The Second Dragonoid's Tale

By LVonarch

Follow an unlucky fellow as F/N discovers a new world and things he never knew. Rediscover things he would ra... More

Chapter 1: New Life, New Monsters
Chapter 2: The Storm Dragon, The Slime, & The What?
Chapter 3: Helping The Goblin Village
Chapter 3.5: Everybody Talks
Chapter 4: Names
Chapter 5: Rules For Monsters
Chapter 6: Empowerment Duo
Chapter 7: Ask & Hear The Answer
Chapter 8: Dreadful Dreams Beside Reality
Chapter 9: Mistakes
Chapter 10: A Needed Talk
Chapter 10.5: Veldora
Chapter 11: Calm Before The Storm
Chapter 12: Striking Tempest Part 1
Chapter 13: Striking Tempest Part 2
Chapter 14: Alliance
Chapter 15: Parting of Ways
Chapter 16: First Day In Dwargon
Chapter 17: Knowledge & Faith
Chapter 18: Visit Ends
Chapter 19: Leaving
Chapter 20: Dwelling Of Ramiris
Chapter 21: Abomination
Special: Juramas
Chapter 22: A Strong Spirit
Chapter 23: Tempest & Gazel
Chapter 23.5: Four Demon Lords
Chapter 24: Short Side Love Story
Chapter 25: Milim Arrives
Chapter 26: One More Talk
Chapter 27: Moments In Time
Chapter 28: Unwelcomed Zealots
Chapter 29: Who Wants To Play Hero?
Chapter 30: Training One's Self In Mind
Chapter 30.5: Little Scheme
Chapter 31: A Chat With Rimuru
Chapter 32: F/N Versus Charybdis! Siblings Clash!
Chapter 33: Melancholy
Chapter 34: Doldrums
Chapter 35: Before The Dark Horizon
Chapter 36: Ingrassia
Chapter 37: Saved Souls
Chapter 38: Rumble In The Beast Kingdom
Chapter 39: Versus Milim! Devastation!
Chapter 40: Corruption & True Dragon Magic
Chapter 41: That Time A Slime Saved A Dragonoid
Chapter 42: Going Forward
Ultimate Skills
Chapter 43: Walpurgis & Velzard
Chapter 44: Tempest Dividends
Chapter 45: Plan For A Festival
Chapter 46: Cherry & Saints
Chapter 47: Tempest & Saints
Chapter 48: Luminous & Veldora
Chapter 49: Cold Comfort For The False Dragon
Chapter 50: Invite Only
Chapter 51: A Family Matter
Chapter 52: Reconcile
Chapter 53: Tempest Tango Festival
Chapter 55: Descend Into Ruin, In All Ways
Chapter 56: A Princess & A Dragon
Chapter 57: Scorched Empire
Chapter 58: Ivarage

Chapter 54: Grand Closing

256 14 0
By LVonarch

The Labyrinth. The idea of a place where adventurers could delve into the unknown, face traps and monsters, and safely return to the top was unreal to the people of this world. And yet, that is what the people of Tempest planned to show on the final day of the festival. The ultimate challenge that offered the ultimate of loot, or rather the loot that was filling up the smith's warehouse.

To top it all off, for those who did not have the strength to enter, a team of dryads would be broadcasting the events from the dungeon for all to see. The means of profit from this event were the rescue items, such as a set of potions, a whistle that when used returned the user back to the surface, and lastly the resurrection bracelet. All of these, under normal circumstances, would have been seen as a scam, a ploy by the Demon Lords to trick adventurers to their deaths.

That is why when they were announced, it was made perfectly clear that they only worked inside the labyrinth. While Ramiris holds complete rule over the labyrinth, she can only resurrect a target she is aware of. Because her previous location was deserted, this was not an issue. However, with an unknown number of people entering the labyrinth at any given time, the bracelets served as markers for the targets and to make Ramiris' life easier.

"First that elaborately rigged tournament, now a resurrection bracelet? How fishy can you get?" A bald muscle man of a party spoke up, "My Great Lightning Party will expose this dungeon for what it really is!"

"Looks like a party of fools," Laden mentioned to Rimuru. "Not surprising though. In a world of survival of the fittest, anything that cheats death is technically a miracle."

"Should either of us really say that?" Rimuru shared a glance with Laden, as both were reincarnated people, who in turn resurrected people.

"Point taken," Laden looked to Diablo, "What's their deal?"

"They did not make the deadline for the tournament and complained that the roads were too jammed," The daemon, standing together with Ramiris and Shion beside the seated lords, revealed.

"It is true though that the roads weren't designed with this number of people in mind," Laden commented. "Maybe we should revisit that train idea."

"One expense at a time," Rimuru nervously laughed.

They continued to watch on. Eren's party made an appearance too, as the second group to challenge the dungeon, much to her father's surprise. While the Emperor knew she was in town, her father did not and nearly fainted on the spot with thoughts of worry. And the third party, the only one with a chance, Masayuki's party.

There were a few small problems with the first few floors. Rimuru had designed them himself and quickly noticed the addition of items he did not add. Ramiris, being a stupid fairy, not only made changes but was bribed by Eren to provide more goody chests than duds. 

While the parties ventured into the first floor, the rules for bosses and chests were explained to the viewing audience. Rimuru was seeing things in terms of bug-fixing and balancing. Meanwhile, Laden appeared lost in thought. At the conclusion of the dungeon event, the final feast of the festival was held for the rest of the evening. While the leaders of nations ate inside and enjoyed themselves, a lone person stood off to the side and watched.

Am I here? Laden asked himself. It's not like this event was a bad idea. Everyone is smiling, humans and monsters are closer now than ever... yet I feel more like a shadow than the caster. Despite what Shion said, I feel like I have done nothing. Or rather, I don't want to admit that the words Luminous spoke to me have struck deeper than Shion's. What did she mean it was my misfortune? And why could I not deny it?

"Laden?" Valdanava called, holding two glasses of alcohol. "Why the troubled look?"

Laden took one of the offered glasses, Do I ask? He thought for a moment, allowing Veldanava to continue.

"This was an amazing experience for everyone," He claimed. "Before, I would have never trusted Milim in Veldora's care, but hearing her talk about designing the dungeon with him and Ramiris has touched my heart. Seeing my brother grow has brought up surprising emotions." He laughed silently to himself, "I placed my bets on humans, seems I lost. But for you and that slime to do all of this... truly a great place."

Veldanava gestured to the people before taking a drink, Laden asked, "Tell me, are you different than your past self?"

Without thinking, Veldanava laughed, still looking at the people, "The heart rarely changes, and for me, I will always be who I am at heart."

"I see... Luminous was right."

A chill went down the dragon's spine when he heard the name, slowly he turned to look at Laden. His eyes had become heavier and the air around him darkened. Veldanava forgot who he was speaking to for a moment, and wanted to take back his words. However, Laden gave him back the drink before leaving the party. Though it was noticed, the event carried on into the night.

The next morning, a commotion came from the main hall as Mjoll was dealing with the frustrated merchants who had not been paid yet. Luminous had sent her people to resolve the currency issue as agreed and it was resolved. However, the payment was held off to root out those involved in the issue. Mjoll brought up the fact that there should be more options than a flat immediate payment.

"Trust," A human duke by the name Muse spoke up, "That is the only option. To have that the merchants require proof in currency, and the only currency acceptable for foreign trade is that of the Western standard."

Laden threw open the doors, "What's all this noise?"

"Ah, Lord Laden," The duke continued, "I am Duke Muse, I was just about to explain to Mjoll that I have a solution to your currency problem."

"So you're the troublesome one," Laden said, confusing and worrying the duke. "[Daeva]." A magical wave washed over all those present except for Mjoll who watched on. "To confirm, are you the one responsible for the currency issue?"

"Yes..." The duke sleepily spoke. "I planned to use the reports here, disguised as merchants to spread the word that Tempest was financially reliant on me and was therefore in debt to us."

"That doesn't sound like the whole picture. Who put you up to this?"

"The Rosso Family... They see Tempest and you two as threats to their power..."

"The Rosso family?!" Mjoll was shocked. "The shadow committee... is it them?"

Laden grabbed Mjoll, "Where do they live?"

"Huh? My lord, you don't plan to go after them right this moment do you?"

"Yes, I do. Now tell me Mjoll, or I will put you under the same effect as them and you won't remember this information."

"R-right... The Kingdom of Siltrosso. It is between Farmenas and Ingrassia, facing the North Sea. Please, Lord Laden, think of the consequences of making a move like that right after this festival."

"For the fact that his man has failed his task, either way, I'll hold off for today since there's a meeting later."

"Thank you," Mjoll lowered his head.

Laden snapped his fingers, Diablo brought in a large chest that, once dropped and opened, snapped the others out of their trance. The duke and the rest did not recall anything after Laden entered, and while the duke tried to cry that the coins were fake, Hinata walked in shortly after, claiming that the Holy Empire bought a large number of goods and the serves. To call the coins fake was to insult the Holy Empire, so the duke quickly retracted what he said but used the duke's words as cause to ban the merchants.

Gazel, Elmesia, Rimuru, and the other powers were gathered in the conference room, drinking tea. Laden reported that the issue with the merchants was resolved and that Mjoll made the merchants indebted to him by getting them unbanned. Neither mentioned Rosso at that moment. The Holy Empire and the others had stopped all dealing with Eastern merchants, and Rimuru brought up his thoughts on Yuuki once more.

Once the conversation lightened and people were departing, Elmesia said she would be purchasing an estate in Tempest for when she returned and for Eren to use in the meantime. The Emperor had made plans for Tempest to send engineers with the railway plans that Laden would design with Vesta and Kaijin. Something Laden strongly stated he would be involved with. Resulting in missing the events of the days passing by, such as Hinata challenging the dungeon after the paladins failed to beat Ramiris' elemental colossus and her eventual fight with Veldora. A battle that Veldora won, barely hurt by Hinata's ultimate attack.

***

Elsewhere in Siltrosso, later on, a rich young girl of ten years, smiled happily as she counted the gold coins in her chest. An otherworlder of greed. That greed had led her on the path to try and control Tempest. After the festival and the results of it, the Western Council held a meeting, which Hinata was forced to go. After eight hours of arguing, opinions split as to whether the lords were evil and if they should be allowed to join, the council concluded that the lords should be allowed to join. Thinking they would be able to manipulate Tempest into offering gifts and Velhiem being their shield from the Eastern Empire.

Hinata, tired of it, was going to leave when she ran into Prince Elric of Ingrassia, who planned to provoke the Demon Lords and requested Hinata as his guard. She advised strongly against it, stating Laden would destroy Ingrassia if he took the provocation too far. Elric and his knight degraded her for acting like a meek woman. Hinata responded by making it clear where the Holy Empire stood, and where she stood before walking away.

On a trip to Ingrassia to speak with the council, Rimuru, Laden, Souei, Lucia, and Shuna walked through the city. The two woman picked items from stores they thought the others back in Tempest would love. Shuna even picked a sleeveless red dress and asked Laden if he would like to see Shion in it. But Laden was distracted when he saw Hinata appear.

News eventually reached them that Duke Muse was found dead. The culprit was never found. Meaning only Laden, Mjoll, and Erebus who hid in Laden's shadow, knew of Rosso's involvement. As for the death, Souei never saw it, and from his report, Rimuru thought that it may have been a sniper. At a cafe, Hinata reveals that Yuuki does have a handgun, but she has yet to see a rifle of any kind, then asks Tempest not to produce them. Especially not in mass, as the council wants Tempest's military force.

"Laden," Rimuru said as the two walked down the halls to the council with Shuna and Hinata. "Don't go too far."

"I make no promises because I can already tell from what Hinata has said that this will go poorly."

"Just... don't kill anyone."

"Sure."

Upon entering, they are swarmed by superficial compliments that Laden's ears can tell are lies, a few were even bold enough to offer bribes with support money. Both managed to annoy the two lords, who wanted to get the meeting over with and were immediately met with three demands to Tempest. To follow the already established international laws. All council members must be allowed to partake in Tempest's economy. And Tempest must spread its military throughout the Western nations and defend them.

Rimuru was okay with this, on account that this was expected and so Shuna brought out the multiple copies of their listed conditions. The council took time to look them over and discuss them until finally a desk is launched in the air by Rimuru after seeing the demands the council added. Such as giving them partial ownership of the dungeon and allowing Tempest to only have human representatives.

"You dare make such ridiculous demands of me?" Rimuru's aura poured out, silencing the room. "Demon Lord Rimuru Tempest!"

"I wonder why you have all grown silent and ignored my lord's question," Shuna spoke up, "Have you perhaps forgotten who you are speaking with?"

"Tempest does not need this council. The only reason I am here is to promote peace, nothing more," Rimuru reeled back in his frustrations, leading to Elric's knight to kick down the door and interrupt the meeting.

"So you're the Demon Lords, this one is so puny," The knight mocked Rimuru before bringing out an orb of domination. "I think I'll make you my puppet with this and have you deal with your friend."

"We didn't call for this?! We have nothing to do with this!" The council was in chaos.

"Reiner," Hinata reprimanded, "You are not allowed here!"

Elric answered as he walked in, "I allowed him. We can't let an opportunity like this slip by to defeat two Demon Lords. Reiner, use the orb of domination!"

"This orb?" Laden asked, taking the orb unnoticed before crushing it in his hand. "What orb? I think Tempest has had its turn to speak. That fine with you?"

Rimuru nodded, "At this point, do as you please."

"Huh?" Elric looked confused as Laden smiled as a mist poured out of him.

The building shattered, and an immense release of magicules washed through the entire city as Laden transformed into a dragon. The debris flooted in the air and was filled with a thunderous roar, as all the frightened people of the city heard him, "It's time I spoke for Velhiem. Listen. Your countries are fragile and you people are corrupt. I care not for any of you or your kind. As far as I and Velhiem are concerned, anyone who points a blade at Tempest is an enemy. Any enemy of my shall learn by it is Rimuru should be seen as the merciful one. For I could destroy everything here, right now, and there would be nothing you could do to stop me. So, humans, rethink your place carefully."

Then, as though the destruction never happened, the building was whole again. But the mental scars were real, everyone, including Prince Elric and his knight, were on the ground. "Was that real?" The prince asked, terrified.

"We also have a list of all the bribes made to the council by you," Laden, walked over and kneeled to the prince, "You shouldn't mess with people more powerful than you."

The knight attempted one last move, raising his sword against Laden but was struck into a wall by Hinata, who knew if she did not step in, Laden was likely to kill him there. Right as Laden raised his hand, he sensed murderous intent from someone in the distance. A small portal opened and a bullet came flying out toward Elric. Laden grabbed it, crushing it in his hand.

"I'll get them," Laden said before running through the building, literally, in the direction of the intent.

"W-was that... real?" The prince would remain in shock for days, repeating the same thing.

The King of Ingrassia, who rushed to the meeting after what Laden did, was not shocked by the state his son was in, and apologized to Rimuru before having the guards take his son, Reiner, and the corrupt council members away. The council recollected themselves and unanimously decided to recognize both countries, giving them seats on the council, and control of the council's military. No strings attached.

Meanwhile, outside the city, Glenda, a member of the Ten Saints, realized her shot did not connect with its target and felt Laden's rapid approach. Even after experiencing his skill, she had no choice but to finish her hit. Pointing her handgun in Laden's direction and shooting at him, the bullets were infused with magic, but they did nothing to Laden. One solid hit to the head and Glenda was killed.

When word of Glenda's death and Laden's show of force reached the little girl in Siltrosso. Mariabell Rosso would make her move, not knowing it would be her last.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50K 1.1K 40
Rimuru awakens after his evolution to find that more has changed besides just a simple increase in strength. For starters, he has become a she!!! Ho...
451 16 4
At a very young age, Akinoko will randomly stumble across Veldanava's death domain in her dreams. Enjoining her time with the Ancient Dragon until on...
20.8K 1.2K 32
One day, Rimuru wakes up only to find that he's once again been reincarnated into another world. Only instead of being a Slime, he's been reincarnate...
13.4K 172 23
Tensura x (OP Female and Male OC) Tensei shitara slime datta ken Fanfiction Description: (Changed) This is the story of an Unknown individual with ma...