Love Bites!

Por Nerdy__Turtle

Mixed platter of short romance stories that will hopefully bring a smile on your face! Más

Introduction & Table of Contents
*Ineffable Bonds!*
Ineffable Bonds (1)
Ineffable Bonds (2)
Ineffable Bonds (3)
Ineffable Bonds (4)
*Perfect Peace!*
Perfect Peace (1)
Perfect Peace (2)
Perfect Peace (3)
Perfect Peace (4)
Perfect Peace (5)
*Sweet Heaven!*
Sweet Heaven (1)
Sweet Heaven (2)
Sweet Heaven (3)
Sweet Heaven (4)
*Confession Letters!*
Confession Letters (1)
Confession Letters (2)
Confession Letters (3)
Confession Letters (4)
Confession Letters (5)
*When Life Happens!*
When Life Happens (1)
When Life Happens (2)
When Life Happens (3)
When Life Happens (4)
When Life Happens (5)
When Life Happens (6)
Review
*Unexpected Serendipity!*
Unexpected Serendipity (2)
Unexpected Serendipity (3)
Unexpected Serendipity (4)
Unexpected Serendipity (5)
Unexpected Serendipity (6)
*To Be With You!*
To Be With You (1)
To Be With You (2)
To Be With You (3)
To Be With You (4)
To Be With You (5)
To Be With You (6)
To Be With You (7)
To Be With You (8)
To Be With You (9)
To Be With You (10)
To Be With You (11)
To Be With You (12)
To Be With You (13)
To Be With You (14)
To Be With You (15)
To Be With You (Epilogue)

Unexpected Serendipity (1)

327 35 4
Por Nerdy__Turtle

Mumbai, 5 pm

Avni had always been her father's princess. As much as he pampered her, he had also made sure to imbibe in her a strong sense of what's right & what's wrong, he had taught her to stand for her morals & to stand for herself whenever needed. 

So following her father's advice, after years of dreaming, Avni had finally stepped into the city of dreams. She had always dreamt to be an interior designer since the time she understood the concept of designing. She had completed her graduation in her hometown, Indore & had come to Mumbai to pursue her dream. 

She had gotten into one of the best institutes offering a diploma in interior designing through merit, it was a two years course including a period of one year of internship. Avni was more than excited to get started & thus, with eyes full of hope & shine, she dragged her suitcase and carried a bag-pack on her back as she walked out of the platform of Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus. 

Reaching outside, she opened her phone to check the details of the car that was supposed to be here to pick her up.  After looking for a few minutes, she finally found the car & moved towards it. The driver greeted her sweetly while she greeted back as he helped her to load the luggage in the car. 

As much as she was excited to start her studies, she was also equally excited to meet Neil. The only man she had a crush on. Avni had been fascinated by Neil since the time she had seen him for the very first time. She had first met him when she was eight years old & he was fifteen. Though she had always been the outgoing sunshiny kid who would want to be friends with everyone, for some reason unknown to even her, she always acted out of character whenever it came to Neil. She used to hide behind her mother, grabbing the ends of her saree as she peeked at him sneakily while shielding herself from his sight. However, at the same time, she followed him silently everywhere he went, she loved watching him as he helped her father at his apparel shop, solved his math problems that he had gotten as holiday home-work, as he clicked pictures of almost anything & everything that he found appealing to his camera. 

Summer - breaks were her favourite time of the year as it was the only time when Neil came to their place for staying from his boarding school. Year went by year but nothing changed about the way Avni felt for Neil, in fact, her feelings just intensified as time sailed by. Over the years, they had interacted a few times, & Avni's heart never failed to go jittery every time he talked to her, however, she didn't really like the fact that he always treated her like a kid. He ruffled her hair & brought her chocolates every time he visited, which she obviously loved, but even then a tiny part of her couldn't help but wonder what it would be like to be treated by him as his friend, as someone who he would consider his go-to person & not just his father's friend's dumb child who follows him with a stupid smile on her face which still misses a tooth, for god's sake! 

Lost in her thoughts, Avni didn't realise when the car came to a stop. It was only when the driver had opened the gate for her that she realised that they had reached her destination, Neil's apartment. The driver helped her carry the luggage up to the 23rd floor where Neil's apartment was & once in the lift Avni's heartbeat was skyrocketing as each floor passed by. The moment they reached his floor, she could feel her heart thumping against her chest. 

Breathe in. Breathe Out. Act cool. Repeat. 

Chanting the mantra in her head, she finally rang the door bell as she nervously waited for him to open the door. He had called her two hours back to let her know that he was stuck in a last minute but urgent meeting with some client so he couldn't come to the railway station to pick her up. Avni could feel her heart drop at the moment, however she understood that he was genuinely busy & he had even arranged for his driver to pick her up as he sent her the details of the car so that she could recognise it. Avni had dumbly nodded to herself upon listening to him as if he could see her through the phone. She voiced out an embarrassing "Yes" when he asked her again if she was okay.

Neil had insisted Ashish, Avni's father to let Avni stay at his place till the time she was ready to shift in her hostel. Ashish & Neela had felt like a weight had been lifted off their shoulder when Neil assured them that he would always be present to help Avni out whenever she needed him. 

At the moment, Neil was shutting his laptop down as his hours long meeting had just ended & just when he was about to call his driver to ask how longer it will take him to reach home, he heard the door bell ring. 

Smiling to himself inadvertently, he walked out of his home office & walked up to the door to open it. He found Avni fidgeting with the straps of her handbag as she shifted on her foot nervously upon seeing him. 

N - Hi, Avni. Come inside - he gave her a warm smile as the driver carried her luggage inside & placed it in one corner of the hall. 

Avni just nodded at him as she stepped inside the apartment & took it in. As someone who was thoroughly & religiously interested in interiors, Avni really admired the way he had set his apartment up. It was minimalist with an overall vintage look to it, however she didn't fail to notice that there was nothing that felt personal. They were no photos, or souvenirs, or anything else that would make it feel like home, & not just some hotel villa. The apartment felt cold.

N - How was your journey, Avni? Was everything alright? - his voice broke Avni's trance & made her look at him while blinking her eyes. 

She was so lost in her own thoughts that she failed to catch up what Neil had asked. And, when Neil figured that she had not heard anything that he had said, he couldn't stop the chuckle that left his mouth. The girl was always lost in her own world. In the last thirteen years that he had known her, he had always known that she was one extrovert kid who loved to talk but strangely became this timid girl whenever she came across him. He always used to think that may be she was just intimidated by his introvert self. Over the years, their interactions were limited to the general greetings & random how's & what's but the girl never failed to amuse him every time he found her sneaking after him, as if she was too shy to directly talk to him. 

N - Are you not going to greet me, Kid? - he asked while fighting back a smile as he tilted his head to the side. 

A - Hello, Neil! - she mumbled as she mentally rolled her eyes! 

She was 21 years old now. AN ADULT, for god's sake! And, was about to turn 22 in two weeks. Only god knew how this devilishly gorgeous man had the brain of a bird which made him think that she was a kid! 

N - You must be tired from the journey! Get freshen up & grab some sleep, hm? I'll show you your room? Works? - he asked while she just nodded. 

Neil carried her luggage to the room opposite to his as Avni followed him behind. She closed the door & leaned against it as soon as Neil was out after showing her around the room. 

A - It's alright, Avni. You've got this! Just act cool for sometime, you'll be moving to the hostel in two days anyways! - she breathed out as she talked to herself.  

________________

Avni didn't realise when sleep took over as she lied on the fluffy bed after a relaxing shower. She only woke up when her stomach grumbled as it demanded food. Rubbing her eyes, she woke up & grabbed her phone in order to check the time. It was 9 PM & she was starving. 

Sighing, she got off the bed, washed her face & tamed her hair before she walked out of the room. She walked distractedly as she looked around to find where the kitchen was. Once, she was in the hall, she found Neil setting the food on the dining table as he moved in & out of the open kitchen. 

A - Um, Neil? - she spoke slowly as she walked up to him. 

N - You woke up? Feeling fresh? - he asked as he looked up at her. 

A - Yes. Your mattress is quite a catch! - she laughed while Neil smiled back at her. 

N - Hungry? - he asked as he raised his eye brows at her. 

Avni just nodded in answer making him smile. Neil gestured her to sit as he himself grabbed a seat opposite to hers. Avni observed that it was a small table, could only accommodate four people at maximum. Nonetheless, she found it cozy & comfortable as a small smile graced her mouth. 

A - Have you prepared all this food by yourself? - she wondered as she saw all the different variety of food that was placed on the table. It was way much for two people's appetite.  

N - Ah, Yeah! Actually, my maid left the job saying that I was too fussy about the food! - he grimaced. So, I usually cook for myself. I have help for the cleaning but am still looking for a maid who can cook. - he added sheepishly as she looked at him. 

A - I can't imagine you being fussy! - she laughed. You're probably the most composed & poised person I've ever met. I remember you used to love Maa's food. - she thought out loud making him smile. 

N - Neela aunty is one great cook. I miss her food, especially the dal chawal she makes! It's my favourite. - he told but then suddenly his expression became one of pain & agony!

A - Why don't you visit nowadays? You've not come home in last three years! - she spoke lowly. 

There was a moment of silence, Neil did not say anything & Avni was only half expecting an answer. She sighed as she watched him playing with his food with the fork in his hand. 

N - It's just work. Keeps me busy. - he finally spoke with a small smile on his face. Anyways, how is everything going on with your studies? The admission process is all done, right? - Avni knew he was trying to change the topic, & as impulsively as she wanted to ask him if work was the only reason that he had cut his visits, she knew that he wasn't comfortable talking about it. 

A - Yes, admission is done. I just need to visit the hostel to check if my room is ready. I'll go there tomorrow. - she smiled. 

N - Okay. I'll take you there. - he smiled back. 

They ate the rest of the dinner in silence & then retired to their respective rooms after wishing each other night. 

_______________

By the time Avni woke up the next day, Neil had already left for his office. After waking up, she quickly took a shower & then called her parents to talk to them, instantly feeling much better after talking to them & just when she was about to go out of the room to find Neil, she saw a text from him. 

"Good morning, Avni! 

I had to leave for work a bit early today. I've made you breakfast. I'll be back by four in the evening, so we can visit for your hostel after that. Till then, feel free to look around the house & the complex if you want. 

And, you can cook lunch if you want, or else, I'll order it for you! Let me know" 

Heaving a deep breathe, she moved out of the room & ate her breakfast in silence. Once done with it, she texted him back that she would cook for herself & that she would wait for him to come back. 

_______________

Just as he had said, Neil came back home at sharp four in the evening & then they left for her hostel. 

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

398K 32.3K 75
story on our very own avneil
160K 6.4K 73
➽Just short love stories...❤ ⇝❤️. ⇝🖤. ⇝♥️. ⇝💙. ⇝🩷. ⇝🤍. ➽💛Going on. ➽🩶Coming up [Ignore grammatical mistakes. I will improve my writing gradual...
39.7K 2.7K 15
Published: 23rd January, 2021 A collection of short love stories. #4 in Indian - 15/09/21 (Image used as the cover is not copyrighted by me. Credit g...
137K 3.4K 21
Some desi short stories stuck in my mind