Love Bites

Von Nerdy__Turtle

Mixed platter of short romance stories that will hopefully bring a smile on your face! Mehr

Introduction & Table of Contents
*Ineffable Bonds!*
Ineffable Bonds (1)
Ineffable Bonds (2)
Ineffable Bonds (3)
Ineffable Bonds (4)
*Perfect Peace!*
Perfect Peace (1)
Perfect Peace (2)
Perfect Peace (3)
Perfect Peace (4)
Perfect Peace (5)
*Sweet Heaven!*
Sweet Heaven (1)
Sweet Heaven (2)
Sweet Heaven (3)
Sweet Heaven (4)
*Confession Letters!*
Confession Letters (1)
Confession Letters (2)
Confession Letters (3)
Confession Letters (4)
Confession Letters (5)
*When Life Happens!*
When Life Happens (1)
When Life Happens (2)
When Life Happens (3)
When Life Happens (4)
When Life Happens (5)
When Life Happens (6)
Review
*Unexpected Serendipity!*
Unexpected Serendipity (1)
Unexpected Serendipity (2)
Unexpected Serendipity (3)
Unexpected Serendipity (4)
Unexpected Serendipity (5)
Unexpected Serendipity (6)
*To Be With You!*
To Be With You (1)
To Be With You (2)
To Be With You (3)
To Be With You (4)
To Be With You (5)
To Be With You (6)
To Be With You (7)
To Be With You (9)
To Be With You (10)
To Be With You (11)
To Be With You (12)
To Be With You (13)
To Be With You (14)
To Be With You (15)
To Be With You (Epilogue)

To Be With You (8)

193 37 12
Von Nerdy__Turtle

"Tu jo dikhaye, dekhein nighahein! Tu jo sunaye, sunu!"

A week later

The last week went by in filling up the forms & carrying out all the administrative procedures to start their respective degrees in college for both Avni & Neil. He did continue his music sessions with Neela and had successfully dodged Ali & Rhea's constant teasing about Avni so far. However, in the heart of his hearts, even he couldn't deny that the girl had definitely marked a special place for herself in his life. But, Neil being the brinjalhead that he was, was adamant that they were just friends & there was no scope for anything else to ever happen. 

For she was a beautiful bird who was meant to fly & I was just a fish who could never!

At the moment, he was sitting in his drawing room, tuning his guitar as he tried to distract himself from the nervousness that he felt about starting college from the next day. His door opened widely & Avni barged in with some stationery in her hands. 

Almost done with his guitar, Neil kept it aside as he looked up at her & raised his eyebrows at her. 

A - I got you stuff! For classes tomorrow. - she said as she placed the registers & pencils at his coffee table. 

N - Thankyou! - he smiled at her.

They had moved past the phase where one shies away from accepting help from the other person. Both of them well acknowledged the fact that the other person meant & wished the best for them, and were welcoming towards the things the other person did for them! There was this unspoken, unexplained understanding between them, sometimes felt too domestic, but none of the two, pointed it out as it had come to them quite naturally. 

In fact, it felt nice to have someone understand you so well, without having to ask for it!

A - Sing something, no? - she said while sitting besides him. 

N - Right now? - he asked while she nodded in answer. Acha, batao kya sunogi? - he asked as he adjusted the guitar in his lap. 

A - Kuch bhi suna do, Brinjalhead! - she shrugged as she turned towards him & sat with her chin in her palms as she rested her elbows on her lap.

Neil just tilted his head while looking at her as he thought hard about some song. When nothing really clicked, he just closed his eyes as he decided to sing his heart out.

Hai saaz tu, tera tarz main! 

Tu hai dawa , aur marz main!

Dildaar tu, khudgarz main!

Avni watched him with an involuntary smile on her face as he sang in the most soothing voice. She observed he always looked so serene & at peace when he was singing, or doing anything music! She loved watching him like this, she could do it forever, she deduced.

Hai geet tu, tere lafz main, 

Tu hai duaa, aur farz main,

Azaad tu, aur karz main!

Neil's mind played all the times that he had been with Avni in the last few weeks. They hadn't known each other for too long, but she seemed to understand him better than he himself  ever had. The anti-depressants that he had thrown away in the dustbin this morning were testimony enough that he was willing to better himself. Something that he realised he had stopped doing because the darkness had become so homely & familiar that he had actually convinced himself that he was happy in the dark. 

However, then, all of a sudden, she brought him spring when he had only known frost. She became the perfect melody to his trivial words  & the wishes to his otherwise hopeless life & the freedom to his caged self!

Neil opened his eyes when Avni tapped on his shoulder when he was still playing the guitar. He raised his eyes brows at her while she just held his hand as she placed the guitar on the sofa & gestured him to get up. 

Confused, he stood up & let her lead when she put his hand around her waist & then slipped one of her hands in his free hand as she intwined the. She then put her other hand on his shoulder as both of them swayed slowly.

Hai shaam tu, taarif main,

Tu chain hai, takleef main,

Tujhse mila, toh paa liya har cheez main!

Neil twirled her while holding her hand as she laughed. He himself ended up laughing when she almost dashed into the coffee table. To her luck, he had grabbed her arm in time & steadied her.

Although he saved her from the fall literally, unknown to him, she was falling deeper & deeper figuratively!

And, unknown to her, she had definitely led her halfway to the meadows where the sun shined bright & the sky wasn't a scary grey!

Hai teri meherbani, 

Ke andheron se hum mukar gye!

Hai teri meherbani,

Ke anjaane hi hum sawar gye!

_______________

Next Day

Neil could feel the jitters in every nerve-ending of his body. He was surprised that he could actually drive to the college, provided his hands were shaky & his body felt cold. He parked the bike & took his helmet off after Avni got off the bike. He too, followed the action & got off the bike. 

She rubbed her thumb on his knuckles as she held his hand softly & looked up at him. 

A - I know you're nervous. But, just try to be yourself & ignore the noise, okay? Bahar wali bhi aur andar wali bhi! Just remember why you're here. For your dream. For yourself! And, nothing or nobody else matters. - she spoke softly.

Neil just nodded at her whilst he bit the insides of his lips. His muscles were coiled & heart felt uneasy. Since they were in different semesters & were pursuing different courses, they won't even have any class in common. And, even Ali & Rhea won't be there for him. He needed to show up for himself! 

Avni set his tousled hair with her fingers as she stood up on her toes. He inadvertently exhaled loudly from his mouth as he closed his eyes, feeling her fingertips running through his hair. She then placed her lips on his cheek & stayed in that position for a minute as her palm held his other cheek, warming up his cold body. 

A - Let's do it, Brinjalhead! - she smiled at him as she intwined their fingers & gestured him to walk towards the campus. 

Neil let out a sigh as he managed to flash a small smile towards her & stepped towards the campus with her. 

Let's do it, Brinjalhead!

Avni squeezed his hands a little when they reached in front of his classroom. Avni could feel the tension radiating off his body, but she encouraged him with a smile & reassured him with a blink of her eyes. He seemed to ease as he took in a deep breathe & smiled back. 

A - I'll see you in the canteen during break. Hm? - she asked while he nodded. 

Avni untangled her fingers from his as she turned around to go to her own classroom. She was about to step away when Neil held her arm making her stop in her track & look back at him. 

You really are a Brinjalhead, Neil! It's her first day, too! And, she is just so busy worrying about you that she didn't even think about herself once! - he thought as a frown itched his face. 

A - What happened? - she asked as she observed his grim face.

N - It's your first day, too! And I've been just so messed up wallowing in my own problems that I didn't even wish you luck. - he told.

A - It's okay, Neil. I know you wish the best for me! - she smiled. 

N - Yeah! But that doesn't mean I shouldn't remind you of it. - he wrapped his arms around her as he pulled her in for a hug. Have a great day. Enjoy yourself! - he mumbled while she just smiled at him brightly.

_______________

Classes went by smoother than Neil had imagined. He was indeed a little perplexed if it was his fortune or misfortune that the guy Dhruv, his bench mate was a total chatterbox, Neil could have even taken him for Avni's long-lost brother at the way he talked endlessly. Though it was tough to cope up with the conversation in the beginning, Neil could feel himself gelling up to him after a while. The Dhruv guy was naturally funny & kind. 

After three continuous lectures, they finally got a break & Neil headed to the cafeteria to meet Avni. Dhruv too, was a newbie in the college. He had transferred to Mumbai from Kolkata, & thus not having any other friends, he went along with Neil to the cafeteria. 

Just as she had said, Avni was standing in front of the cafeteria, waiting for Neil. He waved at her smilingly as he started walking towards her once he had spotted her. However, a frown marred his face when he saw a guy standing next to her. 

A - How was it, Neil? - she asked excitedly.  

"Woah, Av! You know the seniors too, huh? Cool!" - the guy chirped.

Why the fuck was he so happy as if they were getting some national recognition? And, what the hell was 'Av'? It was Avni, for his goddamn stupid face! - Neil thought as he frowned.

A - Oh, we're neighbours too! Neil, meet Kabir. He is my classmate. - she smiled while Neil tried his best to not let his grumpy face deter her excitement. Kabir, this is Neil! - she then turned towards the guy.

K - Hi, bro! Kabir Dwivedi! - he introduced as he held his hand out for Neil to shake. 

Neil had no intentions to shake his hand. He was busy glaring at him with a grump expression on his face. However, he ended up shaking his hand when Avni gestured Neil to do it. He mentally rolled his eyes when he held his hand firmly & gave him a tight smile while Kabir just smiled at him awkwardly, trying his best to pull his hand back. 

Neil then introduced them to Dhruv as they settled on one of the tables after placing their order. 

Avni excitedly told Neil about their orientation programme while he listened with all his attention. However, he didn't deem it important enough to spare a glance at Kabir when he interjected something or the other. 

The guy spoke unnecessarily! Couldn't he see I was busy talking to Avnii! Halfwit Nincompoop! - Neil concluded.

Avni unwrapped her burger & took a bite as she told Neil how she had almost ended up stumbling on her own foot when she was asked to introduce herself. Neil just chuckled as he took a bite if his own burger. 

K - Av, Give me a bite of your cheese burger, yeah? This chicken one is a little tangy for my taste! - he grimaced.

A - Oh, Okay. Here, take it! - she offered.

However, before Kabir could actually grab the burger from her, Neil took it from Avni & bit a big bite from it. The rest of the three just looked at him with bewildered expressions when he slowly chewed on his bite, looking quite pleased with himself. 

N - You take mine! - he grumbled. I & Avni will share! - he told as he handed his burger over to Kabir.

Avni looked at Neil with a confused expression, however Kabir didn't seem to mind much as long as he was getting food to eat. He continued his conversation with Dhruv when Neil passed the burger to Avni. 

N - Here, take a bite! - he smiled while Avni just ate it with a shake of her head.

_______________

Two weeks had passed and both Neil & Avni had fallen in their routine of the college, managing their schedules & classes well. 

Avni was, well, Avni! She had made a lot of quick friends, however, Kabir & Saisha were the ones she hung around most of the classes with. And, Neil was doing good too. He had become good friends with Dhruv & was coping up with the college life more than just fine! 

He & Avni used to arrive together on his bike & left together as well. Even though he still had problem with Kabir lingering around Avni - as he put it, but he didn't show it in front of him after the lesson Avni had given him about being nice to Kabir & everybody else around! 

It was just another usual day, when Avni was saying bye to all her friends while Neil waited for her in the parking lot. 

Avni waved at Neil excitedly when she spotted him while he waved back. 

K - Yaar Av! Tera boyfriend humesha mujhe aise kyun ghoorta hai jaise he wants to kill me! - he frowned while whispering to Avni after he flashed an extra-pearly grin towards Neil. 

A - Kabir! It's nothing like that! - she shook her head as she stifled a laugh. 

K - Which part? About him wanting to kill me? Or, about him being your possessive boyfriend!? - he teased while Avni couldn't stop the blush from adorning her cheeks.

A - Either of them! - she rolled her eyes as she waved him a bye & ran towards Neil. 

She flashed him a dazzling smile as she stood in front of him & waved him a 'Hi!'

N - Hii! - he waved back with a smile on his face.

A- Let's go! - she said.

N - Hm! - he picked her helmet up & put it on her head as he made her wear it. Kya keh rha tha woh, Kabir? Din-bhar itna hassta kyun rehta hai woh? Aur saara din tumhare saath hi ghumta rehta hai! Kaam nhi hai kya usko koi aur?- he grimaced as he clasped the buckle of the helmet around her chin.

A - Neil! He's my friend. And what did I tell you about being nice to him? - she spoke as she tried to sound strict.  

N - Yeah, whatever! - he rolled his eyes. Usko bolo thoda padhai par bhi dhyaan dega! Jab dekho tumhare pichhe hi ghumta rehta hai! Chewing gum kahin ka! - he grumbled the last part under his breathe as he sat on the bike.

Avni just shook her head as laughter bubbled up at the back of her throat at the way he was acting so worked up. 

Jealous Neil was a sight to behold! - she concluded.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

401K 29K 92
its a story on avneil and is all about how they meet how they fall in love with each other
154K 6.2K 72
➽Just short love stories...❤ ⇝❤️. ⇝🖤. ⇝♥️. ⇝💙. ⇝🩷. ⇝🤍. ➽💛Going on. ➽🩶Coming up [Ignore grammatical mistakes. I will improve my writing gradual...
28.4K 1.3K 6
*Read as general fiction* This is a collection of short stories. Readers are free to imagine their favourites as the leads.
481K 22.5K 39
A cute, little story of love.❤️ P.s.:This is my first time in writing. Please do give it a try.🙏🏻😊 P.p.s.: I do not own any images in the story.