20.

Eid El Fitr Mubarak. How was Ramadan and the day of Eid? I missed you guys too a lot.  Sorry it came late but this should be a compensatory chapter. 🥰💞

Sitting behind the desk with her face buried in her palms, Safiyya pondered on what to do next. Time was on her neck and she had no way to save Gab. It was dangerous too, that she had to agree. First, it was the feeling of someone following her, and now this mistake. If Alfred hadn't arrived there on time, what would have happened to her? 

Speaking of which, how did he arrive on time and know where she was? Safiyya raised her head with a contemplating look. Besides, who cares? Her priority is to take care of herself for Yousef. No matter what, she needs to put him first. She can't let harm fall on her son. She gave herself a reassuring smile before picking up her next work. 

About an hour later, Kate barges excitedly into her office. Safiyya was startled wondering what made this lady giddy all of a sudden. 

“Any plans after work today Sofiyya?” Kate asked curiously. Safiyya slowly shook her head, still quizzical. 

“Come on, we are closing early today, so let's hang out!” Kate added. 

“Early?” Safiyya was skeptical. When did that happen? 

Oh no. Kate slapped her forehead and sat down before her. “An official statement was shared with all workers in Hill Corp an hour ago. We are leaving by 4,” she explained. 

“Huh?” Safiyya was surprised. She missed the mail. 

Kate waved it off and said, “Since you know now, can you join us?” 

“I…” Safiyya started when her phone rang. She checked and frowned as it was Alfred calling her. She apologized to Kate and picked up the call and after that smiled bitterly. “I am afraid I can't Kate. I will be leaving by five,” 

“The CEO, let me guess?” Kate raised her brows and Safiyya could only nod. Kate smiled and assured her, “Don't worry. It's still early than usual. You know, you are lucky to work with the CEO,  so keep using the opportunity to learn,” 

“I will,” Safiyya nodded. In just a short time, she had learned a lot from his interactions and how he handled his deals, which made her more determined in her work. 

“Who will you go with now?” she asked. 

Kate’s mood dampened with a pout. “Our team suddenly gave plans besides that loggerhead Jerald,” 

“Jerald is not a loghead,” Safiyya lightly chuckled. 

“Anyways, I will just put up with him just this once,” Kate shrugged and stood up. “See ya,” 

“See you later, “ Safiyya waved her hand as Kate left. Noticing that her face felt less rigid, she thanked Allah for giving her friends who always cheer her up no matter what. They didn't have the same fate, but the bond was still there. 

They later said goodbye to one another, while Safiyya went to pray before returning to check the work Alfred asked her to do. She was skeptical as to why they allowed early departure today but it still gave her time to stay with Yousef longer today, so it made her happy. 

Her phone rang and checking the time, it was exactly 5. She picked up his call and placed the phone on her ear quietly. 

“Come downstairs to the parking space,” he said and ended the call immediately. 

Safiyya twisted her lips and shrugged before arranging her desk. She picked up her bag and left the office. Only a few workers were around. Entering the elevator, she felt her stomach churn which reminded her that she skipped lunch. Goodness.