Love Bites!

By Nerdy__Turtle

Mixed platter of short romance stories that will hopefully bring a smile on your face! More

Introduction & Table of Contents
*Ineffable Bonds!*
Ineffable Bonds (1)
Ineffable Bonds (2)
Ineffable Bonds (3)
Ineffable Bonds (4)
*Perfect Peace!*
Perfect Peace (1)
Perfect Peace (2)
Perfect Peace (3)
Perfect Peace (4)
Perfect Peace (5)
*Sweet Heaven!*
Sweet Heaven (1)
Sweet Heaven (2)
Sweet Heaven (3)
Sweet Heaven (4)
*Confession Letters!*
Confession Letters (1)
Confession Letters (2)
Confession Letters (3)
Confession Letters (4)
Confession Letters (5)
*When Life Happens!*
When Life Happens (1)
When Life Happens (2)
When Life Happens (3)
When Life Happens (4)
When Life Happens (5)
When Life Happens (6)
Review
*Unexpected Serendipity!*
Unexpected Serendipity (1)
Unexpected Serendipity (3)
Unexpected Serendipity (4)
Unexpected Serendipity (5)
Unexpected Serendipity (6)
*To Be With You!*
To Be With You (1)
To Be With You (2)
To Be With You (3)
To Be With You (4)
To Be With You (5)
To Be With You (6)
To Be With You (7)
To Be With You (8)
To Be With You (9)
To Be With You (10)
To Be With You (11)
To Be With You (12)
To Be With You (13)
To Be With You (14)
To Be With You (15)
To Be With You (Epilogue)

Unexpected Serendipity (2)

251 33 1
By Nerdy__Turtle

Avni had always been someone who panicked when plans changed last minute. She got to know that the hostel was fully booked & they didn't even have a single room to offer her. She had called at the reception just after getting herself enrolled in the Institute & the person had definitely told her that they would be taking bookings till the next week & thus there was no need for her to haste. Also, Avni thought that she'd at least like to visit once before she locked the place for staying there for the next two years! However, she never got a chance to reject the hostel as it itself rejected her for being too late! Dumb Receptionist! 

Neil was very patiently talking to the receptionist while Avni could feel herself getting more & more agitated by each passing minute. Neil turned to Avni once he figured that there was no use to keep waiting there anymore. 

N - Avni, I think we should go. I'm sure we'll figure something out, hm? - he spoke patiently as he watched her. 

Avni just nodded as she started walking out of the hostel premises with Neil walking besides her. Neil started the car once they had settled inside as he watched Avni through his peripheral vision. He figured that she looked distraught & anxious but didn't really know how to help her mood. 

N - Uh, Avni, when are your classes starting? - he finally asked after a while in an attempt to distract her. 

A - From Monday. After two days from today! - she answered as she glanced at him & then looked back outside the window. 

N - Hm. How about you explore Mumbai this weekend? I'll ask my PA to look for some hostels & PGs in the meanwhile. I'm sure we'll find someplace better! - he assured making her turn towards him. 

A - Neil, I'm really thankful that you want to help! But, where will I stay till the time we arrange for my accommodation? Also, it will be tough shifting once the classes start! - she pondered.

N - What do you mean where will you stay? - he frowned. You don't like my apartment? - he glanced at her once before focusing on the road.

A - What? No, it's not that! Its just, you've already helped, Neil. I don't want to bother you anymore! - she spoke lowly, unsure of his reaction. 

N - Avni, you don't bother me, okay? - he stated. Ashish uncle & Neela aunty are my only family & this is the least I can do for them. And, if you're comfortable at my apartment then you're staying there till the time we find you a hostel or PG. Okay? 

A - No, Neil! - she sighed. I know that you feel like this, but you're not bound to help me just because you feel obligated to my parents, okay! - she said. 

His words hurt her. No matter what, he would always see her as her parents' daughter. That was it! There was nothing she could do that would make him see her for her. And that stinged! 

N - Avni, I am not doing it because I feel obligated to them, but I am doing it because I feel a sense of responsibility towards them, towards you! It's as simple as that. I don't understand why would you even think that way! - he looked at her, totally unaware of her inner turmoil. 

Avni just sighed as she looked out of the window. She knew when to pick her battles just as she knew that there was no point arguing with Neil on the topic at hand. He would never let her stay in a hotel, & most probably, even her parents would ask her to stay at his place. So, even if unwantedly, she surrendered to it. 

If the circumstances had been different, she would have loved staying with him, the thought of sharing a space with him excited & thrilled her to no extent as much as it wrecked her nervous. But, now, he was doing it out of some stupid sense of responsibility or obligation whatever he called it & not because he considered her as someone he'd like to take care of!

It was childish of her to crib like that, she knew it! But, she couldn't help her stubborn heart. However, she collected herself & made sure that she didn't act all over the place. 

Avni was confused when Neil stopped the car while they still had not reached his complex. But, before she could ask him anything, he himself spoke. 

N - Come, I'll show you the heart of Mumbai. - he smiled at her as he got off the car. 

Following Neil, Avni too, got off the car & closed her eyes as she felt the cool breeze that was blowing in their direction. She could feel the anxiety dissipating off her. Taking in a deep breathe, she turned around to her side only to find Neil standing there while looking at her with a smile on his face. 

Why was this man so serene? It hurts to look at him! Her heart went jittery again!

N - Come! - he spoke while Avni just looked at him, completely mesmerised by the sheer beauty of the man her heart went crazy for. 

Neil sat at the ledge as he laid out his handkerchief next to him for Avni to sit upon. He held her hand & helped her climb up the ledge as she sat next on him. Both of them sat their in silence for a while as they looked at the endless sea & the waves that came crashing towards the shore. 

A - This is so beautiful! - she smiled. I had only seen glimpses of Marine Drive in movies, it looks ethereal! - she turned to look at Neil who was already looking at her. 

N - Yes. It does! - he smiled back as he turned to look at the sea. 

The sky was a hue of red & orange as they watched the sunset while feeling the damp breeze washing over their bodies. 

N - You know, Avni! I was your age when I had come here for the first time. And, now, after living in this city for seven years, I can testify that Mumbai never rests - the city is ever-changing. People are always in a rush to get somewhere or the other, and the new things are being replaced by newer ones every passing minute. Nobody really stops here, bas yeh ek samandar hi hai jo waise ka waisa hai! Yeh kabhi nhi badalta! - he told as a small smile graced his lips. 

Avni looked at the way Neil's eyes shone when he was looking at the horizon, it was probably the first conversation that she was having with him, & in that moment, all she wanted was that moment to last forever! She could listen to him talking all her life! He talked less, but made sure that he melted hearts whenever he did! An involuntary smile found home at Avni's face as she watched him. 

A - You love this city, don't you!? - she rhetorically asked. 

N - I do. - he simply smiled as a sigh left his mouth. I love Indore as well. But, it reminds me of what all I've lost, while Mumbai, reminds me of what all I've to achieve! It gives me hope! - he told truthfully. 

A - I hope that you achieve all that you hope for! - she wished making him smile at her. 

N - Do you think you'd like some vada-pav & tea? - he asked.

A - I think I'd love it! - she smiled. 

Neil brought two vada-pav & cutting chai while Avni waited for him. Handing them over to her, he sat back & then took his share from her. They ate in silence as they watched the sunset. 

A - Neil? 

N - Hm? 

A - Can I ask you something? - she asked nervously.

N - Yes, Avni. What is it? - he gave her an encouraging smile. 

A - Can we be friends? - she bit the insides of her lower lip making Neil look at her in amusement.

N - Why? You don't want to hide behind Neela Aunty anymore? - he fought back a laugh while Avni was clearly embarrassed.  

A - I was a kid back then! - she rolled her eyes. 

N - And you are not one now? - he laughed. 

A - I am legally an adult, Neil. So, no, I ain't a kid anymore! - she bit a huge bite of her vada-pav as she turned to look at the horizon while he just laughed out loud.  

N - Friends! - he raised his tea cup in a toast while looking at her expectantly. 

Avni blinked her eyes & bit the insides of her lips as she tried to suppress the smile that threatened to break out on her face. She clinked her cup with his in a toast to their friendship. 

_______________

The whole weekend was spent sightseeing as Neil took Avni around the city. They had visited Siddhi Vinayak Temple, Haji Ali Dargah, Gateway of India, Nariman Point, Bandra Stand, Chowpatty Beach, and had eaten all the local food, be it the different chaats, or bhel puri, or vada-pav, or cutting chai. And, Avni loved every bit of it. As much as she loved Neil's company, she was completely in awe with the amazement Mumbai was! 

Neil had been in the city for seven long years now but in the last two days, he found it a bit more beautiful than he already did, may be because he was seeing it from her eyes! She made him see things which he had failed to, even after all these years. And, Neil felt that he hadn't been this relaxed with anyone in such a long time that it almost felt like an eternity. The girl had ways to make him smile & laugh at the most mundane of things. Also, Neil observed that she definitely wasn't that kid anymore who used to avert eyes from him, in fact, now she looked him in the eye with her beautiful charcoal black eyes as she smiled at him making his heart tug in a weirdly different way! Something he had not experienced before!

It was Monday the next day & Avni was supposed to start her classes, however, his PA couldn't really find a decent hostel or PG for her to move in yet. The ones that they liked were either full or were too far away from her Institute, and the ones that were offering rooms weren't good enough. 

At the moment, they were standing in the balcony that was adjacent to both of their rooms & were sipping the banana milkshake that Neil had prepared for the both of them. 

A - It's a full moon today! - she pointed out. 

N - Yeah! - he acknowledged with a shrug. 

A - What? You don't like the moon? - she asked. 

N - I think I'm more of a day person, I like sun more! Yeh chaand - taaron ka mujhe kuch smjh nhi aata! Kabhi dikhayi dete hain, kabhi nhi dikhayi dete! - he wondered with a thoughtful expression on his face. They somehow make me feel lonely, I don't know if that even makes sense! - he averted eyes as he chuckled humourlessly. 

Though he had said it as a joke, Avni definitely understood the meaning behind his words in a heartbeat. She knew that he still mourned the death of his parents. Taking in a deep breathe, she intwined her index finger with his as she tugged on it to grab his attention. 

A - You know, it makes perfect sense! Stars are stupid. - she made a face as she shook her head showing animated disappointment. Even I think I like the sun better. - she spoke while nodding her head, as if agreeing on a nation concerning deal. 

Neil just looked at her as she kept nodding her head up & down while her index finger was still wrapped around his in such a fashion that Neil could feel his heart skip a beat when he looked at them. In that moment, he knew how beautiful it felt to have somebody who will always be by your side, even if you were standing against stars & the moon! Taking in a deep breathe, he shook his head a little to clear the haze Avni had just created around him & chuckled at her. 

N - You should go sleep. Will have to wake up early tomorrow. I'll drop you at the Institute, okay?  - he ruffled her hair out of habit as he took his hand out of her hold. 

Neil grabbed both of their tumblers & had turned to move towards the kitchen to put them in the sink when Avni spoke. 

A - Neil?

N - Hm? - he turned sideways to look at her. 

A - I am not a kid anymore! - she spoke with dejection clear in her voice. 

N - Huh? - he asked being genuinely confused. 

A - I said I am not a kid. I am an adult now! - she stated as she looked him in the eye. 

N - Um, Yeah! - he chuckled confusedly. But you're still seven years younger than me! - he spoke quite unsure what the context of this whole conversation was. 

A - First of all, it's not 7 years, it's 6 years & 4 months. And secondly, what does it even change if I am younger than you! - she had had enough now! How long was she supposed to wait? How long was she supposed to feel like this? How long was he going to act like he did not just notice her existence at all? Was he ever going to look at her anyway? Was the wait worth it anyway? 

 N - Uh, Avni, I - I don't understand? - he spoke. 

A - Of course, you don't! - she mumbled under her breathe. It was stupid of her to think that he'd understand how she felt about him. She was acting on impulse. She shouldn't have, it was only going to complicate things between them. He did not even like her back, what was she even expecting him to do! Leave it, Neil. I was just - rumbling. Good night! - she spoke as a sigh left her mouth. 

She moved inside her room & locked it while he just looked at her retreating figure with confusion itched on his face. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3K 896 20
ᵂʰᵃᵗ ʰᵃᵖᵖᵉᶰˢ ʷʰᵉᶰ ˡᵒᵛᵉ ᶠᶤᶰᵈ ᶤᵗˢ ᵒʷᶰ ʷᵃʸˑˑˑ ᵂʰᵉᶰ ᵗʷᵒ ˢᵗᵃᶰᵍᵉʳˢ ʷᶤˡˡ ᶠᵃˡˡ ᶤᶰ ˡᵒᵛᵉ ˀˀˀˀ ᴾᵉᵉᵖ ᶤᶰˢᶤᵈᵉ ᵗʰᶤˢ ˢᵗᵒʳʸ ᵗᵒ ᵏᶰᵒʷ ᵐᵒʳᵉ ˑˑˑ ᴴᵃᵖᵖʸ ʳᵉᵃᵈᶤᶰᵍ 💕😊 #ᵃᵛᶰᵉ...
22.7K 2.7K 7
A simple school love story of our avneil❤
2.5K 185 8
A collection of short stories ❤️
55.4K 2.7K 8
☼︎𝑶𝑵𝑬 𝑺𝑯𝑶𝑻𝑺 𝑪𝑶𝑳𝑳𝑬𝑪𝑻𝑰𝑶𝑵☼︎ 𝐿𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑠ℎ𝑜𝑡𝑠 | 𝑃𝑦𝑎𝑎𝑟 𝑏ℎ𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑘𝑖𝑠𝑠𝑒 Some one shots that randomly pop into my mind filled...