Awkward

Steve and I walked through the mall in our disguises. He just had a hat and glasses while I grabbed a hoodie with a blonde wig and put it over my head. I tried to walk and act normally but it was getting a bit difficult with Steve looking behind his shoulder every five seconds before he tries to run.

"I take it you never ran from the cops before?" I asked as I kept my eyes forward. "First thing you should know is to walk, don't run. That just makes you look more suspicious."

"And you know this how?" I gave him a pointed look. "Right."

I sighed. "And stop looking back every five seconds. If we get caught, I'll just portal us out of here. So...keep walking."

"Good. If I run in these shoes, they're gonna fall off."

I rolled my eyes as we entered the Mac store. We've pretended to take a look at a few computers before we were near the corner where fewer people were. That's when I pulled the burner phone out and called Natasha.

"Took you a while," she answered on the first ring.

"Next time, you're partnering up with Steve," I commented as I pulled the flash drive out of my pocket. "Now what do you want us to do?"

"Put the flash drive in. The drive has a Level Six homing program, so as soon as we boot up SHIELD will know exactly where we are."

"How much time do we have?" Steve wondered.

"Nine minutes," I answered. "Nat, you got it from here."

From Nat's side, she was able to hack into the computer we were on. I saw a few files opening.

"Fury was right about that ship, somebody's trying to hide something," she informed us. "This drive is protected by some sort of AI, it keeps rewriting itself to counter my commands."

"Can you override it?" Steve asked.

"The person who developed this is slightly smarter than me. Slightly. I'm gonna try running a tracer." I saw the tracer pop up as a few more files started to scan. "This is a program that SHIELD developed to track hostile malware, so if we can't read the file, maybe we can find out where it came from."

I nearly jumped when one of the workers came up to us. "Can I help you guys with anything?" he asked.

"No," I deadpanned as a map popped up. I placed my hands over the keyboard as I tried to make it look like I was typing. I wanted to slap the worker for looking at me. It doesn't take a genius to know what he's thinking so I have to make up a lie."My fiance and I were just trying to find some honeymoon destinations." Steve froze next to me while the guy's eyes popped out.

"Right, we're getting married," Steve choked. I'm pretty sure Nat's smirking at our lie.

The guys slowly took a step back. "Congratulations. Where do you guys thinking about going?" he asked.

There was a loud ping as a map popped up once we got the signal. "New Jersey," I replied without removing my gaze from the screen.

"Oh," he said. I glanced up to see the man looking at Steve which got him a bit more twitchy. He pointed at Steve with his mouth open and said, "I have the exact same glasses."

"Wow, you two are practically twins," I responded sarcastically.

"Yeah, I wish." He motioned his hand around Steve. "Specimen." Then he gave Steve a goofy grin while patting him on the shoulder. "And way ta go, man." Steve's brows shot which made the employee uncomfortable. "Uh...if you guys need anything, I've been Aaron."

I paid no mind to Aaron. "You can stop smirking, Nat," I said once he left.

"I'm not smirking," she lied. "So, when's the wedding?"