Love Bites

By Nerdy__Turtle

Mixed platter of short romance stories that will hopefully bring a smile on your face! More

Introduction & Table of Contents
*Ineffable Bonds!*
Ineffable Bonds (1)
Ineffable Bonds (2)
Ineffable Bonds (3)
Ineffable Bonds (4)
*Perfect Peace!*
Perfect Peace (1)
Perfect Peace (2)
Perfect Peace (3)
Perfect Peace (4)
Perfect Peace (5)
*Sweet Heaven!*
Sweet Heaven (1)
Sweet Heaven (2)
Sweet Heaven (3)
Sweet Heaven (4)
*Confession Letters!*
Confession Letters (1)
Confession Letters (2)
Confession Letters (3)
Confession Letters (4)
Confession Letters (5)
*When Life Happens!*
When Life Happens (1)
When Life Happens (2)
When Life Happens (3)
When Life Happens (4)
When Life Happens (5)
When Life Happens (6)
Review
*Unexpected Serendipity!*
Unexpected Serendipity (1)
Unexpected Serendipity (2)
Unexpected Serendipity (4)
Unexpected Serendipity (5)
Unexpected Serendipity (6)
*To Be With You!*
To Be With You (1)
To Be With You (2)
To Be With You (3)
To Be With You (4)
To Be With You (5)
To Be With You (6)
To Be With You (7)
To Be With You (8)
To Be With You (9)
To Be With You (10)
To Be With You (11)
To Be With You (12)
To Be With You (13)
To Be With You (14)
To Be With You (15)
To Be With You (Epilogue)

Unexpected Serendipity (3)

252 40 5
By Nerdy__Turtle

 Avni was finally done with all her classes at the very first day of the start of the course. The day had turned out to be actually good. She had found Neil ready for his office when she came out of her room. They had their breakfast together & Neil had even prepared a lunch box for her. How early did he even wake up? He had even dropped her to the Institute even when Avni told him that she would book a cab. Her cheeks had heated up when he had wished her luck for the first day. 

At the moment, she was just stepping out of the premises of the Institute when she saw Neil's car there. Confused, she walked up to it & knocked on the passenger window as she knew he'd be sitting there. 

N - How was your day? All good? - he asked as he got off the car. 

A - It was good. - she smiled as her cheeks started heating up again. 

N - That's nice! - he smiled back. C'mon, sit. Let's go home! - he turned to open the door for her. 

A - Uh, Neil. - she held his arm before he could open the door. 

N - Yes? What happened, Avni? Do you need anything? - he asked. 

A - Uh, No! I just, could you please show me the route of public transport. I want to travel like the locals. Gaadi mein raste smjh nhi aate hain! Sab ek jaise hi lagte hain! - she spoke innocently making him smile. 

Avni watched Neil as he walked around the car & asked the driver to leave the car at home. Once the car was out of their sight, he slowly walked towards Avni as he led her towards the pavement. 

A - Thankyou! - she said as she fiddled with the straps of her bag while he walked next to her on the pavement.

Neil didn't say anything & they just walked in comfortable silence for a while till they reached the end of the lane. Neil told her to take a left turn from there as he told her about some of the landmarks that were there in the surrounding. They reached the metro station in about ten minutes & Neil helped Avni to get a metro card of her own. 

Just when they were about to start stepping down the staircase in order to reach the platform, the announcement of a metro was made. 

N - Ah, I guess, we'll just have to wait for twenty more minutes till the next one comes. - he said as he slowly stepped down the stairs.

A - What? But, I am hungry! Let's run & catch the train, no! C'mon! 

And before Neil could retort, she grabbed his hand as she started descending the stairs with Neil following her closely. The metro was already at the platform by the time they descended the stairs. 

N - Avni, we'll catch the next -

A - C'mon, Neil! Run!

She cut him midway as she ran towards the metro while still holding on to his hand. Shaking his head, he pushed through the crowd as both of them finally got on the train. 

Huffing, Neil led her inside the metro as he helped her grab hold of a pole nearby so that she could stand steadily & comfortably. He himself stood beside her as he held on to the pole just above where her hand was. 

N - God! You're mad! - he huffed. 

A - C'mon! That was fun! - she laughed while Neil just rolled his eyes trying his best to stifle a laugh! 

N - Listen, but you're not supposed to do this everyday, okay? These are rush hours, we might have fallen down because of all the ruckus going on around. - he almost scolded her like a child making her roll her eyes. 

A - Okay, Granny! - she spoke nonchalantly while he just shook his head in disbelief. 

A huge crowd got on the metro as it reached the next stop. Avni had almost lost her balance when someone pushed into her in order to grab the pole. Neil sighed as he saw a man trying to stable himself as he asked Avni to move a little. Neil asked Avni to step a little towards him while he himself stood behind her as he grabbed the handle that was dangling from the ceiling of the metro. Because of the crowd, Neil's chest was almost touching Avni's back as he stood behind her while she just shrank in her own position as she held on the pole tightly. There was so much of crowd in the train however, Avni could only feel Neil's body heat that radiated off him as he stood behind her. Her nostrils filled in his cologne as he accidently brushed his shoulder against hers. 

N - Avni, we've to get down at the next station. Hold my hand, okay? - he spoke from behind her & Avni could feel his breathe falling on her neck.  

She just managed to nod at him as she turned around to hold his hand. He led her towards the door as he held her hand firmly. Avni's hand felt small in his large ones as she intwined their fingers in a trance & a small smile spread on her lips. She looked up at Neil when he tugged their intwined hands & asked her to move forward. She looked down at her shoes as she shut her eyes in embarrassment &  stepped ahead a little. 

They got off the metro & ascended the escalator which was thankfully working at this particular station unlike the one they had climbed the metro from. Coming out of the station, Neil told her that she'd have to take an auto to reach the apartment. They sat in the auto & reached the apartment which was another ten minutes ride. Avni couldn't help but smile to herself as she stole glances at Neil during their ride. 

Reaching the apartment, he made coffee for both of them after freshening up. They drank the coffee as Avni explained each & every moment of her day in detail to him while he listened patiently. 

________________ 

A week had passed since Avni had started her classes. Neil had accompanied her to the institute in the morning & picked her up in the evening for three consecutive days. It was only when he was sure that she could travel on her own that he stopped escorting her. In the last week that passed by, they had grown quite comfortable &  habitual of each other as they spent most of the day together. The only time they were away from each other was when Neil was at office & Avni was at her classes. 

If someone asked Avni, she would have definitely said that she was having the best of times with Neil. She got to know him more closely, & got to experience the little things with him that she had just observed from afar all these years. She loved the way he held her hand whenever they were in some place crowded, and the way he listened to her being all ears when she told him about her day, and the way he used to pack her favourite food for her lunch box, and the way he tried to school her whenever she acted reckless but ended up laughing himself. She loved everything about him. She loved him! 

On the other hand, Neil actually looked forward to go back home after work, and this itself was something that was astonishing to him. He had never liked being home - all alone! It reminded him how lonely he actually was. But since the day Avni showed up, he could feel his apartment turning into home. Also, there were a few other things that he was feeling which were outright weird to say the least. Even when he was in office, he couldn't shake off the thought if she had reached her Institute safely & in time, if she had taken the correct metro, if she had eaten on time, if she was comfortable in his presence, if she was happy! He couldn't stop thinking about her! 

At the moment, Avni was watching TV while lying on the sofa as she waited for Neil to come back. He had informed her that he'd be a little late from work today. She had prepared daal-chawal for him and was now patiently waiting for him to return home. 

It was around 11:30 in the night when Neil finally returned. Avni asked him to freshen up while she heated the food & he obliged without a protest. He was too exhausted from work anyways, & would accept any help that she willed to offer. Neil figured that it felt nice to have someone to come back to after a long tiring day at work. Specially when that someone possessed the power to dissipate any stress just by offering a simple smile!

N - These are just like Neela Aunty's. - he said while stuffing a spoonful of rice in his mouth while Avni just smiled. 

A - I, uh, also prepared some truffle for you. It's your favourite, right! - she spoke. I'll just go get it from the fridge. - she told as she rushed towards the kitchen.

N - Avni, this is literally the best truffle that I've had, after Neela Aunty's of course! - he smiled sheepishly. But, uh, you shouldn't have taken all this effort, you know! - he spoke slowly while looking down at his plate making her frown. 

A - Neil, I just made us food. Moreover, you make me food everyday. So, please let's not spoil the moment by thinking too much over it. Okay? - she said honestly. She wanted to have the most of her time with him. And, she would not allow even him to spoil it for her. 

You don't understand, Avni! It would be tough for me to be alone all over again. It would be so tough to come back to an empty home - no food, no one to talk to! It would be so damn tough to not have you telling me about your day! - he thought to himself as a sigh left his mouth. 

Neil just nodded at Avni whilst they continued to eat their dessert.

They settled at the sofa after being done with the dinner. Avni rested her arms on the armrest as she sat cross-legged at the sofa, while Neil sat with his face held in his palm as he rested his elbow on the armrest of the sofa adjacent to hers. 

N - So, how was your day? - he asked.

A - It was good. They asked us to prepare a draft illustration for our dream homes today! - she told.   

N - And do you have it ready yet? - he questioned further. 

A - Um, no! Not really, I'm still working on it! - she told truthfully while he just nodded. How was your day at work?  - she asked.

N - Draining! I had three meetings today! - he grimaced while it was her turn to nod this time. 

It was just quarter left to one in the night, she was sleepy now, however, none retired to the room as they wanted to bask all the comfort that they could in each others' presence. 

A - Neil? - she asked as her eyes started being droopy.

N - Hm?

A - Have you ever loved someone? - she asked as she focused on him. 

N - What? - he laughed out of disbelief!

A - What? I am not asking you if you've seen a UFO! Just, have you ever been in love? - she pressed. 

N - Uh, No, I guess! - he answered with the remnants of laughter still there on his features. 

A - Why? - she asked as she blinked at him. 

N - Um, I don't know! Never happened. - he shrugged. Pehle kabhi waqt nhi mila, aur ab darr lagta hai! 

A - Kis chiz se? 

N - You know, after Mom & Dad! It's just tough. I know it's been years now & I should probably get past it by now, but, it's..it's tough! - he completely painfully. 

A - I know it's tough, but I'm sure you'll get through it, Neil. - she spoke slowly as she wrapped her index finger around his. 

Unconsciously, he rubbed his thumb over her finger that was holding onto him as a smile graced his face. 

N - What are your thoughts on love? - he asked as he looked up at her. 

A - Oh, its quite simple actually! - she shrugged. I think love would feel like a cool breeze on damp summer nights, & like a relaxing hot water bath after a long exhausting day, & like a peaceful sweet slumber next to your beloved, or may be like a rewatch of one's favourite comfort movie, or may be like a hot hazelnut latte on a really cold day, I think it would feel like spring & all things alive. - she spoke. Just like I do, with you! - she thought!  

Even if he wanted to, he couldn't ignore the twinkle in her eyes as she so passionately spoke about love. Neil almost felt like she was speaking it while picturing a certain someone in her mind. And, he was afraid by the intensity of the way he wanted that certain someone to be him! 

N - Tumhe hua pyaar kabhi kisise? - he found himself thinking out loud. 

A - Main toh bta dungi, aap sun paoge? - she asked as she looked at him in the eye. 

Hazel brown against charcoal black! It was as if dark brown forests been taken over by the charcoal night sky! 

N - Huh? - he dumbly managed.

Blinking her eyes in amusement, she got up from the sofa & bent herself towards him as she unwrapped her finger from his & placed her palm at his cheek while he just watched her as he felt his heart picking up speed. 

Avni rubbed her thumb on his cheek as she looked into his eyes & then at his lips, she could tell his breathe hitched as he grabbed the armrest of the sofa tightly. Giving him a lopsided chortle, she slowly placed her lips on his cheek & then sucked at the hollow of his cheekbone making him inhale sharply. 

A - Good night, Neil. Sleep well! - she said as she pulled back. 

Neil just watched her moving out of his sight as she chirpily hopped towards her room while he just sat there with his drumming heart!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.9K 864 27
This is a story about six friends. In the course of this story... One of them nearly dies... One of them kills someone and goes to jail... One of the...
137K 3.4K 21
Some desi short stories stuck in my mind
54.3K 1.6K 14
Short romantic stories This story is originally published on wattpad by @itsyourblackrose and written by @avneil93. P/s- A very humble request to all...
34K 1.3K 16
This book is a collection of short love stories. Highest rank- #5 in #shortstorycollection on 1st May'21 Are you a sucker for short romantic love sto...