Phoenix Wing

By BanetteGirl

(Crossover) Pokemon and Fairy Tail. Welcome to Sinnoha, Home of the Ash Ketchum from the Phoenix Wing guild... More

The Sea of Red
The New Member
The First Mission
The Lonely Bird
The Story of Ash and Gary
The Wings of Tomorrow
The Boys That Walked in The Forest
Whoever said Silent was Golden, Lied.
The Star that Fell to Earth
Aquarius, Returns!
The Dragon Brother's First Mission
Team Black Pixie
What The Guild Master Knows....
Gary, Gary what all do you know....
In the Shadows, I will be there
When The Games Begin
Authors note
Let the Rain Fall Down
Drip, Drop, Drip
The Guild Master's Decision
Galaxy Full Of Stars
I Traveled A Sea Of Stars For You
The Star That Shot Out The Light
Shooting Star
At The Break of Dawn
The Night The Stars All Died Out
Twinkle Twinkle.....
The Promise of Tomorrow....
Dear Readers
Until the Last Sliver of Gold Melts Away.....

Shine So Bright The Rest Of The World Fades Away

41 1 1
By BanetteGirl

Ash looked out the window he had been quiet for most the train ride, while Iris tended to Trip, Paul and Gary sat across from him both busy with something. To be honest Ash thought he'd be beside himself now that Gary was back, but something inside him was too broke to react.

Anubis...

He was still broken-hearted over loosing her, and it had been a few months now, he was sleep deprived he couldn't sleep properly with out seeing her face as the monster took her away. Why didn't he had magic before, why couldn't he use it to save her, why!!!

"Ash," a hand touched his arm

Looking beside him, Misty sat watching him.

That's why....

Anubis did it to save her, why was it always the same plot lose one friend to gain another. He was tired of these plots.

"yeah," he grumbled

Misty looked slightly hurt, witch was something Gary picked up on, not Ash.

"Are you alright,"

"Just thinking,"

"You seamed to be thinking pretty hard," she said Petting a sleeping Ninf

"I was just thinking that maybe this guy would have awnsered on Anubis too,"

This time the hurt that crossed her face was also noticed by Paul and Torta who looked at one another, their own faces crossed with some emotions.

"Maybe he will," she forced out

Ash looked at her funny before turning to look out the window again. He watched her reflection as she disappeared back to the star realm spooking a train attendant who was about to ask her if she wanted something.

Iris walked up about that time with Sniv and Trip. Trip wasn't doing to hot on the train and Sniv was holding on to his hand floating behind him.

"We're coming into the final stretch," Gary said looking at the map

"Good," trip said his face was flushed and he sweating slightly

"Will you be alright," Iris asked puffing out her cheeks while her face got red

"Yeah, I just need a rest,"

"Trip I'm sorry," Sniv whispered dropping his ears

"It's fine Sniv, you helped me and Iris out before. It will be ok,"

They all sat there for a bit before a meal Gary had ordered showed up, everyone ate what food they had in silence. Before Gary spoke up,

"Ash, we need to talk,"

"About what,"

"The answers your after,"

"What about them,"

"Well for starters you need to get you mind in order. Your minds still stuck on Anubis and it's harming your contract with Misty, you acting like you don't have another spirit. And your just worried about her, you need to focus,"

Ash glared at him ,"So I need to give up on Anubis,"

"If that's what gonna help you focus, yes,"

A dry laugh left Ash, "That's what they said i needed to do about you," and with that Ash left

Gary looked down at his plate before putting his head in his hands. What had he said, well he knew what he said but it didn't come out right.

----///----

Ash stood in a abandoned room of the train, it was for smokers, it wasn't like he had just barged into someone's room with out asking. He just wanted to be alone and this room was deserted so win win. He sat with his head in his hands while tears gathered up at the tip of his nose and fell down.

"Anubis what do I do,"

He waited for her to answer him like she had at the games but he was just met with silence.
Ninf walked up and placed his paw on His knee.

"Dont cry,"

"I can't help it,"

"We will get all the answers we want once we get there,"

Ash smiled at the cat before scratching his ears. Picking him up he walked back towards the room they had, but stopped when he noticed Paul was sitting alone inside.

"Where's everyone,"

"Trip need some fresh air to try and calm down, Iris went with him like a lost puppy dog, while Gary went to cool his head,"

Torta nodded with each word

Ash sat back down, he was now across from the older dragon slayer. Who sat petting Torta and looking out the window.

"So,"

Paul looked at him, "what,"

"Before you said Anubis talked to you..,"

"Yes," he sighed out

"Why did she talk to you before she talked to me,"

"I don't know," Paul said annoyed

Ash looked at him he had closed his eyes in frustration and had stopped letting Torta.

"Ok then., so is Torta a girl or boy,"

This caught the cat off guard and it fell back

"Torta is a boy, a boy," the cat cried and jumping up in the air flapping its wings at Ash

"Well it's just hard to tell you have a little kid voice, and you don't do a whole lot,"

"I do more then your cat, I'm Paul's number one partner," he growled his ears back and fur ruffled

"Enough Torta sit down," Paul yanked his tail

Ash laughter at the cat he was funny

"So what's your past,"

Paul looked at him his eyes glaring, he didn't not like that question

"I lost my parents and had to live with Gary's, but they got rid of me and then I ended up in Phoenix Wing. Pretty plain Jane there,"

"just because you told me yours doesn't mean I'm telling you mine,"

"No but that's usually the normal thing people do,"

"I was found and raised by Brando when I was small, he taught me my magic up until he left. After that I wandered around till I found Trip who was looking for his dragon too, we traveled together until we ended up in a home we thought we'd have forever then the army came and we lost it, after that we all went to the forest, you know the rest,"

"I'm sorry, it's hard to loose people, at least you had Trip and Torta and Sniv,"

"I could say the same to you,"

"Huh,"

"I hate to admit it but you've been mind set on Anubis and as much as we all want her back right now that's not the main priority, you should be happy you still have people that love you lots of people,"

Ash nodded slowly, "it's just she was always beside me, since I was small,"

"It's hard to loose the ones that where there the longest, they taught you the most, but you have to keep going and hope one day you'll see each other again,"

They got to Porter town shortly afterwards, and after a quick bite to eat and a rest stop for Trip they set off again now in the direction of the Captains boat house.

"So once we get here he'll take us to the guys island and he'll tell us what we need to know,"

"Yes," Gary said showing her the map, "and then we can report back to the master tell him what we know and go from there,"

"An when we head back will we be taking a different route,"

"Yes," Gary pointed at the map

"We will take this route, it's more of a walk but less at the same time,"

"How so,"

"We can catch a train for a day, and then it's a dessert walk and finally pack threw a small town outside of the Guild limits and whalla,"

"So instead of a two day train ride and a walk there a horrible forest it's, a one day train ride and then three day walk to the guild,"

"It really won't take us that long Iris," Gary said

"How so,"

"Because I know a short cut threw the dessert that won't take long,"

Iris glared at the boy, "whatever, your acting like a little kid with that map out it away,"

"Hey look I see the boat house," Ninf called out

They gathered around the door while Torta, Sniv and Ninf all knocked

A old lady opened the door, with a large funny looking Parrot that had to be the size of her on her shoulder and a small cane that had a ship for a handle.

"Can I help you,"

"Yes mam we are the Phoenix Wing Guild Member who asked for a lift the Mr. seas island,"

"Aw your the yunksters I'm caring over the water,"

"Wait your the captain," Iris asked

"Sure am," she said swinging her cane, but Iris ducked and it watched poor Trip,

"Ow, what I do,"

The old lady looked at him before smiling, while Iris held back her giggles.

"This way, this way," the bird cried out scaring the cats to all retreat

Once on board the house boat the old lady's bird flew off, as the house started to move around till what was once the living room was now the deck, and the house had shift back.

"Whoa, now that what I call magic," Ash said poking Gary in the side

"Hold on tight we like to go fast," and with that the large bird flapped it's wing Ana d caused a large wind that sent the ship sailing along its way.

"What," Iris screeched.

The winds had knocked her into Trip who lost his balance and fell, and now they laid onto of one another. Iris turned red in the face before she used her hair and had him thrown into the side of the house

The old lady smiled at the two before looking down at Ash

"What's the mader yunkster,"

"Huh, nothing," he said as he stood up and summonsed Misty.

"Nice magic,"

"Whoa the ocean,"

Misty walked over to the railing and looked down at the water, it was so pretty. Ash stood back and looked at her, the sun was setting causing everything to have a pink and orange tint to it and the light casting off the ocean just made her glow. He walked over to her,

"I'm sorry,"

"For what,"

"Not putting you first, I've been so absorbed in finding Anubis I forgot I had a good friend right here with me,"

"It's alright, I understand Anubis was important to you, it's only natural you'd miss her,"

He smiled at her, "man am I glad your my friend,"

For some reason Misty felt her stomach drop at the mention of friend, "yeah friends,"

Gary stood to the side watching them his own spirits keys resting in his hands, he smiled before he opened their doors up.

Soon Leo, Scorpio, and Sagittarius all stood looking around.

"Whoa the beach, how cool,"

"Scorpio it isn't the beach, it's the ocean," Sagittarius corrected

"So what," he hissed back

"So your stupid,"

"You two cut it out," Leo said running the bridge of his nose

"How are you three feeling,"

"Better but we still can't connect to anyone,"

"So the spirits are still not opening their gates,"

"No, we've tried to mKe contact but we've all fallen short,"

"What about you Aquarius, have you made any lead way,"

"No, I've been trying but I can't seam to get anywhere, I was hoping you three had,"

"Look here yunkster a there's the island, we are about ten minutes out,"

Everyone turned to look at the island, it had a large building on it that stood out the most.

"I can't wait any longer, Ninf," Ash called out as he returned Misty and him and Ninf grabbed Gary and took off

"Hey put me down, I was fine on the ship," he fussed as his spirits returned

"To late," Ash teased

Sniv.'s ears twit he'd before he turned to the sky

"LOOK OUT,"

The large bird was swooping at Gary, Ash couldn't quit laughing.

"Sniv lets play too," Torta said as he took off into the sky

"Ash put me down," Gary hollered as they got to the island shore

"Ok whatever you say," he dropped him five feet above the sand as he fell

"All right you yunksters take care of each other, and blonde,"

Trip turned to look at the old lady,

"If that purple haired woman of yours starts being mean to you,"

Iris face felt like it was on fire as she heard what the woman was saying

The old woman winked, "Sugar Lips Tarty Sue will take care of you,"

Trip was taken back as his cheeks felt hot quickly he walked away stumbling over his feet while everyone laughed as the ship took off ball the way it came.

"Sugar Lips," Gary snorted

"Shut up would cha,"

Waking up the stone path to the house Ninf started to fall behind

"What's wrong little buddy," Ash asked as everyone stopped

It was Trip that started to act funny next, he was ahead of everyone at the time, when suddenly he turned and tacked Iris to the ground

"GET DOWN,"

The house exploded as pieces fell around them, everyone looked up at the sky as a hooded figure laughed at them.

"NOOOO," Ash screamed the light of the explosion over coming the area to the point no one could see...

---///---

BanetteGirl: well there you go Ghostlings hope talk all enjoyed

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

522K 13.1K 33
(Fairytail Various! X Reader) []COMPLETE[] "You're a freak!" "She's a demon!" "She'll kill us all!" A small girl lay awake in her room, wondering why...
181K 5.1K 22
(( MAY 2024 UPDATE: FIC HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED. Wizards and mages. Two different users of the same magic. One channels it through the properties of th...
15.3K 140 6
A series of short stories featuring mainly on Ash and Chloe/BloomBoltShipping. Requests are open. Started: 9/31/21