1. Scared of loosing his son.

The first chapter🥳
Bismillah.

Alfred stared at Jaleel's palm with different emotions on his face. He was one to control his emotions but seeing someone from the past made him waver. He stilled his heart and held Jaleel's hand. Jaleel's smile widened as he shook his friend's hand strongly. Alfred pulled his hand back and looked at his son who seemed happy to meet his father's friend.

Yousef pulled Safiyya over with a grin.
"Dad, you never told me about Uncle Jaleel. I like him," he said, looking up at his dad.

There was silence from Alfred and Jaleel quickly answered, "That's because I have been working outside the country and your dad is very busy. He must have forgotten,"

"Oh," Yousef nodded in understanding.

"Come here," Jaleel ushered him as he went down on one knee. Yousef left Safiyya's hand and stood before Jaleel. The man rubbed the boy's hair fondly and smiled gloriously. "You are all grown up. The last time I saw you, you were so small. Alhamdulillah," he said and pulled him into a hug. The baby he saw in bad shape was all grown up and well again. He thanked Allah for this and was genuinely happy for his best friend.

Safiyya's eyes watered as she watched them and she glanced at her husband who had his hands clenched. The situation was something she never expected and she has no idea what to do at the moment.

Jaleel pulled back and kissed both of Joseph's cheeks. "May Allah bless you, child," Joseph grinned at him and went back to his mother.

Jaleel stared at Alfred, who returned it with an unreadable expression.
"I think we should leave," he said and glanced at Safiyya. She nodded and looked at Jaleel who smiled back. "Salam,"

"Wa alaikumussalam," he returned. Alfred held his breath and turned around.

"Bye," Joseph waved his hand at Jaleel who returned it. He watched them leave and exhaled. Four years of separation after five years of friendship and this is how they meet again. He sighed, wishing that their fates would get better.

….

Safiyya peered at Alfred who sat before the wheel quietly. He was usually quiet but today he seemed like a statue. The car was definitely on auto drive because this attention wasn't on the road. She felt a pang in her heart because she had no idea what was swirling in his mind right now.

"Mummy, why did we leave early? you said that we were going home by 6," Joseph asked her. She smiled at him and rubbed his shoulder. "It got darker baby and the last place I arranged was suddenly closed. I will make it up to you after your exams okay?"

"Okay," Joseph nodded. Safiyya sighed with relief that her son was reasonable today. They reached the house and Alfred went in without a word. Safiyya held Joseph and took him to his room. That night, she didn't see Alfred at the dinner table which made her more worried. She put Joseph to bed and sat down on the bed thinking about the problem. She knew he wouldn't want her getting involved but she felt like she was involved. What to do?

Meanwhile, Alfred was sitting before his bed staring ahead in silence. Meeting Jaleel brought back the memories he had been trying to bury all these years. He still remembered the first time they met. No one wanted to join him but Jaleel happily did despite being a popular guy there. Alfred was someone with walls around but they clicked well with Jaleel and soon became best friends. Until the other two joined them. If he knew all that would happen, he wouldn't have agreed to be with them. So many times, he blamed Jaleel for introducing Farah to him. Jaleel did apologize numerous times but will it fix what was broken?

Alfred exhaled and stood up before he went to the living room and sat down on the leather couch before the fireplace. At the moment, he didn't want any cold but warmth.