Everything Has Changed

Av coco-writes

After ending her six year long relationship, Taylor Swift is completely and utterly lost. Everything she has... Mer

Prologue
Part I
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Eat, Pray, Love
High Infidelity
Independence Day
The Pursuit of Happiness
Sleepless in Seattle
Part II
Love Again
Love At First Sight
50 First Dates
Before Sunrise
Just Go With It
When Harry Met Sally
Once
The Last Letter From Your Lover
Love Actually
Promising Young Woman
The Perfect Getaway
Midnight in Paris
One Day
Notting Hill
Life As We Know It
Part III
Unexpectedly Expecting
It's Complicated
Knocked Up
Its Kind Of A Funny Story
No Letting Go
The Light Between Two Oceans
A Girl Like Her
She Is Having A Baby
Love and Other Drugs
Call Me By Your Name
Sister In Law
Baby Mama
Nesting
40 Weeks
Labour Day
Thirteen Hours
Part IV
The Beginning of Life
H is for Happiness
Little Miss Sunshine
The Insider
The Interview
To The Bone
The Best Of Me
Away We go
Three Men and A Baby
A Mouthful of Air
Notes On A Scandal
Lost In Translation
Black Swan
Gone Girl
I'm Thinking Of Ending Things
Romeo and Juliet
Part V
The Dead Poets Society
After Love
The Last Time I Committed Suicide
Ordinary People
God Knows Where I Am
Facing The Giants
Mr Birthday
Its A Wonderful Life
Deck The Halls
A Christmas Story
American Underdog
A Beautiful Life
Look Who's Talking
New York, I Love You

Fourth of July

1.9K 58 21
Av coco-writes

July 4th 2025
Watch Hill, Rhode Island

Fourth of July!!! One of her favourite holidays, a close second to Christmas. Waking up early had become part of Taylor's normal morning routine. It had gone from her raging morning sickness whilst pregnant to getting up with Luna, who had decided to be an early bird baby, much to Travis' disappointment. However that morning was a different story...

They had decided to host a Fourth of July party that year for the all important Independence Day. They had been unable to be all together the previous year due to Taylor's tour still ongoing in Europe but this year Taylor had been determined to get the whole Swift-Kelce family together again. As usual, she was hosting it at the Holiday House in Watch Hill, Rhode Island. That house was famous for Fourth of July parties and held a special place in her heart, even more so when Travis told her what it meant to him...

"Did you know that the picture of you from this house was the picture that made me think I loved you?" Travis uttered as they were watching the waves crash against the sandy peaks of the beach from their patio balcony.

"Really? When was that." Taylor asked, a smile creeping against her cheeks. Travis blushed, a bright shade of Scarlett as he began to retell the story from that night.

"I was back home in Kansas City. I had just finished Tight End University in Nashville and we were all ready talking about you at that point, even though I didn't take much notice." Travis looked down at his hands. He wasn't ashamed of it, far from it: it lead him to his girl, the love of his life.

"What were you guys saying about me?"

"Well I made friendship bracelets for the guys, you know like your fans do for your concerts. They found it cute but they did laugh that I was copying Taylor Swift Fans. I know they were joking but at that point I remember telling Pat I couldn't come to the concert in Kansas City with him. Not because I didn't want to but because I'd already shown my cards and given the game away."

"Oh Trav-" Taylor uttered, a tinge of sadness in her voice as she abandoned the notebook and pen she had been writing down song ideas in to hug Travis into her side in her arms.

"It's ok, really. I should have known it was bound to happen. Anyway, I was sat at home when your photo came up. I was mindlessly scrolling through instagram when I really should have been sleeping and then it popped up. Someone had tagged you in a group photo down on the lawn with the caption 'see you next week Kansas City'. I can just remember thinking whoever this girl is, she is the moat beautiful woman I have ever seen in my whole entire life. And then I saw it was you, and I immediately text Pat to ask if he still had my ticket going spare."

"That is the sweetest thing anyone has said to me. I love you trav." She leaned in to kiss him softly.

"I love you too Tay, so much it's not even funny." He sighed as they continued to stare out at the slowly setting sun, dipping its heat below the horizon out in the distance.

Taylor woke up that morning to find the bed empty. The place beside her that was normally filled by her favourite person was cold and stark, with no signs of life for a good while now. She glanced over to see a fresh cup of coffee left with a note on the nightstand beside her bed.

Made a fresh pot of coffee and took Little Miss Kelce downstairs for a bottle and a play downstairs so that she doesn't wake everyone up x

She smiled, putting the note to one side before reaching for her phone and coffee cup. The entire family had come to spend Fourth of July with them in. Rhode Island. It would be the first time the Kelce family had come to their house in Rhode Island and Taylor was excited to play hostess. Her brother had just text to say that their flight would be landing soon; Austin had some business he had to do in Los Angeles before they could fly out to the east coast for Independence Day. After a while of mindlessly scrolling through her social medias and news outlets, Taylor decided to get up. She didn't bother getting ready just yet, just throwing on her white cotton dressing gown over the top of her pyjamas and made her way downstairs into the living room where she stopped in her tracks. From her viewing point in the corner of the room she could see Travis and Luna. The other girls were watching Bluey in the other room, with Travis keeping Luna somewhere quieter seeing as she had just eaten her breakfast. Watching the two of them bond and play together was the sweetest thing in her eyes. He may be worthy of the hall of fame for his athleticism and talents, but Taylor couldn't think of a job role Travis was more suited to than that of being a father.

"Hey you. Enjoy your lie in?" Travis chuckled as he watched Taylor cross the room to come and sit next to them on the sofa. Luna was lying on his chest, dressed in her onesie from the night before, Travis still in his pyjama trousers and old new heights t-shirt he only ever wore around the house or in bed.

"I did thank you. Missed you both though." Taylor uttered, reaching out a hand to stroke up and down on Luna's back. The baby was awake and alert, sighing in contentment as she found herself back in the safe confinement of her mother's arms.

"I'm gonna get started on some breakfast. The girls are in the other room watching Bluey with Ky. Jason, Mom and Dad are still in bed and I think so are your parents." Travis said, leaving Taylor and Luna to head into the kitchen to make a start of some breakfast. Taylor left Travis to it, knowing he became flustered if she was there watching him in the kitchen, the same way she was with him when she was baking.

"Hey Tay, you ok?" Kylie asked as Taylor sat herself down next to Kylie on the sofa, the three girls spread out on the floor and other sofa, their eyes glued to the tv screen.

"Yeah I'm all good. Glad I managed to get a bit of a lie in this morning, I never seem to get one anymore now that she is here." Taylor laughed, noticing that Luna was beginning to fuss, a tell tale sign that she was hungry. Taylor suspected that Luna didn't drink much of her bottle that morning, so made her way out of the living room before being stopped by Kylie.

"Where are you going?"

"Upstairs to feed her. She is starting to get fussy and I don't want a full blown meltdown his early in the morning, especially not whilst we are all on holiday." Taylor stated just as she was about to turn and leave the room and head back upstairs with Luna.

"Don't be silly, come back here. She needs to be fed, so feed her. It's nothing I haven't seen before and the girls won't notice." Kylie patted the place on the sofa where Taylor had been sitting before, gesturing for her to sit back down. Taylor smiled, taking back her place next to Kylie before she lowered her top to begin feeding Luna. She placed a blanket over them for some modesty but Luna easily began to start feeding peacefully until her tummy was clearly full.

She could hear Travis calling for them, alerting them that breakfast would be ready soon.

'Right girlies, shall we go and wake daddy up?" Kylie asked the three girls, hoping that it would distract them from the fact that the tv would be switched off.

"YAYYYY" She heard all three of them shout before running out of the room towards one of the several guest rooms they had in the house that Jason and Kylie were sleeping in.

When Taylor left the living room she noticed that both her parents and Travis' parents were awake, dressed for the day and downstairs. She smiled, seeing her whole family so easily interact with one another around the dining room table that overlooked out onto the large balcony and veranda outside. Travis had cooked up a storm in their kitchen, everyone from French toast and pancakes to bacon and eggs. Taylor placed Luna in her little bouncer chair that could stand next to their chairs in the dining room before tucking into some French toast with cinnamon that they had prepped together the night before.

Soon the room was filled with the sound of contented eating and discussions of what they would be doing that day. Taylor and Travis had ordered a bounce house and slip and slide for the kids, Taylor knowing that Travis also secretly rented it for himself and his brother to play on too. They had the pool and she could hear the five guys making plans for a BBQ that afternoon which surprised none of them. Taylor hoped beyond anything that the paparazzi would leave them alone for the day. The press knew that they were in Rhode Island. It was no secret and Taylor was determined not to hide anymore. This wasn't a game to be played and won. No longer was it about not being seen, or nobody knowing where she was. It was all about privacy. For them, their little family and the rest of their family, who hadn't asked for any of this spotlight or attention. Today would be all about family and nothing else.

"Woah, woah woah.. ahhhh." Was all that could be heard from Travis' mouth as he was pushed into the pool for the fifth time that afternoon by his nieces. They all laughed hard, their little cheeks screwing up in delight as they watched their uncle fall into the pool and swim back to the side.

"It's crazy to think that next year, it will be Luna playing with them as well." Kylie noted as she rocked Luna in her arms, giving Taylor a little bit of a break as they relaxed on sun loungers around the pool. Their parents could be seen crowded around the bbq and outdoor bar and Jason and Travis had taken the other kids down onto the grass to run off some energy before Bennet would need to go inside for a quick nap.

"I know. I remember two years ago today I had a party here with some of my girlfriends. It was my little break before I headed to Kansas City for the shows at Arrowhead. I remember feeling so happy being amongst my friends and there was this feeling that suddenly things were going to be better. Things were going to happen. And I would never have in my wildest dreams imagined this, but I couldn't be happier than I am now."

And she was right. She had been happier than Travis had seen in her in a long while that day. 

"You got yourself a good one there Tay." Taylor heard her mom say as the pair of them stood in the kitchen helping prepare a salad to go alongside the burgers and other items the men were currently cooking on the barbecue outside.

"you reckon?" Taylor smiled. She knew the answer already. 

"I do. I see the way he looks at you. The way no man had ever looked at you, and now you have little Luna. Now, more than ever, I can see you two getting married." Taylor's eyes widened at her mother's last comment.

"What? Has Travis said anything to you?"

"Maybe he has, maybe he hasn't. That would be telling Taylor." Her mother winked before continuing, realising her daughter was about to spiral out of control with worry and exciemtnet in her head. "Tay, I don't know what that man is planning. He hasn't told me any plans as of yet but believe me when he does, it will be something special." Andrea gave Taylor a squeeze on the arm softly, before carrying out the big bowl of salad they had just made ready for lunch. 

As the day progressed on, Taylor couldn't wipe away the huge grin she had plastered on her face and with Luna safely tucked in a carrier against Taylor's chest, the group sat around a campfire built by Travis, Jason and Ed who could showcase their forest school skills that they apparently had never lost. This was happiness, nothing more and nothing less.

"Aunty Tay, can you sing us a song." Elliotte asked, looking up at Taylor who was sat right next to her. All three girls petitioned to be with Taylor and Travis. Wyatt and Elliotte on either side of Taylor and Bennett on Travis' lap.

"Guys I think Aunty Tay is probably very tired and your cousin is sleeping right now. Maybe tomorrow." Kylie warned, knowing how upset the girls would be.

"Well why don't we do one song before you guys go to bed? One song can't hurt." Taylor uttered looking over to Kylie, who gave her the 'only if you are sure look'. Taylor nodded, smiling before she unclipped the baby carrier against her chest, handing her over to Donna for cuddles with DeeDee. Taylor went over to where her guitar had been resting in the living room the whole day, Taylor often finding inspiration from sitting in the living room that overlooked the garden and the beachfront views.

"What about this one girls, I think you'll like this song."

You're little hands wrapped around my finger
And it's so quiet in the world tonight
Your little eyelids flutter cause you're dreamin'
So I tuck you in, turn on your favourite nightlight
To you, everything's funny
You've got nothing to regret
I'd give all I had honey
If you could stay like that

Oh darling don't you ever grow up
Don't you ever grow up
Just stay this little
Oh darlin', don't you ever grow up
Don't you ever grow up
It could stay this simple
I won't let nobody hurt you
Won't let no one break your heart
And no one will desert you
Just try to never grow up
Never grow up.

It was one of her favourite songs that she had written, and felt even more special knowing that she had a little girl of her own now to sing it to. Sitting around the campfire, singing songs and telling funny tales was how things were meant to be. Happy. If only they could stay this way forever and forever be in this happiness....

AUTHORS NOTE: Is it a cliffhanger, because the drama begins in the next chapter 🤭 Also thank you so so much for over 100k reads. I never even dreamed that 100 people would read it, so to see over 100k reads is just crazy and mind-blowing.

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

96.3K 1.4K 28
The story of A profesional athlete, two time Super Bowl champ, maybe the best tight end to play the sport, who sat down and made her a bracelet of 10...
34.1K 1.3K 24
i'll go wherever you take me, seems kind of crazy. trigger warning: violence, murder, criminal activity this story is co-written b...
117K 3.3K 37
All fiction
34.5K 1K 15
Taylor and Travis have been dating for a little over seven months, and everything is going well. Until one fateful night, Taylor gets a phone call th...