CHAPTER 63

The dappled sunlight filtering through the Vrindavan grove cast playful shadows on the joyous faces of the children. Krishna's cowherd friends welcomed Amarsri and Srinav with open arms, unaware of their divine nature.

The children discussed what game to play, the boys grew hesitant. They often played rough, energetic games but with Amarsri there, a sweet young girl, quite delicate looking, they felt they should choose something more gentle. But they were confused, for a girl had never come to play with them.

"Chalo chhupan-chhupai khele." Krishna suggested, sensing their uncertainty.

The children eagerly agreed, thrilled to have their new friends join in the fun. Even Amarsri and Srinav were intrigued by the idea.

With a smile, Krishna declared, "Uchit hai. Tum sab log chhup jaao, fir mai aur Balram dhundhne aayenge."

The brothers turned around, closing their eyes with their palms as they began counting. The children scattered away, hiding in bushes, rocks, and behind tree trunks.

One by one, the boys vanished into their chosen hiding spots, a mixture of excitement and trepidation coursing through them. Amarsri, watching them disappear with wide eyes, realized she wasn't familiar with the grove's secret nooks and crannies.

Just as she began to fluster, Srinav grasped her hand, his eyes twinkling with amusement. Without a word, he began pulling her towards a nearby tree, its branches sprawling outwards like a protective canopy. Amarsri, trusting and curious, followed his lead.

Srinav swiftly climbed up a thick branch, then helped Amarsri up onto a sturdy limb that comfortably held their weight. Nestled among the rustling leaves, hidden in plain sight, they couldn't help but grin. It was the perfect spot for them.

Suddenly, Krishna and Balram's voices boomed, "Hum aa rahe hai !"

Their search began. Krishna's laughter echoed as he darted towards a cluster of rocks. With a triumphant yell, he emerged, dragging a shrieking Madhumangal and Sridama out by their ankles.

Meanwhile, Balram stalked towards a bushy area. Spotting movement, he dove in, arms outstretched. With a victorious shout, he emerged, holding Subala and Bhadrasen aloft, leaves clinging to their heads as they giggled wildly.

The grove reverberated with the sounds of joyous shouts and laughter as the game unfolded. Krishna and Balram skillfully sought out each of their friends one by one, their success met with cheers and playful banter.

Amidst the swaying leaves of the tree, Amarsri and Srinav observed the lively scene below. As Krishna and Balram uncovered their friends with remarkable ease, the air filled with laughter and playful protests.

Amarsri couldn't contain a muffled giggle behind her hand, while Srinav, leaning in beside her, whispered, "Lagta hai ki keval hum dono hi bache hai." His voice held a hint of amusement.

Suddenly, a sharp yelp pierced the air. Amarsri let out a startled shriek as Srinav tumbled to the ground with a surprised shout, courtesy of Balram pulling his leg. The son of Rohini burst into laughter seeing his surprised face. The other boys though stunned for a moment, joined in the laughter.

Srinav shot a glare towards Balram. He quickly got on his feet, and ran his fingers through his hair, feigning composure. He straightened his resplendent garments with huff.

Meanwhile, Krishna, his laughter fading into gentle chuckles, turned towards the tree. Unlike the others, who were pulled out unceremoniously, Krishna extended his hand to help Amarsri down, his eyes filled with affection.

The cowherd boys looked at each other. Krishna, who just moments before had displayed no reservations about using his strength to pull them out by their ankles and some even by their hair, was treating Amarsri with utmost gentleness.

A little far away, from the fringes of the grove, Pralambasur watched all of them keenly. He narrowed his eyes at Krishna, whom he had recognised as the kaal of Kamsa due to his outworldly aura. Frustration coiled within the Asur for he had been observing Krishna's interactions and games but wasn't able to figure out his weakness.

"Lagta hai vesh badal ke iski durbalta dhundhni padegi." Pralambasur muttered to himself.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Krishna with the boys - *dragging them roughly by their legs and hair* (⁠ ⁠ꈍ⁠ᴗ⁠ꈍ⁠)

Krishna with Amarsri - Aja mera baccha (⁠つ⁠≧⁠▽⁠≦⁠)⁠つ

🤣🤣🤣🤣