CHAPTER 53

Indra and Srinav, soared across the sky on their divine vahans. The basket in the latter's arms, filled to the brim with the rare and delicious Taalfal fruits, had it's sweet fragrance wafting through the air. As they flew, the gods laughed and chatted, enjoying each other's company and the peaceful beauty of the sky. But suddenly, a few of the Taalfal fruits slipped from the basket and tumbled down towards the Vrindavan below.

The little cowherd boys who were playing in the fields, heard the sound of something falling from above. They turned and saw juicy fruits lying on the ground. Curious and excited, the boys rushed towards the fallen fruits, picking them up and examining them closely. Without hesitation, they picked up the fruits and took a bite, their faces lighting up with delight at the sweet and juicy flavor.

"Yeh toh Taalfal hai !" Madhumangal said excitedly as he took a bite and savoured the flavour.

Subala said, "Parantu yeh fal yaha kaise aaye ? Yeh toh keval taalvan mei ugte hai, jaha woh bhayavaye Dhenukasur rehta hai."

"Pata nahi kaise aaye. Parantu yeh hai atyant swadisht." Sridama said with a mouth stuffed with Taalfal.

Excited by the unexpected treat, the boys eagerly devoured the fallen fruits, their laughter filling the air with joy.

"Kitne dino se taalfal ki sugandh hume dur se hi mohit kar rahi thi, aur ab hume mil bhi gaye." Vijayaksh said.

Mansukha said, "Mujhe aur chahiye."

"Mujhe bhi !" Madhumangal said.

All the boys wanted more but were afraid to venture into the Taalvan due to the fear of Dhenukasur, who terrorized and devoured anyone who dared to enter his domain.

Sridama said, "Krishna aur Dau se kehte hai ! Woh dono awashya humari iccha purn karega !"

"Satyachan !" The rest of them smiled.

The boys rushed to the banks of Yamuna, where Krishna and Balram were tending to their cows, since now they were old enough to take them for grazing. The brothers saw their friends approaching, their faces filled with excitement.

"Krishna ! Krishna ! Humari ek iccha hai, use purn karoge ?" Subala asked.

Krishna chuckled, "Kaisi iccha ?"

Madhumangal said, "Taalvan se taalfalo ki sugandh hume mohit kar rahi hai. Na jaane kaha se kuch taalfal hume mile, aur humne uska sevan kiya. Ab hume aur chahiye."

"Ha Krishna, hume aur Taalfal khaane hai. Parantu hume Dhenukasur ka bhaye hai." Mansukh said.

Sridama requested, "Dau, woh atyant mithe aur raseele fal the. Parantu uss Dhenuka ke karan hum taalvan mei pravesh bhi nahi sakte."

The boys requested and begged them, and Krishna, like an indulgent mother, couldn't say no to them. With a laugh, he agreed.

"Chalo, taalvan chalte hai." Krishna said and looked at Balram who was already chuckling at the innocence of their friends.

Both the brothers, dressed in resplendent garments and flower garlands, led the way and behind them their cowherd friends followed. The strong fragrance of Taalfal brought by the eastern winds luring them more and more towards the Taalvan. On their way, the flowering trees dropped their flowers on their path, offering its respect.

Once they reached the Taalvan, they all looked around in wonder, admiring the tall trees with juicy fruits on top of them. They were far out of their reach, however they had Balram with them. Samkarshan went over to the trees and with the sheer strength of his arms which was like the strength of maddened elephants, he shook the Taalvriksh vigorously, causing the ripe fruit to come tumbling down to the ground.

The children gasped in amazement and joy as the sweet-smelling palm fruits landed at their feet. They quickly gathered around, picking up the fruits and biting into them with delight. The juice dripped down their chins, and their faces broke into wide smiles of pure bliss. Krishna and Balram looked on with satisfaction, their eyes sparkling with contentment seeing the delighted faces of their friend.

The sound of the falling fruit echoed through the grove, drawing the attention of Dhenukasur, who became extremely angry, for he was already humiliated once with defeat earlier today. Enraged at the thought of someone stealing his precious fruit, Dhenukasur stormed towards the grove, his eyes blazing with anger.

The children, unaware of the danger approaching, continued to enjoy the fruits, until suddenly they heard a loud roar and turned to see Dhenukasur standing before Balram, his massive form blocking out the sun. He rushed forward and struck Balram's chest with the hooves of his hind legs, causing him to take a few steps back. The other children gasped in fear as they watched their friend being attacked by the powerful Asur.

Dhenukasur began to run about, braying loudly and horribly. Moving again towards Balram, the furious daitya situated himself with his back towards the incarnation of Sheshnaag and screaming with rage he hurled his two hind legs at him again but this time Balram seized Dhenuka by the hooves, whirled him about with one hand and threw him on top of the tall tree. The violent wheeling motion killed the daitya.

When the body of the dead Dhenukasur was thrown on top of the tallest Taalvriksh, the tree began shaking, causing the trees next to it to shake as well and strike against one another. The trees then broke with great crashing sound.

"Balram Vijay huya !" The friends cheered.

Krishna smiled as he went near his brother and kept a hand over his shoulders, "Ab Balram se balshaali kaun ho sakta hai ? Dau ke liye toh yeh ek khel tha."

But suddenly the ground began to shake beneath them, as other donkey-formed daityas, close friends of Dhenukasur, came there. Their eyes were red with rage as they saw Dhenuka's dead body.

The cowherd boys looked at them with wide eyes, "Arrey nahi..."

"Lagta hai thoda aur khelna padega." Balram said looking at the daityas with a raised brow.

The donkey-like Asuras immediately ran towards the brothers and charged at them. However Krishna and Balram easily seized them one after another by their hind legs and threw them all into the tops of the taalvrikshas, making them meet the same fate as Dhenuka. The earth appeared oddly beautiful covered in the heaps of fruits and the dead bodies of those daityas, that appeared like dark clouds.

The residents from heavens became astonished and ecstatic in the way Krishna and Balram dealt with these asuras in such a nonchalant way. They showered flowers at the brothers, honouring them.

The children cheered and clapped for Krishna and Balram, as they all enjoyed the taalfal together.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Balram ji se panga nahi lene ka 😎

And let me just.... *cuts Dhenukasur's name from the list*.... That's better.... Only three more Asuras are left to kill, lekin woh fursat se marenge, no hurry 🌝

Also can we appreciate the fact that Krishna Balram and their cowherd friends are now old enough to take cows for grazing 😍🙏✨

And now that Krishna is older, let's start with Sringaar Ras of Brajdhaam 😍✨✨