Heal Me With Your Love

By Preetx

Flight Lt. Samrat Singh Shekawat is burdened by the sins of his past. Flight Lt. Tanvi Sharma has seen him at... More

Copyright, Blurb, Covers and more
Prologue: Aisa Nahi hona Chahiye!
#1 Dosti hai ya... Pyar?!
#2 Confusion aur Confession!
#3 Aankh micholi
#4 Dard ki Aahat
#5 Ateet ke panne (I)
#5 Ateet ke panne - (II)
#6 Kismat ka Maara
#7 Rahat-e-rooh Yeh Dosti (I)
#7 Rahat-e-rooh Yeh Dosti (II)
#8 Valentine's, Wallah! (I)
#8 Valentine's, Wallah (II)
#8 Valentines, Wallah (III)
#9 Masti, Masti mein
#10 Ek saath, ek naya mission (I)
#10 Ek saath, Ek naya mission (II)
#10 Ek saath Ek naya mission (III)
#11 Nayee boss, naye kaarname (I)
#11 Nayee boss, Naye kaarname (II)
#12 Intezaar
#14 (I) Fauji ka rutba
#14 (II) Jazbaati Dil
#15 Ek tarfa Izhaar
#16 Na karo Itna pyar
#17 Yeh kahan Aa gaye Hum
#18 Dosti ke Pal (I)
#18 Dosti ke Pal (II)
#19.1 Na tum jaano Na hum (I)
#19.2 Na tum jaano Na hum (II)
#19.3 Na tum Jano Na hum (III)
#19.4 Na tum jaano Na hum (IV)
#20. 1 Dost se Dushman? (I)
#20.2 Dost se Dushman? (II)
#20.3 Dost se Dushman? (III)
#21 Sabse Worst Kism ka Ladka?? (I)
#22 Woh tha sabse charming kism ka!
#23.1 I love you too...
#23.2 Back to normal ??ยฟ
#24 Samrat, the New boss?
#25.1 Sabse Worst kism ka Ladka (II)
#25.2 Caring/Jealous kism ka!?
#26 Girl talk. Guy talk.
#27 Not what the heart wants, haan?
#28 Tit for Tat?

#13 Hum Aapke Hain Kaun?

20 3 22
By Preetx

Like a bright ray of light piercing the eternal darkness in the starless cosmos, the light from a jet plane descending on the runway hits Tanvi in the eyes. She springs from her chair, unable to contain her excitement. Samrat is back!

Halting the plane on the deserted runway, a lone figure emerges out of the cockpit. Tanvi closes the distance between them with double speed. Upon reaching closer and confirming it's indeed Samrat, (dadh, who else can it be), she hugs him tightly. Her senses return to her soon enough. She pulls away with a cough.

His flying suit was cold to touch, sweat soaked, yet she could feel his body heat underneath her fingertips. What? So much from a momentary contact? Ahem, get a grip, girl!

"Sam! You're back! Thank God!"

Samrat looks at Tanvi. The runway is pitch dark. He pulls out the emergency torch from his pocket and shines the light away from both of them. It's indeed Tanvi. Heh. There was a time when girls would fly to him, but now only one girl does it; and it's true that he'd like no one else but her to venture this close to him. What's he thinking? Ugh!

He takes a double take at her, wondering if she's one of those mirages that he could have glimpsed over the desert landscape. Heh, low chances of finding one on the runway but... He hears her voice. Initially she smiled, now she looks away with a pout, crossing her arms,

"Sam! Kitna waqt laga diya tumne wapas aane mein! Kitni pareshan ho gayi thi main!"

Samrat chuckles a little breathlessly. "Sorry, yaar. The weather conditions were not favourable for flying. So I had to make a few pit stops and... somehow I got back."

Tanvi just huffs, looking more cross than before; Samrat doesn't know why. He shines his torch further around and glances at the hangar. No sign of anyone around.

"Tanvi, agar sab log yahan se chale gaye toh tum bhi chali jaati na. Hum airbase mein mil sakte the!"

"Idiot!" Tanvi smacks him on the arm, it's a more forceful hit than usual. It doesn't hurt, of course. "I was waiting for you, Sam! Main dekhna chahti thi that you're fine! Aur tum apni aircraft ke ko bina final check kiye kaise le ja sakte ho?"

"Arey, kal raat ko hi toh check kiya tha na, Tanvi!"

"Lekin protocol ke hisab se toh ek aur check karna banta hai! Shakti aircraft naye aircraft hai! Not the regular jets you fly, Sam!"

"Tanz, I'm sorry yaar."

"Hmph! Mujhe samajh mein nahi aaya, tumne volunteer kyun kiya?"

"Weather conditions were not favourable, Tanz. Harjot ma'am chahti thi ki nek kam mein deri na ho! Aur hum log soldiers hain, hum khatre se dar kar baith nahin sakte!"

"Sahi hai, Sam. Lekin we are not at war right now. Itni bhi jaldi nahi thi ki unfavourable conditions flying karke koi soldier apni jaan khatre mei daale. At least aircraft check to karva kar jaate!"

Samrat throws his hands up in the air. "Achha baba! Sorry! Agli baar aisa nahi karunga."

"Ugh... you sound so breezy! Tum samajhte kyun nahi? Akeli main yaha thi sara din!"

"Maine sorry bola na! Please don't be mad, Tanz."

"Main tumse baat nahi karungi, Sam!"

"Arey, par..."

Tanvi ignores Samrat and walks towards the hangar. Samrat jogs after her, helmet and torch in hand. Tanvi hops into the driver's seat of the Jeep.

"Tanz, wait!"

"Main tumhen lift nahi dungi, Sam! Tum keh rahe the na! Tum kaise bhi air base pahunch jaaoge! Toh wahi karna."

Tanvi says this in a clipped tone and revs the engine of the jeep, now all buckled in, one foot on the accelerator. Headlight beams flare to life at one flick of her palm against the dashboard.

"Arey, Tanvi please aisa mat karo yaar! Mujhe chod kar mat jao!" Samrat half chuckles as he pleads. "I really am exhausted after that long flight and... All that desert heat and sandstorm ugh... Please, yaar. Allow me to sit, ha?"

Tanvi looks at Samrat, one look at his face melts away her anger. It wasn't anger more than worry for him, anyway. And what's with that sweet talking and admitting his weakness? Mujhe chod kar na jao... Though said in an entirely different context, the words made her heart pound. How unfair! Ugh, it's all in your head, Tanz. Samrat is the usual and... well maybe he's being more sweet to you ever since he suspects you have a thing for him! It's unfair he does this and wants you to not fall for him.

Not knowing her thoughts, Samrat puts one hand over the jeep's railing.

"Tanz, please? What do you say?"

"Piche baith jao!" Tanvi responds, quashing the urge to be sweet to him.

"Piche kyun?" Samrat eyes the backseat weirdly.

"Mere bagal mein koi jagah nahi hai for you, Sam. I don't want you next to me right now. Your wish. Varna chal kar aana airbase."

Samrat has no choice but to sit in the back seat. He heaves a sigh, thinking it's weird that Tanvi won't let him sit in the front. Hey, it still has a few perks. He can undo the zipper of his overalls down from his collarbone to the middle of his chest and let warm air around caress his sweat-soaked skin. Hmm, balmy though it is, the breeze is nice. He messes up his bangs and puts his helmet down on the floor, easing into a much relaxed posture, letting some of the tension melt from his shoulders. Heh, he can't do this in the front seat. It would probably be inappropriate... even in front of his friend.

"All set?" Tanvi inquires over her shoulder. The engine revs again. She doesn't even adjust the rearview mirror like he does.

Samrat watches her drive. All around them, there is darkness, the path ahead of them to the airbase is illuminated by the jeep's headlight beams. He can't help but think, why did she stay? The concern in her eyes and how she hugged him! Her delicate body pressed snug against his; no other woman has hugged him that way. Even if one did, he doesn't remember. Tanvi is only worried as his best friend right? Sure, he'd be just as worried if they were to switch places now, just as mad too. Wait, is he even allowed to think of her this way?

He can only hope her feelings are purely friendship and nothing more. Okay, how many times will he hope that what she feels for him isn't love? Every time he hopes there is a feeling in his chest he can't quite tap into. What's this feeling? What does he want out of this mess? Why does being with Tanvi make him feel this way? This unknown feeling is quite pleasant and at the same time aggravating.

***
🌀TBC🌀

🌈📚💭Word count; 900 words

📚❣️📚✨Up next; Sam is sick!? 🥺🤔Why? A confession is soon on the way 😁😅👄 but how!!?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.3K 3.3K 56
"๐Œ๐˜ ๐’๐„๐‘๐ˆ๐„๐’ ๐๐Ž๐Ž๐Š ๐Ž๐๐„" One-year is all it takes for strangers to become deep lovers. One-year contract marriage is all takes to turn att...
22.4K 2K 72
" An Indian story background, but Non - Indians can easily connect with it." Ahana Kapoor and Arhaan Malhotra. Two best friends, who've been together...
1.5K 94 13
~1st book in the FLAMES SERIES โ™กThe sacred of ~FLAMESโ™ก Their stars were aligned together, but fate made them poles apart. However, as they say, even...
287K 2.1K 7
Believe it or not, we assume every love tale as cliche until and unless we dive into it. Both above figures had a kind of part to play here which is...