Stay with Me

By ASDadore

Meeting more people made her realize that not everyone is the same in this world but it also showed her how a... More

Welcome BackπŸ₯³
Prologue.
1. Scared of loosing his son.
2. An exam.
3. Project secretary.
4. Hardworking.
5. Sweet stress.
6. Apology.
7. Sweet and bitter memories.✨
8. Repercussion.
9. Rose and Stone.
10. Joseph Hill.
11. A viral scandal.
12. I dont know you.
13. A difficult situation.
14. Vile snake.
15. Heart ache.
16. Blame.
17. Her confidants.
18. A silent protector.
19. Considerate.
21. Scary feelings.
22. Her last resort.
23. The reward is from the Almighty.
24. Gab's name cleared.
25. Speechless.
26. The Top Floor Tour.
27. The two of themπŸ˜Άβ€πŸŒ«οΈ
Bonus Chapter✨
28. Survivor.

20.

128 23 22
By ASDadore

Eid El Fitr Mubarak. How was Ramadan and the day of Eid? I missed you guys too a lot.  Sorry it came late but this should be a compensatory chapter. 🥰💞

Sitting behind the desk with her face buried in her palms, Safiyya pondered on what to do next. Time was on her neck and she had no way to save Gab. It was dangerous too, that she had to agree. First, it was the feeling of someone following her, and now this mistake. If Alfred hadn't arrived there on time, what would have happened to her? 

Speaking of which, how did he arrive on time and know where she was? Safiyya raised her head with a contemplating look. Besides, who cares? Her priority is to take care of herself for Yousef. No matter what, she needs to put him first. She can't let harm fall on her son. She gave herself a reassuring smile before picking up her next work. 

About an hour later, Kate barges excitedly into her office. Safiyya was startled wondering what made this lady giddy all of a sudden. 

“Any plans after work today Sofiyya?” Kate asked curiously. Safiyya slowly shook her head, still quizzical. 

“Come on, we are closing early today, so let's hang out!” Kate added. 

“Early?” Safiyya was skeptical. When did that happen? 

Oh no. Kate slapped her forehead and sat down before her. “An official statement was shared with all workers in Hill Corp an hour ago. We are leaving by 4,” she explained. 

“Huh?” Safiyya was surprised. She missed the mail. 

Kate waved it off and said, “Since you know now, can you join us?” 

“I…” Safiyya started when her phone rang. She checked and frowned as it was Alfred calling her. She apologized to Kate and picked up the call and after that smiled bitterly. “I am afraid I can't Kate. I will be leaving by five,” 

“The CEO, let me guess?” Kate raised her brows and Safiyya could only nod. Kate smiled and assured her, “Don't worry. It's still early than usual. You know, you are lucky to work with the CEO,  so keep using the opportunity to learn,” 

“I will,” Safiyya nodded. In just a short time, she had learned a lot from his interactions and how he handled his deals, which made her more determined in her work. 

“Who will you go with now?” she asked. 

Kate’s mood dampened with a pout. “Our team suddenly gave plans besides that loggerhead Jerald,” 

“Jerald is not a loghead,” Safiyya lightly chuckled. 

“Anyways, I will just put up with him just this once,” Kate shrugged and stood up. “See ya,” 

“See you later, “ Safiyya waved her hand as Kate left. Noticing that her face felt less rigid, she thanked Allah for giving her friends who always cheer her up no matter what. They didn't have the same fate, but the bond was still there. 

They later said goodbye to one another, while Safiyya went to pray before returning to check the work Alfred asked her to do. She was skeptical as to why they allowed early departure today but it still gave her time to stay with Yousef longer today, so it made her happy. 

Her phone rang and checking the time, it was exactly 5. She picked up his call and placed the phone on her ear quietly. 

“Come downstairs to the parking space,” he said and ended the call immediately. 

Safiyya twisted her lips and shrugged before arranging her desk. She picked up her bag and left the office. Only a few workers were around. Entering the elevator, she felt her stomach churn which reminded her that she skipped lunch. Goodness. 

Alfred sat in the dim car, one hand on the steering wheel while staring straight ahead. The elevator door opened and her slim figure walked out. She sighted the car and walked over as gently as before but he could see that her steps were quite irregular. 

Safiyya arrived before the car with a quizzical look. The glass slid down and he turned to look at her. “Get in,” he told her in a low voice. Safiyya refrained from asking anything and entered. The car was quiet before she blinked and turned her head, only to see Alfred watching her. 

“Why…are you looking at me like that?” she asked suspiciously. 

“Do you realize that you've changed in just a few days?” he returned with a question and she frowned slightly. 

“Be yourself when we return to the house or Joseph would be worried,” he added and turned to start the car. 

Safiyya blinked and shifted her gaze too. The car started but she kept fiddling with her fingers. That question struck her because she didn't know it was so obvious but what can she do? She was nervous now. Joseph is smart and can easily detect anything.

“Don't worry, nothing can't be fixed,” she heard Alfred say confidently. She glimpsed at him and that confident stance gave her hope. He never banned her from helping out in Gab’s case and kept asking about it. Others were against it but he supported it and all she showed him was bitterness because of what? Even she had no idea but she knew she had to stop it. 

“You are right sir Alfred,” she said enthusiastically. Alfred turned his glance to her and she was smiling brightly that it got him awestruck. When was the last time she smiled this way? It felt like ages and he didn't know when he got used to it. Safiyya was kind and soft in her words and usually smiled but her kind heart also showed how she could deal with an impossible obstacle and the fact that she never stopped despite the odds deserves a reward. 

Safiyya felt better after thawing her ice off. “I keep praying to Allah for assistance but I don't fully trust Him which made me lose hope. How did I forget that with Him, I don't need to despair?  Surely, he knows the best and even if the whole world tried to help, only what is destined will happen,” 

Alfred stared at her as the words sank into his head and he gave an affirmative nod. Safiyya pursed her lips into a thin line and cleared her throat.

“And sir Alfred, thank you for watching over my back and supporting me despite my stupidity,” she said softly. 

Alfred was quiet before stating, “I understand, “ he turned his head back to the road. Safiyya pouted but a smile was still tugging on her lips. At least the atmosphere was better. 

“That's not the way right?” she asked with uncertainty when the car took the wrong turn. 

“I know,” Alfred said simply. 

“Oh,” she nodded and relaxed back again. The car slowed down before a building like a restaurant. Safiyya was bewildered but she kept her mouth shut. A young man in polo rushed over with packaging backs and Alfred opened the back window. The man dropped it and left. Alfred started the car again and Safiyya couldn't help but ask, “Why are we buying food today?” 

“Personal reasons,” Alfred returned. 

“You don't like my cooking?” she gasped. How is that possible? 

“Maybe,” Alfred nodded seriously. 

Safiyya was agape as she glared at the packages behind the seats. 

“You are just joking. There's no way I can't cook!” she ranted. Alfred glanced at her and was amused by her cute angry face. 

“Who needs a complement all the time if not you?” he added. 

“I don't seek compliments. It's just the truth,” Safiyya harrumphed but his next words brought her back to softness. 

“Take a break today,” he said and turned back to the road. 

Safiyya was quiet as her face reddened all of a sudden. There she was ranting when he just wanted her to rest. 

“Since when did I become one to throw tantrums,” she muttered to herself. 

“Since when I knew you,” of course, Alfred heard her. 

“I don't,” she snorted and slapped her mouth. Saying no and doing the same thing again. She chuckled at her antics. 

Meanwhile, Joseph was outside with old Xav playing around with a white mini telescope. 

“Woah, so cool,” he wowed, with one eye closed. 

“It's not night already Joseph. What are you seeing?” Old Xav asked curiously. 

Joseph lowered his arm and said, “A lot of creations Old Xav. See for yourself and you will about Allahu Akbar!” 

Old Xab chuckled knowing this boy learned the last phrase from his Mummy. He took the telescope and aimed too but complained. 

“That's because you aren't aiming well,” Joseph said and tried helping him when they heard the gates opening. Both were surprised when his Dad’s car drove in. Joseph’s lips were left open until the car opened. 

Safiyya quickly waved at Joseph with a beaming smile. 

“Mummy!” he beamed and rushed over. They hugged each other and she kissed his cheeks. “How are you?” 

“Great, now that you are here!” he smiled back. 

“Masha Allah,“ she said and held his small hand. Joseph looked at Alfred. “Good evening Dad,” 

“Good evening son. Do you love the telescope?” Alfred returned, having taken out the packages together with Old Xav. 

“Yeah a lot,” Joseph returned happily and tugged Safiyya’s hand. “Let's check it out sometime Mummy. It's so cool,” 

“Sure thing Yousef,” she nodded. They walked over and Joseph started at the packages. “What's that?” he asked. 

“Dinner,” Alfred told him and looked at Old Xav. “Join us Old Xav,” 

“Yes join us,” Safiyya added. Old Xav couldn't refuse and joined them inside. They just washed their hands and had dinner together. Josoeh felt the natural mood of his Mummy revived and his mood brightened even more. Not only did they return home early today, but they also had a heartwarming dinner. He can't wait to see his birthday! 

Who missed these three together?😁

Hehe, 20 chapters done! Alhamdulillah.🤗
Thank you everyone for joining the journey of SWM.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

139K 11.4K 70
β€’Safa Hayatβ€’ Her flounders against the world haven't been known to anyone. Neither do the scars that run deep inside the abyss of her frail soul. She...
356K 13.4K 46
you think i came all the way from paris to this small town of pakistan for what for three lacks " he smirked and looked towrds his men who laughed at...
223K 7.8K 46
(used to be titled 'the loving marriage') ━━━━━━━ "Zaroon, Don't," I said pushing his arms away. "Why not?" He asked acting clueless like what he was...
39K 1.5K 37
The Ahmed Trilogy Book One Can be read as a stand-alone .β€’*β€’.β€’*β€’.β€’*β€’.β€’*β€’.β€’*β€’.β€’*β€’.β€’*β€’.β€’*β€’.β€’*β€’.β€’*β€’.β€’*β€’.β€’*β€’.β€’*β€’.β€’*β€’.β€’*β€’. Zayn feels lost, devoid of his...