Take Me Home

By dracaryshope

After a disastrous first date, the only things Haseena Mallik and Karishma Singh have in common are mutual di... More

1. Singh Date Disaster
2. Down the Lane
3. One Date please?
4. Goodbyes
5. Settling in
6. Temptations
7. Stockholm Syndrome
8.Hard Feelings
9. Fireproof
10. Nobody Compares to you
11. Act my Age
12. They don't know about us
13. Living with a Stranger
14. Trapped in a Rabbit Hole
15. Half a Heart without you
16. Cheeky Kisses
17. Everything about You
18. Just feels Good
19. Sucker for her Charm
20. I thought I lost you
21. Paradise
22. Karishma's Deceit
23. The Place I belong
24. Stolen kisses
26. From Enemies to Lovers

25. Yours, Haseena Mallik

889 143 64
By dracaryshope

"yaar ye kitni beautiful hai kaash mere pati inne romantic hote." Parminder walked inside the precinct with white roses, saintiny and chrysanthemum in a metal box, it was a quirky bouquet definitely gotten by someone who knew what they were doing. It wasn't too big it wasn't too small it was just the right size like the ones you could keep on your table. Karishma looked at the flowers and scoffed.

"Charles you and your partner are so annoying you know that right? Cute yes, but very annoying." She chided and Charles scoffed as he continued to gaze at Pammi who walked towards them with the neatly arranged flowers, not walking too close to Karishma. The latter returned to her file which was a case she had been assigned this morning but then she stood deciding to have some fun.

"Attention everyone. Charles got flowers from his partner. May I have the attention of this precinct as Pammy reads out what written in the card for all of us."

"Karishma I swear I'll kill you!" Charles a small man of 5 foot 6 puts his heart into his threat to Karishma which she ignores. Pammi had already removed the card from the bunch of flowers clearing her throat.

"To my Karishma, let's go on a date tonight?~ yours, Haseena Mallik." Pammi read out aloud and the silent precinct burst out in laughter even Officers were reeling in laughter, Charles was leading the show because the guy was on the floor now. Karishma who must be embarrassed was instead smiling. She hid her face using her palm and shook her head not really knowing how to stop herself from smiling and blushing like an idiot in love.

"Officers that's the scary Karishma Singh blushing right there." One of Karishma's colleagues commented, while recording everything on his phone. Karishma fished out her phone from her jeans before walking off giving everyone the finger as she did.

She dialled Haseena's number and shooed away her junior away as the phone rang.

"So you want us to go on dates now Ms.Mallik?" She asked before Haseena had the chance to say anything.

"Haan. Matlab you don't? Aapko woh flowers mila? Humko laga aap bhi wohi chahti hai." Haseena stuttered.

"Kya laga aapko Ms. Mallik?" Karishma asked in a deep tone and Haseena gulped unbuttoning her shirts' top button. She thought she was being chivalrous with the flowers and she did not know how to react to her idea flopping. She wasn't the romantic flirty one, that was Karishma's forte and ahe did not know how to escape this. It was awkward and disappointing.

"Singh bhool jayiye theek hai? Aise maan lijiye ki humne humare dost ko flowers bheja hai." Karishma's smile vanished at that word and all her playfulness was replaced by a frown.

"Ek minute. Pehle itna nervous kyun horahi ho sab theek hai na? Is Ki fine?" Karishma asked already pulling out her keys from her jacket.

"Hum theek hai! Calm down alright, aur Kia bhi theek hai abhi sulake aaye hai usko." Karishma sighed but was now confused.

"Par tum itna nervous kyun sound kar rahi hai?"

"I was just hoping you'd say yes isliye thoda sa nervous te bas." Haseena whispered and sighed in relief when Karishma chuckled.

"Mein tumko kabhie mana nahi karungi Haseena. I have been wanting this for so long." Karishma stopped herself from addressing Haseena with an endearment not wanting to make her feel uncomfortable. Haseena sighed in relief and smiled biting her lower lip to contain it before it could borderline into a wide grin. She just loved the way Karishma pronounced her name. It was like she was putting effort behind making it sound as alluring as it could ever sound or it could be just that she was simply addicted to her voice. Either way she added it to the list of things she loved about Karishma and the list was getting dangerously long. She slightly shook her head before replying.

"So it's a yes Karishma?" Haseena replied intentionally using her first name which was still new for both of them and this time it was Karishma who was catching her breath at simply being called by her name.

"Haan par ek sharth pe." Haseena contorted her brows but crossed her arms as her phone was on speaker on her glass table. She was ready for the challenge.

"Ji kahiye na." Haseena prompted not knowing that her mother Noor Jahan was also in her cabin now. Noor was about to announce her presence but Karishma beat her to it.

"Ek baar aur Karishma kaho na you make it sound so sexy-" Haseena widened her eyes when Noor cleared her throat. She shuffled awkwardly trying to cut the call but Karishma was continuing with her very open declaration of being turned on by Haseena merely saying her name.

"KARISHMA-hum rakhte hai." She fumbled and Noor eyed for a moment but ended up laughing at her daughter. This version of Haseena was fun to look at. She was the one in control of everything and it was entertaining to see her lose herself when she was with Karishma who had a personal mission of destroying Haseena's rulebook. The meeting was an awkward ordeal because Noor was chuckling occasionally and Haseena was finding it hard to concentrate. She sneaked her phone and messaged Karishma as she had cut the call abruptly.

"I'll pick you up at 7?"

"Yes. Quick question Is it weird to ask your date to be your gf on your first date?" Karishma replied almost instantly and Haseena hid her mouth using her palm before her mother and others present in the meeting could catch her smiling like a fool.

"Not if you have also been living with your date for months. Also, can't wait." Came Haseena's reply after which Haseena earned a glare from her mother, making her place her phone aside and Karishma smiled widely with closed eyes and scrunched nose tapping her forehead with her phone. She pulled a pen from her table and threw it in the direction of Charles because she had heard him scoff and it seemed to have hit her target because he yelped but Karishma couldn't care less. She was truly high on love.

Haseena glanced at her watch before returning back to the report she was supposed to review. She noticed how restless she felt thinking about the impending date and then looked at her clothing wondering if she needed to change but let that thought slide for the moment wanting to concentrate on the work at hand. Of course she didn't have to make reservations because she had planned to take Karishma to Claire's and she knew the restauranteur very well. Everything was planned. She had already asked if Pushpa ji could babysit Kia and she seemed more than ready as she had no appointments for the evening.

Haseena texted Karishma that she was here, her car parked near the precinct, in time as usual. She decided to check her reflection on the rear view mirror to see if she looked fine. She was still in her grey pant suit but the way Karishma had eyed her top to toe that morning was proof enough she didn't have to be extravagant to get the attention of the woman she adored. She had seen her pjs, in her old comfy loose tees in which she might look homeless even. She chuckled at how her and Karishma were going in reverse gear and checked the time on the dash realising it had already been 15 mins since she had arrived and Karishma hadn't yet seen her message.

"Kaisi hai ye ladki!" She complained, her heart dropping at the possibility that Karishma might have entirely forgotten about it. Her thoughts were interrupted when there was a brief knock on the window but the person knocking wasn't the one Haseena was waiting. She lowered the window looking at the uniformed police officer who was in turn looking at her as if she knew her.

"You're Karishma's girl right? Haseena Mallik?" Haseena didn't quite know how to answer but she did know that her heart might have skipped a beat or two at being addressed that way but then the officer looked worried and her heart was now skipping beats for an entirely different reason, Karishma's safety topping the list.

"Is she alright?" She uttered.

..

Haseena had rushed to the hospital named by the officer. That was where they had taken Karishma. She didn't wait to get more details but had simply driven her car as if she was in the next instalment of Fast and Furious, to see for herself. She couldn't find Karishma in the ED and she spotted Pushpa ji she had rushed to her. Karishma was in one of the patient rooms getting her wound examined and she was conscious. As soon as Haseena learnt the fact she melted on to the metal chair in the waiting area, her fright getting the best of her she hid her face behind her palm sighing deeply. Pushpa ji informed her that Mira was taking care of Kiara and she was here as Karishma's emergency contact and apologised for not calling her. Haseena had only nodded and then had ushered Pushpa ji to the cafeteria when she came to know she hadn't eaten anything.

Haseena felt stupid because her not being Karishma's emergency contact was bothering her in a weird way and she let the irk show on her face, nevertheless glad that the latter was okay. A hoard of uniformed cops exited the room and it was her queue to get inside but she was busy calming herself down so it took her a few long breaths before she entered the not very private room. Karishma's bed was adjacent to another one only a curtain separating the two. Guess cops weren't THAT top priority to private hospitals afterall. Karishma grinned at her and Haseena frowned at her mere audacity. Taking long strides in Karishma's direction, not really caring about the old couple in the adjacent bed Haseena found herself shouting at Karishma before she could stop herself.

"Aap hass rahi hai Karishma? Aapko koi idea bhi kitne pareshaan hogaye te hum wahaan precinct mein aapke liye wait kar rahe te aur kisi officer ne aake bataya humko ki you're shot I-I was caught off guard aur- aur yahaan Pushpa ji hai? Itne saare officers matlab poora NYPD hi lagta hai yahaan shift hui hai aur humko ab patah lagraha hai?! Aur aap? Hass rahi hai. Aur aapko maza aata hai aose harr baar aapke jaan ko daanv pe laga deti hai? Don't you get it that you now have a kid to look after. You now have to stay alive for Kiara and for me." Haseena hid her face with her palm rubbing her eyes trying to calm herself down, the last word of her sentence a mere whisper.

"Haseena." Karishma said in a low tone shifting to face her but Haseena gestured at her to stop not yet knowing the true vigour of her injuries.

"Idhar aao." Karishma extended her hand but Haseena shook her head not really looking at Karishma, afraid she'd cry. Karishma's eyes did that to her. Karishma sighed and shifted to get down but Haseena walked closer reaching out to hold her by her hand but Karishma hissed at her grip making her jerk away but winked to indicate that she was joking.

"I was shot on my left hand and it's not that deep. It was all so sudden yaar road rage case tha aur uske glove box mein gun tha we were caught off guard baby I didn't do it on purpose okay?" Haseena moved to sit opposite Karishma who sat with crossed legs, each facing the other.

"I'll have my emergency contact changed abhi okay? Mujhe nahi laga ki aisa kuch hoga I-I am sorry na Haseena." Before Haseena could reply a friendly looking old guy popped out of the curtain separating them and the other bed. He was confidently beaming at them as if he'd known them since ages.

"Parece que tu esposa está enojada haaa!" Haseena scrunched up her nose not really understanding anything but Karishma snickered.

"ella está embarazada. son las hormonas." Karishma replied with a smile Haseena recognised so well now. It was the sneaky one whenever she was up to some kind of mischief. The man rejoiced and called to his wife who on the bed announcing whatever Karishma had told him and lady shouted something not able to get up because of her iv line.

"Felicidades dios te dé toda la felicidad!" He walked up to Haseena and pointed at her belly with the same beam before going back to the other side of the curtain.

"Woh aadmi humko moti bularahe hai kya jo humare pett ko ishare karke gaye hai?" Haseena asked eyeing her tummy which was flat as ever. Suddenly she regretted the sugar in her cappuccino this morning. Karishma giggled and poked at her nonexistent tummy.

"Kuch nahi hai bas haal chaal pooch rahe hai donon."

"Acha." Haseena sounded unconvinced but decided to let it go concentrating on what was really bothering her. "We must be jinxed or something- harr baar jab hum date pe jaate hai kuch na kuch haathsa hojata hai!" Haseena declared and Karishma laughed at her superstition but stopped when Haseena finally looked into her eyes which shone with tears of concern.

"Comeon Mallik aisa kuch bhi nahi hai, the last time we went on a date-"

"-Santu aur Cheetah ka car accident hua tha." Haseena said not letting Karishma finish. Karishma could now see the real reason behind Haseena's reaction. She began in a soft convincing voice wanting to reassure Haseena that she wasn't leaving her alone in this lifetime.

"Haseena aisa kuch nahi hai baba ye bas ittefaq hai and I am sorry tumko mere wajah se phir se woh dinn ka yaad aagaya. Aur ayindha se bahoth careful rahungi haan? Aisa kabhie nahi hoga dubara." Haseena nodded and Karishma smiled hopefully, knowing her Mallik was finally melting. She was about to cup her face pull her into an embrace but Abid's voice interrupted her thoughts. Haseena hastily blinked away her unshed tears getting up from the bed and Karishma nearly pouted at the distance between them.

"Mr. Commissioner." Karishma greeted and Abid nodded in acknowledgement. Haseena walked to him giving him a side hug and just like that Commissioner Mallik was now Haseena's Abbu who had come to visit his daughter's significant other. The old man again poked his head through the curtain shouting another dios te dé toda la felicidad at Abid. Abid simply nodded with a polite smile not knowing what the whole thing was about.

Haseena separated from the hug and recognised how proud her father looked and internally scoffed. It seemed like universe had played a complicated play to beinge Karishma into her father's life because she was everything Abid ever wanted from his offspring.

"I hope treatment theek se hua aur aapko turant leke aagaye te yahaan?" Abid was using his robotic voice which meant this was Karishma's senior-most officer and not her father.

"Ji sir. Turant hogaya tha abhi unka protocol ke liye ruke hai aur pain meds di gayi hai." Abid nodded.

"I heard how you jumped right into the chase not waiting for backup from the uniformed officers. Very impressive work again, Detective Singh." Abid complimented and Karishma widened her eyes because Abid was spilling things she had herself omitted from her heart to heart with Haseena moments ago and Abid was sabotaging everything in the process. She gestured for him to cut it but Haseena was quicker than wind.

"Abbu kya kaha aapne abhi? Karishma didn't wait for backup matlab she wasn't in gear? Not even a bullet proof vest? I thought it was a road rage thingy?" Karishma cleared her throat making another gesture to her senior but he was unbeknownst.

"Nahi baccha it was a chase down. We had been searching for that criminal for weeks now and Karishma went in pursuit, recognising him on her way to forensics down Berlin St." Haseena crossed her arms, processing all the new information.

"She was very brave indeed she very much deserves the nomination for Medal Of Valour." Abid announced with pride and Haseena grit her teeth containing the rage she felt within herself. She looked at Karishma who was looking somewhere else. She hadn't even informed her about the nomination.

Not only had Karishma downplayed the entire thing but she had also lied about being careful where in reality what she had done was anything but careful. Karishma was noticing Haseena's expression and knew she had to grovel before her to pacify her this time. This seemed to be something she was getting good at, pacifying Haseena. Haseena's phone rang and she excused herself not wanting to shout at Karishma before her Abbu.

"Mr. Commissioner." She said once Haseena had gone out.

"Ji?"

"Kya aap nahi chahte ki hum aapke beti se shaadi kare unse pyaar karein unke saat rahein? KHUSH rahein?" Karishma asked with a fake smile.

"Nahi Karishma humko aap bahoth pasand hai Haseena ke liye. Kyun?" Abid asked ever so innocently and Karishma realised he didn't even do it intentionally.

"Toh phir aise humare pyaar ka dushman kyun bane hai aap? Aapki beti naraaz hoke gayi hai by the way." Karishma spat in an acidic voice, pointing at the door with a frown and Abid finally realised what happened.

"Isn't it better if she knew the whole truth." Abid sat on the visitors chair before continuing and Karishma listened intently as if Abid was giving her the most important advice ever. It was his very similar behaviour that had cost him his family and he wouldn't want that to happen to them.

"Dekhiye, I know Hasee. Haan, shayad aap bhi unko humse behtar jaanne lagi hai par trust me kid usse chupane ke bagair usko saara sach bata dena behtar hoga aapke liye." Abid said with a been there done that kind of expression and Karishma couldn't help but agree.

"Mein usko darake bhagana nahi chahti hoon aap samajh rahe hai na? Our job is dangerous and I don't want her to live in the fear of losing me." Karishma opened up not really believing that the person she was confiding in was Haseena's own father. He just seemed to understand somehow and Karishma wanted to vent before she lost her mind.

"Ache se samajh rahe hai. Humari Noor isi darr ke takaan mein humpe roz ladne lagi thi aur hum ghar aana hi bandh kardiye te..par woh nahi bhagne waali hai Ms. Singh." Abid gave her a knowing smile and Karishma raised her brows at how confident he was.

"Kyu?" Karishma mumbled.

"Kyunki iss baar humari Hasee toh Phasee." Abid commented with a smirk and Karishma chuckled.

"Acha tha ye." She said with a serious expression, and Abid nodded accepting the compliment. She could see why Haseena found her father and herself similar.

Karishma got up getting down the bed her steps slightly wobbly but ahe seemed in control.

"If you'll excuse me sir mujhe aapki beti ke peeche bhaagna hai."

...
The next update will be based on the response to this chapter 😏

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6K 684 20
Warning: Read this story at your own risk as this story contains some violence and mature parts. "Ruko kahan ja rahi ho" A girl said while pointing g...
18.1K 2.9K 14
'Haseena Mallik' was a name which everyone in lucknow knew. Most eligible Bachelorette and The SHO of Mahila Police Thana at Janpad, Lucknow and also...
5.3K 680 12
Haseena and Karishma are step sisters.Haseena hates Karishma because of her behaviour. Karishma claims that she hates Haseena but she cares for her.T...
68.6K 7.9K 44
PROLOGUE A twisted love story of KARISHMA SINGH and HASEENA MALIK which begins with the immense hatred in their hearts for each other. Both of them...