Give me the Green-light (tell...

By zekegourmet

It's been 14 years of knowing each other and 3 years of marriage and one day she finds him cheating on her Wi... More

Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Author's note

Chapter three

2.4K 80 11
By zekegourmet

Flashback

July 7
4:03 am

I heard his alarm ring and woke up before he could and I brushed my teeth.

He miraculously doesn't have bad breath at all after waking up. He woke up and saw me looking at him. He smiled a bit and came closer.

Yes he's not such a tsundere when he wakes up.

He touched his lips to my slightly parted ones. When he was going to break apart I kissed him back. He smirked and I felt it. He mumbled to my lips.

"Why are you being so nice today nanodayo?"

"Hmm?"

"Is it because today is special?"

"Isn't everyday with me special?"

"..."

"I know. I'm just too good."

"You are"

"Heh. I'm only joking Mr. Midorima Shintaro."

"Right now I must wake up Mrs. Midorima Shintaro."

I felt my cheeks heating up. Only he could make me feel this way. I nodded.

He woke up to get ready and go to his workplace which is a hospital.

Being Japan's most famous doctor he has a lot of expectations and he's the most reliable that way.

He pushes himself so much and he's always at his best at work.

He truly deserves the award of being Japan's best doctor.

He's just too good isn't he?

My best friend. My lover. My husband.

I woke up to make him breakfast. He likes red bean soup at anytime of the day but I'd decided to make that for dinner as Shin didn't like going out so much. I made pancakes. He liked them so he'd eat them.

Honestly he'd even eat my food disaster just so I wouldn't be disappointed in myself.
Interrupting my thoughts he walked in and acknowledged my presence.

"Yume"

I turned to face him. It's his birthday. I pretend to forget. He thinks I've forgotten. How could I? I love him too much.

"Eh? What?"

"Do you know today is good day for cancers?"

"You say that everyday, Shin"

"Tch. Not everyday nanodayo. But today is supposed to be good"

I turned away and smiled.

"Okay"

He was reading the newspaper and eating breakfast. I decided to get ready for my work just to annoy him.

"I'm going to have a shower. See you tonight."

"But so early? Not like I care or anything nanodayo. Why?"

"I know you don't care."

I winked and he widened his eyes and blushed furiously.

"Just some work to do shin"

"Hmph"

I started to walk away as I heard the chair move indicating he got up. He cleared his throat. I turn around to bump into his chest.

He immediately straightens me up by holding my shoulders and when I look at him and smile he takes his hands off me while looking away.

Then he leans down to kiss my forehead and then he turns away to leave. I follow him to the door.

"Do you know what the lucky item for today's special day, Yume?"

"What is it?"

*ring ring*

"Ah. I have to take it. It's the hospital nanodayo. Might be an emergency. I'll talk with you afterwards."

"Bye Shin"

I closed the door after he left. I heard his car buzzing to life and speeding off.
I went to do the household work and then finally leave for my own work.

Midorima POV

It's strange that she doesn't remember my birthday. She never forgets like that. Maybe she has a lot on her mind as well. I'll tell her what day it is today. Sometime later.

*ring ring*

"Shin chan! Happy birthday! What did Yume chan do for you eh? Something fun?"

"Ah. Takao you remembered."

"I wouldn't forget Shin chan. So? What did she give?"

"She forgot"

"She can't!"

"She did"

"I'm sure she'll remember Shin chan. She will."

"I hope she does. Not like I care if she does"

"Such a tsundere as always shin chan"

"Tch. I am not anything of that sort."

"As you say shin chan. Have you told her that you love her yet?"

"Not yet nanodayo. Tonight I will."

She didn't even tell me that she loves me when she said goodbye while I was leaving. Is she drifting away from me?

"Shin chan? I guess you're busy hehehe I'll call later. Don't you worry about Yume chan she'll remember today."

"Hmm"

I cut the call and finally entered the hospital and a few members wished me and I thanked them.

I signed a few documents and then went to get the lucky item for the day. After that I had my lunch in office and completed 3 surgeries.

After the long process I sat down in my cabin and took my phone out to call Yume.

Just when I started to dial her number, someone grabbed my phone away from me.

xxxxxx

I came back from work exhausted but still pretty excited.

I decorated our home with lights and lanterns. I got fresh flowers and put them in various vases around and then I finally got dressed.

Shin is wearing a black shirt and blue jeans. I wore a black dress that ended right below my knees and blue converse high tops.

I straightened my hair and let it down. It wasn't very long. Just shoulder length. I finally wore a grey shrug which ends right below my waist. I squirt some perfume on myself and dab on some make up.
Because
hey! I want to impress my husband.

I grabbed the car keys and the cake I got him and the watch.

That carrot. I got him a cake with green icing shaped like a carrot just to see how his eyebrows twitch in irritation.

Of course the watch costed a lot more than I expected it to but I can very much afford stuff like that now.

Thank god about how fortunate I am.

I drove to his hospital and parked my car in the basement. It wasn't crowded because its late. It's about 9pm.

I took the elevator to the 12th floor. I walked towards his cabin and tried opening it. It was locked? Shin never locks his cabin.

I leaned on the glass beside the door and tried looking for my phone despite having a bag in my hand.

The bag slipped and I slightly bend to catch it before it falls and when I look up and I can see Shin through the blinds of his cabin he's turning towards something.

No wait... Someone... Some woman.

A nurse? I can't hear what they're talking because of the sound proof glass but I can see her.

And she's wearing his...glasses and she's caressing...his cheek...and his hands...are on her...waist?

I took a few steps backwards my breath was caught in my throat.

I wasn't able to process this in my mind. Shin is cheating on me?

I mean Midorima.

He's been with me since we were children. He never seemed to show any interest in the female population.

I was the only girl he communicated with. Did he ever love me? He hasn't said he loves me. Ever. Now I know why.

I can't see clearly because my eyes are teary and blurry. I throw the bags I got for him in front of his cabin and run down the stairs. I can't think of a reason.

Midorima POV

I try to grab my phone back but the hands just keep them in a pocket. It's my assistant. Nyraa.

"What do you want nanodayo? Just give me my phone"

"What do I want? I want you"

"You're having absurd thoughts nanodayo. Let me have some privacy. You can leave after you give me my phone."

She grabs my glasses and places herself on my lap. I try to resist she won't budge.

"What kind of disrespectful behaviour is this?!"

"I'm just trying to give you some pleasure,you s*** animal"

"Don't use such words and let me go"

"Ah your cheeks are so manly yet soft"

"Don't do this I am not that kind of person"

"What? A person who cheats on a wife he doesn't love? Hahahahahaha"

I push her off my waist with a lot of effort cause she's clinging on me. I snatched my phone out of her pockets when I pushed her off.

"Hmm. How hot of you to do that. Can you do more?"

"No. I have no time. I'll let the managers deal with this."

"So you're going back to some woman who you don't even love? Leaving this?"

She's pointing at her torn nurse uniform. I don't want to gaze lower than her eyes. I shook my head.

"Goodbye nanodayo you should find someone else and yes I love my wife very much"

I heard a loud thud outside the cabin. I unlock it and see two bags lying on the floor. I see a person running and it's the one person I've loved everyday of my life after I met her and fell for her.

But why is she running away?

She saw us? I try to call out to her but she's already down half the stairs. It's 12 floors and she's going down the stairs being the lazy person that she is.

I need to know what's going on. I went after her I almost caught up with her but she just left with her car at a speed she wouldn't like to drive at.

I follow her with my own car. I place the bags in my left seat and shift gears.

I finally reach home and see there's lights and lanterns scattered everywhere. They must've looked really nice with the arrangement they seemed to have been in.

I unlock the door to see her tearing everything. She looks beautiful in what she's wearing even though she's in tears and she's wrecking our home.

She remembered. My birthday.

She didn't forget. She planned everything for me.

I try to stop her. Her black eyes were red, wet with more tears. Her cheeks were tear stained.

xxxxxx

I start my car and head back to our home. I tear off all the lights and lanterns over the whole place and I hear the door click. He's here.

"Yume?"

"Call me Murasakibara. Never, call me by my name again."

"What is all this nanodayo? What happened?"

"What happened? Nothing happened"

"Don't ruin what you've done. It must've been quite a task"

"Yes it was Shintaro Midorima"

His eyes widen because of the fact that I'm calling him by his full name which I never do. No matter how mad I am at him. He came closer.

"Calm down nanodayo. Tell me what happened?"

I couldn't hold the tears in anymore they just flowed freely as I spoke.

"No wonder you left early and came back home late"

"What are you talking about?"

"You never loved me or never cared! I was just a burden wasn't I? So she's the woman of your dreams? The woman you love?"

"It's not like that nanodayo-"

"No. I saw you both. You love her,don't you? Cause of course she's younger and better looking. She even makes you happy I can see. I thought you loved me but no"

"I do lo-"

"I don't want to hear anything"

I choked he came closer and he hugged me.

As much as I wanted to just stay there in the warmth of his arms I couldn't.

I felt like I was vulnerable.

I hate being vulnerable.

I pushed him away and he had wide eyes when I did so.

I have never reacted to his touch in such a way before.

"Don't you dare touch me again"

"Yume I-"

I started screaming without even bothering to look at him because of the tears.

"It's Murasakibara. And Midorima Shintaro we're done."

"Please just once listen to me-"

" I've seen it with my own eyes I don't think I should listen to anything you have to say please just go to sleep. I will fulfil all my duties as a wife for the three months except talking to you. I will apply the divorce first thing in the morning tomorrow and you can live in peace with your beloved. Thank you for playing with my feelings for 14 years Shintaro Midorima. Good night."

I turned to walk away as a voice stopped me. It was cracking.

"Wait. Here's your lucky item of the day."

" I don't need it"

"Just take it and proceed"

My back was turned towards him but I let an hand out it was a little box and I felt a hand touch my fingers slightly it was electric and I felt my heart skip a beat. I grabbed the box and closed the door to the guest room.

I changed into to my pyjamas after burning myself in the shower. Burning hot water wasn't enough pain. I was tired of life itself. I see the little box I kept next to my folded clothes.

I picked it. I opened it to see a small note and a bracelet. It was an emerald star with a thin silver platinum chain. The note said.

"Your lucky item of the day is an emerald and I know you don't like hearts so I asked them for a star. This will suit you well"

I heard a very soft and melodious tune being played on the piano but it was painful at the same time.

He only plays the piano when he's very happy or very sad. At this point I didn't know what he was feeling.
Right now I know I should just sleep. But.

I cried again and again. I fell asleep after cleaning the entire house. It was 3 and I woke up at four again cooked breakfast for him and fell asleep again.

These three months are going to be painful.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54K 1.5K 6
You and Midorima are best friends since you two went to the daycare together, but over the time you developed feelings for him. Romantical feelings. ...
60.4K 1.9K 20
© March 2015 [Book Two of KnB Trilogy] • unrevised • "Convince me if you're worthy of my forgiveness." He said-- And he did, til he finally receive h...
1.2M 25.4K 58
Discontinued.
153K 3.8K 31
This is a story of how Akashi Seijurou and Kuroko Tetsuya's love story began. Hello minna! Please vote and read my fanfic. Don't forget to follow me...