All Worth It In The End - Kat...

By MrsMccabe223

Ellie Hill moves from Australia her home country after signing for Arsenal. There she sees all the coaches an... More

Introduction
Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
A/n
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen

chapter twelve

994 17 4
By MrsMccabe223

Today's Monday so it's the end of our break and me and Katie spent every day together. She went back to hers yesterday so she could properly rest and get ready for training today and then our midweek game on Wednesday.

I get changed into joggers and a hoodie to drive to training. I stop to get a coffee for energy before making it to training. I meet up with Kyra and Steph and we get breakfast together.

I look around everyone to see if Katie is here yet or not but don't see her. I look at Leah and she looks up at me confused. "Do you know where Katie is? We usually eat breakfast together." I shake my head, "no I don't sorry. I was going to ask you the same thing."

After breakfast we all walk to the changing room. We walk in after everyone else and I see Katie sat by my kit looking at her phone. I say bye to the girls and walk over to her. "Hey are you okay?" I ask. She looks up from her phone smiling softly, "yeah I'm okay."

I get changed into my shorts and top before most of the others so I sit next to Katie and get my boots on before looking at her. She was already looking at me and rests her chin on my shoulder before whispering in my ear, "you look gorgeous."

I look down as my cheeks go slightly red. After a few minutes everyone starts to pile out the changing room but I grab Katie's hand slightly pulling her back, "how come you didn't come to breakfast?" She looks like she's thinking about an answer before saying, "I was running late today so just came straight here to get changed."

I look at her as she smiles reassuringly at me. I sigh silently and let go of her hand so we can walk to the pitches.

On the pitches we all stretch and do a quick jog before starting with training. We have to get into pairs and I ask Alessia if she wants to pair as I haven't gotten all to lose to her yet. She agrees so we get a ball between us.

I see Katie has gone with Leah and when she looks up she looks me in the eyes before quickly winking at me. I look down and shake my head. Me and Alessia pass the ball quickly between us passing light conversation, just getting to know eachother better.

She tells me about Ella Toone, her best friend, and how close they still are even after her move. She also tells me how she found out at a late age she was bisexual so hasn't actually properly been with a girl.

She asks about me so I tell her about my best friend Josh back in Australia and how close we are. Then I tell her about how I've been seeing someone but no one knows who.

"I've seen on Instagram. How come you aren't telling anyone who it is?" She asks. I think for a second, "it's not that we don't want to it's just we only recently started dating and I don't think we're girlfriends yet so I don't want to tell people just yet." She nods in an understanding before Jonas calls us all over.

Her tells us to pair up with another two and do a two Vs two match. Me and Katie instantly look at eachother and I ask Alessia if she wants to go against Katie and Leah. She agrees so we walk over to them and ask.

They say yes so we go to one of the mini pitches they made and set up. They start and just pass it between themselves. Alessia pushes up and puts pressure on them while I stay back a bit. When Alessia gets the ball she passes it to me and gets into space.

Katie and Leah put pressure on me but I slip it through Leah's legs and pass it to Alessia who's slips it into the goal. I run up to her and high five her, "yess Less."

We go back to our half and I receive a light tap on the back of my head from Leah, "I can't believe you just did that."

I laugh as I jog back to my place. They start again but I put pressure this time while Less stays down. Leah passes it to Katie so I close down the space she has to pass it back.

I time my tackle and get the ball off of her before rolling it backwards for Less to pass it into the goal again. I run and jump on her back, "let's go Less."

As we walk back to our half I look over at Katie to see she's wiping the sweat off her forehead with her shirt. I scan over her abs to see them covered in sweat.

We go to start playing again when Jonas calls everyone over. "Okay girls, we've trained for two hours and now it's half twelve so we have an hour and a half to eat lunch. Then we have an hour of free time followed by another hour of training followed by an hour of gym. Then you will have recovery in the ice baths before we all have dinner and then a few of you will be called for short interviews. Sound good?"

Everyone is listening carefully. When he mentions ice baths everyone groans but we all say okay at the end of it. Everyone heads straight to the cafeteria for lunch but I see Katie slip off to the toilet. I don't over think it and get my food while talking to Less and Leah.

We sit at a table of four saving a seat for Katie when she comes in. As we're eating I see Katie walk in. She looks a bit paler then earlier but I don't say anything, thinking it's from the lack of breakfast followed by two hours of football.

She gets a small plate of food before coming and sitting next to me. I smile at her softly. I had enough of my food only having had scrambled eggs and toast. I move my plate a bit away from me before putting one elbow resting on the table while the other rests on Katie's knee.

She looks at me before smiling at looking back at her food. She doesn't eat any but moves it around with her fork. Leah and Alessia are in a conversation so I quickly turn to Katie, "what's wrong, why aren't you eating?"

She looks at me before looking away quickly, not holding eye contact, "I'm just not hungry." I hold her chin, moving her head to look at me, "don't lie to me. What's actually wrong? You didn't eat breakfast you can't not be hungry."

She sighs and looks down before looking back up, "I'm just not feeling too good today, and something happened between my family in Ireland." She looks back down at her food. I squeeze her knee slightly, "believe me, stuff happened at home all the time in Australia. Whatevers happened you can tell me."

She shakes her head slightly, "not now. Maybe later." I squeeze her knee again to reassure her that I understand, "how about if you're ready you can tell me during our free hour? Now eat something, it might make you feel a bit better."

She just nods her head and eat about a quarter of her food. She pushes her plated away from her slightly, "I can't eat anymore. It's just making me feel worse." I move my hand off her knee and hold onto her hand, "let me know if you need to go to the toilets." She just nods her head at me.

After the hour and a half break for lunch we all go to the break room for our hour of free time before training.

I sit on the last available beanbag so pull Katie down to sit between my legs. She rests her head on my chest before getting into a conversation with Leah.

I start talking to Less and Lotte about random things and then Kyra joins in and it turns into them continuously asking who my girlfriend was.

I didn't tell them anything but they continue to ask. "Tell us one thing. Just one and we'll drop it," Lotte pleads. I shake my head slightly without saying anything.

All three of them sigh, defeated. They drop it for about two more minutes before asking again. "Please? Does she play football? Answer and we won't ask again." Less begs.

I look at them for a second before looking away again. This time Kyra speaks up, "we've known each other for years. At least tell me if she plays football like Less said."

I just sigh before saying, "yes she plays football. Now drop it. You aren't getting anything else out of me." They all smile at each other for figuring something out.

I look around the room at everyone and then finally at Katie. She's already looking up at me from my lap. She has a small smile on her face as we lock eyes.

The smile fades after a few seconds and she excuses herself to the bathroom. I look confused and look at Leah who shrugs her shoulders.

When she doesn't come back after ten minutes I get up to go look for her. I go to the bathroom and see her sat with her back on a wall, her body shaking and breathing heavy.

I slowly walk over to her and pull her into my chest. "Copy my breathing Katie," I whisper to her. After five minutes her breathing is still heavy. "Katie, what's five things you can see?" I ask.

She takes a shaky breath, "the sink, you, the mirror, the toilets and the walls." I smile at her, "well done. What's four things you can touch?"

She sniffs quietly, "you, the floor, the wall and your clothes." I rub my hand up and down her arm slightly, "you're doing so good. Now what's three things you can hear?"

She thinks for a second, "your voice, the fan and the team laughing in the other room." I laugh slightly, "well done Katie. What's two things you can smell?"

She sits silently for a few minutes thinking, "uh, your spray and the soap on the sink." I squeeze her arm softly, "you're doing amazing. Last one, what's one thing you can taste?"

She moves slightly closer into my body, "my drink I had earlier" I move one of my hands to hold hers, "you did amazingly Katie. I'm so proud of you."

Her breathing has calmed down and she was no longer shaking. We stay on the floor for ten more minutes or so, "are you ready to go back to the others?"

She nods slightly before I pull us both off the floor. "Does it look like I've been crying?" Katie asks. I look at her before shaking my head, "no you're okay."

We go back to the break room for around ten minutes before having to go to the pitches again for an hour of training. I look at Katie, "are you sure you're okay to train?" She nods her head at me, "I'll be okay."

I look at her smiling softly, "as long as you're sure." We are behind everyone else so she leans into my ear and quietly says, "plus I get to see you working out for an hour after so that will make me feel better."

My cheeks go red slightly so I look down. When we get to the pitch we do a light training session of passing and shooting drills and to finish it off we did a light jog around the pitch.

Jonas tells us all to head to the gym so I wait for Katie, Leah, Lotte and Less and we all walk together. "So Ellie, I hear your girlfriend plays football," Leah says.

I groan and look at Less, "you told her." She shakes her head laughing. Leah laughs as well, "no me and Katie overheard your conversation earlier." I let out a quiet 'oh' before we walk in the gym.

"Leah wants to do arms with me?" I ask. She nods her head but before she can say anything Steph walks up to us, "I wouldn't agree to that if I were you. She's like hulk or something. She can lift so much."

I look down slightly embarrassed. They all laugh at me. "I bet she can lift more than Katie," Kyra joins in the conversation. Katie looks at me and raises an eyebrow. "What's your best again Katie?" Steph asks.

Katie thinks for a second before saying, "like 100kg but including the bar it's probably around 150kg." I listen to Katie and then look away. Lotte looks at me, "what's your best Ellie?"

I let out a quiet sigh and mumble, "250kg include the bar." They look at me confused. "Huh?" Lotte says. I mumble my answer again. Steph jokingly let's out a loud sigh, "she said 250kg including the bar."

They look at me. "I'm calling bullshit," Leah says making everyone laugh. "Is that how much you can lift or is that like the weight you do reps with?" Less asks. I cough slightly, "reps. I haven't tried any heavier weights."

They all say I'm lying even though the Aussie girls say I'm telling the truth so that's how I ended up with a group of people around me watching me rep 250kg. I do 10 before putting the bar down and turning to them, "believe me now?" I let out a laugh as they all nod.

We all split and go onto different machines. Me and Leah do multiple arm machines before going to the pull up bar near the end of the hour. Leah does 23 before jumping down. "Bet you can't beat that," she says.

I sigh and jump up to the bar. I readjust my hold before starting the pull ups. I end up doing around 30 before jumping down. I smile at Leah and laugh as she looks shocked. She goes to get her water as I do the same.

I take a sip of my drink before looking at Katie. We lock eyes before I wipe the sweat of my forehead with the bottom of my shirt. She looks down with red cheeks when I drop my shirt.

The hour finishes in the gym so we all slowly make our way to the ice baths. Most of us lift our shirt up to stop it getting wet but me, Leah, Katie, Caitlin, Beth and Viv all take our shirts off leaving them on a bench.

When Katie gets in the water I see her abs react to the cold water. I scan over them with my eyes before climbing in after her. I breath in slightly when I get in, "fucking hell."

Katie and Beth laugh at me. "It can get this cold in England in the winter so you better get used to it," Beth says. I groan, "I should've stayed in Australia." They all laugh at me.

After about half an hour of the ice baths everyone gets out and changes into the club joggers and we all make our way to the cafeteria for dinner. I get a small dinner as I wasn't very hungry.

When I'm done I wait for everyone else to finish while me and Frida have a conversation about anything and everything. We were acting like toddlers but nobody questioned it as we were laughing.

When everyone finishes we all make our way to the locker room to get our things. Luckily I wasn't one of the people called for an interview but Leah, Beth and Viv were so we said goodbye before getting our stuff and heading to our cars.

I invited Katie to stay overnight so she gets in her car and follows me to mine. When we get there we both lock our cars and head inside. "I am knackered," I say sighing. Katie laughs slightly, "same. Do you want to just go straight up?" I nod and take her hand leading her to my room.

When we get to my room I change out my joggers into shorts and just take my top off leaving on my sports bra. Katie changes into a different pair of joggers and also takes off her top.

We get in bed and I kiss Katie's neck slightly.  She moves her head to the side and I kiss her neck again. I kiss her neck a little harder as I make my way down and then back up.

She moves to straddle my waist and kisses my lips. She pulls away, "I'm no longer tired." I laugh at her before pulling her in for another kiss. We make our for a few more minutes both of us ending up breathless.

Katie gets off my lap and rests her head on my stomach. "Goodnight Katie," I say to her. She hums softly, "Night Els." She kisses my stomach and abs a few times before falling asleep. I stroke through her hair until I fall asleep with her arms wrapped around my waist.

_____________________________________________

This is a long chapter so I hope you all enjoy it.

I took the suggestion from Maisie456778 about Katie having a bad day and Ellie helping.So thank you for the suggestion.

There was also one about Ellie getting questioned about the relationship so there is a bit of that in there. Let me know if there's anything else you want to see. Have a good day/night

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.5K 161 17
in this story, emily and her young 3 year old son cooper expands their family. the recent signing for arsenal finds herself experiencing romantic con...
104K 2.7K 41
y/n y/ln was born in the US but her fathers family is from England and her mothers family is from Italy. Her parents moved back to England and y/n gr...
23.6K 416 20
Lauryn McCabe joins Arsenal and surprises her sister. How will the sibling dynamic change throughout the course of the season
32.9K 935 26
Y/N Y/L/N has been a big fan of the Matildas since she was 5. In fact, it's what got her into football in the first place. It caused her to move to W...