Epiphany 》Avengers

Por lovethebreeze

[Raven/Bucky.] [Set during CA: Winter Soldier - CA: Civil War.] [Disclaimer: I do not own Raven or anything M... Más

Cast and Memes!
Playlist
Iron Dad
Cap's Museum
Visit After Visit
Intruder
Hiding Spot
Why Was Fury There?
Escape
Awkward
Big Surprise
You Want The Truth
Oh, Shit
Who The Hell Is Bucky?
I Knew Them
Underground Plan
Falcon and Raven
You Know Her
Who Am I?
A/N: Older Titans Face Claims
Old Friend
Steve?
Stark Expo

The Send Off

178 11 0
Por lovethebreeze

Steve and I stood in front of Bucky as he was getting ready to leave. All the troops boarded the ship after saying goodbye to their friends and family. Bucky made sure to pull Steve into a big brotherly hug. I furrowed my brows when Bucky glanced up at Steve and whispered something in his ear. 

Since I was a bit further away I didn't hear him say, "Make sure you hold the door open for her, please."

Steve nodded when they pulled away and came next to me. It was my turn to say something but I didn't even know what to say. I've heard things about Bucky from future Steve. And I'm not one to get emotional when someone leaves. But I did get him a going away present.

"Here," I said as I held the book out to him. "Gives you something to do in your free time."

"You got me a gift?" Bucky asked as he grabbed it.

"Don't read too much into it."

Bucky's mouth slowly dropped. "The Hobbit?"

"Isn't that the book you wanted to read?" Steve asked a bit shocked.

"Yeah," Bucky spoke softly. His eyes never left the front cover. "I didn't have enough time to look around." He looked at me and smiled. "This is great." I was startled when he surprised me with a hug. "Thank you." He kissed my cheek and it caught me off guard entirely. "I'll cherish it."

"You don't have to," I muttered as I gently pushed him back by his chest, ignoring the blush that rose on my cheeks. "It's just a book."

Bucky looked at Steve. "Take care of her for me and don't do anything stupid until I get back."

"How can I? You're taking all the stupid with you," Steve retorted with a sad grin.

Bucky smiled at us one last time before boarding. I let out a breath as we started walking away.

"You know what you did?" Steve began.

I rolled my eyes. "I didn't do anything. It's just a friendly gesture that you're both reading too much into it. If I gave you a book, you'd know it's between friends."

"Not to Bucky." He looked at me. "You gave him something he likes. Most of the girls we know aren't like that."

"Because most girls he tries to set you up with are dames?" I guessed with a brow raised.

"Sorta." We looked around to see a few guys looking at me. A few were licking their lips and checking me out, but stopped when I glared at them. One guy clicked his tongue and whistled at me as if I were some dog. "Hey, you owe her an apology!"

"She knows what she's doing wearing that in public," the guy said.

My eyes glowed white as I levitated the man. His eyes popped out as he tried a way to get down. A few people thought it was just some magic act and laughed at him. When my eyes glowed brighter, I threw the man toward the garbage bins.

"I don't think I would ever get used to that," Steve commented.

"People thinking I'm a dame or me using my powers?" I questioned.

"Both." We started walking again. "So, where are you from again?"

"That depends, do you want the truth or the answer I give everyone?"

"I prefer the truth."

"Of course, you do."

》》》》

Steve and I arrived back at his apartment. He held the door open for me and allowed me to go first. I did give him tiny details about my past. Mostly, about my home in Azarath. His eyes nearly popped out learning that I was from another planet.

He sat on his couch and the only thing he uttered was, "Wow."

"Really? You just learned that a girl you met yesterday is an alien and that's all you have to say?"

"What else can I say?"

"I don't know. Scream? Run away? Kill me?"

"I'm not in any position to do that. And I wouldn't be different from any other bully if I did." He had a faint smile on his lips. "You might be the first person who hasn't made fun of me because of my size."

"I'm not one to judge," I said. "Just because you're small doesn't mean you're not strong. And there are times the strong can be small." I walked over and sat on the table in front of him. "Believe me, Rogers, I'm the last person who would ever judge you."

He nodded. "Thank you."

》》》》

I was preparing Steve for his first day in the military. I adjusted his tie, which was a bit odd because he's shorter than me now. "I'll be sure to write," he stated.

I raised my brow. "You expect me to just sit back and not do anything?" I deadpanned. I'm still unsure how long I must stay in this timeline. I could be gone today, tomorrow, or even a month, but I can't just sit on the sidelines and do nothing.

"Not really. But they won't allow you in just to watch."

"Steve, I have my ways of getting inside without enlisting."

"You're not going to scare anyone, are you?"

"Does it matter if I did? I'm doing this for you." I had to think of another lie. "I don't trust those soldiers to not mess with you."

"Thank you for your concern, but I'll be fine. I hope."

"And you're acting like that's going to stop me."

Steve let out a breath. "I know."

》》》》

I created a portal from the other side of Camp Lehigh before walking in. My eyes looked around until I found a spare female uniform. It looked completely different from the others but I just snagged it and put it on. I snuck out of the tent while I put my hair up in a high ponytail.

"Hello," I heard a feminine British accent call from behind. When I turned around I saw a woman in the same uniform as me with part of her curly hair pinned back being followed by a man holding a box of clipboards. It didn't take me long to realize that it was Peggy Carter. I remember Steve saying this is where they first met.

"Hi," I deadpanned. She furrowed her brows which got me to stand up staighter. "Did you need something?"

"No," Peggy trailed off as she looked at me. "I wasn't informed another agent joining me."

"Last minute decision. Can't do much about it." I held my hand out to her. "I'm Agent Roth. Looking forward to work with you, Agent Carter."

"We're both ladies here, you can call me Peggy," she smiled.

"Raven." I looked around the camp. "Sorry, I'm still finding my way around here."

"No problem, come with me." I nodded and followed Peggy to the field where the recruits were doing jumping jacks. I found Steve and his eyes widened when he spotted me. I gave him a look that told him not to blow my cover. "Recruits, attention!" The recruits stopped what they were doing. "Gentlemen, I am Agent Carter. I supervise all operations for this division. And this is my assistant, Agent Roth."

"What's with the accent, Queen Victoria?" one of the recruits asked with clear intent to mock her. "I thought I was signing up for th U.S. Army."

Peggy's demeanor didn't falter. "What's your name, soldier?"

"Gilmore Hodge, Your Majesty."

"You're mocking her and your name's Gilmore?" I retorted.

Peggy held her hand up to stop me, yet her eyes didn't leave his. "Step forward, Hodge," she ordered. Gilmore poked his tongue against his cheek as he took a step. "Put your right foot forward."

"We gonna wrestle?" Gilmore joked as his wrestle sounded like wrassle. "'Cause I got a few moves I know you'll like." He smirked at me. "I've got enough moves for the both of ya."

To my surprise, Peggy punched the man right in the nose. Just the one punch was enough to knock him to the floor. Now I understand Steve's crush on her.

"Agents!" we heard someone shout.

"Colonel Phillips," Peggy greeted.

"I can see that you are breaking in the candidates. That's good!"

I crossed my arms. "That's not the only thing she's breaking," I muttered.

Colonel Phillips shook his head at Gilmore. "Get your ass up out of that dirt and stand in that line at attention 'til somebody comes tells you what to do."

Gilmore nodded and shouted, "Yes, sir!"

I looked toward Steve and saw him mouthed, "What are you doing here?"

I ignored his question as Colonel Phillips continued, "General Patton has said that wars are fought with weapons, but they are won by men. We are going to win this war because we have the best men." He noticed Steve and stared. I could already sense his judgemental thoughts, so I conjured up a small tentacle to come up from the back of his shirt and slapped the back of his head, which brought him back. "And because they are going to get better. Much better."

When I looked at Steve, he shook his head in disappointment. I'm already here too late for me to go back now.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

4.5K 131 11
Marvel X Reader Mainly for female reader but can write for other genders :) I do take requests, and this is for all marvel universes I don't own any...
326K 6.5K 43
Different imagines of situations with different marvel characters - most will be avengers - I do not own any of the marvel characters- all rights fo...
181K 6K 86
𝗙𝗔𝗠𝗜𝗟𝗬 | "ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ (ʏ/ɴ) ᴢᴏʟᴏʜᴏᴠ ғɪɢʜᴛs ғᴏʀ ʜᴇʀ ғᴀᴍɪʟʏ." ⧗ вσσк тωσ σƒ тнє zσℓσнσν ѕєяιєѕ "𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙫𝙚, 𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙖𝙞𝙙 𝙖 𝙗𝙖𝙙 𝙡𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙪𝙖𝙜�...
462K 12.6K 28
What would happen if Raven joined the Avengers? [Disclaimer: I just own Raven's lines and her part in the story.] [Set during Age of Ultron.]