CHAPTER 73

"Ab batao, Krishna. Kaun hai Vidyashree ke vastavik Pita ?" Subala asked.

Krishna smiled, "Tapodhan Nar." He said.

The wind carried his words far and wide, reaching the distant corners of the universe. Celestial beings, gods, and goddesses, all paused in their celestial abodes to listen to the divine narrative unfolding in the simple setting of Vrindavan.

"Bhagwaan Nar ?!" Madhumangal asked.

Krishna nodded, "Ha wahi."

"Woh Vidyashree ke pita kaise ho sakte hai ? Puri kahani sunao Krishna !" Subala said.

"Uchit hai." Krishna smiled and began narrating, "Maharaj Gyansagar aur Maharani Brahmvani ko pehle se hi pata tha ki unki santaan divya hogi. Parantu jyotisho aur saadhuo ke dwara ki gayi iss bhavishyavaani ko woh sarthak kaise kare, yeh unke samaksh ek vikat samasya thi."

-- FLASHBACK --

King Gyansagar of Kashmirpur was getting desperate for a daughter who could bring immense glory to his name and kingdom. Early in his life, he had been told by the astrologers that he will definitely obtain a daughter who would be a goddess-incarnate, however the path would be tough.

Now when the king had finally gotten married to the most knowledgeable woman in the land, Brahmvani, he told her about the certain future and together they had consulted every sage and seer in the land, eager to obtain the daughter that was prophesied to be born through her.

Each wise man and woman had pointed him towards the twin sages, Nar and Narayan, who lived in seclusion atop Gandmadaan mountain. They assured Gyansagar that only these mystical hermits held the key to make their destiny come true.

Gyansagar set out on a journey to find the twin sages, and he insisted that none should follow him. He wished to present himself as a yachak and not as a king with royal luxuries. He was going to ask them for something after all.

He hiked up the winding, rocky trails of Gandmadaan, the sun beating down as sweat dripped into his eyes. After days of climbing, the air grew thin and cold. Still he persevered, determined to find Nar and Narayan. The king's robes became tattered, his feet blistered and sore. At long last, he reached the misty peak where the sages were said to meditate. There, amidst the clouds sat two four-armed, ancient, bearded men with long matted hair - the legendary twins.

"Bhagwaan Nar-Narayan !" Gyansagar fell at their feet, offering a deep bow he said, "Meri sahayata kijiye, prabhu."

The godly sages peered at him with wisdom in their eyes.

"Utho vats." Rishi Narayan said as he made him rise, "Kaho, kaun ho tum ? Aur yaha kyu aaye ho ?"

Gyansagar, with joined hands pleaded, "Bhagwan, mai Kashyap ke Kashmirpur ka Raja hu. Janm se Brahman hu, parantu karm se kshatriya. Prabhu, yaha mai apni iccha-purti hetu aaya hu. Aisa kehte hai ki aap dono ki shakti ne sansaar ko jod ke rakha hai, kripiya mujh par apni kripa drishti daaliye."

Narayan smiled knowingly, but still asked, "Batao, kaunsi iccha itni prabal hai jisne ek Raja ki yeh dasha kar di ?"

"Santaan-ratna ki iccha." Gyansagar said, "Jyotisho ka kehna hai ki meri kanya, swayam ek Devi hogi. Kintu manushya hone ke karan, mujhe pata hai ki Devi ka janm mere dwara sambhav nahi hoga. Manushya hone ke karan, mujhme woh kshamta nahi. Iss liye mere rajya ke gyaaniyo ne kaha hai ki aapke paas aayu."

Narayan gazed upon his fellow four-armed twin, a subtle smile playing on his lips. It was time to do what Brahma had asked them to. In response, Nar began to demonstrate his powers - with one hand, he summoned gusts of wind that swirled dried leaves into a cyclone before him. At the same time, flames erupt from his other hand, dancing upon his fingertips.

Chanting rhythmic mantras, he directed the fire to the leaves, igniting them in a fiery swirl. Then, Nar picked up a stick with his third hand and made a small cut on the palm of the fourth, allowing scarlet droplets to spill onto the fiery leaves. Before Gyansagar's awestruck eyes, the blood and fire intertwined and manifested into a luscious red fruit.

"Rajan," Nar picked up the fruit and looked at the king, "Yeh fal apni patni ko purnima ke din dena. Ise grahan karne ke baad woh garbh-dharan kar legi. Aur fir tumhe aisi putri praapt hogi jo prithvi par gyaan ke deepak ko punah prakashit karde. Jo swayam ek Devi hogi." He said offering him the fruit.

Overwhelmed with gratitude, Gyansagar, extended his hands to accept the fruit of his destiny, however a sudden thought crossed his mind, making him hesitate.

"Kya huya Rajan ?" Nar asked.

Gyansagar looked at him nervously, and said, "Prabhu, woh kanya ke tan mei rakt toh aapka bahega. Putri toh woh aapki hogi. Fir.... Fir uske karmo ke Yash aur kirti, toh aapko praapt ho jaayega."

Narayan raised his brows, however Nar kept a hand over his brother's knees, stopping him from saying anything to the king.

With a smile, Nar said, "Yadi yahi tumhari chinta hai toh iska samadhan bhi mai kar deta hu. Yeh sansaar lambe samaye tak iss satya se vanchit rahega ki tumhari putri ka vastavik Pita kaun hai. Uss kanya ko paalne ka punya, yash aur kirti, sab tumhe hi praapt hoga."

Saying so he handed the red fruit to the Gyansagar, who offered them both a last deep bow before heading back to his kingdom.

-- FLASHBACK OVER --

"Oh." The cowherd boys were amazed, but more than them was the entire universe who came to know about this truth after lakhs of years.

Krishna smiled, "Toh yeh hai purn satya. Jo unn Brahmano ko gyaat hota yadi woh vastavik mei trikal-darshi hote."

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

The actual truth has been revealed after long 🌝✅

There was a reason, why the begining of HH9 was quite vague and felt rushed. 🌝