaves without the need of anything else.

Daniel laughed to himself
'Heh... Impressive... I wonder if Willow knows any weaving?' He thought but soon dismissed the idea.
'No, of course she probably doesn't, Weaving is a Silkwing thing after all'

Daniel let out a deep breath as he finally felt himself relax and have some alone time for the first time in what felt like a while.

Daniel closed his eyes for what felt like a few moments, he was tired, extremely tired yet not enough to sleep.
Just a small rest on the ground would do for now.

Or at least that's what Daniel thought, thought not even a moment later after lighting a nearby lamp for a light source, he found himself sound asleep in the middle of the healing hut.

When Daniel finally did wake he was met with a familiar Silkwing staring down at him in the eyes.
It jolted him awake as his eyes widened.
Instinctively he pushed the Silkwing off of him as he got up on all fours again.

The Silkwing crashed down on the ground, sending a few loose leaves flying in the air.
Daniel was about to draw out his sickle when he finally recognised the Dragon who startled him.

It was Io, Swordtail's sister and the one that initially brought him and the rest of the team here to the kingdom.

"Jeez! Talk about a rude awakening!" Daniel said with a mix of angry and joking tone.

Io got up from the ground and bushed off any dirt which got on her shiny purple scales.
"Talk about a rude shove" She responded calmly.

"You were the one who was stalking me while I was asleep thank you very much" Daniel pointed out.
"Besides, what makes you think anyone wouldn't react like that, it's startling"

Io laughed in response which earned her an unamused look from Daniel.
"Anyways" He said, changing the subject.
"What are you even doing here?"

Io shrugged. "Wanted to make sure everything was in order" Io explained.
"Though I didn't think I'd find a sleeping dragon in here"

Daniel raised a brow.
"Don't you mean sleeping 'Dragons?'" He asked as he gestured to Cricket who was still asleep.

"What do you mea- OH MY MOONS WHY IS THERE A HIVEWING HERE!?" Io yelled fearfully as she leaped back and ran behind Daniel of cover.

Daniel shot her a curious look.
"What's the issue?"

Io looked at him like he was speaking gibberish.
"Huh? Wha-? What do you mean 'What's the issue?! It's a HIVEWING!"

"And?" Daniel said. "They're just dragons like anyon else, besides don't Hivewings already live in the kingdom?"

Io made a face. "Uhmm well yeah... But we keep a record of them for 'security measures' and know they're trustworthy" She explained.
"However, THIS ONE just appeared out of NOWHERE!?"

Daniel raised a brow. "No she didn't...? And you do know who she is... Right?"

Io shook her head. "No...?"

"Really? Blue didn't tell you about her?" Daniel asked to which Io's eyes widened.

"You know Blue!?" Io asked, slightly shocked.

"Well duh, I was just talking to him like not even twenty minutes ago, not to mention that we met back on Phyrria" Daniel explained.
"I wouldn't call us freinds just yet since I don't know him super well but he's a nice dragon and we get along-"

"WAIT!?" Io suddenly shouted, interrupting Daniel but he let it slide.
"HE'S HERE? LIKE IN THE KINGDOM!?"

Daniel nodded. "Yes, he arrived here with Luna, Swordtail and a few other dragons, as well as Cricket" He explained.

Io seemed speechless, she didn't really say much and just paced around the hut excitedly until she looked at Daniel.
"Wait a minute! You said Swordtail was also here!?"

Daniel nodded.
"Yeah, pretty much everyone's here for some reason" he said with a laugh.
"But anyways, they're cute together in my opinion"

Io looked at Daniel curiously.
"Who are?"

"Blue and Cricket, they make a good couple" Daniel responded.

Io's eyes widnened to the max.
"BLUE HAS A GIRLFRIEND!? WHHHAAAT!?"
She yelled at basically the top of her lungs.
"WHO!? WHO'S HE DATING!?"

Daniel laughed.
"She's right behind me" he said as he gestured a claw to where Cricket was sleeping.

Io's face changed from somewhat excitement and shock to somewhat fear and shock as she laid eyes on Cricket.
"Hold on a second... You're joking right...?" she said.
"HE'S DATING A HIVEWING!?" Io shouted.
"DOES HE NOT LISTEN OR LEARN ANYTHING AT ALL!?"

Daniel made an annoyed face, he was growing irritated of the constant hate that Hivewings got for no reason.
'Okay... Maybe it's not for no reason...' Daniel thought.
'But that still doesn't excuse the fact that you're discriminating an entire tribe for things that they had no choice in... It was Wasp who was the villain, not the whole tribe'

"Well personally I don't see an issue, if anything it's actually a good thing to see Silkwings and Hivewings get along and if you were a good friend you'd respect his decision" Daniel said passive aggressively.

Io gave Daniel a look as if he was crazy.
"Well I'm sorry!" She said sarcastically.
"You can't just expect me to be fine when he's casually dating a member of the most evil tribes in the whole world! Do you have ANY idea of what they did to us!?"

Daniels irritation grew to a slight anger.
"I know what they did and yes I know it was pretty messed up." Daniel answered.
"But you have no right to blame the entire tribe for something they couldn't do anything about! A lot of those Hivewings are good dragons who were unlucky to be under control of a terrible queen, and the sooner you realise that the better."

Io rolled her eyes. "I still don't trust them, they're all criminals" she said.
"I don't know how Blue is so easy to trust others, I swear if he doesn't grow a spine and realise that not every dragon is trustworthy or even learn to defend himself he's going to get himself killed!"

Daniel snarled at Io.
"Are you calling him weak?"

Io's eyes widened, "What!? No! Of course not!"

"Are you sure about that? Because the way you're describing him seems like you think he can't handle himself" Daniel pointed out.

Io looked at the ground.
"I'm... I'm just worried about him... He's too innocent for this world... Unless he toughens up, the second he meets someone actually dangerous he might as well dig his own grave..."

Daniel glared at Io angrily, he was about to say something to her but instead he saw shuffling towards the doorway which was open.

By the side of the doorway stood a deeply hurt and saddened Blue who had clearly overheard everything Io said about him.
He was crying, at atleast that's what it looked like, it was hard to tell since it was dark and storming outside the hut.

However the second that Blue noticed that Daniel spotted him he bolted from the scene into the forest.

"Blue!-" Daniel called as he ran outside but it was too late as he was nowhere to be seen... Just rain and the dark.

Daniel looked turned to Io with a somewhat disgusted look.
"Happy with yourself?" He asked before looking down at Cricket who was still resting.

Daniel rolled his eyes. "I'm going to find Blue and see if he's okay." He said before adding in in a more dangerous tone;
"If I come back and Cricket is harmed in any way... We're going to have issues than we already do... Got it?"

Io's eyes widened as she glanced uneasily at the sleeping Hivewing.
"R-right!"

"Good... Now I'm going to go fix your mistake." Daniel said before adding one last thing.
"Oh and if Cricket wakes up, just talk to her, she's nice"

With that Daniel ran off in the same direction that Blue did earlier. Lucky for Daniel, Blue wasn't the best at hiding his tracks and as such despite the horrid weather, he soon found the sobbing Silkwing.

Blue was curled up against a tree, mimicking the same 'ball of sadness' position that Sundew took on back on Phyrria when she and Willow first had the argument.

If it wasn't for the fact that it was rainy and windy, Daniel was sure that at least a few nearby dragons would be hearing Blue cry since in all honesty he was quite loud.

Daniel sighed to himself as he walked over and took a seat on the muddy ground in front of Blue.

"Hey buddy..." Daniel said softly.

Blue peeked up from behind his wings.
"Oh... Hey..." He said through sniffles. "What are you doing here..?"

"Well I'm here to check up on you of course, don't want you to stay out here all night" Daniel said.

Blue took his wings and drooped them on the ground.
"What's the point..."Blue said sadly, more tears dropping down his cheeks though it was impossible to tell which were tears and which were rainwater.

"Sorry-?" Daniel said, not really understanding Blue meant.

"What's the point Hurricane... All I want... Is to just be happy with Cricket... Yet nobody seems to allow that... Furthermore I'm constantly called weak, innocent, I'm never taken seriously, not even by my own sister and freinds... Like what's the point in trying..."

Daniel stayed silent for a moment, not really knowing what to say but eventually spoke up.
"Well, maybe all you need is someone else you can rely on... And if you don't have anyone else at the moment since Cricket is... Asleep let's say... I'm happy to take that role"

Blue's eyes widened. "Really..?"

"Of course! Besides you're stronger than I am" Daniel laughed.

Blue raised a brow. "Huh? What do you mean? I'm nowhere near as strong as you are"

Daniel shrugged. "Maybe not in combat, but mentally, you're the strongest dragon I've met... Being able to endure the comments everyone gives you up until this point and not break until now is pretty darn impressive"

Daniel leaned in closer.
"Listen... Everyone can learn to fight with time, nobody was born a fighter, I wasn't, Willow wasn't, Turtle wasn't, none of us were... Except maybe for Peril- But that's besides the point!"
He sighed.
"The reason that we are who we are is because we chose that route, I chose to become Reaper, and my friends chose to join me, the reason for it I'll be keeping to myself... All I'm saying is that YOU need to pick your own route no matter what others think."

Daniel shuffled back and stood up.
"Everyone has an opinion to everything, the important part is focusing on the ones who support your decision, and discarding the ones who don't."
He stretched for a moment before saying one last thing.
"Walk your own path Blue, even if at some points you'll have to walk alone..."

Soon after that Daniel held out a talon.
"But for this walk, I'll be along side you until you need me to be"

After a few moments of contemplation, Blue took Daniels talon and he pulled him to a stand.
"There we go, looking much better now" Daniel said with a smile.

Blue nodded and returned the smile.
"Yeah, thanks... I needed that"

"No problem, Anyways I think it's about time be get going no? The rain isn't exactly where I would like to be at the moment"

Blue nodded.
"Yeah... But one thing before we go..." He said.

Daniel raised a brow as he turned around.
"Yeah? What's up?"

"Could... Could you teach me how to be stronger... Maybe even fight?" Blue asked

Daniels eyes widened as he whipped around.
"Blue... I don't think you understood what I meant-" Daniel tried but was cut off.

"But I did, I understood all of it... You told me to not let the opinions of others shape who I am and to choose my own path..." Blue said before adding a sentence which made Daniels heart skip a beat.

"Well I chose my path... I want to walk alongside you and Willow and the others..."

Hurricane... I want to be a Heathen."

YO! Wassup people.
Just landed back in my home country, I managed to get this long awaited chapter done on the plane.

Hopefully it was worth the wait even if it wasn't super exciting.

I'll see when the next one will be out, hopefully fast than this one but I'll have to see.

Besides that I hope you enjoyed and I'll see you all next time.

Good day

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.3K 261 18
"I mean, Clay really seems to think that by us being together, we could change the school for the better." "And? What's your point?" "I guess my poin...
5.8K 104 20
Kinkajou, Winter, Moon and Qibli have left the school and its time its time for the next generation to take their place solving a vengeful plot... or...
138K 2K 38
//COMPLETED// //edited 2021// The Jade Mountain Academy certainly wasn't shaping up to be what Winter expected. He was always surrounded by dragons...
57K 473 24
WARNING: This book contains chaotic dragons and the most stupid truths and dares that may make you lose any brain cells you have left. YOU HAVE BEEN...