Stark Expo

"Steve?" I breathed. This...This can't be Steve. The Steve I know is a lot, well, less scrawny and frail.

Steve's brows furrowed as he stood. He held his shoulder in pain from where he landed on the trash. "Do I know you, miss?" he asked.

Ok, what's going on? Did I accidentally teleport myself into another universe? Is that why Steve's looking at me as if we're meeting for the first time?

"That's a neat trick you did there, doll face," I heard behind. I turn around to see Bucky, except, just like Steve, he looks completely different. His hair isn't long, it's short but covered by at since he's wearing a military uniform. He doesn't have his bionic metal arm and I don't see a haunting look on his face. "I should thank you for helping my friend. I was starting to think he likes getting punched."

It was then I started putting the pieces together. I didn't go to another universe. Somehow, while casting that spell, I got teleported back in time. I was transported back to the 40s before Steve got the serum. Does this mean what he said to me back at Sam's house true?

"So, can we have the name?" Bucky asked. I didn't realize I spaced out. When I looked at him, he was already scanning my body. Bucky didn't look away when I caught him. He seemed even more amused when I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Keep staring at me like that and you're not going to," I growled.

"Sorry about him, miss," Steve apologized. Wow, he's still a gentleman back then. I thought he was faking it when I first met him, sorta like a new beginning, new attitude kinda thing. He motioned to Bucky. "This is James Barnes." He placed his hand over his chest. "I'm Steve Rogers. Somehow, you know my name."

"You look like a Steve," I gave a stupid excuse.

"Well, if it isn't much trouble, can we get your name?"

I let out a breath and decided to be nice. I held my hand out for them to shake. "I'm Raven. Nice to meet you." 

Steve shook my hand. Bucky grabbed my hand but instead of shaking it, he brought it to his lips and kissed the back of it. 

"I think I just found my new favorite bird," Bucky mumbled with a grin.

How could I forget that Bucky's a womanizer? If he did this to any other girl, I'm sure they'll swoon. But it won't work on me. I'll admit Bucky's handsome with nice blue eyes...and that's it. It's only been a minute and I don't understand how I could end up with someone like him.

"Great, now I'll have to sanitize my hand," I grumbled while I pulled my hand away. Steve bit his lip to hold back a chuckle while Bucky tried not to look offended by my comment. I noticed an envelope on the ground and went to pick it up. It must've fallen when Steve was getting punched. "I think this belongs to you, Steve."

"Oh, thank you," he said while he went to reach for it, only to be intercepted by Bucky. He grabbed it, took the papers out, and started scanning it.

"Oh, you're from Paramus, now?" Bucky asked Steve with a bit of disappointment in his voice. "You know it's illegal to lie on the enlistment form. And seriously, Jersey?"

I pretended I didn't know what they were talking about. "You're signing up for the military?" I asked.

"Trying to," Steve answered. "But..." He let out a breath. "I've been rejected because I don't -"

"Because you have a weak body," I stated plainly. Steve slowly nodded. "Look, you're going to get rejected a lot because they want people with strong bodies. But that doesn't mean you should give up. There will be someone that will enlist you someday."