The Secret Heart|Jisoo|Haein|...

By hollytrag

Two extraordinary men find themselves captivated by a woman of intricate allure, whose heart seems unattainab... More

TᕼE ᔕEᑕᖇET ᕼEᗩᖇT: ᘔEᖇO
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 1: ᑎO TIᗰE TO ᔕᑭᗩᖇE
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 2: ᔕTᗩᒪᒪIᑎG Iᑎ ᗩ ᗪᖇI-ᖴIT
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 3: ᑭᒪᗩY ᗯITᕼ ᗰᗩTᑕᕼEᔕ, YOᑌ GET ᗷᑌᖇᑎEᗪ
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 4: ᔕIᒪᐯEᖇ ᔕᕼOᖇEᔕ Oᖴ ᖇEᗩᒪITY
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 5: ᑕᗩᖇEᖴᑌᒪ ᗯITᕼ TᕼE ᒪIGᕼTᔕ Oᖴ YEᔕTEᖇᗪᗩY
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 6: ᗯᗩᐯEᖇIᑎG ᒪOYᗩᒪTY
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 7: ᔕOᗰETᕼIᑎG TᕼE EYEᔕ ᑕᗩᑎ TEᒪᒪ
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 8: ᑌᑎE᙭ᑭEᑕTEᗪ EᗰOTIOᑎᔕ TO TᕼE ᑕᒪOᔕEᗪ EYEᗪ
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 9: TᕼE ᑕOᑎᗪITIOᑎ Oᖴ ᒪOᐯE
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 10: ᑎIGᕼTᗰᗩᖇEᔕ ᗯITᕼIᑎ ᖇEᗩᒪIT'ᔕ EᗰᗷᖇᗩᑕE
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 11: TᕼE ᑌᑎᗷᖇOKEᑎ ᒪEGᗩᑕY
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 12: ᖴOᖇᗰIᗪᗩᗷᒪE ᖴOᖇᑕEᔕ
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 13: ᖴᗩᗰIᒪY ᗪIᔕᑕOᖇᗪ
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 14: ᗯIᑎᗪᑌᑭ EᗰOTIOᑎᔕ
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 15: ᗷEᕼIᑎᗪ TᕼOᔕE TEᗩᖇᔕ
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 16: TEᑎTᗩTIᐯE ᒪOOKᔕ Oᖴ ᗪEᔕIᖇE
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 17: ᗷITTEᖇ ᗷᒪOOᗪ
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 18: ᖇEᐯEᖇIEᔕ
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 19: ᖴOᖇ ᗷETTEᖇ Oᖇ ᗯOᖇᔕE
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 20: Oᒪᗪ ᗯᗩYᔕ ᑕᗩᒪᒪIᑎG
ᑕᕼᗩPTEᖇ 21: ᒪOᔕT ᗩᑎᗪ ᖴOᑌᑎᗪ
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 22: ᗪᗩᑎGEᖇOᑌᔕ ᗰOᐯEᔕ
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 23: Iᑎ ᗩᑎOTᕼEᖇ ᒪIᖴE
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 24: ᗯITᕼEᖇIᑎG ᗪᗩYᔕ
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 25: GOᑎE
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 26: ᗪEᔕᑕᖇIᑭTIᐯE TᕼOᑌGᕼTᔕ
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 27: TᕼE ᑌᑎᔕᑭOKEᑎ
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 28: ᔕᗩᒪT TO ᗯOᑌᑎᗪᔕ
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 29: ᗩTOᑎIᑎG ᖴOᖇ ᗰY ᔕIᑎᔕ
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 30: ᗪEᑕIᔕIᐯE GᗩᗰEᔕ
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 31: ᖴᗩᗰIᒪY ᗩᖴᖴᗩIᖇᔕ
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 32: ᒪᗩTE ᑎIGᕼT ᑕᗩᒪᒪ
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 33: ᗪOᑌᗷTᖴᑌᒪ ᕼEᗩᖇT
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 34: ᔕᗩᑕᖇEᗪ ᒪOᐯE
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 35: KIᔕᔕ ᗰE ᗰOᖇE
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 36: ᗷᖇIGᕼT ᗩᑎᗪ ᑕOᑎᑕEITEᗪ
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 37: TᕼE EᗰᗷᖇᗩᑕE Oᖴ ᗩ ᖴᖇIEᑎᗪ
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 38: TᕼᖇᑌTᕼᖴᑌᒪᒪY ᕼOᑎEᔕT
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 39: TᕼE ᗩᗯᗩITEᗪ ᒪETTEᖇ
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 40: ᑕOᐯETOᑌᔕ
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 41: TᕼE ᖴᗩᐯOᖇ
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 42: Iᑎ TᕼIᔕ ᖴᗩTEᖴᑌᒪ ᖇOOᗰ
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 43: ᗷᖇᑌIᔕEᗪ ᗩᑎᗪ ᗷᖇOKEᑎ ᗷOᑎEᔕ
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 44: TᕼE ᑌᑎKᑎOᗯᑎ ᔕEᑎTIᗰEᑎT
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 45: ᖴᖇIEᑎᗪ Oᖇ ᖴOE
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 46: ᗰY Oᗯᑎ ᗪᗩᖇK ᔕEᑕᖇETᔕ
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 47: ᗩᒪᒪ TᕼEᔕE I ᑭᒪᗩᑕE
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 48: ᗰY ᗯᗩY
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 49: TᕼE ᔕEᗩ ᗯITᕼ ITᔕ ᗪEEᑭᑎEᔕᔕ
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 50: TᕼE ᑕᖇᑌᗰᗷᒪIᑎG TOᗯEᖇ
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 51: TᕼE ᗷᒪᑌE TIᗪE
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 52: EᒪᗪOᖇIᗩ'ᔕ GOᒪᗪEᑎ ᕼIᔕTOᖇY
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 53: TᕼE ᗰIᔕᔕIᑎG ᑭIEᑕEᔕ
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 54: TᕼE ᗪOᗯᑎᑭOᑌᖇ
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 55: ᗷIGGEᖇ Tᕼᗩᑎ TᕼE ᗯᕼOᒪE ᔕKY
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 56: ᗪᗩᑎᑕE TᕼE ᑎIGᕼT ᗩᗯᗩY
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 57: ᗯᕼᗩT EYEᔕ ᑕᗩᑎ TEᒪᒪ
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 58: EᑎOᑌGᕼ GᗩᗰEᔕ
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 59: TᕼE ᔕEᑎTIᗰEᑎT Oᖴ TᕼE ᕼEᗩᖇT
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 60: IT ᑕᑌTᔕ ᗩᑎᗪ ᕼᑌᖇTᔕ
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 61: TᕼE ᗯOᑎᗪEᖇᔕ Oᖴ YOᑌ
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 62: ᗰᗩᖇᖇIᗩGE ᑭᖇOᑭOᔕᗩᒪ
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 63: TᕼE ᑭᖇEᗪᗩTOᖇ
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 64: TᕼE ᗪᗩᖇK ᔕIᗪE Oᖴ TᕼIᑎGᔕ
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 66: ᒪOᐯE ᗰE ᗩᑎYᗯᗩY
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 67: TᕼE ᑕᒪᗩᗯIᑎG ᗰOOᑎ
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 68: TᕼE ᑭᖇEᗪIᑕᗩᗰEᑎT
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 69: ᑕᖇY Oᖴ ᗩ TᕼOᑌᔕᗩᑎᗪ ᗰOOᑎᔕ
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 70: ᗰOᖇE Tᕼᗩᑎ ᗩᑎYTᕼIᑎG, ᗪEᗩᖇ
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 71: OᑎE Oᖴ ᑌᔕ
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 72: ᔕᕼᗩᗪOᗯᔕ Oᖴ TᕼE ᑭᗩᔕT
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 73: ᗯIᔕᕼ ᗯE ᑕOᑌᒪᗪ
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 74: ᗩᒪIEᑎ ᒪOᐯE
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 75: ᗩᒪTEᖇIᑎG ᗪᖇEᗩᗰᔕ Oᖴ ᖇEᗩᒪITY
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 76: TᕼE IᗪOᒪIᘔEᗪ ᖴᗩᑕEᔕ
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 77: ᖴᖇᗩGIᒪE ᗷY ᗪEᖴEᑕT
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 78: TᕼE ᑌᑎTOᒪᗪ TᖇᑌTᕼ
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 79: TOᖇᖇEᑎTIᗩᒪ ᖇᗩIᑎᖴᗩᒪᒪ
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 80: Eᑎᗪ Oᖴ TIᗰEᔕ
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 81: ᗩᑎ ᗩᑎGEᒪ'ᔕ ᗪᑌTY
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 82: ᗪOᖇᗰᗩᑎT ᕼEᗩᖇTᔕ
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 83: TᕼE ᗯEᒪᒪ Oᖴ ᗰEᗰOᖇIEᔕ
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 84: ᖴᗩTEᖴᑌᒪ TEᗩᖇᔕ
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 85: TᖇᑌE ᕼEᗩᖇTᔕ ᗩᒪᗯᗩYᔕ ᗯIᑎ
EᑭIᒪOGᑌE 1/2
EᑭIᒪOGᑌE 2/2

ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 65: TᕼE ᖴᗩᑕᗩᗪE

85 16 3
By hollytrag

² ᵐᵒʰˢ ˡᵃᵗᵉʳ

In an instant, the world around her shifted. The undeniable reality was that change was inevitable, whether welcomed or not. Clinging to the present or resisting what she disliked wouldn't halt the march of change; it only prolonged her pain. Despite the transformations all around her, Elena found a newfound sense of self, relying more on her emotions than ever before.

Navigating through change can be a challenging and uneasy journey. Despite the discomfort, she held onto hope that the transformations she faced would lead to something greater. Placing her trust in those who professed their love and care for her, she believed that they had her best interests at heart. For the first time, she let down her guard, only to realize later that it was a decision she would come to regret soon.

News of her engagement had spread far and wide, eliciting a range of reactions, just as their families had predicted. While the public was captivated by the union of the two individuals, the business world was thrown into a state of fear and frustration. The thought of a Callaway and a McLain joining in marriage sent shockwaves through the industry, as the potential repercussions on the economy loomed large.

The business community strongly opposed the intertwining of the two families, foreseeing the emergence of a formidable monopoly that could spell disaster for many enterprises. The prospect of a Callaway-McLain alliance posed a significant threat, as it would further consolidate the power of these industry giants, making it nearly impossible for smaller fish to compete.

James found himself facing a harsh reality as his presidential candidacy was thrown into turmoil. The news of his daughter's engagement to a Callaway caused a rift among the poor and middle-class voters, who now struggled to trust his promises and vision for the country. The sudden announcement of the engagement had cast a shadow over his campaign, making it increasingly difficult to garner support from those who doubted his ability to represent their interests.

"Mr. McLain, it has been reported that you have been advocating for transparency in the election process throughout your campaign. Can you confirm this, and if so, what is the reason behind it?" Asked a reporter, drawing the attention of the gathered press. James flashed a confident smile at the camera before responding with a nod, ready to address the question head-on.

"We must all hope for one thing: that there will be no backlash before, during and after the election. Those who chose not to participate should not be subjected to intimidation or attacks," James stated firmly, his gaze unwavering as he addressed the viewers at home.

"Is it fair to suggest that you are only bringing attention to this issue now due to the weakening of your alliances with other states as a result of the negative reception to your campaign?" another reporter probed, causing James to feel a sense of threat in the air.

"No, it is not a reaction to weakened alliances. It is a response to the failure of certain political parties to demonstrate their responsibility and dedication to the people they purport to represent. It is now the duty of those still in the running to showcase their independence, autonomy, seriousness, and commitment to the nation, unlike those who have fallen short," James asserted with unwavering determination.

"Mr. McLain, how do you respond to the pressing questions being asked across the nation regarding the state of the economy? Many fear that a consolidation of wealth through a monopoly will only exacerbate inequality and poverty," another reporter interjected. James shifted his focus to the new questioner, ready to address the concerns raised.

"At this moment, our primary focus should be on steering our economy towards recovery. However, I am concerned that the apprehension surrounding my daughter's engagement being seen as a signal of future economic aspirations could potentially hinder our progress. If not handled effectively, this situation may place additional strain on our economy, leading to a rise in inflation and a deterioration of the overall macroeconomic landscape," James remarked, highlighting the potential risks ahead.

"I understand that this may be difficult for everyone to grasp. Rest assured, I will take swift action to clarify any concerns and ensure that my daughter's engagement is not overshadowed by public scrutiny," James declared with a solemn air of comprehension.

Nearby, Axel stood by his father, observing the reporters' probing questions and discerning their underlying intentions to discredit his father. It was evident from the room's atmosphere that James was not the most favored candidate among the press.

~

While the McLains engaged with the media, the Callaways were relishing the gradual unraveling of James' presidential campaign. Harold had invited his son over for a conversation, mainly to celebrate and applaud his son's brilliance.

Carlton's family life and interests were thriving according to plan, with everything falling into place as he had envisioned—except for his relationship with Elena. Despite their engagement, Elena found herself increasingly rattled by her family's situation, causing a growing discord between them.

"Oh, Carlton, it is truly remarkable how effortlessly you have outshined that tyrant! It has been two months of futile attempts for him to secure the presidency," Harold exclaimed with a broad smile on his face, his bushy brows arching as he looked at his son. Carlton nodded humbly, offering a slight bow of his head as he raised his glass in a toast to his father's words.

"But what do my aging eyes perceive here? It appears you are not entirely at ease and enjoying this as you should," Harold remarked, noticing the intensity in Carlton's gaze. Carlton's eyes met his father's with determination as he set down his glass.

"Let me guess, it's the McLain girl!" he exclaimed with a hint of irritation. Carlton clenched his glass tightly, a sense of tension building as he observed his father's reaction.

"Elena, father! Her name is Elena, my soon-to-be wife! Can you at least pretend in front of me that you like her? Show some respect for her when I'm around!" Carlton scolded, his eyes reflecting his seriousness. Harold chuckled in disbelief, his hands balling into fists.

"I strongly advise against marrying a woman like her! Believe me when I say the only reason she hasn't left you is due to her father's pressure to go through with the marriage! She's merely obeying her father's commands!" Harold stated, causing Carlton to bristle with irritation. He slammed his hands on the table, leaning forward to meet his father's gaze with frustrated eyes.

"She loves me, and I will not let her go just because you disapprove of her! She will be the mother of my children and the lady of my house! Do not overstep, Father! I am devoted to you, but I am also devoted to her. I will not tolerate any disrespect towards my fiancée!" Carlton declared firmly, his gaze unwavering as he confronted his father, who appeared visibly agitated by Carlton's bold stance.

"I allowed you to witness James McLain's impending downfall, but in return, I am now facing turmoil in my relationship with the woman I love! Do not sabotage this for me, Father! If you truly care for me, you would not stand in the way of my happiness with Elena!" Carlton asserted before storming out of the room, leaving his father alone in silence. Harold scoffed in utter disdain at the unfortunate predicament he found himself in now that his son was engaged to a McLain.

The pale crescent moon gleamed like a silvery claw in the night sky as Carlton drove his car towards Elena's home. His thoughts were consumed with disappointment following yet another contentious encounter with his father. Their arguments always circled back to his engagement to Elena. Despite his frustration with his father's disapproval, Carlton still held respect for him and hoped for a resolution as always.

Arriving at Elena's house, Carlton noticed her newly adopted dog barking at the headlights of his car through the giant glass window of the house. He let out a resigned sigh, finding the dog more bothersome than endearing. Quickly getting out of the car, he made his way inside without giving the dog much thought.

"Get out of my sight!" Carlton scolded, gesturing for the dog to leave the house. Reeve promptly darted outside and began sniffing around in the grass.

"I could have sworn Elena was allergic to animals!" Carlton muttered irritably as he shut the door behind him. Upon realizing the house was empty and Elena was nowhere to be found, he let out a sigh and hurriedly ascended the stairs to her room. Gently pushing the door open, he peered inside, his gaze immediately falling on her seated before the dressing table.

"El, love, I'm back," Carlton spoke softly as he entered her room, but it was evident that she was lost in her own world once more. Carlton sighed as he observed Elena, her thoughts consuming her so deeply that she seemed to disconnect from her surroundings. Her eyes remained fixed on the large mirror, her mind clearly somewhere far away.

"El," he softly whispered as he placed his arms over her shoulders, his gaze meeting hers through the reflection in the mirror.

"Ah... Carl? When... when did you get here?" She snapped out of her reverie, turning to look at his face reflected in the mirror.

"Just a few minutes ago, but how long have you been like this, El?" he asked, worried about her well-being as he noticed her growing sadness with each instance. Elena sighed and rubbed her forehead, feeling the weight of her emotions.

"Don't worry, I... I just had a long day at work! That's all," she replied, standing up and walking away. Carlton watched her go, taking in her nonchalant expression as he pondered the deeper emotions she might be hiding.

"Wait up! Look at me!" he exclaimed suddenly, grasping her wrist. Elena turned around to face him, meeting his earnest and concerned gaze with her own.

"El, I know it's tough for you to see the public criticism of our engagement. But I understand that what's really weighing on you is how much your father is hurting because of this," Carlton expressed, his hands moving up to cradle her face gently, his eyes full of compassion.

"But trust me when I say that I'm doing everything I can to support your father. I'll never forget what he did for us to be together. I owe him our happiness," he reassured, his words bringing tears to Elena's eyes, unaware of his true deceiving intentions.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

580K 25.1K 57
"Hyung, that boy is making me feel things" Jungkook said when they stepped outside into the cold air. "I know me too. He's fucking adorable, and does...
2.1K 125 15
In a heartwarming tale of destiny and childhood connections, Y/N and Taehyung reunite after four long years, discovering that their bond goes beyond...
362 24 16
A short namjin story It's the poignant story of Namjoon and Jin, two lovers whose relationship fractures due to misunderstandings, leaving them hear...
376K 9.8K 55
❝Promise me you won't leave me Park Y/n... ❞ He whispers softly into my ear. You're 23 years old and you live with your twin brother Park Jimin and...