The 0th Corps Commander Becam...

By PopeOfDeonism

While resting in his room at the Demon Kings castle Deon passes out and regains memories of a certain red hai... More

Chapter 1 - Cale? It's Deon now!
Chapter 2 - Rest properly
Chapter 3 - Corps Commander Meeting
Chapter 4 - Fire of Destruction
Chapter 5 - Zeroth Corps Commander
Chapter 6 - A human?
Chapter 7 - Hero V.S. Villain
Chapter 8 - Confrontation
Chapter 9 - Deon's dress up day
Chapter 10 - Banquet after Banquet
Chapter 11 - I am home
Chapter 12 - Butterfly fiasco
Chapter 13 - Neutrality of Death
Chapter 14 - Quelling down a burning
Chapter 15 - Obsession after obsession
Chapter 16 - Cruel is very cruel
Chapter 17 - Daunting Memories
Chapter 18 - Oracles Revelation
Chapter 19 - An Unexpected Predicament
Chapter 20 - Blurry Destiny
Chapter 21 - Operation: Actors of Acting
Chapter 22 - Demon Arut's return
Chapter 23 - A slight change in the persona
Chapter 24 - A child?
Side Chapter: An older brother's perspective
Chapter 25 - All To Which Will Happen Eventually
Chapter 26 - You Lonely Child
Chapter 27 - Little Red Riding Hood, Don't die
Chapter 28 - Emergency
Chapter 29 - Friendly Threat
Chapter 30 - A Changed Outcome
Chapter 31 - Me or Him?
Chapter 33 - Disturbances
Chapter 34 - Unforseen action
Chapter 35 - Power of Death!
Chapter 36 - The Coming of a War Against a Disaster
Chapter 37 - Changing Fate
Chapter 38 - A Better Life
Chapter 39 - Healing
Chapter 40 - Magic Regeneration?
Chapter 41 - Hyung-nim!
Chapter 42 - The Ending
Chapter 43 - Sneaky Child
Chapter 44 - A Wild Day Out
Chapter 45 - Blood Samples
Chapter 46 - Negotiation Gone Wrong
Chapter 47 - Threatening Negotiation
Chapter 48 - Collecting World Errors!
Chapter 49 - Improvement

Chapter 32 - Family Bonding

1.4K 107 42
By PopeOfDeonism

Previously...

Deon clenched his fist until it bled. He didn't even care as he walked past Ed with an angry expression. Ed who saw this was concerned, specifically for his wellbeing. Though he couldn't say anything as he walked into the Demon King's office after Deon had left.

***

Deon made his way back to his room, he could see Hana on the floor drawing something who immediately ran up to him the moment she realized he was back.

"Mama!"

"Hana."

He gave Hana a pat on the head as she continued to hug him. And with just a hug, Deon was able to calm down a bit. He then sat on the ground, watching Hana draw whatever it was and could see two people. It looked to be both him and Hana together.

'This is... actually adorable. Since when was it that I had an actual normal kid who did normal kid things?'

The kids he raised the past fucking locked him up if that said anything about the kids he raised himself. He didn't even expect kids to be able to do that but look at him, now in his next and most likely last life as well.

"Hana, what did you do while I was gone?"

"I made Mister Demon King go on a walk with me!"

Deon choked on his spit when he heard Hana's response. Did she actually force the Demon King to go on a walk with her, she won't go on and self proclaim the Demon King as her dad next, right? He could also notice that she had various of new clothes as she was now dressed like a noble's child.

(Deon my dear you just jinxed that)

'Did Devilania do this?'

He looked at Hana's outfit. It really resembled his uniform but it was more frilly and cute, definitely fit for a child. The dress was obviously black with red lining on the sleeves and skirts to represent his uniform, though the end of the skirt and sleeves had tons of ruffles and frills that were also on the collar of her shirt. Lastly, she had black platforms to go with his black boots he'd tend to wear in the demonic realm.

And the red eyes didn't help with anything at all, if anyone looked at them they'd immediately think that they were a father and daughter matching, well if he was wearing his Corps Commander uniform it would. But sadly he didn't even change out of his outfit from the human realm yet.

Honestly, it was quite cute he will admit. He never got to match with any of the kids he looked after for, so this would be his first time doing so.

'I'm craving food but there's not really anyone I can call.'

Deon sighed as he got up, the kitchen was so far away. He didn't really wanna walk all the way there and Ed still wasn't here which led him with no choice but to go to the kitchen himself. And of course Hanna followed him right behind him.

He walked to the kitchen as Hana held onto his cape, the demon servants walking by watched this with anticipation and cooed at the cuteness of the father(mother) and daughter duo. It was a refreshing sight for some the demons here since most Corps Commanders and demons here were violent.

"Wait outside, I'll be right back."

"Okay!"

Deon walked inside the kitchen with Hana waiting from the outside, he looked back to make sure if she was okay before entering. When he entered the kitchen, he could notice the chefs stiffening up which he didn't understand why they were, he wasn't hitting them so what's their problem?

"S-sir Arut! What brings you here?"

"...I just came to get food for Hana."

The head chef who was talking to Deon stiffened up even more. The chef felt he wasn't doing his job well when Deon had to walk all the way to the kitchen to-ask him for food. Of course, the only reason why he came was because he just arrived in the Demonic Realm.

"Y-yes, here you go!"

"...Thanks?"

Deon took the plate of sweets and walked out. The moment he walked out, he felt like dropping the plate of food.

"What do you think you're doing?"

He looked at the two demons then at Hana who was on the ground. Deon could tell what was going on here just by the scene in front of him. With just a glare, the two young demons in front of Hana stiffened up and ran away.

Deon lifted up Hana using the Sound of the Wind and walked off as if nothing had happened. The demons nearby watched this with shaking eyes as he walked past them with Hana in the air supported by his ancient powers.

By the time they reached the room, he placed Hana down and opened the door with his free hand and let Hana enter first before going in himself.

"Mama! What was that? It's not magic like what I've seen before."

"What I used are ancient powers, they are natural powers left behind by people in the ancient world."

Deon explained what ancient powers were and which ones he had to Hana who listened attentively. He showcased his ancient powers to a small extent for Hana to see. Hana was intrigued by the similarities but differences of ancient powers and tried to imitate Deon.

"Don't use your magic, you won't be able to replenish it."

"It's okay, I have a lot of magic! Miss Riri said I almost have as much as her!"

That was the first time Deon felt like fainting. She almost has as much magic as Ririnell? Just who was even her father? No wait, how does she have a father in the first place, it should be impossible for the demon race to have children as they were all made from the Demon King's magic.

"Are you half vampire?"

"Yes, Hana is half vampire! Did mama forget?"

Deon patted the girl's head. Yeah, he never knew that was even possible now he was wondering if the Demon King knew she was half vampire. Was this also the reason why she though he was her mom, if what she says is true that mean the father was a vampire and her mother was a human.

"I was just joking, can you forgive your mom?"

"Fine, only because it's mama!"

'Are you implying that if I was wasn't your mom then you wouldn't forgive me?'

He stared at Hana who just looked at him with an innocent face. She gave a happy giggle as she hugged Deon again. Maybe he was just overthinking things, right?

"I want to go outside!"

"Already?"

"No! I haven't been able to go out this whole week!"

"Okay, okay, we'll go after I get changed."

(Hana in her spoiled era)

Hana's eyes lit up as she ran out first before Deon could even get up. He wondered where kids could even get that much energy? Well, it wasn't that bad kids do need to go outside and play, after all, they're still children.

***

"Oh! What is that?"

"That's cotton candy, it's a soft candy that feels and is shaped like a cloud. Do you want one?"

"Yes I want one!"

Deon took a stick of cotton candy and handed it over to Hana who ate it immediately. He did wonder why the person handed it over to him so quickly but brushed off that thought. He felt like if he decided to delve into it more he would regret it. And he was right, that demon was apart of the Demonism Cult that was ran by Ririnell.

"Sir Arut! Would you like to try this game?"

"..A game?"

"Y-yes! You just need to shoot the apple in the middle and make it fall into this body of water with this bow."

Deon picked up the bow and arrow then looked at the target while the vendor stood in place shaking, they didn't expect him to actually come over.

'Let's see... a bow and arrow is akin to a gun. Though with arrows you need a little bit more precision than guns, so this should be easy to use.. I hope it is at least.'

He position the bow and arrow to how he remembered how people used them in events and how he used guns. Aiming at the apple with extreme precision, Deon shot the apple right in the middle. Archery was seriously a competitive sport.

"He got it right in the middle..."

"Doesn't that mean he can perfectly aim in vital points easily?"

"As expected of the Zeroth Corps Commander... to do it in his first try."

The demons watching the scene whispered among another. Hana hearing this smiled proudly, her mama was the best! No one could beat her mama!

'It still didn't fall though...'

Thwack!

Deon hit the middle and pierced the other arrow, yet it still didn't fall. He was starting to get irritated as he kept shooting, the apple just wouldn't fall!

All he could wonder was one thing, why the hell would the apple not fall?!

This time, Deon covered the tip of the arrow with a thin layer of the Super Rock and shot the apple for the nth time. It finally fell after so many attempts, was his grip just too weak that even an apple couldn't fall?

"Hoh, you seem to be having fun here."

"Your majesty."

"Mister Demon King!"

"Ah, you're here too Hana."

Deon raised his brow at the word too, did the Demon King and Hana really get along with each other over time? No way, she would have told him right? Should he even care, he'll have to run away sooner or later and possibly have to leave Hana behind.

(And you know you are NOT gonna do that 😅😅)

"Since when did you two get along? Last time I check you two didn't even know each other?"

"Am I suddenly not allowed to? She runs up to me in the first place. Ah never mind that, follow me real quick."

Caver took Deon's and Hana's hand and teleported away. The remaining demons left processed what just happened, did the Zeroth Corps Commander seriously argue back with the Demon King himself, moreover than that, over a child?

(They were just fighting over child custody leave them alone /j)

The moment he could feel the air in the area change, Deon opened his eyes to the world tree right in front of his eyes. It's been a long time since he was able to see the world tree. He also had to admit that the world tree tried their best to keep him alive.

Sharing your vitality to a human who was far away from your location was quite tough. He could only guess that it was most likely because of the link he now had to the world tree after he stabbed himself with it.

"How is it? Doesn't it look beautiful even though we're in the middle of no where? Sadly it is unlike the elves that live here."

"What crazy nonsense are you talking about now?"

The Elf King walked towards the group that had just arrived. He had been waiting for them, especially for Deon. The world tree was always excited or sad whenever they brought him up, it was as if they knew who he was. Nature also seemed to go according to the white-head's wishes, though nature couldn't be controlled he could see the nature bending around him.

"Moreover, this human. The world tree wants to talk with him. They also asked you not to use that power..."

'Huh, He must be talking about the Fire of Destruction?'

Deon recalled how the world tree always freaked out whenever he came to visit or to talk to them. He couldn't believe they were still scared even after two years despite him not using it to threaten them, at least not anymore.

He looked at the Demon King who gave him a nod and made his way to the world tree. It seemed that it was much stronger and safer in this world seeing how it looked even more divine and ethereal than it did in the Nameless One.

Deon ignored the elves and fairies staring at him in interest and shining eyes as he placed his palm onto the world tree and closed his eyes

"Ah, we finally meet again Cale. No, it should be Deon now right? And don't worry you can talk to me with your mind."

'Yes, It has been one hell of a life for me. I can't believe I had to jump dimensions three times.'

"You've been suffering for long my child. But fear not, I can tell this world will make you safest and happiest than all of the other worlds that you've been in."

A trunk from the world tree swayed as the leaves fell onto Deon's head as if they were comforting him before a trunk fell down to ground, thankfully it wasn't numerous amounts of them like last time in the Nameless One.

The elves and fairies looked at this with even more curiosity, the world tree has never talked for this long with anyone and certainly hasn't risked a branch falling down for anyone either, moreover that someone was also human.

"It looks like my time is up. I'll see you next time we meet."

The tree branches immediately stopped swaying the moment Deon took his palm off of the tree. He turned back to see Hana right behind him while the elves and fairies were fighting off demonic monsters.

Bang!

Suddenly something clashed with the demonic monsters which instantly knocked them out. The Elf and Demon King immediately steadied up their magic and weapons, preparing themselves for whatever was coming at them.

***

If you're wondering yes I am free from that hospital now! That's only if you read my other ff then you'd know since I only said it there (I'm fine I think) 🥳🥳🥳

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.3K 1.2K 11
Where is Cale Henituse, previously known as Kim Rok Soo, is threatened by the Gods to tell his people the truth about his whole existence and so... H...
5.4K 261 7
Collections of Oneshots and special chapters [from my other book] 1. [The Green Dragon's Diary] -Cale Henituse never trusts his gut feelings. Be...
18.7K 1.4K 18
Cale henituse did 'not' survived after using instant. Time is morphed and crumbled after Cale used the said power, to prevent the chaos erupting, th...
70.5K 4K 29
After getting rid of white star and having a wounded body, our dear commander gets sent to another universe to 'rest' by God of Death'. "Yeah, I don'...