HARIHARESHWARI 15 : Namami Br...

By Captain_Sham

Amarsri is spellbound, Srinav is mesmerized. The gods and goddesses are charmed, while the humans are bewitch... More

AESTHETICS
PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
CHAPTER 62
CHAPTER 63
CHAPTER 64
CHAPTER 65
CHAPTER 66
CHAPTER 67
CHAPTER 68
CHAPTER 69
CHAPTER 70
CHAPTER 71
CHAPTER 72
CHAPTER 73
CHAPTER 74
CHAPTER 75
CHAPTER 76
CHAPTER 77
CHAPTER 78
CHAPTER 80
CHAPTER 81
CHAPTER 82
CHAPTER 83
CHAPTER 84
CHAPTER 85
CHAPTER 86
CHAPTER 87
CHAPTER 88
CHAPTER 89
CHAPTER 90
CHAPTER 91
CHAPTER 92
CHAPTER 93
CHAPTER 94
CHAPTER 95
CHAPTER 96
CHAPTER 97
CHAPTER 98
CHAPTER 99
CHAPTER 100
CHAPTER 101
CHAPTER 102
CHAPTER 103
CHAPTER 104
CHAPTER 105
CHAPTER 106
CHAPTER 107
THE END

CHAPTER 79

163 22 40
By Captain_Sham

It was a cloudy morning in Vrindavan. Krishna and Balram gazed out at the village bustling with activity. The sky was painted with hues of grey, and the cool breeze carried the scent of impending rain. As they watched, they noticed that all the villagers seemed to be gathered near the sacred grove, where a yagna was being prepared.

The rhythmic chants of the priests filled the air, while colorful decorations adorned the area, creating a festive atmosphere. The Gopas of Braj had decided to observe the festival of Indra, to honour him, for he had showered abundant rain this season.

"Yeh Shakra ka tyohar kyu manaya jaa raha hai ?" Krishna inquired curiously.

An elder gopa replied, "Vats, Indra devtao ke Raja hai, 14 Loko ke rakshak hai. Woh megho ke swami hai, aur unke hi aagya se varsha hoti hai. Indra ke karan hi prithvi par jeevan sambhav hai, unke hi kripa se vanaspati ugti hai, kheto mei fasal ugti hai, jisse daridrata dur hoti hai. Jab Indra prasann hote hai, toh prithvi khil uthti hai, aur sansaar amritmayi ho jata hai. Aur iss varsh Indra ne varsha ka hum sabhi ko tript kiya hai. Iss liye unke prati apna abhaar vyakt karne hetu hum yeh yagya kar rahe hai."

Although Krishna knew about the powers of Indra, for he was the one who vested those in him, Nandlal, for the welfare of the Braj, said, "Manyavar, hum gopal hai. Humara poshan humari gaiya aur vano se hota hai. Kheti kisano ke liye hai, vyapaar udyogpatiyo ke liye. Uss hi tarah gau aur van, humare liye sarvoch hai. Yadi vyakti fal ek se le, kintu gun-gaan kisi dusre ka kare, toh uska durbhagya dugna ho jata hai, iss lok mei aur parlok mei."

The words of Krishna, had attracted a bunch of listeners, men and women, old and young alike got drawn to him, and listened to what he was saying.

"Tum kehna kya chaahte ho ?" The elder gopa asked.

Krishna smiled, "Yahi, ki hume uska pujan karna chahiye jo humara poshan karte hai. Hum Gopalo aur gaiya ke liye parvat aur van jeevan ka adhaar hai. Iss liye, hume Giriyagna karna chahiye. Hume Govardhan ki puja karni chahiye, na ki Indra ki."

Hearing his words which were like divine nectar, the Gopas were delighted, "Krishna tum param-gyaani ho. Tumse bada humara hiteshi koi nahi. Hum awashya Giriyagna karenge."

Unanimously agreeing to Krishna's proposal, the cowherd folks immediately left the yagna of Indra halfway and began preparations for Giriyagna. The cows were decorated with autumn flowers, they were milked in herd and arrangements were made for circumambulation of Govardhan. Offerings of food, flowers, and sacrificial animals were prepared.

With Nand at their forefront, the Gopas commenced the sacrifice by placing kindling on the fire. With brahmanas, the gopas performed the sacrifice near the Govardhan mountain. The sound of mantras and hymns echoed through the lush green surroundings of Vrindavan. The atmosphere was charged with devotion and reverence as the Gopas made offerings to the sacred fire, seeking blessings for prosperity and protection.

Hearing the news of Giriyagna, the people of Barsana also came to joing the festivities, so did Radha with her parents and friends.

Krishna used his Maya, and manifested himself in Govardhan, and as the mountain, he said to the Gopas, "Mai tum sabse prasann hu."

The gopas were astounded at the sight of the divinity astride the supreme mountain. Everyone bowed down to Govardhan and worshiped him. It was ironic how Krishna was bowing down to himself and worshiping himself only.

The Gopas said, "Prabhu, hum aapke sevak hai. Batayiye, aapki kya sewa kare ?"

"Yadi tum sab, sacche hridaye se meri Puja karoge, aradhna karoge, toh mai tumhare prati mangalmaye rahunga, aur tumhari sabhi manokamnaye purn karunga." Govardhan replied.

As a token of worship, the innumerable herds of cows and thousands of bulls
circumambulated the supreme mountain. Milk-yielding cows and calves were adorned with garlands and anklets. There were hundreds and thousands of cattle with garlands on their horns. They were followed by a thick crowd of cowherds, smeared with unguents on their limbs and attired in red, yellow and white garments.

However in Swarglok, Indra was filled with anger and indignation. The thunder rumbled ominously outside the heavenly court, echoing the rage that burned within his heart. The Gopas had stopped his yagna midway, not even bothering to finish it properly first.

In a booming voice that reverberated throughout the heavens, Indra commanded, "Samvartak Megh ! Yadi mujhe prasann karna chaahte ho toh mere prati apni nishtha dikhao ! Damodar ke baato mei aa Nand aur anya Gop-jano ne mera yagna bich mei chhod uska apmaan kiya hai ! Gopalo ka jeevan unki gaae hai, aisi varsha karo ki unka naash ho jaaye !"

Indra's rage knew no bounds as he saw the act of Gopas as a direct challenge to his authority and a grave disrespect to his divine power. The heavens themselves seemed to tremble at the force of his fury, and dark clouds gathered ominously overhead, ready to unleash their wrath upon the earth.

"Mai vajra ke samaan varsha se inn sabhi ka annt kardunga !" He proclaimed.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

In Harivamsha, Krishna doesn't stop Indra's yagya to break his ego or something, infact he does this because -

He's basically saying worship that which gives you sustenance, and for Gopas it's Govardhan parvat.

And Indra on the other hand is not angry because they chose to worship Govardhan, but because his sacrifice was stopped midway and not finished.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.5K 738 16
"I'm missing half of me, when we're apart. Now you know me, for your eyes only," Life is unpredictable. You never know what is going to happen to you...
5.4K 808 49
A collection of poems for Krishna as well as writing about my feelings and thoughts, my experiences and memories.
3.5K 230 29
There was no one as beautifully carved and aristocratic yet gentle and sophisticated as Bhaishmaki Shree Rukmini in the whole world ,in the Dwapar y...
116K 5.9K 89
π–€“β”ŠπŠπ‘πˆπ’π‡π€π•π˜π€π˜π€πŒ ⋆ ━━━━━━ 𝒐𝒇 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 π’˜π’‚π’“. ❛ . . . and she wonders if it's serenity that she craves, or savagery ? ❜ As the Ku...