BEWARE The Cowboy [BWWM]

By Stars-vs-Chocolates

Reilly Jones works at Ruby's Inn. A prominent diner in Red Oak. She's young, naive and last but certainly not... More

Chapter 1 - The Customer
Chapter 2 - The Bet
Chapter 3 - Say YES
Chapter 4 - Modesty
Chapter 5 - CHARM?
Chapter 6 - The Reilly Effect
Chapter 7 - Dream On Cowboy!
Chapter 8 - Feeding Frenzy
Chapter 9 - Hiding Something
Chapter 10 - Up The Ante
Chapter 11 - Payment
Chapter 12 - You Ruined Me!
Chapter 13 - Romantic Bone
Chapter 14 - My Girl
Chapter 15 - Vulnerable
Chapter 16 - Priority
Chapter 17 - A-class
Chapter 18 - A Report
Chapter 20 - Reward
Chapter 21 - Prize
Chapter 22 - Just Like Ole Times
Chapter 23 - Cooking Up A Storm
Chapter 24 - I Like Chocolate
Chapter 25 - ¿Novia?
Chapter 26 - Advice
Chapter 27 - Cowboy Boots
Chapter 28 - Go Get Reilly
Chapter 29 - Nowhere
Chapter 30 - Useful
Chapter 31 - Chaos
Chapter 32 - Blankly
Chapter 33 - Mysterious Stranger
Chapter 34 - Everything
Chapter 35 - Settle
Chapter 36 - WANTED
BEWARE

Chapter 19 - Magical

31.4K 1.4K 63
By Stars-vs-Chocolates

Hey Rom-Cubs,

I've been waiting a very long time for this. To shed a little more light on Leo Jones (Reilly's father) that is.

Before I get into the jist of things, I would like you guys to check out my Wattpad sister and closest friend, IssieKnight.

She writes the most awesome Stars Wars books. Her ideas are as unique, beautiful, awesome, wonderful, funny and amazing as she is. So please do that on thing for me, check out her book Thawed In Space.

On another note, 1.01K votes is the recipe for a mental breakdown but I love you guys for it. I'm saying thank you. And I keep blushing every time I think of BTC now. You Rom-Cubs are the nicest most awesomest people in the world wide world.

OK I'mma quit yacking now.

Here's the 19th installation of BTC.

Please
VOTE
COMMENT
RECOMMEND
FAN

Enjoy!!!! ^_^

- Ang

-------------

••REILLY's POV

Night was beginning to cloud over as evening came to an end. The sun was setting on the horizon for miles and left a soft glow over the open land so much so that it appeared golden. Almost magical.

My life was the furthest from magical.

My mother had passed on, my father was not so much ... well ... a father. He had gambled me off to a bunch of lowlives. The only thing just about magical in my life was Gerard.

I couldn't fathom why he considered me ... why he even pursued me ... considering I wasn't nearly one of the most beautiful girls in town.

I wasn't classy like them. I didn't have nice clothes ... nice shoes. My father wasn't one of the most respectable dads in Red Oak but I think it was fair to say he plummeted from that place a long time ago.

I don't know what happened to him. He just ... changed ... after my mother died. My father wasn't always this way. He used to be a jovial fella ... jolly even but when she died it was like the ground wasn't the ground anymore. It was as if someone has poured out gasoline and tossed a lit match unto it.

I tried to help after all it killed me to see my once joyous father become so glum and distorted.

"Hey," A smooth voice infiltrated my thoughts. I looked up from the novel in my hand to meet his crystal olive eyes.

I sat out on the porch seat. My legs stretched out across the full length of the bench. I moved my legs down making a space for him to sit but as Gerard sat he brought my feet unto his lap and begun massaging my feet. A moan escaped from my lips as I closed my eyes savoring the much needed attention to my base.

"Buttercup ... you best stop that or my hands won't only be massaging your feet." At once my eyes shot wide and my hand clenched the pillow before tossing it to his face. He froze shocked at the action.

"You can do the sweetest thing yet undo it in a matter of seconds when you say something like that." I rolled my eyes a bit flustered by his comment.

"Babe, I'm just being honest." Gerard said winning him a bokey on one of his large arms. 

Gerard gazed at me his eyes turning a shade darker before he pulled me forward by my legs. I tried to fight against his strong grip but eventually I was sitting in his lap while his arms circled around my waist.

The moment I turned to chide him my lips had been stolen by the infamous cowboy. A hand glided it's way up to the nape of my neck pressing me into him while the other found its way under my shirt. I immediately pulled away from the kiss in a panick.

"I'm sorry," Gerard apologized at once though his face held a confused expression.

I laid my head on his shoulder almost driven to tears. Gerard placed a soft almost nonexistent kissed at the hollow of my neck before bringing my face up to meet his gaze.

"Reilly tell me. I know you are hiding something but you are not doing a very good job of hiding it." I sensed the seriousness in his tone.

I removed myself forcefully from his grasp falling clumsily unto the wooden porch. Gerard cringed at my impact and was about to help me but I picked myself up storming inside passed his siblings who were all happy to see me. I hastened my step as I heard heavy footfalls behind me. I could think of no other they belonged to than that that bedazzling cowboy. Upon reaching my door, his arms circled around my waist hoisting me up from behind pulling me across the hall into his room before closing the door before me using this foot. I fought all the while to no available as his hands didn't once budge.

"I'm not letting you go until you get this out of your system." He groaned low into my ears while I fought tooth and nail against the grip of his muscular arms.

"Let me go," I tried to sound brave but it came out more like a wimper.

"Not that easy baby," Gerard said softly when I stopped fighting.

I gazed at the floor biting my lips in anxiety while fiddling with my fingers.

This is why I never got close to anyone. Why I never even bothered to show interest in any guy. I didn't want them to know about me but Gerard seemed to be defying all my laws. I was fairly certain that if I told him, he would be disgusted with me. That the unreadable emotion in his eyes would reveal itself as pure repugnance.

How did I let him go now that I'd become so attached to him? Yes it wasn't more than a few months ... but I knew that I was in jeopardy. In jeopardy of ... falling in love with him. This was all his fault. He made it so easy and now ... because he wanted to know I would risk losing him altogether.

I didn't deserve him. I shouldn't even have encouraged him to begin with.

"It's OK." Gerard cooed bringing a lock of my hair that had fallen from my short ponytail behind my left ear.

It was a bit longer before I calmed myself enough to even begin to try to explain. His arms we're still around me as he stepped back moving us further into room before he sat pulling me into his lap.

"He wasn't always this." I breathed.

"Your father," I nodded at his observation.

"I remember I was about seven. It was my birthday. My mother and father carried me to ride my first pony. I was so excited but also a bit nervous.

My father crouched down a pulled me to sit on his lap and said something simple to me. He said everyone wants to be loved. It's OK.

His words we're simple but they had a huge impact on me. When I rode my first pony I wasn't nervous anymore if fact they had to pry me away.

My mother wasn't feeling well so we took her to the hospital. Everything happened so fast. I couldn't console him. He just lost it in there. He went down on his knees crying in the middle of the corridor.

Everything went numb. For a while he would try to make an effort to make me happy but my eleventh birthday came around and Ms. Casey our neighbour was babysitting me when he came across to fetch me. I could smell the alcohol on his clothes.

He asked me why I was by our neighbor and I told him that he'd made arrangements for her to watch me while he went to work but his response was a sickening slap across my face as he asked me why I was lying. I was so shocked that I stood there for a while until it registered that he'd just done that. There was so much venom in his eyes that I thought he hated me.

I had no where else to go but to my room. I cried myself to sleep that night hating myself for what had become of my father. I should've done more to make him happy ... to be a good girl but I failed.

The beatings escalated until I found a pattern in his behavior. He would go drink before he came home. I just made sure to be in my room before he came so as to avoid him. When morning came he was usually hung over so it was easy to go to school. I think he hates me ... because I look just like her ... my mother. He used to tell me that I was her splitting image." I couldn't hold it in anymore.

I cried out in his arms feeling disgusted at myself. I waited for him to release me but instead he tightened his hold on me lacing his fingers through mine and folding our arms tightly around me.

"Shhhh baby," He cooed. "Shhh I'm here. No one's going to hurt you again."

I could hear the indignation he tried to conceal within himself as clear as day. I could feel it in the way he held me though he didn't hurt me.

"Shhh baby," He said into my neck.

-- • END of Chap nineteen • --

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

135K 6.1K 20
Hunter is a very successful and wealthy man that is enjoying his life as a well known bachelor. He is known of having very beautiful elegant woman at...
24.7K 666 19
COMPLETED!!✔️ This is an Arthur Morgan X reader story, with you as the main character. You work as a brothel lady in the town called Valentine, and y...
66K 2.8K 30
To him, she was the perfect definition of an angel. What would an angel like her want with a cowboy like him? Did he even stand a chance to win her h...
198K 17.5K 62
A down to earth cowboy with a past is thrown into the supernatural world, when he falls for a vampire who has demons of his own. Daryl's a bullfight...