Transformers Prime: Broken He...

By Shraquaspark_Prime

nothing can fix it. nothing. not even tape or glue. Erin Storm was nothing but a broken record. she was only... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
A/N
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Epilouge
A/N

Chapter 18

79 5 3
By Shraquaspark_Prime

I woke up the next morning. Somehow, I managed to miss my morning alarm and slept all the way until 12pm. I groaned and got up, even though I didn't want to.

The house seemed quiet though. I went to Jack's room and knocked on his door. To my surprise, I heard a slight snore. Jack was probably still asleep too. Can't blame him, yesterday was exhausting.

I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth and went to the kitchen to get myself something to eat. Ms Darby had already left for her shift at the hospital.

I decided to just watch some TV for awhile, since I did not see Smokescreen outside. I wonder if he came five hours ago to pick us up from school.

I turned on the TV and was really happy to see my favorite show going on; Small Wonder. It's a 1980s show, but it is my favorite! It's about this family, and the Dad made an actual robot girl who he wanted to see if she can pass for a real human child. My mother was the one who introduced it to me.

I made myself a bowl of cereal and sat on the couch as the intro played.

I heard footsteps walking down the staircase and felt someone bonk my head. I turned around and saw Jack.

"Small Wonder? Really? You're just as old is my mom," he teased. I just rolled my eyes and slapped his hand.

It's a good show

"Whatever you say," he shrugged and tried to neaten his hair. Emphasis on 'tried'. His hair kept popping back up, when he tried to push it down. I laughed quietly.

"We interrupt this channel with a Breaking News," I heard the TV say. I looked back and groaned. Not even 10 minutes into the show, and-

"In a daring overnight escape, a man managed to break free from the confines of a maximum-security prison, sending shockwaves through law enforcement circles. The daring escape unfolded under the cover of darkness, leaving authorities scrambling to apprehend the fugitive.

Reports indicate that the escapee, identified as Mr John Storm, who was arrested for child and domestic abuse, exploited a vulnerability in the prison's security system, allowing him to slip away undetected. The exact details of the escape remain shrouded in mystery as authorities launch a full-scale investigation into the incident.

Witnesses describe hearing commotion and alarms sounding in the early hours of the morning, followed by the discovery of a breach in the prison perimeter. Surveillance footage captured the fugitive's dramatic escape, showing him scaling a fence and disappearing into the night.

Law enforcement agencies have issued a statewide manhunt for the escaped convict, urging the public to remain vigilant and report any sightings immediately. The fugitive is considered dangerous, and authorities advise against approaching him.

In the wake of the escape, questions have been raised about the security measures in place at the facility and the adequacy of protocols designed to prevent such incidents. Prison officials have vowed to review and strengthen security procedures to prevent future breaches.

As the manhunt intensifies, residents in the surrounding areas are urged to exercise caution and report any suspicious activity to authorities. The escapee's whereabouts remain unknown, leaving a community on edge as law enforcement works tirelessly to bring him to justice."

I dropped my spoon.

"Isn't that your..." Jack trailed off.

Father.

My father.

He escaped prison? My face paled.

I honestly didn't know what to even respond to the news. I just stared at the headline.

"We need to make sure he never comes near you. He could be anywhere, and Jasper isn't a big town," Jack said seriously.

I nodded and gripped the chair tightly.

"Don't worry. We'll protect you," he promised. I nodded again. I couldn't think straight.

I heard more footsteps coming down and saw Evan.

"Hi guys," He said. He looked at the TV and froze.

"He escaped?" Evan's eyes widened. I nodded.  He just shook his head.

We heard a knock at the door and I got up and went to open it. Miko and Raf were standing there.

I was relieved they were here, so I can take my mind off him.

"Hey!" Raf waved enthusiastically. Jack turned off the TV and the two of them walked in.

"So, what do you think we should do today?" Miko asked.

"Yeah, since there's no school," Raf added on.

"Well, do you guys mind if you drop me off at the airport today? Yesterday I saw Jack's new red, blue and white sports car and I was hoping you'd drop me off later," Evan suggested.

Oh, he saw Smokescreen yesterday? I thought we hid him pretty well. I guess not.

"Uh, sure Evan. What time?" Jack asked.

"Around 4," Evan replied.

"Uh, Jack. Kevin and Will are waiting outside for us," Miko tugged on Jack's arm, trying to make herself sound in an obvious but not obvious tone. Jack looked confused at first and then realized. I was still confused who were Kevin and Will.

Raf was already outside and we waved to Evan and left the house. I then saw Bulkhead and Bumblebee outside.

"Perfect timing, Bulk," Miko said sarcastically and rolled her eyes.

"You didn't mention you didn't have school today," he argued.

"Yeah, well, our school has a rodent infestation and is on lockdown," Raf explained. "And also, Erin, Will and Kevin are codenames for Bee and Bulkhead. We named them that so it would be easier to explain to other people."

Bumblebee whirred in response.

I nodded. That made sense.

"Where's Arcee and Smokescreen?" Jack asked.

"They're both out on Energon patrol. And besides, it would be pretty weird if four vehicles showed up in front of one house, right?" Bulkhead said. I went with Miko into Bulkhead while Jack went with Raf in Bumblebee.

However, I soon regretted my decision.

Bulkhead played really loud heavy metal music and it annoyed me to death.

Since I could beg them to stop, I just covered my ears and prayed for the best. I only opened my eyes when we reached the autobot base.

"You wish you could've come with us?" Jack sneered.

Never making that mistake again.

"Shouldn't you be in school?" Ratchet grumbled.

Try being in school with a rat infestation I signed to him.

"As if our base isn't already infested with small, fleshy creatures," he mumbled.

"Watch it, Ratchet!" Miko warned.

I looked around, and sure enough, Arcee and Smokescreen weren't around.

I heard Bumblebee beep something.

"How about a video game tournament? Last one standing wins!" Raf suggested as we climbed the stairs to our small corner.

"Girls vs boys?" Jack said, taking the controllers.

"No mercy!" Miko replied back as she snatched the controller from him.

"Hey I wanted to go first!" Jack complained.

"Bummer," Miko pouted her lips at him. "Come on, Erin! Let's show the boys what we're made off!"

I grabbed my notebook and my pen to write down something.

Uh, Miko, if it's girls vs boys, shouldn't it be one girl and one boy play together and the next round another girl and boy play together?

Miko's face scrunched up.

"Oh yeah. Makes sense. Come on, Raf! Last time I played with Jack, he beat me and really rubbed the salt in the wound," Miko glared at Jack, who raised his arms to defend himself.

We played a few rounds of racing and the game ended with Miko and I surprisingly winning. We bragged to the boys about getting defeated by girl, while Raf argued back with his nerdy facts and Jack argued with nonsense.

It soon ended up with all of us on the floor laughing until our stomachs hurt. Bulkhead and Bumblebee were also laughing while watching us. The four of us lay on the floor like a star and stared blankly at the ceiling.

"Hey guys," Raf called out. "Have you guys ever wished to travel the world?"

"Yeah many times. I've been to many cities in Japan, but never really out of Asia, until I accepted the offer to transfer to the U.S," Miko sighed.

"I've lived in Jasper my whole life. Never really been anywhere because of my mom's job," Jack said. "But Erin has travelled all over the world." My ears perked up at the sound of my name.

"Woah! Where have you been?" Miko asked. I sat up and grabbed my notebook.

The places Jack hasn't been.

I smirked and Jack glared at me.

"Well, fair enough. I've always wanted to visit New York (done that already), Singapore, Tokyo, Australia, Dubai, you know. Some of those major cities," Jack said. I laughed as I've been to all of them.

I wrote down in my notebook.

Singapore is pretty great. Really safe and clean, but strict rules. And really expensive. Tokyo isn't so bad, the food there is quite good. Australia, it's fine I suppose. I went to the Outback and saw all the cute creatures there. Dubai, quite expensive but cool. I even went to the top of the Burj khalifa.

"Woah. You've actually been everywhere," Raf looked at me jealously.

"Bulk! Have you travelled across your planet!" Miko looked at her autobot guardian.

"Of course. Cybertron is way bigger than Earth. I worked as a labourer and construction so I visited a few places to help construct," Bulkhead explained.

"What was your least favorite place, Bee?" Raf asked Bee. Bee beeped and whirled, almost like in a sad tone.

"What did he say?" Miko asked Raf.

"Bee has trauma from Tyger Pax," Bulkhead translated.

Why? I signed.

"Coz that's where Bumblebee's voice box got ripped out by Megatron," Raf whispered to me. That made sense. I felt bad for Bumblebee.

"Apparently, Ratchet tried to repair it, but only managed to stabilize his condition," Jack said.

Wait, does that mean Bumblebee's voice can be repaired?

"Kind of. But it was too damaged and beyond Doc Bot's expertise," Miko loudly said.

"I can hear you! And can we stop talking about that? I already feel guilty enough that I couldn't fix his voice, so stop reminding me!" Ratchet yelled at us.

The four of us looked at the floor in guilt. I can't blame him. I'd also get mad if someone mentioned my incident with M.E.C.H again.

"Sorry, Bee," Miko apologized. Bee waved his hand indicating that it's fine. I smiled, happy that Bumblebee was forgiving.

We heard the familiar sound of the groundbridge and looked to see Arcee and Smokescreen back from their patrol.

"Did you find any Energon reserves?" Ratchet asked.

"Nada. Aw man, this is so disappointing. I was hoping that we could engage with the Decepticons hand to hand and, I don't know, make a grand exit with an explosion! Pshkow!" He playfully exclaimed and then slouched in defeat.

"Decepticon activity has been quite silent recently. Don't know what the cons are up to, but I'm sure it isn't good," Arcee said.

"Oh yeah, where's Optimus?" Smokescreen asked.

"Scouting for Energon," Ratchet said.

"Ratchet!"

We heard Optimus's voice suddenly book through Ratchet's comm link.

"I require immediate backup to my current position," he requested before hanging up.

"You may need to be more careful with your choosing of words, Arcee," Ratchet told the two-wheeler as he activated a groundbridge.

"Rafael, you're in charge of groundbridge operations until we return," Ratchet instructed as he ran through the groundbridge.

Bring me back a souvenir! I signed to Smokescreen.

"Will do, chief," Smokescreen smiled and ran after Ratchet.

We watched as all the other bots went through the groundbridge.

I yawned and continued staring at the groundbridge.

"So, ready for round two of girls vs boys, Miko?" I heard Jack ask Miko.

"Miko?"

I focused back on the groundbridge and saw a familiar pig-tailed Japanese girl run through the groundbridge. I nudged Jack and pointed to the groundbridge.

"Oh no, not again!" Raf exclaimed. The three of us wasted no time and we ran after her.

Just as we were running through the portal, Jack grabbed Miko's hand.

"No, not again Miko! It's too dangerous!" Jack growled at her.

"But I'm running out of pictures for the scrap book!" Miko complained and pushed Jack's hand away. She continued running. Jack, Raf and I followed. I didn't know why Raf was following.

I didn't even know why I was following. I guess it's to help watch out for Miko and make sure she doesn't get killed.

We ran through the groundbridge, and when we got out, a sudden dizziness overcame me and the world started spinning.

Okay, that will take some getting used to. Once I regained my bearings and looked around, I gasped. We were groundbridged right behind an Energon crystal where we could hide, but the cave was dark, light illuminating from the Energon. The autobots were fighting the Decepticons with swift movement.

The four of us gasped and watched the scene unfurl, completely unaware of the chaos that lied up ahead.

~
A/N: hey y'all, thanks for patiently waiting! Sorry this chapter took some time. And real sorry if this story isn't quite how you like it yet. Promise to get better 🖐️🖐️ (I'm not really good with words, though I do know proper Grammar)

Also, Small Wonder is an actual show and my mother introduced it to me. I love the show so much, but obv not as much as TFP XD. Highly recommended to watch !

-Shrav

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5K 179 11
Tale of two sparkmates that wish to be together, however, their lineage and war that is raging across their kind keep them from being together. Lines...
164K 4.6K 26
After a GroundBridge malfunction, the kids find themselves warped to another dimension, where everything is switched for them. They find that the Dec...
50.8K 1.6K 43
"One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it."- Master Oogway --- ~ BOOK 1 OF THE LIGHTBLADE SERIES Fate sometimes leads us to vario...
4K 186 13
Jack Darby's family has a long history of helping people, but his father's side of the family has a long history of being... well, slightly insane. J...